Fengs Top 10 Moves

Page Splits 123>...4
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
kaworuscott
1st Dan
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Tag 2 has hit consoles and has been in the arcades for some time. What would you say are Fengs top 10 moves and why?

b1+2, 1+4, d2, CD1 ???
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Hmmm...I think I'll give this a go!

In no particular order!

B+1+2: 13f punisher, massive damage, EXCEPTIONAL range, beefy damage. Do NOT whiff in front of Feng

d+2: Quick high crushing low, face splat on counter hit, only 11f punishable (I think).

b+4: 12f mid poke. Awesome for interupting cancel set ups and preventing your opponent from side stepping.

SS+2: Tracks, pretty quick, great range, back turn mix ups, awesome frame advantage on hit, safe.

uf+2: ridiculous evasive property, awesome panic button

f+3,4: IN t6, I wouldn't put this in top ten. Now it seems more useful than EVER! Much easier to whiff punish with somehow..maybe it's just me. Awesome high float and range. Great for anticipating raw tags.

qcf+1+2: +5 on block (methinks) +9 on hit, bounds, huge hit box (not range wise, as far as bounds go) great pressure tool.

ws+1: MY FAVORITE MOVE EVER!!! Gap closer, -1 on block, +8 on hit (methinks) great for catching random floats on opponents who like to jump around. Awesome for pressure, hard to side step or defend against. Opponents almost have no other option but to just block. Great move for ending matches because it's so safe and spammable (especially since the follow up2 is hit confirmable)

Crap...I'm on 10..but there's so many more moves I didn't mention

I'd probably just for with d/b+3: Quick poke with nice range. High crushes. Scares people.

What do you guys think!?
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
Mad Daimond
7th Dan
PSN: MadDaimond
XBL: Mad Daimond
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Some things about :
SS+2: Tracks, pretty quick, great range, back turn mix ups, awesome frame advantage on hit, safe.

I think its bad move in high-level game, because its duckable and punishible on wiff.
d+2: Quick high crushing low, face splat on counter hit, only 11f punishable (I think).

What about advantage on hit now? In T6 its has 0 on hit.
f+3,4: IN t6, I wouldn't put this in top ten. Now it seems more useful than EVER! Much easier to whiff punish with somehow..maybe it's just me. Awesome high float and range. Great for anticipating raw tags.

They changed something in this move from T6? in T6 its very unsafe, very slow, non-hitconferm starter. Yea, Feng hits on long distance and very cool looking with that move).
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mad Daimond
Some things about :

I think its bad move in high-level game, because its duckable and punishible on wiff.

They changed something in this move from T6? in T6 its very unsafe, very slow, non-hitconferm starter. Yea, Feng hits on long distance and very cool looking with that move).

SS+2 is not something to be thrown out randomly. At high level play I use it as a long distant whiff punisher. I haven't met anyone that can duck that on reaction.

f+3,4 is still unsafe...it's still a bad move to throw out. However, I find it way more useful now in TTT2. Recovery frames in this game on whiff seem to be longer or something. It's more or less that this attack better fits this new system.

That's just me though, I must admit,I didn't feel too comfortable putting it on there, but it's working wonders for me.
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

#BUFFLARS
SCRUBN1F1CENT
Lone Wolf
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
TO add to Offinbeds statement 2,4 and df+4 is good also. both cover a reasonable distance to control space.
Signature VA TEKKEN RAGE
FENG OF VA
carn114
2nd Dan
PSN: carn114
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
I will participate with my list. I'm no expert, so feel free to criticize. I am also interested to see how my own list will change a few months from now. Please let me now what you think about the list and the explanations.

In no particular order...

db+3:
Hits low, is very quick (can't be reacted to), has great range, and +4~5 frames on hit. This makes it a great way to get in on a turtling opponent and start on your offense. Can be followed up directly with any FC or WS moves. FC, df+1 and WS+1 are my favorite followups. Crouch can be cancelled by tapping up, which gives you access to normal standing moves to deal with SS. It is generally launch punishable, though, so it can't be abused, unless you opponent just won't duck.

