Page Splits <1234>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Shi No Kage
Qcf4 is a great move, df2 should solely be a whiffpunisher. -10 bt with raven is horrible... It's basically a hopkickpunish for most of the cast.

The one thing you have to understand with Raven is do not give your opponent more than is guaranteed. Raven has instant escapes out of SDW, so if you get caught by anything, it really is your fault. For instance if you get qcf+4 blocked and get hit by an i15, it's your fault for not reversing or escaping. Same with d/f+2, if you're getting hopkicked (i15 for something -10) by anyone other than King/Lee, stop.

Reading what your opponent will try to do, and isn't guaranteed, is an art.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
XBL: Mr Adam0
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Would Raven not be able to escape even King's and Lee's hopkick by just SDW b+1+3_b+2+4? Risky, but worth doing if the hopkick would mean death.
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
PSN: Online
XBL: Offline
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
well yes you can escape any high mid or low with b+2+4
we just have to practise timing if a move is anticipated, this is especially useful after raw tags.

one issue is say if you are versing a king player and you df+2 without doing the 3.
if king mixes uf+4 and UFn+4 OR
mixes uf+4 and b,f+1+2 (BT throw)

b+2+4 does no damage and poses no risk to your opponent, so even if you can read your opponent most of the time, you're generally pretty screwed against king. different if you can use SDW f+1+2 which the opponent may hesitate to attack afterwards.
Signature CH b+1... b+1+2 HEY-YAAA!!

MARAUDINGSHADOW
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: AgentShadow77
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Wall breakers need to be added to the list. Most should know that any bound move will cause floor break, but they don't know what knock back moves will break the walls for additional damage.

A?!
Signature Midnight Arrived Revealing A Uniquely Distinct Individual Now Gallantly Surrounding Himself Amid Darkness Other-Worldly
Mystical Anomaly Regarded As Unknown Dwelling Internally Nevertheless Gathering Strength Hellbent About Dispatching Ominous Wrath
Mastering All Required Attributes Under Direct Instruction Now Gaining Super Heightened Abilities Defeating Other Warriors
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
f+3,2 is the best option for a wall break IMO. Otherwise there's always qcf 1+2.
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
PSN: Online
XBL: Offline
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MARAUDINGSHADOW
Wall breakers need to be added to the list. Most should know that any bound move will cause floor break, but they don't know what knock back moves will break the walls for additional damage.

A?!

raven's b+1+2,2 is a bound move, but it doesnt break floor if B! is already used

i've updated the post, i hope im right though
Signature CH b+1... b+1+2 HEY-YAAA!!

momotaro2
Kyu
XBL: rain26229bow
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
at the misc, is it possible to add 1+2 reversal too, along with b,b+2, since they both really looks like same at hit animation....but with the different is the move after it
Signature we cannot have everything, since we have not much time to enjoyed it all
AshurayaHye
6th Dan
PSN: AshurayaHye
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Can we add a setups/traps section as well or would that need its own dedicated thread?

Additionally it would be nice to list moves that hit grounded opponents.

A?
Signature "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves."
-- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Main:
Craig, Panda, Jack, Kunimitsu, & Lars. Never Say No To Panda!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=X21mJh6j9i4...player_embedded
C-Krizzel
1st Dan
PSN: CK243
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
top ten for me
1. 4,1
2. f+3, into SDW for back turn mix ups
3.qcf+4 or 3 decent launchers n qcf+1 on counter hit
4. bb+2
5. 2,4 very good punisher
6. ws 2 it gives a free ff+2 or ff+4 or f+2,3 on hit n it is safe on block very very good move
7. ff+4 good move decent range n tracks slightly to his left i believe n wall splats n most characters can't punish on block,unless at the wall
8. 3~4 good launcher n allows for backturn mix ups on block
9. SDW f+4,3 back turn low high, launchable on block but good for low pokes n mix ups
10. df+3 high, good whiff punisher n launches on counter very good move n ducks highs

Last edited by C-Krizzel on Nov 23rd, 2012 at 22:38

Signature main characters other favourites
The Phantom
Champion
PSN: thephantom_GENEI
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by C-Krizzel
6. ws 2 it gives a free ff+2 or ff+4 or f+2,3 on hit n it is safe on block very very good move

? Are you sure it does? Maybe you are getting mistaken by the practice mode's fake combo system on certain NG frame advantages. For example i can do the same thing with Wang, reaching a 371 juggle damage. Test it out in a real match.

