Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Ginsu
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: Ginsumitsu
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ToothyNZ
I think the first part of the above doesn't really matter as it's all relative. Sure lots of characters fit well with Baek, but they would fit even better with other characters instead - I point again to the Mishima teams that can do 100dmg or near it from an EWGF.

Also, I don't think that having a rushdown style is a good thing since the creation of the crush system. The risk:reward is so heavily skewed in the opponents favour, ESPECIALLY when you don't have the option of just blocking or backdashing to bait a whiff (because you are in FLA). Crush just destroys so many FLA rushdown options because instead of your opponent trying to decide between block high/block low/jab interrupt/ss they can now choose between block high/block low/jab interrupt/ss/crush high/crush low. This gets even worse if your opponent has a move which crushes highs AND mids.

Consider this situation: After you do a 2,3 (block or hit) you know with 100% certainty that Lily will do d+3+4 (that high/mid crush launcher that leads to 60% life without walls). What do you do?

- d+4_d+3 will interrupt
- d+1_df+4_4,3_1,2_df+1_df+2_2,3_3,3_f+2_d+1,df+3 etc etc will be crushed
- b+4 will interrupt (but not launch) if the 2,3 is on hit, will be interrupted on block (I think)
- Do nothing will get you launched
- db+3 will be interrupted
Agree generally - Baek has been nerfed this revision but I'll likely keep trying him...

Not sure these are frame data correct but aren't these other options in your situational
- uf+3
- df+3+4 for hit (not throw?)
- f+2+3
- ub+4

Re his best juggle - character dependent obviously but I'm still getting slightly more damage from a hunting hawk ender (dropping a 4,3,3~f prior to B!) than via the throw - still mid 80s tho
Baek12
1st Dan
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
How do you play Baek in tournaments and can he still win
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Baek12
How do you play Baek in tournaments and can he still win

If your opponent has never played against Baek, then probably you can win. It would depend on you though, on how you play, but generally, it's hard.
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
S. Baek
6th Dan
PSN: IcantPhukWitU
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Battousai
u/b+4 has been introduced in T6.

yea? that's how u know I been away from this shit for a while...
Signature ...since 2003
bcather
Destroyer
PSN: Jazz_LiberatorCN
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
When Im playing with baek and I go into flamingo, sometimes my leg with do a pretty neat looking foot shuffle, it's not fla cancels its something else. Anyone have the notation for this?
Signature Is the glass half full or half empty?
Its based on your perspective quite simply
Were the same and were not know what Im saying listen
I aint better than you I just think different
bcather
Destroyer
PSN: Jazz_LiberatorCN
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Got it, while in fla and holding b, simple press 3+4 and he will do a sort of "stomp the yard" foot shuffle, it looks pretty cool.
Signature Is the glass half full or half empty?
Its based on your perspective quite simply
Were the same and were not know what Im saying listen
I aint better than you I just think different
ToothyNZ
3rd Dan
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
That's his new low parry from FLA, bcather.

Ginsu - all of the options you have described are too slow on p=bllock and you will get interrupted, not sure about if the 2,3 hits though. Either way tho the worst thing that happens to Lily for guessing wrong is maybe 20% life
Marin
Sage
PSN: Marin9892
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by bcather
When Im playing with baek and I go into flamingo, sometimes my leg with do a pretty neat looking foot shuffle, it's not fla cancels its something else. Anyone have the notation for this?

Probably his new low parry: FLA b+3+4

EDIT: lots of people beat me to it
Signature TTT2 Baek & Leo Combo Vid
T6BR Baek Combo Vid reupload

Originally posted by Budding Fighter
Keep guessing, till my db+3,3~f damage accumulates, idiot.
Commandoo
Champion
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Wile on the topic of his new low parry move anyone found it effective.. I used it once vs eddy and that's it.. But can It be used a lot better.. It's getting the timing right that gets me.. You have to go into fla then b+3+4 I don't know why you don't just low parry.. I guess if your already in fla mode it's effective??

Also anyone got any tips on zafina??? She's proving difficult for my baek n hwoarang to handle any tips?? She crawls around the floor and I'm unsure what to do?? Maybe ss??
Signature Hwo newbie ownage!!!

+

Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
His low parry IMHO should be used like df, only you're in FLA.