Crouch Dash (CD):
On its own, it is just a movement option. But it gives you access to some great pokes, and povides a great way to get in and get your offense going. The crouch dash itself high crushes at certain frames, and can be cancelled into a move at any time. There are two different ways to crouch dash: QCF, and d,df. They result in the same animation with the same properies. However, QCF gives you access to the CD moves, while d,df gives you access to WS moves. Notable moves are QCF 1 (low and damaging poke), QCF 1+2 (+ frames on block), d,df,1 (same as WS+1, very quick mid, -1 on block), and d,df,4 (WS+4, very quick mid). If you mix up effectively, your opponent will be frozen every time you go for a CD, and you can basically do whatever you want right in their face.

b+4:
Very quick, mid, and tracks well to both sides. -9 on block, but the move is so quick at 12 frames that it's hard for the opponent to take advantage of it unless they are looking for it. Using it effectively will make your opponent hesitant to SS, which IMO is important for Feng.

db+1
On it's own, the move comes out fairly quickly at 15 frames, high crushes, and has great range. It is -10 on block, but spaced well, it's extremely difficult if not impossible to punish. Adding on the followup 2 (that is db+1,2) adds another hit for more damage, but puts you closer your opponent at -11 on block, making it more punishable (but not catastrophic). However, once your opponent is trained to block after the first db+1, you can start following up with your stance transitions (db+1,f and db+1,b) which can lead to some nice mixups. Also, on it's own, db+1,2 is a nice whiff punisher that leaves you at +7 right in your opponent's face.

f+3:
On it's own, it is mid, has tons of range, and safe on block (-6). The real use of this move is with the full string, though (f+3,4). I believe it is Feng's most damaging launcher. However, it's slow and launch punishable, so you can't just throw it out (f+3 by itself works fine as a poke though). I have had some great results using it as a whiff punisher at any range. It may not be as useful at higher levels of play where your opponent won't through out as many bad whiffs though. We'll see I guess. In Tag, though, this move works really well to punish raw tags at MANY ranges, which makes it even more useful in this game. Overall, a great tool for spacing that may not be used that frequently, but the threat is huge at long range, which is always nice.

SS+4:
You get the evasive properties of a side step, a high crush on the sweep, a low hit, and a combo on normal hit. Frame data says this comes out at 30 frames, but it looks much faster. Can someone confirm if this is seeable? -30 on block, so you're opponent has time to punish with major surgery if he wants. I may leave this one off of future lists, but for now it's working great.

f+4:
Great spacing tool. It's not particularly quick, and it hits high. But when you follow up with the BT transition (i.e. f+4~b), and hold B to step back into regular stance, it becomes very safe on block, and very difficult to whiff punish. It also seems to stay active for a long time, because people seem to run into it alot when trying to get in. It combos on regular hit, not for alot of damage but not bad for such a safe move. Obviously will be susceptible to low crushes. It works great for when you want to play conservatively and/or trying to space out your opponent. You see HAO use this very consistently.

BT:
Back turned stance looks fantastic on paper. But, I've not had alot of success with this yet, mostly because I'm still trying to figure out how to consistently set up the BT transition. But once you do get there, you have a 1/3 pure guess throw game with 1+3, 2+4, and 1+4/2+3. It is a pure guessing game for your opponent because there are no visual clues to aid with the break. All throws from BT look the same (both hands forward). You also can hit low with d+3 for a combo starter. These options usually persuade the opponent duck when you go into BT. In this situation, BT+2 hits mid and leaves you BT with +5 frame advantage to restart the mixup. You can also launch with BT, uf+3. Some setups for BT I've been playing with are 1,2,2~b (10 frame punisher), b+3~4 on wakeup, and b+3~4 after an empty CD (once opponent fears the CD).

df+3:
I think this move is under used. It's a safe mid launcher. Nuff said? It's not the fastest move, so you'll want to use it when you have advantage or when you're opponent is likely to be blocking, like after an empty CD, or cancel the post db+3 crouch and go into this move. It launches. And it's safe. -7 on block.

