My copy gets here the 6th,what do you want tested?

Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
PSN: DancesWithNoobs
XBL: DancesWithNoobs
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
As the thread title states, my copy should be here tomorrow. What would you guys like me to test with good ol' Asuka?
Signature Need the hook-up on cable service? Get at me.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=124372
Miss Rochefort
Iron Fist God
PSN: PrincessLiLi_
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
can you test how much dmg asuka+lili's special tag throw does?
Signature 1st main: 2nd main:
#Anna4T7 or will it be in Tekken 8?
Originally posted by Climbing Dragon
Obviously I will recognize Steve, Drag and Feng as Lili's superiors when it comes to overall performance.
Jaguar Clash
Dragon Lord
PSN: Ja_CL
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
overall pushback on her ff2 and her followup 1+2? i've seen vids of anna players trying to punish w/ df1,2 but they seem a bit slow to the point where it might not reach...but i'm sure someone like lars can punish it easy
(CHI) holli
Legend
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
please test the punishment capabilities of f+1+2 (hei ff2, pauls DF both versions, etc)

ty
Signature asuka user
luksgammer360
War Lord
PSN: luksgammer
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
^^
This.

Can you also test if d/f+1,4 breaks the wall?
olaHalo
4th Dan
XBL: OZ Tallgeese
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by luksgammer360
^^
This.

Can you also test if d/f+1,4 breaks the wall?

it does break the wall
just checked
Signature XBL- OZ Tallgeese
"WaveDash2Vegas" - A Las Vegas WTF team for XBL
luksgammer360
War Lord
PSN: luksgammer
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Do you also have a copy? Nice!

Thank you!
olaHalo
4th Dan
XBL: OZ Tallgeese
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by luksgammer360
Do you also have a copy? Nice!

Thank you!

no problem
yeah the game is great
alot of stuff to do and learn
Signature XBL- OZ Tallgeese
"WaveDash2Vegas" - A Las Vegas WTF team for XBL
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
I'll say this much, after my early testing I'm having second thoughts on Kaz and Asuka as my team. Why?

1.) Kaz can't seem to b! after Asuka's d/f+2, d/b+4,3~5. d/b+2 hits sometimes, but only AFTER they touch the ground, so it's techable.

2.) Kaz cannot flip the opponent after asuka's d/b+2~5 or WS+3~5. I was told d/f+1,4 would work by various people on here, but it sure doesn't.

On the other hand, Asuka and Kaz can put up some pretty big damage. Just off EWGF~5 into asuka staple you're looking at 79. Throw in EWGF, EWGF~5, 1+4, 2,1,1+2 b! and you're into the 80's. That alone makes me want to continue testing.

Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
On second thought...

Kaz CAN hit d/b+2 after asuka does d/b+4,3~5, but the timing is weird. I'll keep on playing with it and figure out if it's a distance thing or a timing thing in particular. Thus far it seems like it requires a slight SSR to make it work consistently though.

Kaz ewgf, ewgf~5, Asu 2,1, 2,1,1+2 b! iWS1,4 does 85 damage with NO tag assault required though.

Also guys, was Asuka's CH FC d/f+2 nerfed? I can't seem to get CC~d/f+2 to work after it now, but I may just be off my game right now. I'll test it more tonight.

Asuka and Kaz can do some serious damage together, but if Kaz can't combo off anything that asuka lands d/b+4,3~5 on, I'm not so sure they'll be the team to use for me. I may have to put bruce at her side, as he can b! off it with d/f+4, MTS f+1. I may also still use Jun as a main partner, but it's still too early to tell.

Then again, with Kaz being the front man and Asuka being my plan on closing peoples nights out, I may not require kaz coming back in on a combo to kill red life anyway.

:::edit:::

The more I mess with the team, the more I realize that getting 85 damage off the red bar with EWGF means FAR more than what I lose off d/f+2, d/b+4,3~5 shenanigans. Although I still can't decide if it's worth losing getting a full combo off 2+3 or not.

ALSO!

CH f+1,d+4 is a FULL COMBO STARTER! To whoever it was here who insisted it didn't work, you were wrong. CH f+1, d+4, ws+4, dash 1+4, d/b+4,3 WORKS! It might not at tip-range, but it works all day long up close. Tested myself, in practice mode, with tech roll to both sides set. It's guaranteed, and it HURTS! (85 damage for CH f+1,d+4, ws+4, dash 1+4, d/b+4,3)

Last edited by Dilly on Sep 7th, 2012 at 08:08

pIchu
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
The only thing you've confirmed is that CH f+1,d+4 is NCc. The rest is already known.

I am looking forward to seeing your results and other findings though. 2 at i12 should open up the doors a bit.
Demoyon
prisoner of desires
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
CH FC df+2, CC~df+2 still works. Don't know if console release nerfed it, but it still works in the arcade version.

