Page Splits <1234>...8
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
General Mustang
Destroyer
PSN: Jitsuyo_Teki__
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Great explanation on her top 10 moves. Couldn't have said it any better.

Though, people seem to have forgotten about her u/f+3 and her d+2. I think these are wonderful moves because d+2 makes your opponent crouch on normal hit and on block. On counter hit, you get a full juggle from it. It also has really good range, safe on block, and you can mix this up with your d/b+3. Her u/f+3 is really good because it's a safe low crush and helps with your FC mixups (such as FC d/f+2_d/f,d,d/f+1+2_FC 1_FC 4_WS 4). Usually when you f+2~d, they expect a FC d/f+2 or any other low from FC. You can then randomly throw out a u/f+3, catching them off guard and continuing your offense. This also gives a full juggle on counter hit.

Edit:

Didn't notice you talking about d+2, Skeering. xD

Last edited by General Mustang on Dec 26th, 2012 at 11:10

Signature <3
Fergus
Kazama Slamma
PSN: Fergus2k8
XBL: FlowchartFergus
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
I agree with your list and these moves are also pretty decent and worthy of mention

d1+2 for unseeable low

uf3 for safe low crush with combo on CH and nice frames on hit

3~4 for low and cancel for mindgames

df+1 for a fast safe poke with tons of advantage on hit and can play mindgames with df1,2 (high) or df1,4 (mid)

WS1+2, so much damage on CH and is safe.

d+2 for safe mid with decent range and combo on CH, forces them into crouching and reduces their options.

df+3 for a safeish wall splat mid.

ff+3 for a homing safe mid.

b+4 for a fast safe CH fisher especially after f+4 on block

df+2 for a safe mid launcher
Signature + main. Interested in + for T7

Join CKT Group, the new upcoming tekken clan, join the family! - https://www.facebook.com/groups/CKTTekken/?fref=ts

Thanks VendettaAshes for the avatar!
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Pretty much all the moves you just listed were on my mind haha. They are all great while fishing for CH. I like uf3 and d2 a lot. And d1+2 and 3~4 are her only scary lows so they are essential.

Especially it broke my heart to leave out 3~4 since it gives a full combo now!

But I had already talked long enough lol. Thanks for completing the list
Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...
AncientOgreBro
4th Dan
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Which of the one and two series would you advocate using? All or just certain ones?
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
PSN: DancesWithNoobs
XBL: DancesWithNoobs
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
I'll go ahead and add in my 2 cents...

1.) D+3+4. Without a doubt, THE most important tool to master as Asuka. Nothing says "hey, don't even consider going low" like this move does. Crushes faster than hop-kicks, is i14 (so it seriously beats out a LOT), launches on CH, and it's tag bufferable. Used right, you can scare your opponent from using big 50/50 games (think Anna's FC) because of the risk of this coming out. To make add insult to injury, it can be used to cover raw tags if you know your opponent is going to rush in for a launch.

2.) d/b+3. Really, this is the only low poke you need. Good range, great frames, and forces crouch. Used at tip-range, some WS4 punishes whiff as well, which brings us to number 3.

3.) f+2. An amazing whiff punisher, but you have to be ON YOUR GAME to use it properly. Luckily, you can cancel it if you're unsure. Great tool indeed, and while it's not EWGF great, it's still another asset to remind people why Asuka is the ultimate turtle. Side note, if you think it may be blocked, cancel into FC d+1+2 to piss off your opponent.

4.) d+2. This move never gets the credit it deserves. d+2, aka the "sit the fuck down", is one of the most obnoxious - yet overlooked - attacks in Asuka's arsenal. It's -4 on block, but it causes FC, so against most of the cast a SS in the proper direction will beat out any chance of retaliation (and a back-dash will beat out a majority of the rest), leaving them wide open for f+2. On hit, you have a HUGE frame advantage (+9!) with them stuck in crouch, pretty much any attempt is free! On CH, you get a combo. This move lets you close distance and gauge your opponents reaction.

5.) d/f+3. Absolutely obnoxious. Safe, wallsplats, beats highs later in the animation, and at wall the ducking animation makes it possible to mix-up with d+1+2. In open field it's not quite as potent, but at wall this move becomes godlike.

6.) f+4. Do I really need to explain this one? Awesome move from top to bottom. If it was mid, Asuka would be top tier for sure.