UF+2:
If you don't know about this move, you better call somebody. Ridiculous evasive properties. Great panic button for dealing with pressure. Restablishes frame advantage on hit. Punishable but only -10 on block. Feel free to use it liberally, but don't abuse it.
NinjaBeam
Expert
PSN: NinjaBeam
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
1+4 is good for picking up characters that you normally couldn't
3,3 has good range and good damage
f+4
db+4
df3+4
ws1, ws3 & ws4 (especially when used with qcf)
qcf1+2
df2
b4

as well as many listed above.
Signature RETRIBUTION

OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Man...Feng MUST have one of the most efficient command lists ever. There are SO MANY MOVES that can go in Top 10!

#BUFFLARS
NinjaBeam
Expert
PSN: NinjaBeam
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
his 3~4,3 i awesome too for juggle enders. BIG damage.

also 1+4 is a good for resetting combos
Signature RETRIBUTION

KiteBlue
Virtuoso
PSN: KiteSC
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
3,3 - Relatively fast for its range and damage.

uf+4 - Low crush launcher

f+3 - great range and can go into the launcher

db+3 - quick low with good range. puts you into while-rising so things can follow db+3

f+4 - great range. crumples on counter hit. can go into a low or a mid afterwards.

b+1+2 - quick and has ok range. One of my panic buttons.

db+2,2,2 - amazing wall combo tool
------------
PS - I MISS THE OLD CD+2 T-T
Signature "So how do I burst if I get caught in one[juggle]?"
Kiwi
Shihan
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
His 3~4,3 deals a whopping 60+ damage now. No wonder its soo good. By far one of the best enders. if you cannot take advantage of this, than your feng is gimped.
sheep 2.0
Virtuoso
PSN: sheepzaibatsu
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Here's my list:

1,3 - i10 and +5 on hit. Jails and is my most used 10 frame punisher.

d+2 - crushes, decent damage, and causes opponent to go FDFA on CH, thus opening up more oki options.

B+1+2= one of the best whiff punishers in the game and it comes out relatively fast at 13 frames. Does chunky damage (way more than what it used to do back in T6), has great range, and wall splats as well.

b+4 - tracks, stops opponents mixups, and gives good frame advantage on hit. Not as spammable as it used to be back in T6 because it's now -9 on block but still a must have move for us Feng players.

u/f+2 = it may no longer have the punch parry property from T6, but it is still a good move to use against players who are extremely aggressive. Causes stun on CH which allows for mix ups/ oki options.

SS+4 - crushes highs and allows for juggles afterwards. Good to use if your anticipating that your opp is going to throw out a high hitting move.

f+3,4 - while I yet have to master using this as a whiff punisher, it has become a staple part of my move set because it's good for launching against raw tags.

ws+1 = favorite poking move. Only -1 on block and has good frame advantage on hit. Add to the fact it is now 13 frames makes it a very reliable punisher from crouch.

QCF+1 = deals good damage and CANNOT be parried because it's a shoulder attack. Grants juggle on CH as well.

QCF+1+2 = hits mid, bounds, gives good frame advantage on both block AND hit, and can be used as a mix tool from his CD. Seriously, what's not to like about this move?

Stances - while technically not counting as a single move, utilizing Feng's stances are important in this game. Learning how to properly use his Kenpo Step, STC, and BT tools is what makes Feng one of the most versatile characters in the game.

In all honesty, I am absolutely loving Feng in this game compared to his T6BR counterpart. Don't get me wrong, he was good in T6, but not as good as he is right now.

Honorable mentions:

1+4, nice low, high string that is hard to see and offers +4 on hit. Great tool to mixup with his other mids.

d/f+1 = decent damage, hits mid, but lacks range. Still a good tool though.
Signature RIP Old Account (September 2006 - April 2012)

My Player Card
redihokuto
4th Dan
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by carn114
I will participate with my list. I'm no expert, so feel free to criticize. I am also interested to see how my own list will change a few months from now. Please let me now what you think about the list and the explanations.

