Asuka's Top 10 Moves

Page Splits 123>...8
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
power4ward
Shihan
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
I haven't played a Tekken since T5 (vanilla) so I've missed quite a lot. I was wondering if anyone could summarize what Asuka's top 10 moves are now. What her best go-to tools and perhaps a brief note on why? Thanks!
newparad1gm
1st Dan
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
I would like to know as well, especially since the Tekken 6 Asuka forum seems to be deactivated and you can't page to find the top 10 moves thread there.

I will say that I really like her new ff2,1 move, especially as a post bound ender. Seems to do more damage then db4,3 and is more reliable as well.
Jaguar Clash
Dragon Lord
PSN: Ja_CL
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
imo at the moment

f2 for long range whiff punishing, df2 at closer range

ff3 for throwing it out mid range/killing side steppers

df1 for poking/CH poking...not sure if i want to say df1,4 but it helps a lot in CH and for wall splat, and safer than 2,3 if it ever gets blocked

2,3 against most -12~-13 moves

d+3+4

standing/magic 4

db+2 is still really good for getting out of most jab pressures

ss2 for evading...plus crazy tracking from my experience

ff2 series

3,1 as a hit-confirm mid

I'm not putting in too much stock for the last 2 just yet (ff2 and 3,1)...and i might say the new 3,4~db cancel but still risky + mind games
(CHI) holli
Legend
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
1) f2 - Tooth Fairy, one of the best whiff punishers in the game. Can be cancelled if you don't trust the punish.

2) f4 - Homing move that grants +3/4(?) on block or full combo on hit. If opponents aren't ducking against you, this is a good way to get pressure.

3) df1 - Fast poke that helps her left tracking, not as great as other df1s in the game but the extentions are nice. Also picks up rollers for floats like none other

4) 1+2 - i16 safe launcher that hits crouchers and leads to great damage

5) b3 - panic move with tremendous crushing properties and leads to full combo on hit. very easily hit confirmable

6) 3~4/3~4+d/b - slow low that gives full combo on hit or mindgames on cancel. use both sparingly

7) ss2 - super evasive KND that a lot of people dont know how to punish, also wall splats for big damage

8) df4 - an i12 poke that should keep your opponent at the range Asuka excels at.

9) d1+2 - unseeable low (unless you use it liberally) that knds gives very good oki

10) b4 - safe, decent tracking, pretty quick, decent range, and full combo on CH.

This was essentially my T6 top10, i haven't yet incorporated her new stuff yet, but so far I'm liking:

ff3 - safe homing mid, no brainer !

