Armor King Top 10 Movelist

Page Splits 123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
lain
Iron Fist God
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Post what you think armor king's top ten moves are in TTT2. I have a few in mind but im incredibly new to him. Looking for input from other players, seems the char forums are quite dead for TTT2 compared to T6 at launch, and lots of stuff has been changed.
kimimaro
6th Dan
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
In no particular order :

DF + 1 : Fast Poke
2, 1 : fast punish and leads to mind games
DF + 4 : Longer reach poke
D+1 , 4 : Anti pressure
UF + 4 : Combo starter crush low
DB + 3 : Combo starter crush high
CD + 2 : Dark upper, punishes whiff
CD+1 : Pressure tool leads to mind games
WS + 4 or CD 4 : Safe mid
B+4, 1+2 : Thanks to this thread, this is now my officially top 10 fav move. I didn't realize it was safe but now yeah
GS, TS, isw : Yeah what is AK without his damaging throws?

Well that's my playstyle though

Last edited by kimimaro on Sep 22nd, 2012 at 03:47

Signature Official "Anna and the king" Team lover
At least make this fun
Grrr...arrrghh (We are the ultimate team)
killerdoll89
Berserker
PSN: KILLERDOLL-FIN
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Too easy

1 : b4,1+2 Stunner. The only move that AK needed into his gameplay and his best move
2 : Du. Taggable crazy whiffpunisher and punisher
3 : Gs ISW. In this game throw are harder to break so these are now fucking awesome.
4 : d3. Allways good low.
5 : d2. After stunner easily the best mid for his game
6 : f21. at walls madness.
7 : Frankensteiner. if it hits its too good now.
8 : db1+2 : Headbutt for the pressure
9 : cd1 : for the pressure at walls
10 : HD (hades drop) that throw is just too good.

I did not put df1 or df4 pokes into my list because those moves suck at this game! I have eaten more launches to df1 than i can remember. I dont poke with ak much anymore because his mid fast pokes sucks balls. df1 is too easy to step anywhere
Signature new psn KILLERDOLL-FIN
Match ends when Marduk says so!!!
How to Descripe Armor King`s Stunner?
"What you don't see unless you look carefully is the 747 crash into an erupting volcano in the background and jesus returning with an army while Patrick Stewart sings Ludwig Van Beethoven's 'Ninth Symphony' at the sheer awesomness of it all." - Iron Lobster
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
You know you've finally made it on TZ when someone has quoted you in their sigT_T....

Looks up to the sky...
Signature A split second is only 30 frames.
SteveDD
Destroyer
PSN: SquallXIII
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
i dont think my list would differ much from killerdoll's although i m not very fond of frankensteiner.

Btw stunner's description best epicness ever. good job on that one
Signature Hell is empty; all the devils are here....
&&&
Grhar.来吧。At least make this fun?..Kazuya...
lain
Iron Fist God
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Are most of you using db1+2 in oki and thats it?
KidComeUp
Kyu
PSN: DJ_KidRelly
XBL: DJ KidRelly
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks killerdoll89, this gives me somewhere to start from.
lain
Iron Fist God
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by KidComeUp
Thanks killerdoll89, this gives me somewhere to start from.

I agree completely but my question still stands on d/b1+2 and when to use it... I also do not get the d/f+1 hate, I think it might be a joke but I can't tell, it's been so long
Rifee
2nd Dan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
*double post*
Signature Ground stomp <3

Ak main
Lee 2nd
Rifee
2nd Dan
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Mind you I almost only get to play online, and as a rule i almost never use throws. now I'm thinking about using them more since the online experience is so much better, but i have this mindset "if i donŠt have the skill to brake throws even offline, I'm not worthy of using them online" (isw I can digg though)

1. Stone cold stunner ( I use this move soo much)
2. df 2 (tracks pretty good, has a follow up, free dmg on counter hit and good oki, bounds)
3. DU (duh)
4. d 4 (versus online players this is pretty much guaranteed after any punisher you hit)
5. d 2 ( long range, bounds, lots of + frames on counter hit, forced croutch)
6. f 2, 1 (wall rape, carry, whiff punisher if you weren't ready for a DU)
7. ws 4, cd 4 ( safe mid, nice for wavedash)
8. d/f 1 ( alittle worse now, but still good enough for top 10)
9. d/f 4 (still love it, can be lacking sometimes though)
10.iWR 3 ( I use this alot vs good opponents, doesn't need to be instant vs bad ones. I've gotten to use
it a lot due to his lack of decent + frame moves)
Signature Ground stomp <3

Ak main
Lee 2nd
KNITEMAREX
Lone Wolf
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Editing since I did this pretty early and have a few changed opinions

