Page Splits <1234>...8
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
PSN: Jordyce
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
BTP f+4,3,2 whiffs in the sense that the first hit, the third hit, and the final AGF can all miss randomly. It's like a 70% consistent juggle, and does fail 100% on King and some others. Some other bigs the last hit misses.

BTP, f+1, d/b+1,2 B! Rolex AGF Kuma b+2,1,1+2 is 86 damage, but easier, and works on all non-bigs. It *does* work on King. Different juggle for Roger for 1 point of damage and style points due to ROC 1+2.

BTP~5 B! Rolex d/f+1+2~5 TA Kuma u/f+4,3 Rolex AGF is 82dmg and works on everyone. Bigs and smalls tested.

All three hit on Marduk though, he's normal size now, apparently?

Last edited by Jordyce on Sep 16th, 2012 at 12:51

Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
Syn_SC
Destroyer
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Marduk is in his own class of 'big' lol

*Edit*

Anyway, I've had a chance to play around with the animals and I've got some suggestions for CH 4 combos in an Alex/Roger pairing (all Alex on point without walls):

CH 4:
df1+2~5 [Roger TA d1+2 1+2 2] fff3+4 91 damage
Simple, consistent and absolutely comparable to Steve's b+1, no real oki though, but you can roll forward into giant swing which puts turtles on notice. Yay 10f throws!

df1+2~5 [Roger TA d1+2 1+2 2] ff uf 1+2 85 damage
Much better positioning for wakeup, uninterruptable d+2, save to tag crash, meaning if you can get the opponent to respect that, they have to deal with RS3_3+4 mixup which is absolutely safe and can lead to a nice +5 or KND, when flustered RS 1 becomes a threat also and at -2 on block, you may as well now and again I guess, haha. If they do want to crash, they've effectively thrown away 60 hp, so no biggie.

Obviously, both leave a ton of red-life, are lacklustre in the wall carry department and use the bound pretty early, but my focal point for the moment is a happy medium between damage, consistency and okizeme so I'm just putting these forward as a base to build on with tweaks etc. Suggested tweaks please?

Last edited by Syn_SC on Sep 17th, 2012 at 00:17

Signature Dorya!
Alcan
Destroyer
PSN: NaclaM
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
You can also do ws33 after Roger's magic 4, though the timing is more difficult.

CH4, ws 33 b! TA d1+2 1+2 2, AGF / fff3+4
Signature BUTTON MASHERS 2000 (cause 1999 just couldn't cut it)

"Being random is godlike, because God is random."
Mr. NO!
Deity
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
^ yeah, you do need to do a dash/run for the AGF ender sometimes

---------

Some quick things.

Solo:- db+3, df+4, 1+2, df+1+2, B! AGF = 60dmg versus the df+3,3 juggle which does 47. This was on straight axis too. df+1+2 B! did whiff a few times though. More testing needed. I just found out this works .. on Lars and Jin so far..

AGF combo ender wall carry:- If it hits high (i tested DVJ bf+2,1,d+2 ROG AGF) and then they splat the best you can get (well, what i got) is bob1, db+2, ws+4. If you miss the high splat (specific spacing) and they splat low, then stick with ff+2 or AGF at the wall.

In addtional to ch ff+2, 1+2, f+4,3,2:- ch ff+2 dash b+2, f+4,3,2 also works. ch ff+2 dash iws+3,[3] and ch ff+2 dash df+1+2 are other options. I just put these up in case a certain pairing could benefit better from these options.

Useless mention:- ch df+2, b+2, f+4,3,2 is also the most damaging pre-B! combo for that launch. beats ws+2, f+4,3,2 by 2 pts (53dmg vs 51dmg). But personally, I use ch df+2, ssr ws+3[3], B! ...

Then again if you hit ch ff+2 and ch df+2 very close to the wall, b+2,4 might be a decent, damaging short-range carry.

Last edited by Mr. NO! on Sep 18th, 2012 at 09:45

Signature Australia[Canberra]/Japan[Tokyo]
crowwinters
Kyu
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by JiveTurkeyJones
What method are you using to input it? Crouch dash method? Down~release method? Downforward~release method? It would be easier to help if you detailed your method of execution.

Most people who mess up on this are doing d~release, 3,[3]. Tap the downforward direction instead. (not down, then forward. The single direction of downforward, rlease~3,[3]B!) It's quicker then trying to go into a crouch with down. And definitely much quicker than actually doing a crouch dash 3,[3].

--Jive

Crouch dash. I didn't know about and don't understand how the other methods would/could work.
Signature pending
jiorio95
Don Frye
PSN: jiorio
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by crowwinters
Crouch dash. I didn't know about and don't understand how the other methods would/could work.

I think the d/f method is the easiest. By holding d/f for a split second and releasing it you the character instantly while stand (iws). WS 3>3 can be performed while standing (crouching and then letting go) or through crouch dashing like your trying, but doing it iws is only one button input and should let you perform the move faster.
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
b+3+4~1~d/f~n~ws+3,3 is easy, you just need to get the timing down so you know when the recovery for bob 1 ends. If you try and visually confirm a crouch cancel you'll be too slow. No CD needed, and you should barely see yourself duck.

