Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
PSN: dropkick_br
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
I know TTT2 is coming, by then, we could actually start doing work. For anticipation for that, I think we need a general log thread on what each of us wiki writers are working on. It's basically us saying what page we're making.

1. I don't want to have someone that's making a work on a specific page with a plan in mind, then someone edits it thinking that it wasn't being worked on. Basically overlapping jobs. It's not only frustrating for writers, but also inefficient.

2. Having a log, since we have designations, we can track which areas of the wiki needs to have writers to work on.

3. It's always important for us to be in a same page, so at least letting us know what you're working on gives us a little bit of direction, and you could let us know if we could give you some help if you needed too, especially if life gets tough and you need to have a bit of a hiatus.

--------------------------
General Guides:

System Guide: DEATH™, Kilvoctu
Netsu Relationship Chart: Archer Mac

Character Specific Guides:

General Movelist Tables: DEATH™
Anna: Space Trails (frame data)
Armor King: DEATH™ (movelist, throws guide)
Baek: Budding Fighter (frame data)
Christie & Eddy: noodalls (frame data, possibly movelist)
Devil Jin: Baraka_FW (frame data, move list, combos etc., non-reserved)
Heihachi: VargastheSick (general strategy), Davos (frame data)
Hwoarang: Bilal (movelist)
Jin: Corpsethrust (character strategy)
King: DEATH™ (movelist, throws guide)
Leo: Lilleboff (frame data)
Nina: Psylence (movelist, strategy)
Tiger: noodalls (frame data, possibly movelist)
Yoshimitsu: Noodlehead (???)
Wang: VargastheSick (general strategy)

-------------

I'm currently working right now on the each character's movelist (Only filling up commands and tables so they will have a universal format) and the System Guide...

Last edited by DEATH&#63722; on Oct 27th, 2012 at 09:54

Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
: Hey bro, not only that... both of us got future endeavored...
: This is some WCW sh*t going on... Who's booking this crap?
noodalls
PSN: noodalls
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Will work on Chreddy/Tiger frame data/move properties. Will probably do move list after that.
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Edited first post. Some I got from the recent history page.

Please take note that I might edit each character movelist for now as I also plan to take that icons (or make my own/make a abbreviation) on the command list and use them on the properties section. I'll try my best to work out on each character movelist so people can focus writing more important things such as character-specific guides and frame data, but realistically speaking, I might take a break now and then. So I might just put up the commands for the movelist and people can fill it up with uniformity in mind.

Also, when the game comes out, please report if you're working on a specific page, so I could know which characters need writers.
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Working on Devil Jin's pages (Movelist/frame data/combos etc) when I can (I'm also sort of waiting on getting my hands on the game to contribute.) but I don't exactly want to reserve the the DVJ section for me though.

Although I'll probably edit info anyone else added to make it uniform If I see any irregularities and the combo page can be replaced with anything since I kinda hate it's current format.

Last edited by Flying Wonkey on Sep 8th, 2012 at 08:20

Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
Space Trails
4th Dan
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Here is the link just in case:

User Log

On this page all the TZ wiki users are listed. When you click on "contribs", check the box "Only show edits that are latest revisions" and it will show you each page that the user has worked on.
Signature giving a squirrel his cheese makes a mouse a nut
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
^
^
^
It's helpful, especially to keep track of progress. Thanks.

But at the same time, a word of commitment from the writers will be greatly appreciated. Many writers plan on writing for multiple chars but focuses on one page at a time. That's why it's kinda hard to track how will the wiki progress, if we have enough writers to at least cover the general strategy of a character, and recruit writers if needed.
Space Trails
4th Dan
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Actually, I goofed, It doesn't show all the pages without being redundant (which I thought at first), it just shows pages you worked own that no one else has then edited.
Signature giving a squirrel his cheese makes a mouse a nut
psylence
Iron Fist God
PSN: compsyguy
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm planning on working on the Nina page. I started it, but the info I put up was primarily from what I know of T6 and watching vids. Now that I've got my hands on the game I'll be able to put up more accurate info.
CorpseThrust200
Legend
PSN: omgitsnewton
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Prima Official is an accurate source for frame data, right? I'm getting mine next week, will add Jin's numbers into the wiki at that time.
Signature My tumblr
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
^
^
^
No... it's not accurate... It's mentioned in the TTT2 Guide thread...