1. DU - His signature move, taggable, massive hitbox for whiff punishing, tracks really well. Soooo good in this game

2. b+4:1+2 - Crazy addition. Incredibly hard to punish. Characters like Bob (2,1) and Jacks (f+2) can punish at point blank but safe at max distance. Leads to silly damage and oki

3. f+2,1 - Tracks, HC-able but not easy to do like Lee's f+2,1, KNDs and wall splats. Stupid good

4. Throws (GS, iSW, TS, DDT, HD, Chain grabs, etc.) - Joint best assortment of throws in the game. I like to find a use for all

5. d+2 - Still a strong mid from BR, forces crouch on hit and block, and buffer GS from it

6. WS4 - Fast, good range, safe, comes out of CD. Use it to make opponents reluctant to duck when you WD towards them, once they don't want to duck, then they are free to get grabbed, clotheslined, frankensteinered, etc.

7. CD+1 & f,f+3 - Advantage and pushback on block for both make them both great against walls. KNDs right below you for guaranteed stomps or other oki options. Use cautiously since they are both highs, but they are needed for AK to apply pressure

8. 2,1; 1,2; d/f+1 & d/f+4 - His staple pokes. Figured they weren't as useful early on but they round out his poking game quite nicely

9. Lows (d+3, d+4, d/b+3 & f,f,N,2) - I'll class them together despite their different uses because they are all good options. d+3 for a quick low poke, d/b+3 for a high crushing low, d+4 for high crush but safer option and f,f,N,2 for a hard to spot low that's + on hit

10. u/f+4 - It's a hopkick. They are pretty good in this game I hear

Other good stuff that you should/could fit into your game:
d/f+3
b+1,2
f,f,f+3
SS2,1
f,f+2
u/f+1+2

Last edited by KNITEMAREX on Mar 20th, 2013 at 18:09

lain
Iron Fist God
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by killerdoll89

I did not put df1 or df4 pokes into my list because those moves suck at this game! I have eaten more launches to df1 than i can remember. I dont poke with ak much anymore because his mid fast pokes sucks balls. df1 is too easy to step anywhere

I'll ask again, directly.

Why do you think df1 sucks outside of extremely situational circumstances? You literally said one of his best pokes sucks. DF4 I can understand because ANYONE can iWS4 or CD~4 and get a better move, but yeah.

d/f+1 hate justified?
kimimaro
6th Dan
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks to this thread I have added F+2, 1 and B+4; 1+2 to my top list
Signature Official "Anna and the king" Team lover
At least make this fun
Grrr...arrrghh (We are the ultimate team)
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
PSN: dropkick_br
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
df+1
df+4
b+1, 2
DU
db+3
GS
iSW
TS
b+4: 1+2
f+2, 1
3+4 (it's still effective for oki)
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
: Hey bro, not only that... both of us got future endeavored...
: This is some WCW sh*t going on... Who's booking this crap?
green)Lei
do it like old water
PSN: GreenLei
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
as long as JDCR still using df1 a lot, this move cant be that bad
Signature ---> Lei general guide

---> and combos traps wallgame

"you cannot outsmart that which doesnt think"
monzell
Sage
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
besides all the moves that are over lapping, I'd like to extend this to other very useful moves AK has...

df+1+2 safe mid, tracks right if not both ways, great oki options after

b+1 is 12f so the string (b+1,2) is good for block punishment, and on ch it leads to a juggle. My staple does not work on bigs, looking to fix it now...

ss+2 by itself is a safe mid, guaranteed oki after

b+3 16f safe long range whiff punisher. I sometimes just use it to push people away from me if they are rushing in or if im being backed into a wall. If it hits, dash f+1+4 is guaranteed

d+2 is a great spacing tool. On block it leaves you both in FC animations with AK in the minor negatives. Your ws+4 will interrupt any attack they do unless they do theirs 1st. But then you can ss their ws+4 and punish, so it keeps everyone honest.
Personally, its a good move to throw out and make your opponent block if you just need to regain yourself and slow their momentum down if your getting your ass kicked, then bdc.

ws+4 out of wd is your best friend. fast, safe, mid out of wd keeps your opponents standing instead of ducking your wgf, and keeps them standing for throw mixes. They eat 3 of those in one round, they wont duck as much.

uf+1+2 Way to strong not to use. One of your oki choices for opponents that wake up wrong. Mainly on roll backs from certain throws. On hit resets oki. Its the number one move that should be in your mind when your trying to wait and bait your opponents incoming 'raw' tag attempt. They cant ss or block, lol. If your not breaking 100 w/ TA, your doing the wrong combo.

b+2,1,2 is easy to HC the Ch. Its has its place in my game.
Signature Yep, its Kray
Razugi4ever
Kyu
PSN: RaZuGi4Ever
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Thx to this list, i added d+4 to my game... Especially because of GS buffer!