In no particular order...

db+3:
Hits low, is very quick (can't be reacted to), has great range, and +4~5 frames on hit. This makes it a great way to get in on a turtling opponent and start on your offense. Can be followed up directly with any FC or WS moves. FC, df+1 and WS+1 are my favorite followups. Crouch can be cancelled by tapping up, which gives you access to normal standing moves to deal with SS. It is generally launch punishable, though, so it can't be abused, unless you opponent just won't duck.

Crouch Dash (CD):
On its own, it is just a movement option. But it gives you access to some great pokes, and povides a great way to get in and get your offense going. The crouch dash itself high crushes at certain frames, and can be cancelled into a move at any time. There are two different ways to crouch dash: QCF, and d,df. They result in the same animation with the same properies. However, QCF gives you access to the CD moves, while d,df gives you access to WS moves. Notable moves are QCF 1 (low and damaging poke), QCF 1+2 (+ frames on block), d,df,1 (same as WS+1, very quick mid, -1 on block), and d,df,4 (WS+4, very quick mid). If you mix up effectively, your opponent will be frozen every time you go for a CD, and you can basically do whatever you want right in their face.

b+4:
Very quick, mid, and tracks well to both sides. -9 on block, but the move is so quick at 12 frames that it's hard for the opponent to take advantage of it unless they are looking for it. Using it effectively will make your opponent hesitant to SS, which IMO is important for Feng.

db+1
On it's own, the move comes out fairly quickly at 15 frames, high crushes, and has great range. It is -10 on block, but spaced well, it's extremely difficult if not impossible to punish. Adding on the followup 2 (that is db+1,2) adds another hit for more damage, but puts you closer your opponent at -11 on block, making it more punishable (but not catastrophic). However, once your opponent is trained to block after the first db+1, you can start following up with your stance transitions (db+1,f and db+1,b) which can lead to some nice mixups. Also, on it's own, db+1,2 is a nice whiff punisher that leaves you at +7 right in your opponent's face.

f+3:
On it's own, it is mid, has tons of range, and safe on block (-6). The real use of this move is with the full string, though (f+3,4). I believe it is Feng's most damaging launcher. However, it's slow and launch punishable, so you can't just throw it out (f+3 by itself works fine as a poke though). I have had some great results using it as a whiff punisher at any range. It may not be as useful at higher levels of play where your opponent won't through out as many bad whiffs though. We'll see I guess. In Tag, though, this move works really well to punish raw tags at MANY ranges, which makes it even more useful in this game. Overall, a great tool for spacing that may not be used that frequently, but the threat is huge at long range, which is always nice.

SS+4:
You get the evasive properties of a side step, a high crush on the sweep, a low hit, and a combo on normal hit. Frame data says this comes out at 30 frames, but it looks much faster. Can someone confirm if this is seeable? -30 on block, so you're opponent has time to punish with major surgery if he wants. I may leave this one off of future lists, but for now it's working great.

f+4:
Great spacing tool. It's not particularly quick, and it hits high. But when you follow up with the BT transition (i.e. f+4~b), and hold B to step back into regular stance, it becomes very safe on block, and very difficult to whiff punish. It also seems to stay active for a long time, because people seem to run into it alot when trying to get in. It combos on regular hit, not for alot of damage but not bad for such a safe move. Obviously will be susceptible to low crushes. It works great for when you want to play conservatively and/or trying to space out your opponent. You see HAO use this very consistently.

BT:
Back turned stance looks fantastic on paper. But, I've not had alot of success with this yet, mostly because I'm still trying to figure out how to consistently set up the BT transition. But once you do get there, you have a 1/3 pure guess throw game with 1+3, 2+4, and 1+4/2+3. It is a pure guessing game for your opponent because there are no visual clues to aid with the break. All throws from BT look the same (both hands forward). You also can hit low with d+3 for a combo starter. These options usually persuade the opponent duck when you go into BT. In this situation, BT+2 hits mid and leaves you BT with +5 frame advantage to restart the mixup. You can also launch with BT, uf+3. Some setups for BT I've been playing with are 1,2,2~b (10 frame punisher), b+3~4 on wakeup, and b+3~4 after an empty CD (once opponent fears the CD).

df+3:
I think this move is under used. It's a safe mid launcher. Nuff said? It's not the fastest move, so you'll want to use it when you have advantage or when you're opponent is likely to be blocking, like after an empty CD, or cancel the post db+3 crouch and go into this move. It launches. And it's safe. -7 on block.