In the end, we're still gonna revise the frame data all over again...

BTW enjoy the game first guys....

Last edited by DEATH&#63722; on Sep 12th, 2012 at 09:33

CorpseThrust200
Legend
PSN: omgitsnewton
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
welp. oh well, in that case it can at least work as a base to start off from.

and of course we'll enjoy it first; I'm not hitting the lab before a 5hr offline session

~~~

edit - the frame data page for Jin had no character select or character jump, I'm pretty sure that's the case for some other characters as well. I've added them into the Jin page and will do so in any other such page I stumble upon. Also, will get to fix Jin's movelist page soon.

Last edited by CorpseThrust200 on Sep 12th, 2012 at 11:35

Signature My tumblr
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Sorry for not updating for a while... I'm having exams...

But after this, I'll personally make/update every single movelist of each characters, since it's the easiest thing to update (I can get a run through to each characters and get their commands, move name, hit range and in-game properties for couple of days, though I won't cover all hidden moves) and we really need to have a progress... Everybody can focus on the more deeper stuff they can do, like actual guides and frame data...
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
I wrote a bit about directional buffering and will do command buffering soon. Just go through it to see any factual errors/typos. Thanks!
I'm manual labour. Hire me! I'm open for anyone needing help typing stuff (although that might not be needed). Other than that, I'll do typo checking stuff as well as little tidbits in the system guide. I don't have TTT2 ( ), so can't really comment about character specific stuff as well as the new stuff they've added.
Also, do we want to make customs page for each character? Kane's put up pictures for customs of each character and if we do want to put that stuff in, I can do that.
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
^
^
^
Please check PM

Also, about the customization, I don't think we need it for right now, especially we are not even finished with the movelists, guides and frame data. If we reach one point in time where we finished almost everything, then maybe yeah...
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DEATH
Also, about the customization, I don't think we need it for right now, especially we are not even finished with the movelists, guides and frame data. If we reach one point in time where we finished almost everything, then maybe yeah...

I see. Makes sense.
Anyway, if anyone needs someone to type stuff up for them, I'm here. Till then working on tidbits on the game system. Going to tackle juggle system and bound... (cracks knuckles and neck a la )
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/...l_Jin_Move_List

Should I stop making a row for every part of move strings? I'm finding it a bit silly that the movelist doesn't name every single strike.
Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
^
^
^
Yeah, you don't need to make every single string to have a row. Namco did it for a purpose...
We usually seperate a part of a string IF there's a special property along with it (like recovers on a stance, CH launcher, B! etc.)

e.g King
1+2 (recovers BT)
1+2, 1
1+2, 3
b+1 (CH launcher)
b+1>2
b+1>4
b+2>1+2
b+2>4
ff+2 [~B] (cancels attack at ~B]
ff+2>1

Only inputting 1+2 recovers BT, unlike b+2, so it deserves a row. b+1 is a CH launcher, so yeah... Looking at your movelist, 1,1 string, white heron string, Twin Lancer, df+3, 2, 4 and Tsunami Kicks don't need to have one for each strike, since there's no notable property for each strike and they all recover standing.

BTW just copied Ancient Ogre's movelist on a notepad... It's already tiring. I haven't even tested for some properties (damage, crush etc). only attack names, hitrange and commands... It does suck the fun away...
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Sign me up for Baek stuff. I did his strat guide and will begin his movelist (It's so long! AARGH!) and notes. I'll take framedata from OffInBed's app as I have no way to test it myself, but I don't think I'll be able to add that stuff in anytime soon. (DOWNLOAD THAT APP IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!)
Davos
1st Dan
PSN: Davos1021
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Just wanted to say that I've been working on Heihachi's Frame data. I used Baraka's template and also using the frame data in OffInBeds excel sheet. I'm almost done inputing it all, and afterwards I'll do another pass through to make it look nicer before I start actually testing for correctness.
Bilal
Destroyer
