Ask A Question, Get An Answer Thread

Page Splits <1234>...12
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Shin Kai
1st Dan
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
How do you do raven's teleport counter attack where he falls from the air doing an attack?I did it by accident it looked as though i was hit out of something and then it happened.

It doesnt seem to be from his back+1+3 parry move either.
BlueBolt
Expert
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
want to ask some stuff about qcf4... what to pay attention to after a blocked qcf4? What can my opponent do after it and are they characters where this move isnt that good cuz they can punish you hard for it? also, what are my options to deal with certain actions of my opponent. hope the question is clear :S

I rly want to learn him "fast", so... what else should i know about him? some 50/50 stuff etc... hope u can help me out^^
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
XBL: Mr Adam0
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
qcf 4 leaves you -14 in BT. Law and Steve can both do junkyard and b+1,d+2,1 respectively for huge damage, it's not something that you want to have blocked. I don't quite understand the second question, try to be a bit more clear.

Raven is not the type of character that you learn "fast". His 50/50 mixups are basically never in his favor and are therefor risky to rely on. You are better off learning someone else if you don't feel like putting in time to properly learn Raven.
BlueBolt
Expert
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
ok, thx with fast i meant more... to know the basic stuff and then to experiment rather than to sit for to long on basic stuff. I will put some time and effort to learn raven of course the 2nd question was, what to do after a blocked qcf4 in general^^
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Pray they don't punish and hold db or SDW f+1+2. You should rather aim to make the qcf 4 whiff than getting it blocked.
BlueBolt
Expert
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
alright alright. One thing left... Undertaker grab... could you give me some good examples after which moves to buffer that throw... would nice to have some set ups for it
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
You can buffer it from pretty much any move (as seen on the previous page) but it's up to you to determine when it would be a good time to do it. You can also just do hcb in the open and then do f,f+1+2 for a dashing UT. You can even buffer the hcb, SS and then dash and still get the throw to come out.
MARAUDINGSHADOW
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: AgentShadow77
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Instead of asking questions-and mind you I know what this thread is, why don't you read some posts in this thread and practice in game. I say this because most of these have been covered and look repetitive, and others are looking for quick fix without taking the lumps of learning.

A?!
Signature Midnight Arrived Revealing A Uniquely Distinct Individual Now Gallantly Surrounding Himself Amid Darkness Other-Worldly
Mystical Anomaly Regarded As Unknown Dwelling Internally Nevertheless Gathering Strength Hellbent About Dispatching Ominous Wrath
Mastering All Required Attributes Under Direct Instruction Now Gaining Super Heightened Abilities Defeating Other Warriors
twistedsenses25
2nd Dan
PSN: twistedsenseless
XBL: twistedsenses25
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Starwinderbeta
Technically, it can be buffered out of any non-throw move, but you would want to do it out of moves that recover fast (1; 2; 1,2; d/f+1; u/f+4), moves that give +frames on block (b+1), or moves with extensions that keep opponents from hitting buttons in retaliation too quickly (b+1+2). Even SDW moves that end in front-facing/normal stance (SDW 2,1; SDW 1; SDW f+2; SDW f+2,4)

Originally posted by yip_noob
also you can move between the hcb and the f inputs in hcb,f+1+2
for example hcb, {F}, f+1+2 or hcb, {ssr}, f+1+2

Thank you both for your information. I love it since well...I'm at times kinda a flashy bastard, and more so love how it removes red life w/Yoshimitsu.

My (hopefully) last questions(for now); what are the safest, quickest ways to transition out of his SDW/BT stance?
And, in TTT2, how reliable and safe is b+1+2 and it's variants? I know 3 is unsafe, but the jab follow up? I like the move in particular since it kinda reels Raven back and then hits, but if it's unsafe by far then I guess it'll lose it's merit for me.
Signature
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
The quickest and safest way to get out of BT is to hold db. This gets you out safely and can even set up whiffs when done right.

b+1+2 is a good move if used correctly, but you are better off not using the extensions since they are both horrible. 1+2,3 is death on block and 1+2,2 leaves you in severe - on hit in BT.
twistedsenses25
2nd Dan
PSN: twistedsenseless
XBL: twistedsenses25
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mr Adam0
The quickest and safest way to get out of BT is to hold db. This gets you out safely and can even set up whiffs when done right.

b+1+2 is a good move if used correctly, but you are better off not using the extensions since they are both horrible. 1+2,3 is death on block and 1+2,2 leaves you in severe - on hit in BT.

