5. Combos
5-1 Set-ups/Resets/Oki/etc.
6. Top Moves
6-1 Tracking/Homing moves
6-2 Grabs
7. FAQs
8. Credits/Shout-outs

1. Introduction

Hellooooooo, Lars forum. I main Lars, and know quite a bit about him, and have noticed that there hasn't really been much of that knowledge being shared around. This is probably because there's no curent console release of TTT2, but it is out in arcades, and I've played a fairly significant amount.

In any case, this guide is not a definitive, "This is how to play Lars" guide, because I don't believe in such things. Rather, this guide is meant to provide an overview of basics that you should know before playing. Hopefully I'll cover some ground for new Lars players, while giving information that will be useful to veterans of the game.

Last thing before I dive into it, I am happy to make changes to this guide if anyone thinks something needs changing. PM me here, and I'll take a look.

Ok, here we go...

2. General thoughts on Tag 2 Lars

Lars has been bandied about as a "top tier" character, and occasionally as the "best in the game". I am going to dodge several bullets here and ignore this statement. Instead, I'll talk about tiers in general, without inciting an argument over what the tiers for Tag 2 are.

Tekken is an incredibly balanced game, and although some characters are better than others, the difference is relatively negligible. There are many instances of people using what are considered to be "low tier" characters and doing well. Yes, ultimately, you are limited by your character's capabilities, but you can very easily go a long way using any character. In addition, remember that TTT2 is a team game. As such, it is more difficult to find a 'tier' for each character, because it is the team that should be considered. There may be times where a certain trait for a particular pairing will overcome their weaknesses, making them a more 'top tier' team.

That being said, I do believe that Lars can be described as something of a "newb-friendly" character. His tools are quite good and cover a range of situations, and his combos are relatively easy to execute. As such, he's great if you're new to the game, and just want to pick up a character and use them.

However, once you get past the very basics of the game, you have to begin to realise that you can't just do stuff, then hit a panic button for an instant win. Using Lars at higher level play requires good movement, spacing and a great awareness of what the opponent wants to do so you can counter whatever that is going to be.

I could rant on about the importance of basics, but I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about...

So, Lars as a character. He has good tools for most situations and is definitely above average in the punishment department. His movement is much better than in Tekken 6, but all movement has been improved, so that may be the reason why... His damage output in terms of combos is solid in the open, but where he shines in this department is after a W! (more on that later).

2-1 Changes from BR

All moves seem to have slightly less ability to track, but this isn't due to a change in the moves. Rather it's the result of a buff to movement in the game in general. I'll list some other changes that I've noticed.

uf4 no longer causes B!

DE 1+2 no longer launches. Ever.

f1+2 is now -14 on block, and has less range.

b2,1 is now -10 on block.

iSW now causes a W! when used in a combo after the B!. You can't get the full wall combo off a iSW W!, but at the right ranges, you get f1+4 (shoulder) for extra damage. I've heard that you can get f4,1,2,1 but I've never seen it connect, nor could I ever get it to connect myself, so.... yeah.....
EDIT: Confirmed that f4,1,2,1 does NOT work. You only get shoulder. Still impressive damage, though.

uf3 crushes much less than it did in BR, and i13 mids can hit you out of it now (sometimes you can be jabbed out of it as well...)

uf3+4, 1 seems to give slightly more + on hit. Still not really worth using, but there we go...

fc df1+2, is now +1 on hit (down from +2 in BR). I mention this later, but...eh. It's a change.

New Moves:

SE df1. Mid, causes B! -15 on block. Has better reach, and is more consistent off a db2~f, than using fb2,1. Slightly less consistent on backturned opponents. This move allows Lars players to get a little more creative when constructing combos, so..... Keep in mind that it's launch on block, meaning that you shouldn't be using this move outside of combos.... Ever.

b2,3. Mid-high, doesn't jail, but is safe on block. Used to be hit-confirmable, but no longer. It does cause W!, and knocks down on hit, and does pretty good damage. Without the hit confirmation, it's major use (for me) has become to punish whiffed moves near the wall. You can mix-up with b2,1 (which is mid-mid), but that seems to be a high-risk, mediocre reward mix-up.

f4,1,2,1. The infamous Lars wall combo. This move is quite a good addition. The first three hits are NCc, (possibly NC, but I haven't verified that yet). On block, the last hit is -14. Use in wall combos. You can also combo off the first three hits if the opponent is high enough.