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
I have been working on Hwoarang data for past few weeks and most of it has already been uploaded on wiki. I will share my Google Docs spreadsheet on Hwoarang forums to compile combos and other esoteric information. I went ahead and introduced some alterations and additions to the format:

• Damage listed is scaled at 135% except throws, which is the standard damage in team vs team/solo vs team matches
  • Added evasion/stepping column in character movelist page and indicated whether a move can be stepped to walked to a particular direction in small disadvantage situations by a regular sized character
  • Included frame data for throws and basic attacks
  • Added hit-level to frame data tables because it makes a world of difference whether it's a -10/-12 high, mid or low
  • Not sure whether it's also listed by other editors, but I included abbreviations indicating whether a move leaves opponent in crouching, side or back turned on block/hit/CH as it also has a significant effect on punishing and follow-ups
  • Indicated the instances of false frame data just like ina
  • Replaced ina abbreviations with TZ abbreviations where possible, but did not touch the rest

Stepping:

I am still not sure whether this is the desirable format for most Tekken players. It mostly adapts a 'digital' format of yes/no for each move in small disadvantage situations (+1/+2 for LFF/RFF moves and +3 for LFS/RFS) against a character of average size and sidestep. It, however, has certain advantages of its own such as readers facing Hwoarang being able to immediately find the stepping direction for a certain move as well as understanding which maneuver (stepping or walking) is applicable. On the other hand, it isn't much user friendly for Hwoarang players who need to know a move that tracks to his left fairly well to make it work against characters such as Lili or Alisa. In other words, the 'analogue' side of stepping and tracking is not covered.

Ina Tekken Wiki Abbreviations:

I already posted the index and my thoughts about using ina abbreviations on wiki a couple of days ago, I will paste it here as well:

I was just discussing them with noodalls about a couple of days ago because those knockdown and launcher abbreviations contain a lot of important data than generic JG and KND abbreviations used on TekkenZaibatsu. I, for one, would like to implement the missing abbreviations used on TZ wiki, whether in original or modified forms. Instead of a word-to-word translation, I will try to explain them along with examples and also include some other important abbreviations and their TZ equivalents:

Different symbols following the frame data (e.g. +4Y, -3B, 11S etc.):

• ( ): Represents different frames or situation on crouching opponent, co modifier is used on TZ.
  • Y: Move will side turn the opponent, common TZ abbreviation is OS.
  • S: If used in execution/speed/impact frames, it denotes that the attack is tech-crouching and attacker will recover crouching after this move is completed (RC on TZ). If it is used in block/hit/CH situations, opponent will be forced to crouch on block/hit/CH (OC on TZ).
  • B: If used in block/execution/speed/impact frames, it denotes that attacking character will recover back turned after this move is whiffed or blocked (BT on TZ). If it is used in hit/CH situations, opponent will be forced in BT situation on hit/CH (OB on TZ).
  • G: Represent false frame advantage where opponent will be able to block the next move/duck throws and high attacks but is unable to move around. Frame data will apply as usual in case the opponent attempts to attack from disadvantage.
  • A: The attacker is considered airborne after attack is completed, may also apply to a specific frame window.
  • D: The attacker is considered knocked down after attack is completed.

Table explaining Ina Tekken Wiki abbreviations

This is still a work in progress because the areas highlighted in red are not clear enough while the notations and description highlighted in blue were not listed in the index and I only happened to find them during testing, searching or exploring frame data of different characters. Therefor, it is quite possible that there are a few more abbreviations used by different editors but not included in index. And because ina is a wiki after all, there are several glaring mistakes of misusing the notations (e.g. Bruce), it's best to test it yourself if you are unsure about something.

I will get AAK to find or compile some GIFs, re-categorise them in knockdowns, stuns and launchers, and it's ready for TTT2 wiki. Hey Baraka or DEATH, if you are reading this post, please PM me your IM (preferably MSN) details, need to discuss some stuff.

Last edited by Bilal on Oct 26th, 2012 at 23:16