124 - make a read and get a i10 ch knd

~~~~~~~~

also magic 4

edit: Changed db1+2 to 3~4/cancel. Didn't know db1+2 is high in ttt2

Last edited by (CHI) holli on Sep 23rd, 2012 at 08:53

Signature asuka user
Laughing Man
Don't worry be happy
PSN: SrSonriente
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Which are her best TA fillers?
(CHI) holli
Legend
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Laughing Man
Which are her best TA fillers?

midscreen: b243 or db43 if too many hits are used
wall: b32, ff21+2, ff21, df14, 124 any of these depending on what works the best/does the most damage for your character
Signature asuka user
olaHalo
4th Dan
XBL: OZ Tallgeese
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
no one likes df3 like i do?
so much range and safe
Signature XBL- OZ Tallgeese
"WaveDash2Vegas" - A Las Vegas WTF team for XBL
OUTBREAK_YOKO
War Lord
PSN: XaingCass1
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
df+3 was ok it's just:

- doesn't guarantee any mixup on block
- no tracking
- slow start up

But on the other hand, it KNDs for mixups on hit and crushes high. Also W!
Signature TEKKEN 6 ASUKA COMBO ACT VOL. 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkJJ9ZhmX7I
TEKKEN 6 COMBO ACT VOL. 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CeTbDQcyyY
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/#!/YoshiKatYoko
power4ward
Shihan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
i like d/f+3 as well but mostly use it for oki

Originally posted by (CHI) holli
3) df1 - Fast poke that helps her left tracking, not as great as other df1s in the game but the extentions are nice. Also picks up rollers for floats like none other

does this mean it leads to a combo?
OUTBREAK_YOKO
War Lord
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, df+3 for oki.

My top moves as of the moment:

1. ff+2>1 - HC, tracking, KND, W!, godlike damage on hit. Hitbox is VERY huge considering the ff buff. ff+2 as a single move can lead to many mixups because of the string afterwards (they could be anticipating).

2. WS1+2 - Still the same as T6.

3. 3~4 cancel - The move itself has its uses. Since the recovery is very slow, you are opt to use this in OKI situations. Good move to throw out (not spam lol).

Will update more when I regain my playstyle later on.
(CHI) holli
Legend
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
on second thought, d/b1+2 is not a top10 move. they made it a high.

as for why I do not know
Signature asuka user
DaeDraug
Lone Wolf
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Ugh, I'm not sure if using standalone f,f+2 is such a good idea...
Its -13 on block and only delayable extension is a not jailing high so stuff like generic d+1_d+4 beats it all the time. Not to mention Paul's d+1+2...
OUTBREAK_YOKO
War Lord
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
That was the point of the move.

ff+2 being -13 or at least jab punishable is one of the best setup starters that you can do. Because of the extensions that deal MEAT damage, people will think twice about punishing ff+2 itself. ff+2,1+2_ff+2,1 can wall splat, KND, SAFE (at least ff+2,1 - ff+2,1+2 is -13 both moves), MID, more damaging than f+1+2 and ff+2 tracking.

If you would use ff+2 strings properly, ff+2 itself will be almost non-punishable for the fact that they actually have strings to back up.

It doesn't jail, but you have lots of frames to actually hit confirm the second, unless you're a scrub to throw out ff+2>1 without the ff+2 connecting at all.

Top 10 moves thread was a thread to mention your top 10s that actually do lots of goodies in return, but not on specific opponents. Who the heck will use ff+2 against Paul? If b+3 isn't even applicable in this match-up, why ff+2?
DaeDraug
Lone Wolf
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
My point was that they can punish blocked f,f+2 with generic d+1_d+4 every time - even when you'll chose to f,f+2<1 they'll interrupt it.

f,f+2 is a good move, but I find f,f+3 much better in terms of safeness.
OUTBREAK_YOKO
War Lord
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
I know.

I mentioned ff+2>1 if you are hit confirming, not if you are using the setups. [ff+2],1 will kill their next moves if they manage to do anything after ff+2.
power4ward
Shihan
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
thanks for the tips so far guys... i've never used f+4 before posting here and i like it very much. what combo can you do after it hits? so far i've only been rushing the opponent for wake up games.

question: why would one use b+4 instead of just 1+2? also, is 1, 2 or 1, 3 her quickest jab string? i want to make sure i'm using the best moves when things start getting hairy during those up close poking battles.

moves i've been using a lot:
f+2 - this actually goes under a lot of things and has incredible range.
df+4 - this could be my most used move
1+2
1,3 - nice and quick
f+4
df+1
2,1,1+2 - putting this here as i use it in every combo
3~4
ff+3 - a move that hits sidesteppers all around. she never had anything that could do that back in t5
df+3

i've been trying to look for a good go-to quick string that's tricky to block. anyone have any ideas?
d+1+2 has been quite good for me also, i just forget about it 90% of the time!
pIchu
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
power4ward
f+4
- d/b+4,3 (easy)
- dash, 1+4, b+4,2 b! (intermediate)

b+4 is faster by 1f, bigger hit box, can't be reversed.
1+2 launches on normal hit.

Depends on your usage. Can't really compare the two directly since one is a launch on any hit and the other isn't.

It doesn't matter if it's 1,2 or 1,3... you can't see either, just gotta guess. Nothing is guaranteed though so they can block if they read or guess well.