EDIT: Abigan2K has done the testing, and it turns out that f4,1 is NCc, but so is f4,1,2 so if you can confirm the first hit as a CH, then do the first three hits of the string
Morninglord has done some additional testing, and it turns out that f4,1,2 is -10 on block. Might be useful as part of a wall game. Use the first three hits, see if the opponent tries to punish. If they do, you can finish the string every now and again to get a W!.

There's probably more, but this is all I can remember atm. If I've forgotten something, let me know and I'll add it on.

2-2 Teams
Building a team in Tag 2 is not difficult. It certainly requires less thought than a game such as UMvC3. The only real aspect of the game that the team really affects is combos and ease with which the characters can tag into each other.

In terms of both, Lars can easily work well with any character. The infamous Moku-Lars is a great example of the viability of Lars as a partner for anyone, and as such, don't ever feel limited to play one particular team because this other guy plays it and makes it look good. That being said, you probably shouldn't jump around and use Lars, then switch up partners left and right. My advice would be to pick a team, and figure out all the kinks to make it work.

3. Frame Data
Ah, don't get all excited on me or anything, I don't have comprehensive frame data...

This spot is reserved for when somebody puts it up. In the meantime, look at the frame data for Lars in Tekken 6 BR. MOst of the moves are pretty true to their original form.

I'll put in a link once someone else figures all of it out...

Last edited by dr4g0n on Mar 27th, 2013 at 23:25

Signature Requirements for PA: Must tie shoelaces, and give head

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH
dr4g0n
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
4. Punishers
4-1 Standing punishers
i10: 1,2; 2,1; 1,1

Nothing to say here. He gets jabs for 10 frame punishers...

In terms of picking between them, 1,1 is basically useless. 2,1 gives more damage and has better range than 1,2; but you're only at +1 on hit. 1,2 is generally the go-to punisher. It may give slighly less damage, but it's at around +4 on hit, so gives you better options afterwards.

i12: f2,4

Imo, one of the best i12 punishers in the game. It easily rivals King's b1,2 in terms of range (if you look at the animation, Lars actually takes a step forwards before sticking his fist out, thus the massive range); does good damage, and knocks down/wallsplats. If a move is -12 on block, I really don't see why you wouldn't use this move to punish...

i13: df1; f1+4

Both df1 and shoulder are i13, but in all honesty, there's no reason to use either. f2,4 does more damage than either; knocks down (whereas df1 doesn't); and is only -12 on block (whereas shoulder is launchable). Use f2,4.

i14: fb2,1

Yeah, this move is still there, and it's still pretty good. You get a small combo off this as it still gives a B!, but the good news is that with select teams, you can now get much more damage off it from the TA, depending on the team you pick (more on that in the combos section). The move has incredible range, but be careful because it is launchable on block.

i15: f1+2; b1; db2,1

Yep, Lars' JYU punch. Infamous before and more so now, and for a very good reason. In Tag 2, it is a taggable launcher, meaning you can get good damage from it, and remove red health as well.

The range is still decent, but Namco seems to have removed some of the 'phantom range' it had in BR, so it won't reach a few moves. In those cases, you can use b1 or db2,1. Both of these options have good range and track quite well (b1 is actually a homing move).

i16: uf3

This. The move that basically every Lars player knows about and uses. Those who play me personally will know I abuse this move to cover several options at once (and occasionally scream it out as I use it).

It crushes highs. It crushes lows. It is a knee, so it can't be reversed....

