< >
Starwinderbeta
Team Glow™
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Topic.
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm finding a dead zone with Raven carry and bind. Basically any carry that doesn't leave me in BT, it seems like Raven can no longer dash up u/b+1,2, B!, even while near perpendicular to the wall. I guess I never tested for it because I was just optimizing examples for the guide and I didn't encounter this issue.

Edit: b+4,4 would probably work, haven't used it in a while now that qcf+2, b+4,4 is gone.

Last edited by tyler2k on Sep 13th, 2012 at 21:12

Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
Starwinderbeta
Team Glow™
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
I noticed the same thing. Like you said, b+4,4 should take care of that issue.
MARAUDINGSHADOW
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: AgentShadow77
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Raven is heavily more punishable this outing. Damn they make you have to work.

A?!
Signature Midnight Arrived Revealing A Uniquely Distinct Individual Now Gallantly Surrounding Himself Amid Darkness Other-Worldly
Mystical Anomaly Regarded As Unknown Dwelling Internally Nevertheless Gathering Strength Hellbent About Dispatching Ominous Wrath
Mastering All Required Attributes Under Direct Instruction Now Gaining Super Heightened Abilities Defeating Other Warriors
ekie
Warrior
PSN: EkieofWichita
XBL: Djekie
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Seems the same to me on punishment. more characters seem to have more punishment options is all.

anyone found a Tag entry move for raven that works well. As in when Raven is tagged in by his partner regularly and runs in
Signature "Thank God for Apathy"-me as far as I Know"

"The terror alert has been raise to cadalic white" -Mos Def(Black Rumsfeild)
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MARAUDINGSHADOW
Raven is heavily more punishable this outing. Damn they make you have to work.

Wait, what? How so? u/f+3, d/f+3, and qcf+3 are now safe, d/b+4 is now only -14.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
Chaosbladeuk
1st Dan
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Does anyone know of a good TA filler for Bob/Raven? I want to maximise damage without losing momentum as Raven doesn't have high damaging fillers.

Bob - uf+3/ch df+2, b+1,2, b+4, 1 B! TA
Rav - f+3, 2
Bob - 1, ff+2
KNITEMAREX
Lone Wolf
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Chaosbladeuk
Does anyone know of a good TA filler for Bob/Raven? I want to maximise damage without losing momentum as Raven doesn't have high damaging fillers.

Bob - uf+3/ch df+2, b+1,2, b+4, 1 B! TA
Rav - f+3, 2
Bob - 1, ff+2

??? Raven has great filler options

In your combo you can use b+2,2,3 which does a ton of damage

He also has SDW 3+4 for a high float which can set up high damage enders

He pretty much shines in his midscreen filler options
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
PSN: Online
XBL: Offline
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ekie
Seems the same to me on punishment. more characters seem to have more punishment options is all.

anyone found a Tag entry move for raven that works well. As in when Raven is tagged in by his partner regularly and runs in

Ub+1+2 or time b+2+4
Signature CH b+1... b+1+2 HEY-YAAA!!

Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
XBL: Mr Adam0
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
For tag entry it's mainly b+1+3_b+2+4 or in some cases bb+2.

Raven's most used TA fillers are ssl b+2,2,3 for early bounds, b+1+2,3 for later bounds and SDW 3+4 if the point character has a good move for that situation (like Yoshi's UB, forgot the new notation).
sph|nx
Virtuoso
PSN: oo-sphinx-oo
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
I have two questions.

How do you think Raven should be played? What's his general game plan?

and

Are there any good Raven players that I could watch?

Cheers
MARAUDINGSHADOW
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: AgentShadow77
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
I think-or I should say that I play Raven as a counter hit character. He is a high risk high reward character who deals his best damage off of his high counter hit damage combos as well as his wake up game. Rush down is not recommended, but can be applied in the right circumstances.

He does not have all the tools to stand toe-to-toe with a good portion of the cast and to me-he has weird hit boxes on some moves that cause a lot of trades. I find success with his movement and staying at range 1.5-2.
Sudden Strike (f,f+3) on whiff or counter will net you 70+ damage without the wall.

The only Raven I can suggest is Navee. Though I will say I have been looking at Ravenboy's recent matches.
Though he has only been around since 5, his playstyle has went through different changes with the continual alterations to his moves. Some players drop him to secondary or altogether so seeing consistent high level Raven play is a rarity.

A?!
Signature Midnight Arrived Revealing A Uniquely Distinct Individual Now Gallantly Surrounding Himself Amid Darkness Other-Worldly
Mystical Anomaly Regarded As Unknown Dwelling Internally Nevertheless Gathering Strength Hellbent About Dispatching Ominous Wrath
Mastering All Required Attributes Under Direct Instruction Now Gaining Super Heightened Abilities Defeating Other Warriors
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
- Spam df+1
- use FC mixups
- space out and use qcf+4

anyways tissuemon is pretty good... although the light shines more on his marduk than raven...

Cosmic Forge
Iron Fist God
PSN: forge76
XBL: Cosmic Forge
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Is there any secret to making that damn d/b+2 not turn them over/sideways? I like to launch~5 > Raven d/b+2, SDW b2,3 for a high relaunch, but flipping them over (and ruining the combo) is a pain.

Also you guys find any use for 4,1? Just as a punisher? Or is it good in putting pressure? I'm always worried of the high crush then eating BT punisher.

Edit--

I'll slightly answer myself, but I've seen SSL in a number of areas to fix combos that flip the opponent. Damn, can we start a petition to remove the flipover effect from Raven's moves? I really want to get good with this guy, but these handicaps are annoying.

Last edited by Cosmic Forge on Sep 25th, 2012 at 08:43

Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
I consider it more of a strength to be honest, allows him to easily realign after several launchers on a BT opponent
twistedsenses25
2nd Dan
PSN: twistedsenseless
XBL: twistedsenses25
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Aha, wow I'm blind.

Beyond my bout of blindness, could someone tell me some of Raven's better 'high' and low crushes?
Signature
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
df+3, ws+2 (does not high crush by itself, but can be done from FC and CD), db+4 and other CD moves are his best high crushes I guess. For low crush you could do uf+4, uf+3, ff+3, f+3+4 etc.
twistedsenses25
2nd Dan
PSN: twistedsenseless
XBL: twistedsenses25
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mr Adam0
df+3, ws+2 (does not high crush by itself, but can be done from FC and CD), db+4 and other CD moves are his best high crushes I guess. For low crush you could do uf+4, uf+3, ff+3, f+3+4 etc.

Ah, thank you.
My next question is pretty simple and should be easy enough; what moves can Raven buffer Undertaker out of? I thought I read he can do that in the changelog/strategy topic.
Signature
Starwinderbeta
Team Glow™
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by twistedsenses25
Ah, thank you.
My next question is pretty simple and should be easy enough; what moves can Raven buffer Undertaker out of? I thought I read he can do that in the changelog/strategy topic.

Technically, it can be buffered out of any non-throw move, but you would want to do it out of moves that recover fast (1; 2; 1,2; d/f+1; u/f+4), moves that give +frames on block (b+1), or moves with extensions that keep opponents from hitting buttons in retaliation too quickly (b+1+2). Even SDW moves that end in front-facing/normal stance (SDW 2,1; SDW 1; SDW f+2; SDW f+2,4)
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
also you can move between the hcb and the f inputs in hcb,f+1+2
for example hcb, {F}, f+1+2 or hcb, {ssr}, f+1+2