7.) f,f+3. Safe, catches side-roll in a lot of oki set ups, wall splats, tracks 360, ducks highs... There's really no easy answer for the opponent to deal with this move.

8.) b+4. Safe, great frames on hit, AWESOME damage on CH. d+3+4 is undoubtedly better, but if you get good at setting this up, you're going to piss your opponent off to no end.

9.) 2+3. Another under-used asuka tool. You can negate most of Steve's offense with this one move alone if you're timing is spot on, and you get a combo out of the deal too! Unbreakable punish parry with a free d/b+4,3 pick-up into more damage? Where do I sign up?

10.) d/b+2. I know I'm going to catch some flak for this one--but c'mon guys, this is a scary move when used properly. Crushes highs on the 3rd frame and gives a pretty high damaged juggle (and it's tag bufferable if your partner has a strong BT'ed juggle). Considering Asuka's WS punishment is weak, I use this to duck and punish highs rather than ducking to punish them.

I'm tempted to run through my entire list of honorable mentions, but that'll have to wait for another day. Really, most of asuka's move list is usable; with tools like d/f+4 to space people out, d/f+1 to poke at point-black, FC d/f+2 to fish for CH's, f+1+2 to slap people for trying to back-dash at point blank, b+3 for those YOLO moments, 1+4 for oki... Asuka really needs a top 15 moves to even begin to cover her.
Signature Need the hook-up on cable service? Get at me.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=124372
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by AncientOgreBro
Which of the one and two series would you advocate using? All or just certain ones?

Honestly, all of them. they all have their uses.

Perhaps the most questionable one to use is b2,1+2,4 but it's still important to throw it out once in a while I think.

The ones I use most are 1,4 and b2,4 just because I think she has a scary FC game. Then if people start blocking/parrying she has good mid options to make them calm down.

Only use 1,2,4 if you're sure they'll duck/get CH by it, since it's so punishable now.

@Dilly thanks most mods seem to not want to post their top ten!
Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Skeering
Honestly, all of them. they all have their uses.

Perhaps the most questionable one to use is b2,1+2,4 but it's still important to throw it out once in a while I think.

The ones I use most are 1,4 and b2,4 just because I think she has a scary FC game. Then if people start blocking/parrying she has good mid options to make them calm down.

Only use 1,2,4 if you're sure they'll duck/get CH by it, since it's so punishable now.

@Dilly thanks most mods seem to not want to post their top ten!

b+2,1+2 use to be asuka's 15f punisher if the move had push-back. It's a NC and does decent damage. b+2,1+2,4 is still NCc IIRC, so it isn't too bad of an option. Problem is, she has MUCH better CH options at i15 with b+4 and d+3+4. b+2,1+2,4 on CH at wall hurts though... Like, gives the opponent nightmares hurts.

YoshikatYoko
Lone Wolf
PSN: XaingCass1
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
My new list in order:

1. ff+2,1 - This move stands as my best move because it is a very good move and it is a better move (English Grammar?). Another way to kill turtles if they try to stay out of the ring and waits for your opening or your approach. BOTH hits high crushes, safe, -4 on block, KND on hit, W!, SS+2 will hit if they try to attack after, first hit tracks; the only downfall is that second hit is high - but you have ff+2,1+2 to cover you up. ff+2,1+2 is -13 but with pushback so jabs can't reach, and characters with no -12 punishers cannot punish this.

2. f+4 - okay, universal homing move that is +3 on block, i19, and only downfall is that it is high AND it got nerfed range (I think). 'Cause after a WS+4 I always do a f+4. In T6 it still connects but in TTT2 it whiffs.

3. f+2 - this move is one of the main reasons why I love turtling with Asuka. Its feint can lure your opponent into attacking you - while you're on the go to make some good mixups. It covers an approx. range of 3 backdashes and is certainly one of the main assets of Asuka.

4. SS+4 - Without a doubt, THIS IS A GOOD TURTLE KILLER. If Paul waits for an opening, this move's tricky recovery frames can fool your opponent at best if they try to approach you when you're turtling. And it has the same range as f+2 and it is + on NH and combos on CH. Triple fool, Paul.

5. db+3 - Universal low that I spam when opponent tends to hold b if you're getting a momentum change in your gameplay. +4 on block and leaves opponent on a limited span of moves (Crouching).

6. WS1+2 - self explanatory.

7. d+1+2 - Though a low without good range and absolutely no tracking, it is a good thing to use this once in a worthwhile (or even when you corner them at the wall) to keep them on the ground.