Kernkraft_99
Virtuoso
PSN: KERNKRAFT
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Daedraug

You're not getting Yoko's point, ff+3 is in esence very diferent from ff+2. You're not safe when you throw out any move in general. I remember seeing honnda pin down Knee with lili's CD 1 elbow and no follow-up, Knee punished like 1 out of 3 times... Thing is he was choosing not to punish because the reward/risk of punishing that move after a blocked follow-up was better. ff+2 might not have that move's range but it is HC and can be used to set the pace, to open up to some extent like paul's ff+2. ff+3 does not have that application, there is no mind game, you just hit or you dont and there is no crouching mixup because you are not even frames on block.

Last edited by Kernkraft_99 on Sep 24th, 2012 at 06:35

Signature "WCG Mexico 2010 & 2011" champ
"For us, winning tekken, is to be the winner of the world"
"There are some who weren't born for martial arts. But for us who were, we laugh at you"
power4ward
Shihan
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
i will try out ff+2 strings this weekend. any suggestions on when to use it vs koreans or really quick pokers?
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
My list...

1: f2 Absolutely Asuka cannot exist without this move. Possibly the best wiff punisher in Tekken and tag bufferable. It can also be canceled into intimidating mix-ups if used properly.

2: d3+4 Another move which kind of defines Asuka, this is a safe low crushing launcher with decent pushback. A great panic move which is more or less safe to "throw out". Even if the opponent blocks it it is a decent setup for more CH options afterwards. Such as ss2, db2 or another d3+4 etc....

3: 1+2 Okay this move is too good to not be on everyone's list. It is a safe mid laucher which is 16 frames and always lauches, crouching etc..... also it has some pushback for more mixups after. Asuka can combo with db4,3,5 after for a heap of red life damage with the right partner. Another one to kind of "throw out", mix up with 3~4 or d1+2.

4: b1+3_2+4 Asuka's reversal, very famous! This will counter any high or mid which is not a knee/elbow. It can also be sustained for a long time if you want. If your back is to the wall a reversed punch will give a full wall splat. (work a lot on setting this up).

5: db1+2 This is an unbreakable throw which gives +8 frames on hit I believe? And a 1+2 is not capable of being interrupted after. Very good for pressure if you know your opponent wont duck.

6: db3 This is pretty much Asuka's best pressure tool. It has great range, tracks decently and give plus frames on hit and forces you opponent into crouch. Great setup for things like CH df1,2 etc if your opponent is unaware of the matchup. Only -12 on block. One of the best tools to break down a turtle.

7: FC df2 Pretty much another move Asuka couldn't live without, only -11 on block and 0 on hit. This move gives a free WS1,4 on CH for @.@........(insane damage) At the wall it is an easy (140+) combo.

8: SS2 This move for me is just essential, in any situation (countless to name) you have to have this move at your fingers always. Whenever you feel a slightly linear move coming from your opponent and you have decent frames on your side (not worse than -6 or so) then this move will always save you. It evades so much and you can kind of hit confirm it. For example, if your opponent blocks d3+4, buffer a SS during her recovery, then when you see your opponent beginning to do a move press 2. You will most likely avoid it for a free SS2. This general strategy is how she gets most of her Wall splats in Tekken. Example: Do df3 on wakeup at the wall, they block it, do SS2 to splat them. It's only -12.

9: 4 Her magic 4 has been kinda buffed in this game I think. It's now pretty easy to dash and get 2,1 etc for a big combo. A great keep out tool. If you just want guaranteed damage and momentum after f2 always connects for decent damage and followups after.

10: ff2,1_1+2 Okay this is the new move Asuka got which she so sorely needed. What she was lacking was scary NC mid combos. Both of these are NC (mid and high options) and the high is safe. This mid isn't too bad at -13 also. Spam this move, especially at the wall, the truth is it pisses people off and rightly so, it's really something she needed. If you want a safer option ff3 is great.

11: f4 this is IMO one of the best homing moves in Tekken. It is plus (3-4?) on block and on hit gives a juicy combo on normal hit, amazing move really. Again something to spam for pressure.

12: b3 I was debating to put this move in the list or not. But if your opponent hasn't practiced punishing this move you must abuse it. A lot of the cast has trouble punishing this move, but more importantly a lot of people have trouble punishing it. It's hard to punish in my experience. But if your opponent is punishing it consistently, obviously be wise about your use of it. I have won soooooo many matches because of this move. My number one panic move if I feel it's not gonna be punished.

Falling Rain: A grab which launches, amazing, tag bufferable. If your back is to the wall it will give you a wall splat combo. A lot of great setups are out there for it.

Basically you need to have these moves at your fingers in open play...

f2
df2
ss2
b3 (if safe)

If you want to get aggressive the best way is with her 1 series and b2 series. Use them for any number of setups, including FC ones, I also really like d2 (safe mid forces FC). For plus frames use f4, f3 (2 spins) db1+2, db3. For more risky pressure use 3~4, d1+2 and again 1 series.
Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...