Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Fogelstrom
5th Dan
PSN: Fogelstrom
XBL: DicDictator
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Use f+1,2. Since he has no f+1 you get a standard 1 but with better range.
Signature Jinpachi / Jun
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
I was kinda surprised yesterday when I found out you can punish Pauls DF with df2. That's solid. I thought only df32 would be possible due to knockback but it's not that good of an option.
DF pushback still differs depending on Pauls distance. From close to small distance range, df2 will hit. From a tiny bit further where df2 whiffs, df32 will hit. A tiny bit further again, even df32 won't connect anymore.
Conclusion: DF is launchpunishable on block up to medium distance, safe on max distance.
Signature s3:
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
GUYS OMG!!!

JINPACHI CAN GRAB EDDY/CHRISTIE/TIGER OUT OF THEIR SHENNANIGANS!!

Any of the low sweeping or handstand attacks they have. YOU CAN LITERALLY DO A CROUCH GRAB AND INTERUPT THEM!!!

With the way grabs work, you don't even have to be at frame advantage to get away with it!

I need to do more experimenting. All I know is that I was caught up in a string and I did d+2+4 by accident and Jinpachi snatched them off the ground

Last edited by OffInBed on Oct 23rd, 2012 at 16:44

Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
Arcylis
Destroyer
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Have you tried it with other characters that have crouch throws? I cant imagine this is a Jinpachi specific thing.

In any case, a great discovery, thanks mate!
Signature To all my friends past, present, and future this is the best advice you will ever receive. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." ~Modern variation of The Golden Rule. The Golden Rule was first seen written on the Mahabharata, one of the two great Sanskrit epics. This was around the year 3000BC~ The Golden Rule has been around for over 5000 years and has been assimilated by every major faith the world has ever known.
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Arcylis
Have you tried it with other characters that have crouch throws? I cant imagine this is a Jinpachi specific thing.

In any case, a great discovery, thanks mate!

I know marduk can absolutely body Capos with this. Pretty much ANYONE with a crouch throw can do it.

BUT, Jinpachi I believe is the only one that gets a full launcher from it!

I'm going to be doing more experimenting with this. There are certain attacks from certain characters that usually I'd hop kick, but can't launch with Pachi. One example is if Nina whiffs u/f+1 in front of me, with Feng, hop kick no prob.

Pachi has options, but not to launch, HOWEVER! If nina whiffs that, she's in crouch position, I CAN JUST GRAB HER AND TOSS HER. This also may apply to Lars u/f+3 since highs whiff after block. Can't wait to test these theories!
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

#BUFFLARS
Arcylis
Destroyer
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
oh wow you got me excited now! Cant wait to see what you learn!!
Signature To all my friends past, present, and future this is the best advice you will ever receive. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." ~Modern variation of The Golden Rule. The Golden Rule was first seen written on the Mahabharata, one of the two great Sanskrit epics. This was around the year 3000BC~ The Golden Rule has been around for over 5000 years and has been assimilated by every major faith the world has ever known.
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Offinbed: don't wanna burst your bubble, but I tested the same thing with Drag back in BR. It would crouchthrow capos in certain situations but wouldn't in others. If I remember right it connected if my opponent tried to attack from relax and it would whiff when they were laying still in relax. Could be vice versa, quite some time ago.
I hope you're right but I'm not going hallelujah yet.

Btw: thank you so much for the tekken app. It's awesome and I use it frequently. I saw some questionmarks and some wrong numbers and will PM you some data when I find the time. That could take a while though so don't stay up for it
Signature s3:
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandilord
Offinbed: don't wanna burst your bubble, but I tested the same thing with Drag back in BR. It would crouchthrow capos in certain situations but wouldn't in others. If I remember right it connected if my opponent tried to attack from relax and it would whiff when they were laying still in relax. Could be vice versa, quite some time ago.
I hope you're right but I'm not going hallelujah yet.

Btw: thank you so much for the tekken app. It's awesome and I use it frequently. I saw some questionmarks and some wrong numbers and will PM you some data when I find the time. That could take a while though so don't stay up for it

Thanks man!!!

I've still got ss0o0o much work to do on the app. I'm thinking of including a bonus feature that will blow minds!