8. b+3 - Still the good ol' panic move to utilize if losing momentum.

9. d+3+4 - Same as b+3.

10. 1+2 - Safe launcher that can be utilize if you're cornering something, or building pressures to someone. Relatively good.
Signature OUTBREAK_YOKO's new account
TEKKEN 6 ASUKA COMBO ACT VOL. 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkJJ9ZhmX7I
General Mustang
Destroyer
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Nice list, Yoshi. I've noticed that you REALLY love that f+2,1, LOL. Nice list regardless and yeah WS 1+2 is pretty self explanatory. CH unbreakable stun leading into a free f+2 launch and cancels into crouch leading to her FC game? Nothing else to be said. xD Though, am I the only one that only uses b+3 as a keepout tool rather than a panic move? >>
Signature <3
YoshikatYoko
Lone Wolf
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Lol ff+2,1 is a good move when used properly. Its long range capability nets it to catch turtles off guard. Also at a range even when the last whiffs they can't punish it. Had this move annoyed to an alisa player because alisa can't punish ff+2,1+2. Also if you haven't check it out, asuka CAN hit ff+2,1+2 after a CH WS1+2. Netsu? Just those two combos when used on wall takes opponents lifebar at their half.
Jason4579
Dragon Lord
XBL: Jason4579
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by General Mustang
Nice list, Yoshi. I've noticed that you REALLY love that f+2,1, LOL.

I made a small bet with myself upon seeing the recent poster name in the Asuka forum that a decent chunk of the post would be about Asuka's CH WS 1+2, f,F+2,1 W!

With good reason of course, it's a damn powerful wall-splat. It's just a pity that your opponent would have to be not paying attention for it to work, so I doubt that anyone would be able to use it in a real match, not to mention the small window in which you actually have to hit the f,F+2,1.
Signature [Jun] +

Your = Possessive. As in 'your grammar sucks'
You're = You are. As in 'you're an idiot for not knowing the difference'
YoshikatYoko
Lone Wolf
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Lol. Hard execution doesn't mean you have to drop it out. Essentially A LOT of decent Lings I fought had a hard time closing in because of ff+2. If that's the case u should be complaining nina too. Why? Cause she has hard executions. The combo for Asuka is really easy.
Jason4579
Dragon Lord
XBL: Jason4579
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
I just tried it out and got it 9/10 times, wasn't expecting it to be that easy

But still, execution had nothing to do with the actual reason why it's not really practical in a match, which is why I said 'not to mention'. How many times is an opponent going to attack Asuka from her ideal spacing range whilst their back in against the wall? People have more sense than that. Well, I would hope that people have more sense than that.
Signature [Jun] +

Your = Possessive. As in 'your grammar sucks'
You're = You are. As in 'you're an idiot for not knowing the difference'
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jason4579
I made a small bet with myself upon seeing the recent poster name in the Asuka forum that a decent chunk of the post would be about Asuka's CH WS 1+2, f,F+2,1 W!

With good reason of course, it's a damn powerful wall-splat. It's just a pity that your opponent would have to be not paying attention for it to work, so I doubt that anyone would be able to use it in a real match, not to mention the small window in which you actually have to hit the f,F+2,1.

For the record, f,f+2,1+2 works after CH FC d/f+2 as well for a wall splat. Timing is crazy, but it is doable. You literally have to hit the second f+2 THE FRAME you can move with the first one buffered into the recovery.

YoshikatYoko
Lone Wolf
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Dilly
For the record, f,f+2,1+2 works after CH FC d/f+2 as well for a wall splat. Timing is crazy, but it is doable. You literally have to hit the second f+2 THE FRAME you can move with the first one buffered into the recovery.

Yeah I forgot to mention that, it's a JF too. f (1 frame) f+2 (17 frames) all these can be done WC

Jason4579

That's not the case. If you are fighting Asuka, the only style you're going to use is to turtle too BECAUSE it's her weakness. So basically you're waiting for an opening from Asuka so you can get the move. Turtling opponents are VERY defensive that's why you need to get in for an attack. Say, WS1+2 has also a cancel that can make them literally attack you - but if they attack you and you WS1+2 you got a CH here. And, if you're an Asuka player, you would notice that her ff+2,1 and ff+2,1+2 has a good W! hitbox. Even when opponent is near the wall (about 2 backdash from the wall) and you use ff+2,1_1+2, they still W!. Same goes to Lili's qcf+1,2. Jun's ff+2,1 too. I would take a video of this for more details.

