Good partners for Kuma/Panda (not the other bear)

Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
masamune blade
Inactive
PSN: MasamuneKuma
XBL: IntiIntiKuma
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
So far i've only found bad synergy with other characters and a bear.

its seems like to maximise the damage output of df 2,1 you have to tag to a bear.

everyone else ive tried gets shafted by the head towards juggle position...

so far ive tried with:
heihachi
Kazuya/devil
Jack/p.jack
Angel

all with very limited combo options off BTP~5

michelle and jaycee have decent combos from BTP~5 (but they do off almost anything)

anyone got any ideas for bear partners, cus so far all I see is double bears as an option, and that sucks.
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
PSN: Jordyce
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
The main issue is that most characters can't flip in juggles anymore.

If you want more damage out of d/f+2,1, you're probably better using TA rather than just straight BTP~5. d/f+2,1, f+1, d/b+1,2~5. The Tag Assault will give you more room to play around with due to the extra height. Judging a decent partner based solely on BTP probably isn't the best idea, and Kuma usually does pretty well when he's the one being called in. Plenty of options from non-BTP launchers.

I play Kuma/Roger exclusively. There's some more complex juggles but I usually just do some variation of these two.
Kuma generic launch, d/f+3,2 TA! Roger cd+1 Kuma dash b+2,1,1+2
Kuma BTP, f+1, d/b+1,2 TA! Roger d/b+3+4 Kuma b+2,1,1+2 (good damage)
Roger d/b+3, d/f+1+2 B! Kuma u/f+4,3 Roger f+1+2,2

Last edited by Jordyce on Sep 9th, 2012 at 12:12

Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
angelo-armas
1st Dan
PSN: jigTK
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
any good partners for Kuma?
pls request (male chars. only)
Signature TTT2 Teams
Main:
Sub:
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Found some really good BTP juice with Roger (and slightly less for Alex).

Kuma BTP~5, ROG d/f+1+2 TA! KUM u/f+4,3 ROG dash 1,2~ROC 1+2 for 87 damage.
Kuma BTP, f+1, d/b+1,2 TA! ALE f,n,d,d/f+1 KUM dash b+2,1,1+2 for 85 damage.

If you want good damage from BTP, you just need a partner that can deal with a back turned character, and then you're golden. Pretty sure Miguel gets two d/f+4,1 into d+2 B!. As far as Roger as a partner in general for Kuma goes, they're compatible, get decent damage, and play pretty damn differently (Kuma's all range, little utility, Roger's no range, heavy utility).
zsonaa
2nd Dan
PSN: zSonaa
XBL: SQNA
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jordyce
Found some really good BTP juice with Roger (and slightly less for Alex).

Kuma BTP~5, ROG d/f+1+2 TA! KUM u/f+4,3 ROG dash 1,2~ROC 1+2 for 87 damage.
Kuma BTP, f+1, d/b+1,2 TA! ALE f,n,d,d/f+1 KUM dash b+2,1,1+2 for 85 damage.

If you want good damage from BTP, you just need a partner that can deal with a back turned character, and then you're golden. Pretty sure Miguel gets two d/f+4,1 into d+2 B!. As far as Roger as a partner in general for Kuma goes, they're compatible, get decent damage, and play pretty damn differently (Kuma's all range, little utility, Roger's no range, heavy utility).

Yeah Roger/Alex is a really good partner for Kuma. Their synergy is +2 and do pretty decent damage.

AGF= f,n,d,d/f+1
BTP=d/f+21
Bob=b3+4
iWs=Instant while standing
wd=Wave Dash
3[3]=3 hold 3
Boot=f3+4

BTP~5, ROG f+432, TA! KUMA u/f+43, ROG AGF for 92 damage (whiffs with some characters like King for example(use d/f+1+2 right after BTP.))
ROG uf4, bob1, ws+3[3] TA! u/f+43, ROG AGF 86 for damage.
ff+2~5, ROG bob1, iWs 3[3], TA! KUMA u/f+43 ROG AGF for 100 damage.
f+1+2~5, ROG 1+2, f+432, TA! KUMA u/f43, ROG AGF 92 for 92 damage.
FC d/f+2, 1+2, f+432 TA! KUMA u/f+43, ROG AGF for 96 damage.
CH f/f+2, wd3[3] TA! KUMA u/f+43 ROG AGF for 95 damage.
ff+2, u/f+1+2, d/f+32 TA! ROG d/f+33, KUMA d/f+21, W! d/b+1+2,1+2,2 for 110 damage.