I'm still testing the whole grab thing. I don't want to grab them OUT of relax, but while they are attacking in relax. Eddy hits you with that low kick and goes into relax. He's at +5 and you can't do ANYTHING really and you're set up for 50/50 everytime that low hits.

BUT!! The way air throw/crouch grabs work, they disobey these frame traps (for example, if someone does a running 3 and is at +7 frames, then hop kicks right after, jinpachi will still grab them out of the air).

So RIGHT after you get hit by that attack and are left at -5, you throw out a crouch grab and almost all their options for attacks will be countered by the throw!

Also, it's a great alternative for launching -14 lows instead of using ws+1,1 which has shitty damage in my opinion.

I blocked Feng's d/b+3 yesterday, and instead of punishing with WS+1,1, I did the crouch grab. Only downside is that it's breakable, BUT the damage is so much better.

After the throw I did:

Forward dash u+4, d/f+1,1, d/f+3,1, u/b+1,2~f FLY 1,2,4

I'm sure if did almost 90 damage. It's not abusable, but if you block a launch punishable low like that, and you NEED to end that match, it's so good!

#BUFFLARS
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm gonna experiment with it.
Signature s3:
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Please do!!

It is totally viable for interupting the crap out of low attacks that high crush.

Think of it like this:

It's perfect use, would be for countering lows, in a way that doesn't allow you to get counter hit. This shouldn't be used randomly, but I think there is a special place for it when dealing with characters with Stances.

Oh, this doesn't work on zafina

#BUFFLARS
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok, I checked it and come to the same conclusion as in BR: you can grab capos out of relax while they initiate an attack from it. It won't grab them while being neutral in relax and I can't grab them from handstand either.
So to me this isn't really new but it is a good reminder I should crouchgrab when capos are spamming me with relax stuff.
Signature s3:
Kakarott SSJ III
Over 9000_0??!!
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
good stuff -- and OffInBed, I use the TC app; good stuff man, thanks!
Jeet_Keo_Do
Kyu
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
i didnt think d+2,1 was safe?
MaZtR HaXoR
Shihan
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Heyyy man, ub+1 is 0 on hit
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandilord
Ok, I checked it and come to the same conclusion as in BR: you can grab capos out of relax while they initiate an attack from it. It won't grab them while being neutral in relax and I can't grab them from handstand either.
So to me this isn't really new but it is a good reminder I should crouchgrab when capos are spamming me with relax stuff.

It shouldn't be able to crouch grab HSP since they're considered airborne while in it, if anything a neutral grab (such as standing 1+3 or 2+4) would work instead. I have almost no experience with Jinpachi vs Capo, but I'd have to assume that d+1 is Jinpachi's best tool against HSP/RLX.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Agreed. I didn't think it would grab as well, but offinbed wrote about it so I tested it.
Signature s3:
Crimzon
War Lord
PSN: Crimzon808
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
d+1 is the go to move against capos at range 0-2.

ff+3/ff+4 at range 2+ against capos who think they can go into stance or push random buttons half screen away without paying for it.
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
PSN: VargasTheSick
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
f+3+4 , 1 can be good given the right circumstance and distance as well.

edit - Against capo in relax, should of mentioned that .

Last edited by VargasTheSick on Nov 2nd, 2012 at 09:45

Signature " Come back when you've learned how to fight. "
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
I have seen the grab work on certain attacks from Handstand, not the actually handstand stance itself. Same with relax.

There are some situations where grabbing would be a good idea. I need to test it more thoroughly, but I am aware of some of the 50/50 set ups used by capos in tournaments. There are situations where, if they choose to attack immediately after being at +5, the grab goes through all their options.

Still up to the the Pachi user to make these decisions based on reaction. It's probably not as amazing as I thought it was, but I'd say it's definitely worth looking into.

Also, as well as d+1, using f+1+4 works REALLY well against capos at pretty good range. It even hits them completely out of relax. Probably the best whiff punisher pachi has for them. More range than Feng's b+1+2 and one frame slower and a bigger hit box.

Also, like vargas said, AP 1 is pretty much the same thing and works well if applied right.

#BUFFLARS
aceoraiz
Kyu
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
is 1, b+2 a NC on hit? because i think its more safe than 1,2...
Signature Please do visit my Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Blog...