UF+2:
If you don't know about this move, you better call somebody. Ridiculous evasive properties. Great panic button for dealing with pressure. Restablishes frame advantage on hit. Punishable but only -10 on block. Feel free to use it liberally, but don't abuse it.

I really LOVE db1 BUT in this game this move got NERFED alot.
DB1 its' now -12 on block ( omg...) and when you do db1 -b( stance b3+4) feng CAN'T block anymore nothing...
In t6 db 1 its' -10 and DB1 B block ALL high and mid hits ( feng cant' block low of course).
The same for Stance transition: in T6 if you do F 3+4 b Feng can block ( almost istantly ) mid and high: in TT2 you simply CANT' block..

Eventually there is another system to block/ or cancel stance? i dont' know but in those tools feng its' been NERFED imho.
The only good buff on Db1 :its' now +4 on block instead of +1( tekken 6)

P.s. Sorry for my english.
Kiwi
Shihan
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by redihokuto
DB1 its' now -12 on block ( omg...) and when you do db1 -b( stance b3+4) feng CAN'T block anymore nothing...
In t6 db 1 its' -10 and DB1 B block ALL high and mid hits ( feng cant' block low of course).
The same for Stance transition: in T6 if you do F 3+4 b Feng can block ( almost istantly ) mid and high: in TT2 you simply CANT' block..

Eventually there is another system to block/ or cancel stance? i dont' know but in those tools feng its' been NERFED imho.

On arcade consoles, Feng can block after db1, b. I see Hao do it all the time in videos.

If they intended for this move to be nerfed, thats fine. But if they did not intend for this, than its a bug. Someone should twitter Harada/ Namco about this.

For example, in the latest Hao vs Knee vid (4 days old), you can see Hao do this move already at 1:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaQF...mp;feature=plcp

Video is 2 hours long.
wooden-man
Fujin
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Too many must use moves to be listed
Maybe we should leave out punisher and juggle tools in the list, cause these are useful only in that sole situation.
Signature demotion risk

wooden-man
Fujin
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kiwi
On arcade consoles, Feng can block after db1, b. I see Hao do it all the time in videos.

If they intended for this move to be nerfed, thats fine. But if they did not intend for this, than its a bug. Someone should twitter Harada/ Namco about this.

For example, in the latest Hao vs Knee vid (4 days old), you can see Hao do this move already at 1:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaQF...mp;feature=plcp

Video is 2 hours long.

0:58? don't see feng in 1:04

hasn't tested this, but I think feng can be hit during the moves transition, in the video at 0:58, the attack come in at the end of feng stance animation, think he had already recover by then.
Signature demotion risk

OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#17 “Quote” Edit Post

Feng was always launch punishable after db+1~f

I have been interupted several times doing d/b+1~b, but that's from completely whiffing. He can still block as far as I know.

#BUFFLARS
Kiwi
Shihan
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by wooden-man
0:58? don't see feng in 1:04

hasn't tested this, but I think feng can be hit during the moves transition, in the video at 0:58, the attack come in at the end of feng stance animation, think he had already recover by then.

oh yea my bad, its @ 1:40 minutes.

And Ive just tested it out myself. It still works.
carn114
2nd Dan
PSN: carn114
#19 “Quote” Edit Post

Hmm, interesting info. I'll have to take a look and re-evaluate.

Thanks!
redihokuto
4th Dan
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Guys........i mean ....in T6 Feng can do DB1-B and when he go BACK he BLOCK ALL MID AND HIGH ISTANT( for exemple also d1+2 of paul etc) > in TT2 FENG CANT' BLOCK when go BACK in stance.
Same for transition F3+4-B: t6 Feng Block > TT2 Feng Can't

I HOPE there is another sistem to cancel and block ....