Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Blasianlion
2nd Dan
PSN: Blasianlion
XBL: N/A
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
I was writing a punishment guide for Jinpachi for myself at first, but figured i'd put it up on TZ since others may need it as well. I'm getting my frame data from the official TTT2 game guide. So if any of the number values are wrong [which I hear the book was kind of rushed] let me know or have a Mod change it.

Legend:

NH = Normal Hit
CH = Charged hit
W! = Wallsplat
KND = Knock Down
FC = Full Crouch

Standing Punishment

10 Frame Punishment:

1.) 1,2: one of the best 10f punishers in the game. It W!, Natural, and KND on both normal hit and CH. It's -17 on block which means launch by most of the cast. make sure to only use this as a punisher.

2.) 2,2: Both hits are high and natural hit, and it's -2 on both NH and CH so it's safe, but it's recommended to be used only for punishing.

12 Frame Punishment:

2.) b+1,2: Natural hit and above average range as it hits JUST at the starting position. Wallsplat, and knockdown. It's hit conformable as well. It does 45 DMG on NH which is a nice chunk of DMG. both hits are high, so use strictly as a punish. -12 if they somehow don't duck and block it. If they don't roll, free AP foward~1 after.

13 Frame Punishment:

1.) b+1+2: This is jinpachis 13 frame punisher as well as one of his fastest bounds. After it hits on NH you get a free f+1+4 if they don't roll.

2.) ub+1: The first part of his ub+1,2. Low damage, but you get a lot of positive frames after for mix-up [not sure how many, can someone figure that out?]

3.) 4: You'd think his 4 would be 11f since most of the casts is, but no, it's 13f and gives +2 on hit, -9 on block. Launches on CH.

14 Frame Punishment:

1.) df+1,1: One of his best and only tools of pressure, you get +3 on NH and CH, -5 on block. Natural hit

2.) df+2,(1): A VERY good punish and launches on hit, it has long range [About one step back from the starting position] his main juggle starter. when the opponent is conditioned to just the first part of the string on block, and you know they attack after it's blocked, finish with the 1 for knockdown, it will also catch duckers since it's a mid. if they block both it's launch punishable.

15 Frame Punishment:

1.) d+1: +6 on both NH and CH, and -9 on Block, it also his longest range single hit bound. b+1+2 does more DMG but has shorter range and recovers slower.

2.) f+1+2: Similar to Heihachis, it W!, KND, - 7 on block.

16 Frame Punishment:

1.) df+3,1: Long range on this one, about 1 step back from starting position. Natural, Forced Crouch on hit, not on block. it's also his longest range 2 hit bound move. +3 on hit and -12 on block.

2.) df+3,2: same as above except it doesn't bound, the last hit hits high, it wallsplats and does +4 more DMG. useful as a combo ender as well. doesn't jail, so MAKE SURE to use this only as a punish or combo ender or you will be launched. if the last hit is blocked that's fine, it's safe.

3.) ff+2: At it's fastest input it's 16 frames, it's a impale that turns into a throw on NH and CH that knocks down at the end of the animation.

4.) f+2,1: [The book says it's 10f but isnt] This natural string has very good range. If you press back once from the starting position that's about the range on this string. The last part of the string (1+2) can be delayed, so if you've gotten them used to seeing the first 2 hits of the string, and you know they'll attack after, use it. If they don't roll back you get a free f+1+4 after which adds 32 DMG.

18 Frame Punishment: [He has quite a few]

1.) f+1+4: Shoulder, W!, KND, good distance, solid. Yet, one of the slower shoulders in the game.

2.) df+4: one of the slower mid hitting df+4's in the game. but has ridiculous range [about 1 backdash from starting position] +1 on hit and -6 on block.

3.) d+2,1: a very good move, it has long range, and it's starting to seem that jinpachi's range is pretty good on most of his move. It's natural with +7 on hit. -9 on block. so it's safe. It also has a large window to delay the second hit.

4.) B+2: Homing, Mid, W! and KND on NH, launch on CH. good range on this one.

5.) b+4: Same as above except no launch on CH, and hits high, so it can be ducked. gives + frames on block, so lows will be beaten by U+4, punches will be beaten by the b+1+3 reversal, or db+1,2.