Also, about CH f+1,d+4, instead of the db+4,3 ender, could you check if 2,1,1+2 B! connects? It works off regular 3~4, so I think it should still work with CH f+1,d+4.
Signature
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Asuka's best damage as far as I can see for herself off d/f+2 is

d/f+2, d/b+4,3, 2,1,1+2 b! f,f+2,1+2 for 71 or d/f+2, b+2,1,3 dash 2,1,1+2, f,f+2,1 for 72 (but a bit harder to land). It's definitely a LOT easier to pull with that 1 extra frame. Tested on Jun.

Also, CH FC d/f+2~CC d/f+2 does work, but it almost feels a bit more strict than it was in T6. Maybe it's not +18 any more on CH? I'll keep messing with it.

Originally posted by Demoyon
CH FC df+2, CC~df+2 still works. Don't know if console release nerfed it, but it still works in the arcade version.

Also, about CH f+1,d+4, instead of the db+4,3 ender, could you check if 2,1,1+2 B! connects? It works off regular 3~4, so I think it should still work with CH f+1,d+4.

Yep, you can land 2,1,1+2 b! in the CH f+1,d+4 combo. Even merely ending the combo with f+1+2 leads to 100 damage!

Last edited by Dilly on Sep 7th, 2012 at 21:26

pIchu
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Hmm.. just an idea for your Kaz/Asuka team...

EWGF~5, d/b+4,3~5, DEWGF, d/b+2~5, TA b+2,4,3, CD+3.

I've never used Kaz in TTT2 so don't know how far some of his shit will hit but the above seems doable.
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by pIchu
Hmm.. just an idea for your Kaz/Asuka team...

EWGF~5, d/b+4,3~5, DEWGF, d/b+2~5, TA b+2,4,3, CD+3.

I've never used Kaz in TTT2 so don't know how far some of his shit will hit but the above seems doable.

I'll test tonight. It's doubtful though, as Asuka d/f+2, d/b+4,3~5, dewgf, d/b+2 doesn't work. Well, let me rephrase that, I didn't manage it, but I could still just not be spot on in my TTT2 timing. Things are quite a bit different from T6 when it comes to timing in my opinion. Gotta unlearn a lot of muscle memory.

pIchu
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah... generally, from Asuka launch, d/b+4,3~5, only a small handful of characters can pick up from it, one being Jun. I thought maybe Kaz since his EWGF hits fairly low. Maybe it's just super super strict timing.

Perhaps a CD~WS+4, d/b+2 would work? Don't know enough about Kaz.
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by pIchu
Yeah... generally, from Asuka launch, d/b+4,3~5, only a small handful of characters can pick up from it, one being Jun. I thought maybe Kaz since his EWGF hits fairly low. Maybe it's just super super strict timing.

Perhaps a CD~WS+4, d/b+2 would work? Don't know enough about Kaz.

Already tried it, the range doesn't quite cut it.

Hei's d+1 nails it 100% of the time though. Shame, because I like Kaz SOOO much more than I like Hei.

The issue with kaz DEWGF after asuka d/b+4,3 though isn't the ewgf, it's the fact that b! attempts after whiff.

Here's one for those of you with some technique... The EWGF has to be done FAST or this combo whiffs...

Asuka f+2~5, kaz ewgf~5, asuka 2,1,1+2 b! f,f+2,1. Did like 76 IIRC. I think you MAY be able to get a 2,1 before the 2,1,1+2 in there. the combo was HELLA sick to watch though. I'm liking this team more and more, just need to find a way for asuka and kaz to put up some numbers off of d/b+4,3~5 combo filler.

:::update:::

Asuka f+2~5, kaz ewgf~5, asuka 2,1, 2,1,1+2 b! f,f+2,1 does 81. Sooooooo damn nasty to see.

Also guys, if you delay ch f+1,d+4 any at all it's no longer a NCc. F+1 does give a CH spark, so maybe if you're REALLY on point you could cancel the d+4 if it didn't CH, but I'm not going to just say out-right it's CH confirmable.

Last edited by Dilly on Sep 9th, 2012 at 05:52

XelNaga
Top Tier Podcaster
PSN: XelNaga
XBL: ChippXelNaga
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Not in relation to Askua, but Jun. See if you can TA! her unblockable on wall theortically, or is range to short.
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by XelNaga
Not in relation to Askua, but Jun. See if you can TA! her unblockable on wall theortically, or is range to short.

Give me a specific combo and I'll attempt it.

XelNaga
Top Tier Podcaster
PSN: XelNaga
XBL: ChippXelNaga
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Meaning can we do something similar that hwo had to have her charge her unblockable while she was as background character.