Thank you
Signature / Wrestling Tigers !!
JGS over low attacks to multi-throw drives them crazy
cuul_dude
Kyu
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
My favourite moves:

1. df+1 ( a fast hit and sometimes tracks ).
2. df+2 (a bound as well as a good tracker and on CH having good oki "3+4" or free Ak down wrath "d+4,4,4").
3. f+2,1 (wait in both hits , wall splat,wall carry, tracks and on hit gives oki (3+4 or uf+1+2 hits successes with alots of oki).
4. b+4:1+2 (a safe good hit on block and on hit nice damage).
5. CD+2 (long range, whiffs highs, taggable, juggle starter and sometimes trackes**)
6. CD+1 (a nice stunning push back, also trackes**, on hit leaves opponent to Face down feet away and you can perform bundles of okizemis just like d+2, df+2 leave rising opponent to bound or d+2,d+3 or d+4,(4,4)***, is confirmed after CD+1 to bulky characters).
7. d+3,db+3 (pokes low, db+3 gives juggle on CH although tracks when uses well).
8. df+3 (a safe oki on rising and on hit give Giant swing advantage or fff+2+4 or when used at the end of juggle give a frame of unblock uf,d+1+2 which also leaves ).
9. 2,1 and b+1,2 ( good reversals athough 2,1 has a good frame on block as well as on hit and b+1 is also a fast offense crusher and on CH gives a juggle strater and safe on block).
10. d+2+3 or d+1+4 or db+1+2~d [a good step for performing While standings (WS+1 "Juggle starter and taggable", WS+2 " a good stunner on CH and juggle starter", WS+3 "good damage and safe on block", WS+4 "fast and safe mid" )]

Although AK has more usefull hits which i havent mentioned here like SS+2, SS+4, and also b+2,1>2 ,ff,N+2 low poke juggle starter on CH which gives juggles although i like all the movelist of AK.
** when used during wave dash or Instant input
*** d+4 is confirmed 2nd and third down hit is missing on quick rolls of opponent and Armor is on Back turn when opponent stand after quick rolls.

Regards AK.Roga
Signature kuma /panda and miguel
wrath + animal instinct
cuul_dude
Kyu
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
My favorite moves:
1. df+1 ( a fast hit and sometimes tracks ).
2. df+2 (a bound as well as a good tracker and on CH having good oki "3+4" or free Ak down wrath "d+4,4,4").
3. f+2,1 (wait in both hits , wall splat,wall carry, tracks and on hit gives oki (3+4 or uf+1+2 hits successes with alots of oki).
4. b+4:1+2 (a safe good hit on block and on hit nice damage).
5. CD+2 (long range, whiffs highs, taggable, juggle starter and sometimes trackes**)
6. CD+1 (a nice stunning push back, also trackes**, on hit leaves opponent to Face down feet away and you can perform bundles of okizemis just like d+2, df+2 leave rising opponent to bound or d+2,d+3 or d+4,(4,4)***, is confirmed after CD+1 to bulky characters).
7. d+3,db+3 (pokes low, db+3 gives juggle on CH although tracks when uses well).
8. df+3 (a safe oki on rising and on hit give Giant swing advantage or fff+2+4 or when used at the end of juggle give a frame of unblock uf,d+1+2 which also leaves ).
9. 2,1 and b+1,2 ( good reversals athough 2,1 has a good frame on block as well as on hit and b+1 is also a fast offense crusher and on CH gives a juggle strater and safe on block).
10. d+2+3 or d+1+4 or db+1+2~d [a good step for performing While standings (WS+1 "Juggle starter and taggable", WS+2 " a good stunner on CH and juggle starter", WS+3 "good damage and safe on block", WS+4 "fast and safe mid" )]

Although AK has more usefull hits which i havent mentioned here like SS+2 after hit has an option for 3+4 oki, SS+4, and also b+2,1>2 ,ff,N+2 low poke juggle starter on CH which gives juggles although i like all the movelist of AK
** when used during wave dash or Instant input
*** d+4 is confirmed 2nd and third down hit is missing on quick rolls of opponent and Armor is on Back turn when opponent stand after quick rolls.

Regards
AK.Roga
Signature kuma /panda and miguel
wrath + animal instinct
jaguar94
Virtuoso
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
here is my top 10:

1. f+2,1
2. df+1
3. b+4:1+2
4. ws+4