6.) u+4: Godly move, Tracks both ways, KND with free stomp after, combo filler, Low crush, advances forward a bit, and SAFE on block. -8 If you believe they will try a get up kick, throw out another U+4 and it will crush it, hit, and reset the wake-up position. Seriously, just throw it out there. The animation looks like it's recovering slow, so people tend to try and punish it on block not knowing it's safe. punish them right back.

19 Frame Punishment:

1.) db+2,1: a natural low - high, so use as a poke every once and a while, or 19F punishment only. -4 or so on hit so you're at a disadvantage. they will beat out your jabs if they're smart about it. Not to mention it doesn't jail, so if blocked you can be badly punished.

21 and above:

2.) df+1+2: A good safe mid launcher with INSANE tracking to either side, lol they need to just put the white trail around him. he MUST bound after the hit with d+1.

WS/Crouching Punishment

10 Frame Punishment

1.) FC 1,(2): The crouching special mid jab with a mid extension that hits only on CH [the KND animation is just like jins 1+2]. The mid W! but it's -16 (Thanks Conrad) on block which means launch by most so make sure you only use the full string on counter. For example if you know your opponent will attack after df+1,1 is blocked.

11 Frame Punishment

1.) WS+4,4(1): Luckily jinpachis standard ws kicks aren't slow and is 11f. It has the (1) extension after it for a mix up. If they block the first hit and try to retaliate, the last two hits will hit on CH, it will KND or W! The last hit can be delayed quite a bit also, so if the first 2 kicks are blocked, the last hit might get em' every one in a while. If the whole string is blocked it's -15 which means a launch or hard punish by most of the cast.

13 Frame Punishment

1.) WS+3: A good ws move. on normal hit it gives you +8 which allows for a good mix up. On block it's -11 which isn't too bad. On CH it starts a Juggle.

14 Frame Punishment

1.) WS+1,1: Another VERY good move. It's a ws 14f launch and B! It's hit confermable, but you gotta be fast. It can be delayed and if they block the first hit but eat the last then you get a free stomp after. On block it's -12.

18 Frame Punishment

1.) FC df+2: A long range mid from crouch. This one hits kinda far back, if you back dash twice from starting position it still hits. Lol and it's -9 so safe on block. wow. Anyways, It W! and KND. It sends the opponent Spinning off axis to your jinpachis left.

19 Frame Punishment

1.) FC df+1: On hit it leaves you both a 0, on block it's -13, and on CH it knocks down FDFT. If they stay there or stand straight up ff+4 will hit and reset the wake up position. Or you could use ff+3 for the free stomp after. If you were right in front of them and they tried rolling back, ff+4 will still hit, if they roll back again ff+3 will hit for a free stomp. (but who does that)

20 Frame Punishment

1.) WS+2,(1+2): Probably Jinpachis Flashiest Move. The first hit launches the opponent high in the air, which you can tag out of and let your partner combo to get rid of red life. The second hit is a spirit bomb looking bound, which you must Tag Assault with since jinpachi recovers too late to follow up with anything too damaging. Also the first hit must hit in order to do the (1+2). On block it's -16 but has some push back on it so it might make it safe in some cases.

Last edited by Blasianlion on Jan 7th, 2014 at 01:19

Signature Panda/Kuma may struggle this time in TTT2, but Jinpachi and Wang will pick up the slack.

Blasianlion
2nd Dan
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Reserved
Signature Panda/Kuma may struggle this time in TTT2, but Jinpachi and Wang will pick up the slack.

Blasianlion
2nd Dan
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Reserved, feel free to post.

Syn_SC
Destroyer
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Jinpachi's 12 in the first post:
From what I've tested, you need better reactions than god to hit confirm this, lol. Unless there's some tech to confirming it I'm unaware of, the statement may need changing to avoid mass dissappointment.
Signature Dorya!
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Agreed
Signature s3:
Blasianlion
2nd Dan
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Syn_SC
From what I've tested, you need better reactions than god to hit confirm this, lol. Unless there's some tech to confirming it I'm unaware of, the statement may need changing to avoid mass dissappointment.

Definitely. But it is possible. It seems to have about the same window as the Mishima 1,1,2 just without the first (1). I guess it's gonna take some Korean reflexes to do it consistently.

Blasianlion
2nd Dan
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Blasianlion
Definitely. But it is possible. It seems to have about the same window as the Mishima 1,1,2 just without the first (1). I guess it's gonna take some Korean reflexes to do it consistently. i'll change it.