Aha, thank you for the speedy answers!

Again, I really love b+1+2 since it typically scores a counter hit; evading backward, then slamming someone down for some...honestly monstrous damage? Seems amazing. Well, it's to the practice mode with me, after bed...Raven seems really fun, and I need to put everything I read here into good use.
Signature
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
PSN: Online
XBL: Offline
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
b+1+2,2 isnt that severe on block/hit...
it's a pretty damn good setup for SDW f+1+2 on block and on hit it is rarely retaliated UNLESS your opponent are aware of the actual frames (in which case you can SDW 1,4 )

Also you can actually SDW f+1+2 law's junkyard after a blocked qcf+4, i've been practising the timing and reverse it consistently.

Note: SDW db is generally the best option; however sometimes SDW ub~b is preferred compared to SDW db in cases where the opponent uses a long range punisher. like against uf+1+2 with the kings or uf+4 with lars, ub~b allows you to be able to block alot faster. SDW 4 or SDW 2,1 aren't too bad to throw out as recovery is fairly quick even on whiff.
Signature CH b+1... b+1+2 HEY-YAAA!!

Footos
Sage
PSN: What's a Network ID?
XBL: What's a Gamer Tag?
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
How do u guys land the third ff+3??

WS+1, b+1 B! ssl ff+3, f+1, ff+3, f+1, ff+3, f+1, fF+4

Been doing ff+3, f+1 ssl 1 b+1 B! b+3+4~3+4 , ff+3, fF+2 instead. Any other alternatives peepz??
Signature RIP Li'l Penny Von Hardaway 1973-2005
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
You need to make sure you SSL enough and you have make sure that all the ff+3s' connect as quickly as possible after f+1. My guess is that it's because they go off axis too much if there is too much time between the hits.
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Footos

Been doing ff+3, f+1 ssl 1 b+1 B! b+3+4~3+4 , ff+3, fF+2 instead. Any other alternatives peepz??

You want to opt for f,f+4 because it's Raven's consistent W! ender, the damage on your combo may be similar, but the original serves a very different purpose.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
KNITEMAREX
Lone Wolf
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Someone posted a better BnB in the combo thread:

WS1, f,f+3, 1, b+1 B! f,f+3, 4,1, SDW b+2,4

Damage and wall carry is around the same but it's less effort for the same reward pretty much
MARAUDINGSHADOW
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: AgentShadow77
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Footos

Buffer the forward of the 3rd knee into the recovery of last jab.

Tyler has written about Raven's knee and it is amazing how well it works. Yes it is a high risk move and very rewarding, but it has served me well on random attempts. You can do the inputs fast as possible and get a knee you can buffer a dash and get a knee. People even sleep on the max range of the knee and it still solicits the same damage.

A?!
Signature Midnight Arrived Revealing A Uniquely Distinct Individual Now Gallantly Surrounding Himself Amid Darkness Other-Worldly
Mystical Anomaly Regarded As Unknown Dwelling Internally Nevertheless Gathering Strength Hellbent About Dispatching Ominous Wrath
Mastering All Required Attributes Under Direct Instruction Now Gaining Super Heightened Abilities Defeating Other Warriors
Duna
1st Dan
PSN: Dunamis101
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Who is the best raven in Korea and in Japan?
Footos
Sage
PSN: What's a Network ID?
XBL: What's a Gamer Tag?
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Duna
Who is the best raven in Korea and in Japan?

IMO Korea: BloodSea, Navee and KidJin
Signature RIP Li'l Penny Von Hardaway 1973-2005
KNITEMAREX
Lone Wolf
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Do Bloodsea and Kidjin still play this game?

There aren't many notably great Raven players since Unlimited dropped

Best I've seen recently is this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itfI...p;feature=g-u-u

I'd recommend Navee also but it's hard to find footage of him not getting blown up, I'm not a fan of his personally