Forums and threads merged! Presenting, ROLEX.
JiveTurkeyJones
7th Dan
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by crowwinters

Well, it feels like there is more delay on the BOB~1 recovery now. Not official, just how it feels. It feels like the timing is much tighter to land BOB~1, cd+3[3] than it was in T6... which is why I say that.

As posters below you addressed, df~release~3[3] is the preferred method now. Just know that for whatever reason, crouching with df is faster than crouching with d. And honestly, I don't know why, so you're not alone on that. All you need to know, is it's just the rule... take advantage of it.

There are several methods, to each their own. I personally, just hold df while bob~1 is doing it's work. I do this so I don't have to worry about timing the df as BOB~1 finishers. That part is already done. Then once Rog starts to crouch, immediately release~3[3].

Experiment, find what works best for you.

--Jive
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't know if there's more delay on the recovery, but it does seem to be a little less consistent then it was in T6 when you're off axis or a little further away, feels a frame or two tougher to get it reliable.
Fadango
Kyu
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
For Alex:
u/f+4; b+2; 1+2; 1,2,b+1+2; ROC 1+2
gives pretty decent wall carry and does 57dmg. Otherwise replacing 1,2,b+1+2 with 1,2,3 works for less wall carry with 55dmg. The ROC 1+2 version doesn't seem to work on the bears though.
Ryodragoon
Kyu
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Whats AGF? and AFG? been bugging me.
JiveTurkeyJones
7th Dan
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey crowwinters... how's that df~3[3] combo coming along?

Welp... spent a few minutes in training mode today. Not the most damaging combo, just trying different stuff:

Rolex
uf+4, BOB~1, ws3[3] TA! u+2 (big elbow drop), df+1,2, d+3+4 = 84 damage

I recorded the combo, and played it back. It is in fact guaranteed and untechrollable. Brahma is right though(Alex general discussion thread), they can tech roll out of slams in TA mode, however, the df+1 hits them before the second bounce. (when slammed, opponents hit the ground, pop up, hit the ground again, THAT is the techrollable point) Since df+1 hits them before the 2nd bounce, combo is legit. Just be sure to hit df+1,2 the moment you regain control of your point character.

Originally posted by Ryodragoon
Whats AGF? and AFG? been bugging me.

AGF = Animal God Fist
f,n,d,df+1

AFG though... not sure. Haven't seen a reference to that honestly. Typo somewhere? If not, my apologies.

--Jive

Last edited by JiveTurkeyJones on Sep 21st, 2012 at 15:47

Alcan
Destroyer
PSN: NaclaM
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
ANIMAL...FUCKING...GODFIST

That's when you use double AGF on the wall and the last one hits the opponent right before he touches the ground for 13890391890138 damage.
Signature BUTTON MASHERS 2000 (cause 1999 just couldn't cut it)

"Being random is godlike, because God is random."
Mokujin Man
Master of Mimicry
PSN: KevlarX290
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mr. NO!
Useless mention:- ch df+2, b+2, f+4,3,2 is also the most damaging pre-B! combo for that launch. beats ws+2, f+4,3,2 by 2 pts (53dmg vs 51dmg). But personally, I use ch df+2, ssr ws+3[3], B! ...

Should be mentioned that b+2 whiffs on small and some medium sized opponents. Medium size as in both Laws and Lee for example.
Signature *~Got Wood?~*

My T6:BR custom pics!

[1|2|3|4|5|6] [1|2|3] [1|2|3] [1|2|3]
Fadango
Kyu
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Bit of a useless mention, but if you tag assault off of a bound that would put them FDFA (Like Steve's b+2; ff+2 B!) then AGF can hit them back towards the point character. Although it is rather inconsistent.
Mr. NO!
Deity
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Dvj ewgf, ewgf, df1+2~5 Rog d+1+2, etc. Dev run cd+1~uf for 105 dmg. =)

Last edited by Mr. NO! on Sep 29th, 2012 at 02:02

Signature Australia[Canberra]/Japan[Tokyo]
Malkom
Sage
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
are there any easier combos than bob 1, ws 3,3?
I think it is hard to input, because you have to go crouch and stand up and so on.

so are there easier ways to do a juggle with less damage?
Signature Kazuya Fist is a coward
amphreded
Iron Fist God
PSN: amphreded
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
1+2, d/f+1+2
Though you should really practice bob+1, ws+3,3, it's much better.
Tyger16
Kyu
PSN: Tyger16
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't know if it's just my timing, but I could easily get 3~4, BOB 1, end combo to work in T6. Now it's almost impossible. Maybe the adjusted the recovery frames of 3~4?
Signature Is dinner ready yet? I'm starving...
jiorio95
Don Frye
PSN: jiorio
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't believe BOB1 works after 3~4 anymore, you can use 1+2, df1+2 b! instead now.