Syn_SC
Destroyer
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
No offence, but I disagree entirely. If your reactions are good enough to confirm this, they would also be good enough to block Mishima hellsweeps on reaction, or reaction breaking mad axes. IF you can show me a high level player hit confirming it in matches, I will retract this, but even if people played TTT2 for 100 years, I don't think you ever would.

The reason I say this is because 2 must be inputted on or before the impact frame of 1. You could confirm an interrupt to some things, but certainly not off of the first hit of the string alone.
Signature Dorya!
Blasianlion
2nd Dan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
No offence, but I disagree entirely. If your reactions are good enough to confirm this, they would also be good enough to block Mishima hellsweeps on reaction, or reaction breaking mad axes. IF you can show me a high level player hit confirming it in matches, I will retract this, but even if people played TTT2 for 100 years, I don't think you ever would.

The reason I say this is because 2 must be inputted on or before the impact frame of 1. You could confirm an interrupt to some things, but certainly not off of the first hit of the string alone.

None taken friend.

Well, lets agree to disagree. But I will say since it's -17 on block, personally that scares me from even trying to confirm anyways lol. It's best to just punish accordingly with the whole string instead of trying to hit confirm.

But for the sake of correct info, I'd just like put hit confirming out there, though hard to do.

ECP
4th Dan
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
i figured id ask in the punish thread :

what punish options are you guys using for lars uf,3 ?

Im finding no success with df2, and im pretty much thinking u4, + d4 might be it ( but i hope not)
Signature I now know that: "so, um, do you play tekken?" isn't a very good pickup line with the ladies
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
df+1+2 and iWS+1,1 should both work. Delay df+2 might work as well similar to Bryans jetupper.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
ECP
4th Dan
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
idk, df 1+2 is 22f, and lars is supposed to be -21 , but by the time he can be hit with highs in grounded state , it looks like he's only -13

i got the iws 1,1 a few times in practice , but its going to take practice to hit consistently in matches. it looks like df 3,2 seems to be the most damaging, ( non combo )option i could find thats easy execution.

Im just used to punishing uf3 hard , with easy mid launches ( eddys df3+4 , hop kicks , etc)
Signature I now know that: "so, um, do you play tekken?" isn't a very good pickup line with the ladies
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Ah ok, i just went off the preliminary framedata on ATP, said 20 for df+1+2. Sorry. Mabey something like early df+11 for float into combo or something similar might work? I will see if i can find something decent next time im in practice mode.

EDIT: Also a minor correction while i am in here. f+2,1 is 16f, not 12f as listed.

Last edited by Bopper on Sep 20th, 2012 at 12:43

Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#14 “Quote” Edit Post

I can hit confirm it.

When I block attacks that are jab punishable
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
Blasianlion
2nd Dan
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bopper
Ah ok, i just went off the preliminary framedata on ATP, said 20 for df+1+2. Sorry. Mabey something like early df+11 for float into combo or something similar might work? I will see if i can find something decent next time im in practice mode.

EDIT: Also a minor correction while i am in here. f+2,1 is 16f, not 12f as listed.

Fixed. The book really must have been rushed, as with feng and some others in the book a few of the number values are wrong.

Let me know if you see any more.

Blasianlion
2nd Dan
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Also, can someone test how many frames you get after hitting ub+1 alone?

tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, I can't see it being possible to hit confirm 1,2, although I'm fairly confident that I can hit confirm b+1,2 with decent accuracy. I should do some real testing to see if it truly is possible to hit confirm b+1,2, or I'm just really lucky.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
Conrad
Champion
PSN: Disruptr-
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Jinpachi's FC 1,2 is -16
Signature /
BildSlash
1st Dan
PSN: Bild-Slash
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Is it just me or has anyone been in a situation where 1,2 doesn't punish because the 1 whiffs to the left?

Maybe I'm reacting to late or still suck at block punishing, but I've been in the situation more than a few times where the natural movement of the opponent's attack makes the 1 whiff.
Arcylis
Destroyer
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
anyone else here feel Jinpachis 10f punisher (1,2) has ZERO range? Im thinking 2,2 is better unless your opponent is with their back to the wall.
Signature To all my friends past, present, and future this is the best advice you will ever receive. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." ~Modern variation of The Golden Rule. The Golden Rule was first seen written on the Mahabharata, one of the two great Sanskrit epics. This was around the year 3000BC~ The Golden Rule has been around for over 5000 years and has been assimilated by every major faith the world has ever known.