Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
PSN: Morninglord
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
1). It depends on character
2). You may get better damage by not doing this combo but doing df33 instead and hitting something juicier.
Signature Zhan: The real enemy is yourself.
Demoyon
prisoner of desires
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Yes, it depends on your partner. If you can't get anything, you can do:

1. Just use a 1 hit TA ender for your partner
2. Change Lars' TA filler to 1+2~b, df+3,3
Signature
STK
Master
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
oh alright. thanks guys.
Inserity
Iron Fist God
PSN: Inserity
XBL: Steam: Inserity
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by STK
anyone having problem with the follow up after B! 1+2~b,f4121? after wards i get nothing to "combo" any tips or is there an write up on the ttt2 wall combo game? i dont think i can wait for the luyg wall combo vid to drop.
Who's your 2nd character?
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Tag assault doesn't reset fall down at all except for a single hit. So you need to keep options of every combo count in mind when thinking of high damage combos. You need to have in mind single hits, two hits, three hits, four hits, etc up until you get 1+2~b, f+4121 when trying stuff out with various characters. You also need to keep in mind how spikes affect juggles. Lemme explain this later on for now I'll start with what I meant by single hit reset.

A single hit will slam the opponent on the wall for a much longer time than normal. Think of it as a reset. b+1 is really good at this.
It's not good damage but after certain very long combos before bound such as off a high wall splat, big hit move, then bound, you aren't going to hit anything good after 1+2~b, f+4121, 1+2~b, df3,3 OR df3,3. Especially on ling.

Eg

Lee

df2 high wall, 4u+3, f+4,3 B! Lars B+1, misttrap.

You cannot hit misttrap with any other string move ability throw skill super power whatever with Lars believe me I have tried. Only a single hit like b+1 or df3 will put them on the wall long enough.

You need to adjust your combo, sacrificing hits here and there, depending on character. For some character df3,3 may be your best bet if you can hit something big afterwards. 1+2~b, df3,3 might make them fall off the wall with the same move.

Another thing I have found is that spiking during the combo allows very fast string startups to fully connect, almost as if it has reset temporarily the fall down.

For example. Lee df2, W! f+43~5 Lars df3,3, Lee f+4 (3) happens.

Versus

Lee df2, W! f+4,3~5 Lars fb21 Lee f+4,3 hits. Better damage is df3~d, 1+2.

df3~d 1,2 hits in tag assault
So does df3~d, 1+2

Funnily enough, so does df3~d, isw. It will cancel back to Lars. You still get shoulder. Just something to keep in mind if you ever want lars in and can't do it off your tag assault. It's not bad damage especially if you do multiple hits prior to bound.

Moves I run through with tag assault on wall combos when testing

1+2~b, f+4121 (test for something good)
1+2~b, df+3,3 (test for something good)
1+2~b, fb21 (test for quick string startups)
fb21 (test for quick string startups, if I find a good one I check if it works with df3~d, 1+2 then go with that)
df3,3 (if this results in something nice I will see if it works off b+3~f, se1, which is unlikely but works sometimes)
b+1 (the old stick em on the wall forever standby, try anything 30 frame start up or lower)

Then I compare the damages, oki situation afterwards blah blah etc etc before choosing.

Also test everything on Ling. Then once you've got your staples down go and find nice surprises for bigger characters. Your muscle memory will thank me later and ling players will hate you.

Last edited by Morninglord on Sep 14th, 2012 at 22:39

dr4g0n
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
I think Morninglord has covered it pretty comprehensively. I just have one thing to add. Remember that your other character becomes active BEFORE the f4,1,2,1 string completes. Pay close attention, because you need to make your inputs pretty quickly.

You input f4,1,2,1 then the other character becomes active while Lars is still sticking arms and elbows into your opponent, so you should be inputting the 'ender' string while Lars is still doing stuff.
Signature Requirements for PA: Must tie shoelaces, and give head

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Your point character becomes active after the last 1 is registered as a combo. ie during the 2 animation, you press 1, then you can do something.
So you have basically the last elbows frames to hit a move. You can hit a surprisingly long move there, but you have to be on point the longer it is. It also needs the hitbox to connect with how low they will be on the wall.

I hit Lee's b+4 after 1+2b f+4121 by watching carefully when Lee can move again. b+4 is 20ish frames. The window was extremely tight and b+4 will hit very close to the ground. I doubt you'll get anything slower and definitely nothing with a high hitbox.

This is how the Lars de isw shenanigans work too. You use moves which take a while to come out that let lars move for long enough to do the de 2+3 animation. There are juggles which require you to hit that deisw at the same time as the last hit from your partner connects.

An example is

Lars b+2,3 W! fb21~5 Lee b+2ms, 4u3 Lars de isw, shoulder.

You need to do 4u3~deisw. You can't check if you got the u3 to come out. You just doooo eeet, both moves happen simultaneously and Lars grabs them at the same time as Lee's last kick hits them.

When you get it down you feel like you are doing two things at once.

Also incidentally this does 115. So it's worth it!
omnibusnemo2
7th Dan
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
@ML:
can you whrite the specific inputs of
DE isw, shoulder?
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
f+3~2+3 F+1+4~1+4~1+4~1+4~1+4~1+4~1+4~1+4~1+4~1+4~1+4
omnibusnemo2
7th Dan
Augustana
7th Dan
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
After so long avoiding it in T6 because of my ineptness at Tekken, I have finally realised that I can't ignore Lars mid air throw, fff 2+4. I've been trying to pull it off for hours and haven't managed even one. Anyone got any decent tips? I know you have to buffer the input so the first f is like a dash, I'm just hopeless here.
Signature
smashing
1st Dan
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
What are you guys using vs techrolls? Any tech trap or something that Lars has?
Superboltboy
Berserker
PSN: Boltgear
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
he has a Jump fprward and then WS+1, that does the trick for me, a full relaunch too
smashing
1st Dan
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
I see, after which knockdown move can I use this?
Superboltboy
Berserker
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
hm, I use it mostly after I end with a SE 3 (for oki) jump straight away and then when you're WS, whip out the 1. If done correctly you got a full relaunch.

try this alsi : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnjaKelrtpw
tmd02
YYYEEESSSS!!!
PSN: revolverturles
XBL: FOTTOM
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys does anyone know if DE+1:2 has been removed? It's been a while since I've played and I don't seem to be getting it as easy if it even exists anymore.
Superboltboy
Berserker
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tmd02
Hey guys does anyone know if DE+1:2 has been removed? It's been a while since I've played and I don't seem to be getting it as easy if it even exists anymore.

It still exists. You have to input 2 just when DE 1 connects
tmd02
YYYEEESSSS!!!
PSN: revolverturles
XBL: FOTTOM
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Superboltboy
It still exists. You have to input 2 just when DE 1 connects

Cheers for the info! I didn;t want to waste time in case it was removed, time to practice again lol
Demoyon
prisoner of desires
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
@dr4g0n

TA!, Alisa uf+3,2, Lars ff+2~f, SE 3 doesn't seem to work anymore. I changed Alisa's TA! filler to b+2,4.
Signature
dr4g0n
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
@Demoyon: Yeah, I noticed that myself, recently. However,

B! Alisa, ss, uf3,2 Lars (dash) db2~f, SE1_3 still works.

Does the b2,4, ff2~f, SE1_3 do more damage?
Signature Requirements for PA: Must tie shoelaces, and give head

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH