Page Splits <1234>...20
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
PaulZ
Iron Fist God
PSN: PaulZ123
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
What's the "staple" for side/backturned opponent now, since 1,1; f+1+2 no longer works due to the nerfed 1,1?
Demoyon
prisoner of desires
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by PaulZ
What's the "staple" for side/backturned opponent now, since 1,1; f+1+2 no longer works due to the nerfed 1,1?

To be honest, I don't really know. uf+3,2 seems good since they can't hold d to reduce damage, and you get great oki too.

I'm still doing 1,1 though; hard to remove from my gameplay due to how good it was in T6. When I remember to, I use uf+4,4~5 to TA with Lars: uf+4,4~5 TA!, ff+2~f, SE 1, 1, f+2,3,3
Signature
EndTimes
Dragon Lord
PSN: Shottanuhmis
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
what is 5? what notation is that?
Nori
Crom is my god
PSN: RxF_Nori
XBL: Nori Batousai
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by EndTimes
what is 5? what notation is that?
5 is tag
Signature
What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women - Conan the Barbarian
EndTimes
Dragon Lord
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
yea I figured out it was r1 when I loaded up the game took forever to install. I thing that is getting me now is the timing on tagging after some moves. Some moves is way to slow to tag and then others is not really viable. We got moves like b+3+4 but I have not yet discovered substantial tag damage after it. I dont know if I want to tag early or late.

updated: Is it me or is customizations going to be really hard to get lol its so expensive.

Last edited by EndTimes on Sep 11th, 2012 at 18:13

Demoyon
prisoner of desires
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by EndTimes
yea I figured out it was r1 when I loaded up the game took forever to install. I thing that is getting me now is the timing on tagging after some moves. Some moves is way to slow to tag and then others is not really viable. We got moves like b+3+4 but I have not yet discovered substantial tag damage after it. I dont know if I want to tag early or late.

You input b+3+4 then immediately press 5 before the move hits, hence b+3+4~5. Then, have your partner quickly dash and input whatever hits.

If you post your partner here I'll try to think up of something that'll work.
Signature
EndTimes
Dragon Lord
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Demoyon
You input b+3+4 then immediately press 5 before the move hits, hence b+3+4~5. Then, have your partner quickly dash and input whatever hits.

write now there is like no information on my tag partner. I wanted to play Forest Law / Alisa with Alisa point or Law point mixing it up. Write now I am in a state where Alisa does not really have anyone that really complements her. But I wanted to play Forest since this guy looks so cool. I know style points. But I can't even find a bnb/stape for this guy.
EndTimes
Dragon Lord
#28 “Quote” Edit Post

write now there is like no information on my tag partner. I wanted to play Forest Law / Alisa with Alisa point or Law point mixing it up. Write now I am in a state where Alisa does not really have anyone that really complements her. But I wanted to play Forest since this guy looks so cool. I know style points. But I can't even find a bnb/stape for this guy.
Class Real
1st Dan
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Does Alisa pair well with Lee? I know they've both got a positive relationship, but I don't know how well they compliment each other.
Demoyon
prisoner of desires
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Class Real
Does Alisa pair well with Lee? I know they've both got a positive relationship, but I don't know how well they compliment each other.

I don't know if they do. Lee is a CH based character, which makes your opponent stop pressing buttons and just turtle out. However, Alisa has problems with turtles, so you'll probably have a hard time adapting when you tag out.

Then again, any tag team works in this game. I suggest going with them if you're more comfortable with those two compared to other characters.
Signature
Class Real
1st Dan
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't know if they do. Lee is a CH based character, which makes your opponent stop pressing buttons and just turtle out. However, Alisa has problems with turtles, so you'll probably have a hard time adapting when you tag out.

Then again, any tag team works in this game. I suggest going with them if you're more comfortable with those two compared to other characters.

Hm, do you know if they can get some good damage out of each other to make up for it? I'm not particularly good with any character in the game yet, so if they really can't work together it's not a problem for me to swap one out. Would Zafina be a better choice than Lee?

Last edited by Class Real on Sep 13th, 2012 at 04:46

Demoyon
prisoner of desires
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Class Real
Hm, do you know if they can get some good damage out of each other to make up for it? I'm not particularly good with any character in the game yet, so if they really can't work together it's not a problem for me to swap one out. Would Zafina be a better choice than Lee?

They can get good damage, just not as high as the top-tier teams like Lars/Leo. Or Lars/anyone for that matter.

As long as you can get something after Alisa's ws+2~5, you should be able to get good damage. I think Lee can get wr+3,4, and Zafina can get ff+2? Not sure about these. Lee/Alisa and Zafina/Alisa wall combos are good though, so both of them work as well.
Signature
Class Real
1st Dan
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks, I'll try playing all three for a few days and figure out who I want on the team after that. I'm leaning towards Zafina/Alisa right now, but Lee's pretty fun too.
ukyorulz
Kyu
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi guys. Just wanted to ask if Alisa is easy to pick up and pairs well with Xiaoyu. I've played no character other than Xiao since Tekken 3 (I skipped Tag and Tekken 4). I'm looking for a partner for her now, preferably one that works with her and isn't too hard to learn. I would prefer Alisa just because they were friends in BV, but really I know nothing about Alisa except her db+3 is supposed to be really good.
Demoyon
prisoner of desires
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ukyorulz
Hi guys. Just wanted to ask if Alisa is easy to pick up and pairs well with Xiaoyu. I've played no character other than Xiao since Tekken 3 (I skipped Tag and Tekken 4). I'm looking for a partner for her now, preferably one that works with her and isn't too hard to learn. I would prefer Alisa just because they were friends in BV, but really I know nothing about Alisa except her db+3 is supposed to be really good.

Alisa is really easy to pick up. You only need a handful of moves then you'll be good to go. Xiaoyu/Alisa as a team is also good because you'll have one aggressive character and one turtle character, so that you'll always have something in every situation. They don't do that much damage alone though, so you'll have to use TA if you want damaging stuff.
Signature
Mankat
2nd Dan
PSN: Mankat90
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Hello, I am new here so please bare with the dumb question. So the question I want to ask is is there anything that I should learn to use Alisa? Outside of combos that is but mainly the neutral game. Should I boost more, side step more, have my back to my opponent etc. I don't know in all honesty what I am specifically asking just mainly things that I should do in the Neutral game.
Demoyon
prisoner of desires
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mankat
Hello, I am new here so please bare with the dumb question. So the question I want to ask is is there anything that I should learn to use Alisa? Outside of combos that is but mainly the neutral game. Should I boost more, side step more, have my back to my opponent etc. I don't know in all honesty what I am specifically asking just mainly things that I should do in the Neutral game.

Practice her backdash and sidestep. Her movement is really good and you should utilize it as much as possible.

Other than that, nothing really. She's pretty basic.
Signature
PaperSamurai
5th Dan
XBL: PaperSamuraiX0
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Not sure if this has been asked already but, what are Alisa's TA! fillers? And which ones are best for few hits before B!, many hits before B!, in the open, and at the wall? Thanks in advance.
Signature

"The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."
rivie2x
Expert
PSN: rivie2x
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by PaperSamurai
Not sure if this has been asked already but, what are Alisa's TA! fillers?

First post in the alisa combo thread
PaperSamurai
5th Dan
XBL: PaperSamuraiX0
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by rivie2x
First post in the alisa combo thread

Can't believe I didn't see that. *faceplams* Thank you!
Signature

"The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."