Kuma/True Ogre very easy and great combos:

ff+3, 32, d/b+1 TA! KUMA u/f+43, TOGRE BOOT 1,2,1+2 for 90 damage.
d/f+1+2, U/F+4, 32, d/b+1 TA! KUMA u/f+43, TOGRE BOOT 1,2,1+2 for 103 damage
ff+3, 32, d/b+1 TA! u/f+43 TOGRE BOOT 1,2,1+2, W! d/f+2,1,2 for 106 damage.

Edited some minor grammar mistakes

Last edited by zsonaa on Sep 16th, 2012 at 10:32

Jordyce
Planet Robobear
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
BTP~5, ROG f+432, TA! KUMA u/f+43, ROG AGF for 92 damage (whiffs with some characters like King for example(use d/f+1+2 right after BTP.))

Whiffs on heaps of characters. Just not worth using.
zsonaa
2nd Dan
PSN: zSonaa
XBL: SQNA
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jordyce

Whiffs on heaps of characters. Just not worth using.

Yea I was thinking that it might whiff against someone besides King. Haven't had enough time to test it. But a great found.

What is a stable combo if the duo is Kuma/Miguel? I was thinking to pick him since he likes animals. Miguel is also a pretty sweet character.

Last edited by zsonaa on Sep 16th, 2012 at 11:36

Jordyce
Planet Robobear
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I haven't mixed Miguel with an animal yet, I play pretty much strictly Kuma/Roger and Miguel/Wang. With so many bloody juggles to remember, I don't like confusing myself, lol.
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
PSN: Morninglord
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Was just learning a bit of bear today.

Bear df2,1~5, Lars 2, db21, fb21~5 Bear uf+3,4 Lars run up db2~f se 1 is high 90's. Also he can do db2~f se 1 on a backturned normal bound if you just want to eat red life. He can also get good oki off a backturned normal bound by doing ss 1+2~b. They wake up differently and your options are a bit nastier.

Lars can also pick up from Bear uf+3, df21~5 with db2~f se df1 to same tag assault as above.

If you want around 90 but consistency and ease of use you can do df21~5, Lars 21, fb21~5 Bear uf+3,4 Lars de1~f, se 1. The de 1 will hit them very easily due to how they are backturned.Hold forward while the bear is doing uf+3,4 so Lars shuffles forward a bit before you do the de 1, it will make it hit every time. Don't dash, you can't get the f+3 since ff+3 is a different move.

If you want to do the normal bear df21 to lars tag assault you can do uf+3 since the bears juggle is a low number of hits. This will send them really high and flip them upright.

Was just learning bear for moku/bear but thought I'd pass along what I messed around with.

I couldn't find a good juggle off Lars f+1+2~5, but I'm not that familiar with bear (obviously) and gave up. Decided to just do Lars standard to bear uf+3,4. Hehe.
Signature Zhan: The real enemy is yourself.
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
I think that good damage speaks a lot more to Lars than it does to Kuma, lol.
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
I know. I was just responding to the earlier speculation about good partners.

Well he's a good one. I mean it's obvious but hey I might as well share the details.

You have to use fb21 on backturned with Lars because db~f se df1 will not hit backturned. That's an important little detail.

Also the bear uf+3,4 does actually do a fair chunk and they leave them quite close to lars which lets him hit his enders easy.
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
The problem with Lars is that you have to give up a massive chunk of your manhood to play him. But yes, he works with anyone.

Bear u/f+3,4 is alright for damage/lift, but heaps of other characters can get more. It sucks that he doesn't have too many high damage options, everything is in the 30ish region, rather than the 40-50ish region that a lot of others have.

Moku Bear juggles are also completely different to Regular Bear, btw. Pretty much plays completely differently in general (spam d/f+4).
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Heh. I used to main Lee before Lars.

I figured it might but hoped it wouldn't change too much in the actual juggles since moku has long legs for the uf+3,4.

I'll have to try and get moku bear then to check that out.