All reasons to love this move. You do, however need to be quite careful (i.e. not just throw it out), because it is launchable on block.

4-2 Crouching/WS punishers
i10: d1

Nothing to say here. Crouching jab. i10, does piddly damage. I don't think it even gives + frames on hit. Most of the time, I won't even bother with it.

i11: WS4

Generic WS 4. 11 frame startup, does meh damage, gives some + frames on hit.

i13: WS2,1

Good move as a punisher. Not many characters have a 13 frame WS punisher, but Lars has this. A little extra damage. Nothing to really get too excited about.

The WS2 by itself, however is pretty darn useful, but I'll talk about it more in the 'Top moves' section.

i15: WS1

Great move. It tracks slightly to Lars' left, and launches for a combo. It is also a taggable launcher. Note that it will launch the opponent in a backturned state, so if you tag it immediately, you will be juggling the opponent's head. Keep it in mind.

i16: uf3

As the input is an uf, you can punish moves that leave you crouching with it. Still, I'd prefer using WS1, for damage and for convenience, but if you want to get inside your opponents head and have them frustrated at getting hit with "that goddamn move again" (which I do...all the time...), then you can use this as a punisher.

5. Combos
Yeah, I used to have stuff here.

Now, there's a separate thread for it.

Check out Cosmic_castaway's thread here

Last edited by dr4g0n on Feb 14th, 2013 at 05:58

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH
dr4g0n
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
5-8 Set-ups/Resets/Oki/etc.
Lars is not a character of many setups. If you're looking for Williams-sister-level shenanigans, then you'll be left very disappointed. What you will find, however, is that Lars has some great tools that do what they're meant to. Choose correctly, and you'll be able to get the best out of every situation.

Okizeme
For those who don't know, Okizeme (or oki for short) is your game when your opponent is grounded. Compared to the rest of the cast, Lars has quite good oki options. For this particular guide, I'm going to talk about general options, then go into various specific setups. If you find a new setup, or something I haven't talked about, let me know, so I can add it. I'll credit you. Remember, sharing is caring =)

General Oki
db1: Hits grounded, and is relatively safe (-11 on block). A good option to throw out when you're feeling out your opponent. Not spectacular damage, but it's annoying, and the damage will add up if you're using it a lot.

d3+4 aka stomp: Lars' most damaging option if you know they're going to stay grounded. It is -14 on block, which is why it shouldn't be your go-to move against grounded opponents, particularly against characters like Chreddy/Kazuya who can launch you for it. You can also hold ~f after the stomp to transition into SE, but remember that the transition is slower than most and if your opponent is on point, they can use get-up kicks to knock you out of all your SE options.

d1+2: Similar to the stomp. Big damage, but launch punishable on block. Why use it? Two main reasons. Firstly, it has MUCH greater range than stomp, so you can use it in situations where the stomp isn't going to reach. Secondly, you recover crouching, so you can then apply further mix-ups from there.
Another thing to note with this move is that if they try to quickstand without blocking low, this will put them on the ground again in FDFT position.

db4: Massive range, basically homing, mediocre damage, launchable on block. Terrible move on block, which is why you don't throw it out. Use either at max range, or if you think your opponent is going to roll to either side.

db2(1): The first hit connects REALLY low to the ground and tracks quite well, so this is a pretty good option to float backrollers. If it floats, you can go into db2,1 into whatever BnB you want to use.
The first hit will also connect with any opponent who has their head in your direction.
Note, however, that the recovery of this move is terrible, so if you whiff both hits, you are going to get launched by a get-up 3.

DE1: Similar role to db2 but has better range, and worse tracking. It will also float backrollers, and there are set-ups available to make this connect. If it connects, you can get:
DE1, 2, f4,1,2 db2~f SE df1 B!
which is more damage than a float from db2.

Specific Setups
From a juggle: End a juggle with SE df1 (or fb2,1), and your opponent will end up at your feet. They can decide between quickstand, rolling back, or staying down. db2 will pick up backrollers, if they stay down, you get your choice of ground-hitting moves. If they quickstand, you get to apply your choice of mix-up.

End a juggle with SE3, and (depending on hitstun), you can usually cover the distance with a manual DE. DE1 will pick up backrollers. DE2 will beat out get-up kicks and score a CH for a new juggle. DE (cancel) will leave them at your feet for a situation similar to above.

SS2: d3+4 is guaranteed, but you can turn this into a cute little mix-up. Higher level players will try to quickstand and block low in case you're slow on the stomp. You get to use this however you want. My move of choice when feeling out a new opponent is df1+2. It will B! backrollers, and leave you on enormous positive frames against people who quickstand and get hit by it. Even if they block, you're on +2, which is enough for you to work with, especially since both you and your opponent are left in FC.

Against the wall: One of my favourites is ff1+2 (blocked) b2,3. The pushback from ff1+2 against the wall gives you enough space so most retaliatory moves from your opponent are blocked. The b2,3 is a pre-emptive whiff-punish that beats out most options. This set-up can be beaten in a few ways, so don't rely on this, but it's a handy trick to have in the bag.

Last edited by dr4g0n on Mar 8th, 2013 at 04:13

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH
dr4g0n
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
6. Top Moves

This section is where I go through Lars' tools, and the moves that you will most likely be using. I'm not going to include punishers, because they're pretty self-explanatory, and I've already talked about them...

df1: i13, tracks relatively well to Lars' left, has slight high-crush properties, is -1 on block, and gives + frames on hit. Not as incredible as Miguel's df1, but still a damn good move. Abuse.

df2: Not the same as generic df2's. It doesn't launch on NH, blah, blah, BUT, when you look past this, you can really see why it is such an awesome move. i15 (I think), but has some high crush frames, and launches on CH. Gives some + frames on NH. Is completely safe on block, and tracks a little to his right. This move is great for setting up frame traps, and making an un-savvy opponent run into it as a CH, and eating a full combo as punishment. Be careful about the lack of range, however, because it doesn't reach very far...

db4: Yeah, it's slow at i21. Yeah, it's launchable on block at -21. It's still a fairly good move. With the incredible range it has, you can use it as a poke from range. Note that you can also use it to stop lateral movement to some degree, since Lars sweeps his leg around. It crushes highs completely, and at max range, can crush some mids.

ff1+2: This move mixes up with all of Lars' other ff options, but is the only safe one. Tracks almost perfectly to his left, but not at all to his right. Launches on CH, and gives you decent oki on NH.

ff3+4: Lars' slide. It has incredible range, and comes out of a ff motion as well, so you can increase this even further. Virtually unseeable, so your opponent will have to guess. Goes under highs, and some mids. Note, however, that it is launch punishable on block.

ff4,3: This move. Perhaps the most rage-inducing move from a Lars player. This move is low-mid, NC, and does massive damage. Unseeable, but don't get predictable with it, because you can react to the dashing motion and block the low. The move is launch-punishable on block, so use wisely. Note also, that it is -frames on hit, so you are at a disadvantage, even if you hit them with the move. Keep this in mind, when you're figuring out what to do after the move hits.

db1,3: Not a move that you see a lot, but it is a NC that starts low and is relatively low-risk. More often, you'll just be using db1. Blocking the db1 nets the opponent a WS4 punisher. Blocking the db1, and watching the 3 whiff, will net them a launcher.

b2,3_b2,1: The b2,1 is now -10 on block, and b2,3 is a mid-high, that can be ducked for a WS launcher, but don't let any of this dissuade you from using the moves. You can delay the second hit of b2,1 and on CH, the second hit will give a wierd kind of crumple-stun, allowing you to get a full combo with (dash), db2,1, etc. The b2,3 is possibly my favourite whiff-punisher with the opponent's back to the wall. Does a ton of damage, and is safe on block.

FC. df1+2: The move I affectionately refer to as "tying the shoelaces". A little slow, but does decent damage, and leaves you at +1 on hit. You get the option to hold d, after to recover crouching, and the move is pretty safe, at -11 on block. Why not use it?

SS2: Lars only has one move out of SS, but it just happens to be an incredible move. This move (since it comes out of a SS) tracks a little, is mid and is completely safe on block. On hit, it causes a knockdown, and guarantees a d3+4 (stomp) for some good damage. You can also hold ~f after the stomp to transition into SE for a mix-up, but a savvy opponent will get up and use WS4 to knock you out of the SE, so you probably shouldn't use this too often.

6-1 Tracking/Homing moves

As I've mentioned a few times, there's been a buff to movement, so all moves seem to track a little less. What I'm gonna do here is list moves that track better than usual or home. Moves of note:

b1: Still i15 frames. Still homing. Still has great range. Still slight + on hit, and very safe on block. Abuse abundantly

b1+2: Also homing move. There's a few frames of crush during the start-up of this move because in the animation, Lars take a quick step back before executing the move. I wouldn't rely on it to consistently crush anything, though... Keep in mind that this move is at least -10 on block, so I wouldn't be just throwing it out.

db2,1: Most of you remember this move as tracking almost perfectly in BR. Now, with the aforementioned buff to movement, it's nowhere near as good. The first hit still kinda tracks to his right, and the second kinda tracks to his left, but I have been sidewalked when using this move, so it's much less effective than it had been.

WS2: I feel as though this move has been given better tracking from BR. At i13, it's not the fastest of moves (considering you have to crouch first), but it does tend to hit people a lot for some reason. Good range, and it can also be cancelled into DE (WS2~d) and SE (WS2~f).
Note that cancelling into DE will mean Lars moves back, rather than forwards, thus giving you some space, if you need it.

Grabs
Lars' grabs are pretty mediocre. He most definitely is not one of the grappling fighters (AK, Marduk, etc.). Despite this, you can certainly integrate grabs into his game because it won't hurt to have them there. Keep in mind though, a broken grab will reset the situation, thus you lose all your momentum/pressure.

Special grabs
uf1+2
Lars reaches up, grabs the opponent's head, and punches it a couple of times, before kicking them upwards. Mostly, this kind of description would be irrelevant, but for one fact. This grab does more damage (5 extra points) if the opponent's back is to the wall. The extra damage comes from a 'wall-splatting' effect, but you don't get anything off it other than the free damage.

Keep in mind that people who know this will expect you to use this throw against the wall, so it's more likely to get broken.

fff2+4 (iSW)
Lars grabs the opponent and slams his head into their face. If your opponent is in the air, Lars will grab their legs and piledrive his arm into their crotch.

Like the Kings, Lars' iSW doesn't scale in combos, often making it the most damaging option he has as an ender. In TTT2, it received a buff, in that now, it causes a W! if used as a juggle ender, letting you get a f1+4 (shoulder) afterwards.

If used in open ground, iSW counts as a taggable throw for any partner. If you don't know what I mean, think taggable launcher except not a launcher.

7. FAQs

How do I deal with get-up kicks?

Well, the easiest way to do so, would be to bait them out, and whiff-punish them. However, there are certain circumstances in which you can't do so. When this happens, you pretty much have to guess, block, and punish. For low get-up kicks, you get WS4 and WS1 depending on the specific position of your opponent. For mid get-up kicks, you get f2,4 which is amazing. Punish a few get-up kicks, and your opponent will stop doing them, because that f2,4 REALLY hurts.

8. Credits/Shout-outs

So I've mentioned him several times already, but ENORMOUS shoutouts to Lazy Dave. I owe to him much of what I know about this game in general. He has all-but mentored me since I started to play this game seriously, and for that, I am eternally grateful to him.

Other shoutouts must go to every member of the STC, too many to name here. Easily one of the most welcoming scenes I have ever had the privilege of being a part of, as well as being highly competitive. Getting my ass repeatedly kicked by these guys makes me learn much faster than beating up scrubs.

Also an enormous thanks to Cosmic for reading through this guide and giving it a general stamp of approval, as well as correcting some of my mistakes...

Credits for combo stuff:

Lazy Dave (Lars/Mig)
Demoyon (Lars/Alisa)

Credits for pointing stuff out:

Cosmic_Castaway
Abigan2K
Morninglord

Last edited by dr4g0n on Mar 27th, 2013 at 23:26

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
PSN: Heavenstrider
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
An automatic sticky for you. I think you've earned it hahaha.
Signature Some days, some nights; some live, some die in the way of the samurai. Some fight, some bleed; sun up to sun down; the sons of a battle-cry.
dr4g0n
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks, bro =).

Not finished, by a long shot, but I figured there was enough to put up for the meantime.

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH
Demoyon
prisoner of desires
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Here's a few more Lars/Alisa combos that I posted over on the Alisa forums:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...894#post4493894
Signature
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
PSN: Heavenstrider
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Once I update the Lars punishment guide for TTT2, I'm going to have it as a separate thread, just FYI, so people can post in that one thread to make corrections or whatever. You can just link it in one of the other posts later on.

What are you planning on putting in those reserved spots btw? Just more room for combos and stuff? Team synergy?
Signature Some days, some nights; some live, some die in the way of the samurai. Some fight, some bleed; sun up to sun down; the sons of a battle-cry.
dr4g0n
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
@Demoyon: Thanks, dude. I'm not going to put all of them in, though. Just because if I start to stick every possible combo in there, then I'm gonna have a zillion pages full. I'll put in some of the more relevant and practical ones that I haven't already gotten.

@Cosmic: Sure. I won't hold my breath for that punishment guide because I'm sure it'll take a while..... =)

The reserved spots were mostly for other team-specific combos, and reset/set-up/oki stuff. I figure those will be the longest parts once people really get started.

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH
Abigan2K
Iron Fist God
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
so much effort i'd like to give my inputs

b+2,3 is no long HC.. still NC, safe on block but duckable
SE d/f+1 is -15 forced crouch and not -10

f+4,1 is NC but duckable on block.. f+4,1,2 are NCC last hit (f+4,1,2,1) can be blocked and is at least -12
fc df+1+2 is 0 on hit now down from +2 back in br

nice thread
dr4g0n
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
@Abigban2K: Thanks, dude =). Ok, one at a time...

I think I've already got the stuff for b2,3.
SE df1..... When I block it, I recover standing. I'm not sure about what you're telling me. Let me test it, then I'll get back to you.

EDIT: Ok, I've tested it. SE df1 is indeed -15 on block, but both players definitely recover standing.

Thanks for the extra stuff on f4,1,2,1. I'll stick it in there.
I've tested fc df1+2, and it's actually +1 on hit, but thanks.

Last edited by dr4g0n on Aug 21st, 2012 at 23:49

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH
LetS
3rd Dan
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
I want play Kazuya with Lars. Can you help me with a combos
Signature EWGF AbuseR
Spam BOT
DeathFIST_DM AbuseR
B! dash d/f~ff, d/b2~...
dr4g0n
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
@LetS: I don't personally play Kaz, so the following will be pretty scrubby. Regardless, I can give you general pointers.

{Lars} starting

any of his bnbs {Kaz} hellsweep {Lars} iSW_(dash) db2~f SE1_3

I'd prefer ending with the SE1_3 for reasons I've done to death in the guide, but iSW will be easier to land if you're just starting to use Lars.

For the record, when I say hellsweep, I mean CD4,1.

Kaz's hellsweep is a pretty generic TA filler, and you can combo off it.

f1+2~5, {Kaz} iWS 4, df1, df1,2~5 B! {Lars} ff2~f, SE1 {Kaz} hellsweep_EWGF_etc.
f1+2~5, {Kaz} iWS4, 3,1,4 db2~5 B! {Lars} df3,3 {Kaz} CD3
f1+2~5, {Kaz} iWS 4, EWGF, db2~5 B! {Lars} ff2~f, SE 1 {Kaz} hellsweep_EWGF_etc.
f1+2~5, {Kaz} iWS 4, EWGF~5, {Lars} db2~f, SE df1~5 B! {Kaz} hellsweep {Lars} iSW_(dash) db2~f SE 1_3

First combo is easier version. Second is a variation of the first. Third one is damn difficult. The last is there for some swag, but again, REALLY hard to pull off. Timing on the EWGF is basically a just-frame.

ff2~f, SE3~5 {Kaz} 3,1,4 db2~5 B! {Lars} df3,3 {Kaz} CD3

Also works off WS1~f SE3

{Kaz}

This is where I don't really know stuff, because I don't play Kaz...

I know for a fact that Lars can use df3,3 as TA filler, then have Kaz finish with CD3 for any of Kaz's combos. Use that until you find something smexier.

For combos with 5 hits or less pre-B!, Lars can ff2~f SE1, then have Kaz do stuff....

EWGF~5, {Lars} df1, db2,1 f2,1~f SE df1~5 B! {Kaz} Hellsweep {Lars} iSW.

This works...

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH
dr4g0n
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Like I said, I don't really know too much about Kaz, so the stuff I've put here is mostly generic fillers and stuff.

Experiment, figure stuff out.

And when you've finished creating your ultimate combos, post them here, so I can include them in the guide

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
PSN: Morninglord
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Did you just electric someone? Did your character just shout a funny word really loudly and explode with multi colored lights?
Did you press the tag button with Lars as your second character?

If you answered yes to all of these questions f123d1~f,df1 wants YOU!
Signature Zhan: The real enemy is yourself.
Demoyon
prisoner of desires
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
After hitting Lars' f+1+2 or uf+4, tag out to Kaz (or any Mishima) for lots of red life damage:

f+1+2~5, EWGF~5, db+2,1, db+2~f, SE df+1 B!, dash df+1, dash db+2~f, SE 1_3

If Kaz (or any Mishima) is on point, tag buffer EWGF into Lars' f+1,2,3~d, DE 1, etc. (as Morninglord said above). Even without TA, you'll do at least 50%, including red life.
Signature
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
PSN: Morninglord
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Just out of interest the db21, db2~f, se df1 pickup also works after devil jin ws2 dewgf+5. Also after wgf~5 if you can't do ewgf reliably from that knockdown.
Signature Zhan: The real enemy is yourself.
P1GGY
Kyu
PSN: dmg_piggy
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
OK. I'm still a total newb to the tag system. How do I get Lars to stay in on TA at the wall? For instance, I do something boring like Nina Uf+2 W! 1+4 B! (tag) Lars 1+2,b but then I can't do f+4,1,2,1 because he runs away? Sorry for the stupid questions!
dr4g0n
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
@Piggy: You're probably letting go of the B input too early. Input Lars' 1+2, then hold back. Wait for him to visually pull out of the second part of the move, then let go of the B, and input f4,1,2,1.

Obviously, the problem here is that you may be too late in inputting the f4,1,2,1 if you confirm it too late. It takes some practice. Get used to the timing, then it should be muscle memory.

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH
STK
7th Dan
PSN: SC_DTGC_STK
XBL: Southtown King
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dr4g0n
@Piggy: You're probably letting go of the B input too early. Input Lars' 1+2, then hold back. Wait for him to visually pull out of the second part of the move, then let go of the B, and input f4,1,2,1.

Obviously, the problem here is that you may be too late in inputting the f4,1,2,1 if you confirm it too late. It takes some practice. Get used to the timing, then it should be muscle memory.

anyone having problem with the follow up after B! 1+2~b,f4121? after wards i get nothing to "combo" any tips or is there an write up on the ttt2 wall combo game? i dont think i can wait for the luyg wall combo vid to drop.
Signature Last Wizard Of The Century...