Anyway, my top 10 list:

1) 4,1
2) db+2,1
3) ff+4
4) bb+2
5) uf+4(4)
6) qcf+2
7) db+4
8) sdw f+4,3
9) df+3
10) qcf+1-HAZ

Last edited by The Phantom on Nov 19th, 2012 at 23:55

Signature The Phantom

"Sometimes we helped each other, but nothing to do with friendship."
tyler2k
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by The Phantom
? Are you sure it does? Maybe you are getting mistaken by the practice mode's fake combo system on certain NG frame advantages. For example i can do the same thing with Wang, reaching a 371 juggle damage. Test it out in a real match.
WS+2 should only be +8 on hit, so yes, none of those options will be guaranteed. Also if those options were possible, WS+2 is a nose bleed stun, so the opponent could hold down to escape all of them. Maybe he's thinking CH WS+2?
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
The Phantom
Champion
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
well, practice does note f+2 as a combo after ws+2 but im not sure it's for real, like wang's frame advantage moves.
Signature The Phantom

C-Krizzel
1st Dan
#33 “Quote” Edit Post

yh ur both right, The Phantom and tyler2K ws+2 does only give nose bleed so they can escape by holding down but tbh most people don't, n get this if u wave dash and hold df SUPER close to ur opponent n do ws+2 n they duck or ws+2 hits be quick n do ff+3 (if of course they don't hold down) u get a juggle however if ur too slow ur'll whiff n risk get launched, go ahead n try this technique...
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
That's not a true combo, people who get hit by that just push buttons. It comes up as a combo in practice, but the CPU will block any follow up you set it to stand to guard. Also, 3~4 is not a good way to go into SDW mixups, it's -10 with you being in BT which gives some characters huge damage.
The Phantom
Champion
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mr Adam0
That's not a true combo, people who get hit by that just push buttons. It comes up as a combo in practice, but the CPU will block any follow up you set it to stand to guard. Also, 3~4 is not a good way to go into SDW mixups, it's -10 with you being in BT which gives some characters huge damage.

In fact, as i suspected. Like wang's +15/+25 NG moves. You can either connect 10 wang's ff+2(in practice mode) culminating in a 367+ dmg combo but nothing is guaranteed after ff+2
It is a shame that kuma's CH hit from hunting bear stance does. -_-

By the way: see if Raven's d+1+2 jf can make moves with more than 1 hit whiff, cuz by playing the other day with that seemed to do so.

Last edited by The Phantom on Nov 26th, 2012 at 13:46

Signature The Phantom

tyler2k
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by The Phantom
By the way: see if Raven's d+1+2 jf can make moves with more than 1 hit whiff, cuz by playing the other day with that seemed to do so.

But d+1+2 is his command Ki charge, you're playing with major fire by trying to JF that
The Phantom
Champion
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyler2k
But d+1+2 is his command Ki charge, you're playing with major fire by trying to JF that

Am i the best Raven in Europe or not? i used d+1+2 the other day accidentally(i must admit) after jun got me with the reversal and asuka tagged in. Instead of being launched, I did split at asuka's move(which in that case wasn't a launcher but a string). I didn't realize at the first moment that i went double, so i stood still and it seemed that asuka whiffed also her second string-hit. I have to confirm that suspicion.
Signature The Phantom

C-Krizzel
1st Dan
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mr Adam0

yh i know its not a good for backturn mix ups but u don't really have a choice after the move is blocked, b+1+2 after da move is a choice or d+4 or hold db, etc, its not as good as lili's back turn mix ups still but its ok i guess
DYNA$TY
Deity
PSN: Akushitsu
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
You shouldn't be throwing 3~4 out anyway unless it's for oki. Are you saying Lili's bt mixups are better than Raven's?
Signature Team Next Generation
TaintedCrimson
Shihan
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DYNA$TY
You shouldn't be throwing 3~4 out anyway unless it's for oki. Are you saying Lili's bt mixups are better than Raven's?

3~4 is also good for raw tag punishing since its his strongest launcher damagewise I think, I think Lili's backturn is better because it seems like Lili can get away with a lot more nonsense in backturn than Raven.
Signature Found Jin at the end of Tekken 6 and will be holding him hostage until I get in Tekken 7.