And also, if you're back against the wall, your best bet is to STAY away from the wall and try to make unnecessary movements to avoid being W! or anything - people fail to sense this.
WhyTheHellnaut
Kyu
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Just started using Asuka and I'm wondering, why have I not seen anyone mention 2,3 yet? IIRC, it's a NC 12 frame punisher that does 39 dmg on normal hit, with a mid for second hit. It looks unsafe, but since it's a punisher that shouldn't matter much.

Anyway, after week 1 I'd say:
1+2
f2
b4
ff3
df1/df1,2 CH
db3
df2
f4
uf3
General Mustang
Destroyer
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
2,3 is really good near the wall, but in open space I prefer 2,1 for the huge frame advantage on hit. Though it also depends on how low the opponent is. If 2,3 is enough to kill them, then I'd take it over 2,1.
Signature <3
Minty_Pears
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: MntT77
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by General Mustang
2,3 is really good near the wall, but in open space I prefer 2,1 for the huge frame advantage on hit. Though it also depends on how low the opponent is. If 2,3 is enough to kill them, then I'd take it over 2,1.

IMO, you should always go for 2,3 over 2,1 for punishment - always. 14 more damage and a knockdown is worth more frame advantage IMO.

Then again, 2,3 shouldn't ever be used outside of punishment, whereas 2,1 can work quite well, so it balances out.
Signature "The angels cry each time you say goodbye"

Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Minty_Pears
IMO, you should always go for 2,3 over 2,1 for punishment - always. 14 more damage and a knockdown is worth more frame advantage IMO.

Then again, 2,3 shouldn't ever be used outside of punishment, whereas 2,1 can work quite well, so it balances out.

Minty, there's a situation where 2,1 is the obvious choice...

If the opponent's partner already has netsu, you want to avoid knock-downs unless you're getting a launch so they cannot tag crash out of the situation. 2,1 is definitely the better option in this scenario.

LawrenceW
Fujin
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by YoshikatYoko
My new list in order:

1. ff+2,1 - This move stands as my best move because it is a very good move and it is a better move (English Grammar?). Another way to kill turtles if they try to stay out of the ring and waits for your opening or your approach. BOTH hits high crushes, safe, -4 on block, KND on hit, W!, SS+2 will hit if they try to attack after, first hit tracks; the only downfall is that second hit is high - but you have ff+2,1+2 to cover you up. ff+2,1+2 is -13 but with pushback so jabs can't reach, and characters with no -12 punishers cannot punish this.

2. f+4 - okay, universal homing move that is +3 on block, i19, and only downfall is that it is high AND it got nerfed range (I think). 'Cause after a WS+4 I always do a f+4. In T6 it still connects but in TTT2 it whiffs.

3. f+2 - this move is one of the main reasons why I love turtling with Asuka. Its feint can lure your opponent into attacking you - while you're on the go to make some good mixups. It covers an approx. range of 3 backdashes and is certainly one of the main assets of Asuka.

4. SS+4 - Without a doubt, THIS IS A GOOD TURTLE KILLER. If Paul waits for an opening, this move's tricky recovery frames can fool your opponent at best if they try to approach you when you're turtling. And it has the same range as f+2 and it is + on NH and combos on CH. Triple fool, Paul.

5. db+3 - Universal low that I spam when opponent tends to hold b if you're getting a momentum change in your gameplay. +4 on block and leaves opponent on a limited span of moves (Crouching).

6. WS1+2 - self explanatory.

7. d+1+2 - Though a low without good range and absolutely no tracking, it is a good thing to use this once in a worthwhile (or even when you corner them at the wall) to keep them on the ground.

8. b+3 - Still the good ol' panic move to utilize if losing momentum.

9. d+3+4 - Same as b+3.

10. 1+2 - Safe launcher that can be utilize if you're cornering something, or building pressures to someone. Relatively good.

f,f+2,1 is hit confirmable too . Love that move.
Signature "Five albums, a hundred songs, and you ain't got no fuckin Yee -- I bet you got some J-Kwon. You ain't got no fuckin' Yeezy?!"

I've grabbed a lot of men in my life. but, none of them were as hard as PaulZ. - Lingmassacre