For that stance, I Snake Kick (d+3,3,3) her into juggle. Most times it is a counter hit.
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
Marin
Sage
PSN: Marin9892
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Commandoo
Wile on the topic of his new low parry move anyone found it effective.. I used it once vs eddy and that's it.. But can It be used a lot better.. It's getting the timing right that gets me.. You have to go into fla then b+3+4 I don't know why you don't just low parry.. I guess if your already in fla mode it's effective??

Also anyone got any tips on zafina??? She's proving difficult for my baek n hwoarang to handle any tips?? She crawls around the floor and I'm unsure what to do?? Maybe ss??

Haven't used the low parry just yet, but was testing with it a bit and it can be used for making a FLA cancel safe for lows. Something like df+4,4,3~f; b+3+4 will parry a quick d+1, even though df+4,4,3~f is -9 on block.
Signature TTT2 Baek & Leo Combo Vid
T6BR Baek Combo Vid reupload

Originally posted by Budding Fighter
Keep guessing, till my db+3,3~f damage accumulates, idiot.
Commandoo
Champion
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
I noticed that b 1+2, x (parry) if timed right in time with a puch you can do a kick afterwards?? Does that kick work on everyone?? It also gives wall splat too if your close enough.. Pretty cool..
Signature Hwo newbie ownage!!!

+

Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be guaranteed, because I always got it against any Steve I fought.
Nashblaster
Kyu
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Does Baek have any tag bufferable moves that can be used mid combo? For example with Forest I've been using:

Baek: FLA uf3~5, Forest: d2 4~5, Baek: fffn, 23, b3 TA etc...

So basically tagging twice before the TA B!. Has Baek got moves that could do this? I know you could use 343~5 at the wall and TA B! withe the tagged in partner, but has he got anything to use in the open.

Hope this makes sense, I realise there's not a huge amount of tactical use for more than one tag pre TA but it looks cool.

Thanks
ToothyNZ
3rd Dan
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
I noticed that b 1+2, x (parry) if timed right in time with a puch you can do a kick afterwards?? Does that kick work on everyone?? It also gives wall splat too if your close enough.. Pretty cool..

b+1,2, 3 is a guaranteed follow-up to his parry. You can also do the 4,3 strings as well.
ToothyNZ
3rd Dan
#36 “Quote” Edit Post

Honest advice? Always pair hwoarang against her. Always. Zaf and Lars are probably the hardest counters to Baek in the game, as they completely shutdown any of the baek rush strings (df+4,4,3_ d+4,3,3,3 etc) - Zaf df+2 will go under the 3 of the df+4,4,3 and d+4,3,3,3 strings, meaning that, on block, there is nothing you can do to counter it (b+1+2 is too slow, I think).
ocelus1990
Kyu
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
How about any anti baek strategies? What's his weaknesses? worst match ups? Also advice on blocking strings?
1live
Kyu
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Hate Zafina seems just about all her moves track..I know I've been reading that the Super Flamingo was removed but the first part of the Double Claymore (df 3,4) can be canceled into Flamingo (df 3~f) which leaves you in Flamingo it can also be done out of Flamingo so if done repeatedly (df 3~f,df 3~f...etc) it looks just like the Super Flamingo and since it can also be canceled into a sidestep into Flamingo (df 3~d..etc) using that ss and mixups is what takes care of my Zafina troubles. So that's the way I do my Super Flamigo or was it Flamingo Side Step Cancel no wait!? I'm pretty sure it's Fox Step!
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
df+3~f done repeatedly is actually FLA WD. I don't think it's really good for the use you say here.
But if what I've heard is true, that one can only SS once when you're in FLA, then your use of df+3 cancel makes sorta sense.
Still I would just think of cancelling FLA with a jab and then sidestepping regularly.
1live
Kyu
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
@Budding Fighter..you fail to see all the possibilities of how(df 3~f and df 3~d)could be used covering distance,evading and still keeping the FLamingo stance for all types of mixups throw in some mind tricks(your opponent will become aware of canceling so unleash the actual df3,4 so it will keep then guessing) and used properly even the best players become overwhelmed and hesitate even turtle.I dont think you have experimented enough with it...plus it adds alot of flash for fun i like to do two df3~f into Dynamite Heel cancel into uf 3 cause most will try to knock you out of the Dynamite Heel animation but get hit with the uf 3..but again that is just some stuff that has been working for me and i thought i would share
oh last thing adding a jab causes a pause the df3~f,df3~f..etc. or df3~d,df3~d..etc flows or you could say wave dashes almost