I was testing moku lars this morning and expected it to take a while but I got it second try. Fingers crossed moku will read my mind again.
w1r3d
aguantame eso ahi
PSN: obw1r3d
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
In the beginning I was very disappointed with Kuma+Anna, but now I'm enjoying them quite a bit. I'll post some juggles today when I get home.
Signature grace upon grace
w1r3d
aguantame eso ahi
PSN: obw1r3d
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
I didn't do it that day, but better late than never!

off of hellsweep:

d/b+4, ws+2~5, (Anna) d+4,1, d+2, u/f+1,3,3+4 (or ender of choice) <-- Anna's d+2 will depend on range, so you can take your chances or just finish the combo after her d+4,1
f+1+2~5, (Anna) d+4,1, qcf+1, f+3,2, B!, qcf+2,1 (or ender of choice) <--- I love getting a full combo off of Kuma's f+1+2
d/f+2,1, f+1, d/b+1,2~5, (Anna) qcf+2,1, (Kuma) d/f+2,1 (I think u/f+4,3 hits, but can't remember)

Anna:
d/f+2, d/f+3,2~d/f+1, f+3,2~5, (Kuma) u/f+4,3, (Anna) run f+1+2
FC,d/f+2, d+3,2~5, (Kuma) d/f+2,1 <--- you could tag to Anna after this

I think Anna has a good Tag Assault for Kuma's combos (qcf+2,1) which hits opponents in whatever awkward position Kuma leaves them in. I've really been enjoying playing Anna/Kuma, and will post stuff as I find it. I think I like it better to have Anna on point, but I also pick Kuma first on occasion.

I should also mention that her d/f+3,2 picks up opponents quite nicely after Kuma launchers aside from d/f+3,2. Sometimes Kuma's HBS d/f+2 launcher his opponent too far away, but her d/f+3,2 has pretty good reach.

Last edited by w1r3d on Oct 1st, 2012 at 13:49

Signature grace upon grace
PandaXiaoyu
6th Dan
PSN: July30
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
I guess I'll chip in my two cents. The best way to make a team is to know individual strengths and weaknesses. Pandas strengths are their power(IMO they're not damaging enough/I mean cmon they're BEARS) they have good ground game even when laying on the ground. They're punishment is pretty good such as f 1+2 and then tag for a combo. Bears obviously have weaknesses with their figure/size. Such as small range, their ss is terrible and they're launchers aren't worth wild not to mention the timing for bound moves. The speed is not in their favor either.

However, xiaoyu actually excels in the bears weaknesses. Such as her speed, evasion, kinda range, and mind games. Panda covers her weakness of xiaoyu terrible punishment and terrible lows. Although both are not that powerful and lack range in combo fillers or Enders. But they balance each other extremely well.

Zafina is also good, but is on the slow side as well.
Duna
1st Dan
PSN: Dunamis101
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Do you guys think that Ling/Panda would be a solid team. Right now I'm playing Ling/Marduk, but I'm thinking of picking up panda as well.
Tiexandrea
Zombie On Your Lawn
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Jin and Kuma have been my mains in T6, and I found that they work quite well together.

Jin's 1,2,4 works well as a TA filler for all of Kuma's staples, and Kuma can run up and use BTP as a TA finisher.

Kuma's u/f+4,3 works well as a TA filler for all of Jin's staples, and Jin can run up and use 1,2,4 as a finisher, or sometimes even d/f+1,4 .

On the wall, they're godly. Kuma's d/b+1+2,1+2,2 and Jin's 1+2 work well together.

They can do tag combos quite well.

And last but most important, THEY'RE BOTH TURTLING POKING CHARACTERS. So I don't have to do a massive brainswitching to change my playstyle whenever I tag.
Signature
Originally posted by Ben111
the main reason old tekkens sucked was that you had to practice to be good at them
( TZ Jargon Dictionary ) ( TZ Forum FAQ ) ( TZ Members' Profile Directory )
Duna
1st Dan
PSN: Dunamis101
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
I like playing Ling/Panda, I don't mind them having opposite styles since it gives my opponent more to think about. Right now I am having a lot of fun learning Panda watching those Hankuma vids helps a lot. The bear's are more fun then they've ever been in this installment.
Signature
2PP
Virtuoso
PSN: Massive_B95
XBL: SCO Panda
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
I have been using Leo with Kuma and they are pretty strong when it comes to juggles, especially at the walls.