Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
PSN: dropkick_br
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm trying to work on a universal character page inspired by this and combo page format and here's what I came up:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/...urnament_2/King

First, I brought down the character select menu. Much more cleaner to look at. (Inspired by usual wiki pages having their other links at the bottom)

Second, I deleted the "General Strategy" link and just put the overall character summary on the character page. I believe the reader should be given the general idea on how to play the character on the first link they click (which is the character page itself)...

Third, I reserved a Character specific Guide section, for those players who want to make a more in-depth FAQs for their character, whether it's gonna be a move-by-move analysis, king's multithrow chains, steve's DCK~cancelling tips, lei's stances, it's up to the players. I realized that not every character can get vast amount of care (and some characters needed more care than others), so I seperated the character specific guide to the regular links, so everything would be standardized, yet they could be taken care of.

Lasts, I put up a Strengths/Weakness, Top Moves, and Punishers table. On the bottom, we can talk about the character a little bit fuller, just like on that mycheats guide. I'll try to write for King and AK soon...

So yeah, please if there are any agreements, suggestion or complaints about the character page format, please post. I want to have a standard page that I could paste on other characters soon. I'm still working on the Combo page format (you could take a look on the King Combos link, and please feel free to give suggestions too...)
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
: Hey bro, not only that... both of us got future endeavored...
: This is some WCW sh*t going on... Who's booking this crap?
Bilal
Destroyer
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Amazing work DEATH! That's exactly what we're looking for a newcomer, having concise data to test and play the character just by looking at their introduction page with storyline as bonus . Since I'm new to TZ wiki, a few things regarding the layout:

1- Title (Tekken Tag Tournament 2/King) looks weird, can it be changed to 'King (TTT2)' or 'King (Tekken Tag Tournament 2)' if possible?
2- Contents table on the left and thumbnail on the right just by switching their places would be better.
3- Ideally, top 10 moves and punishers will link to respective moves in complete movelist for checking frame data and properties.

All right, I tried to make some changes to the layout. Although my formatting knowledge is inadequate, I tried to follow the layout I had in mind. How does that look?
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Castel's not a fan of the character select being on the bottom?
Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
^
^
^
I just saw the DJ page... It seems like it... I can understand why, but as of right now the menu is a bit too big (making the page look cluttered for some reason). I'll try to work a new format or fix the menu if I can...

BTW I finished the King and Armor King Summaries, those maining King and AK, please check for accuracy!
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
Bilal
Destroyer
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing about character select template being at the bottom. But like DEATH said, it's way to big to place at top in its current condition. Here one idea though, if anyone can execute it well on a wiki, how about have a drop down character select box at the top? I'm not sure if it's even possible to do so, but will be way cleaner and convenient. We can still have a full list at the bottom if needed.

Also, is there a reason to not keep TOC before contents (and on the left) for easier navigation (referring to DJ wiki page)?
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
I want to get rid of it (Contents box) personally, the page is not enough long enough to warrant it but the fucker stays there even If I delete it's little piece of coding. Oh and aligning it to the left (DJ page) moves the introduction sutff a bit more to the right and make's it all inconstant looking.
Castel
Sensei Zaibatsu
PSN: Castel
XBL: Castel 360
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
I am moving all the data links up the page (aka move the clear div down). Also see my post in the Frame Data thread please.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/...ment_2/Michelle
Signature The original Sensei Zaibatsu
Castel
Sensei Zaibatsu
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I am liking the break down/sub sectioning of the System FAQ on http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/...g_Tournament_2, can whoever did that fold in the Analysis section below (without losing page that have content) and then delete Analysis? It's sort of the same thing thing twice and looks a bit confusing to me.

I added some padding to the right of each column to the [edit] doesn't stick to the next column.
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
^
^
^
It's me again.. ;P

Honestly, I didn't remove the analysis section seeing that it has valuable frame datas... I'm thinking to make the "System FAQ" a more hand-on tutorial for newbies while making the "game system analysis" to be a bunch of raw data for more advanced players to look up. I plan to make a frame data page for generic attacks, wall jumps, a chart for tag launcher classes, generic tag throws, special tag throws and others that's already in the wiki. I'll probably gonna fix it to a more appropriate title/s to not make it confusing to the reader later...

BTW please read my other post on the other thread...
Castel
Sensei Zaibatsu
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Sounds good, but some relabeling will need to be done. Like 'Advanced System Analysis & Frame Data' or something along those lines. And remove the items covered above (Tagging Basics, Movement Primer, Damage Primer, etc...), others will need to be relabeled (all the 'Basics' ones)
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Question Guys...

Does Combot deserve it's own character page???
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm guessing so but it's going to be low priority (Along with Unknown) while we fill out the other playable characters.
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
BTW Space Trails, I just edited the anna page a bit... I just changed the format to the same style as the AK page... The info is still intact...
Castel
Sensei Zaibatsu
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
DEATH thanks... all other pages have not been uniformly updated to the discussed format (data that was there remains of course).

I also created a character sub page jump template that use parameters (so one template can be used for every character!)

So the top of a move list, combo page, frame etc.... should look something like this:

Code:

{{TTT2 Character Select}}
{| 
align="right"
__TOC__
|}
{{
TTT2 Character Jump|Alex|248}}

==
Move List Notes==

{{template name|parameter 1|parameter 2}}

parameter 1: is the character name as it appears on the character select, most of the time just the first name and in a few case (Armor King, Devil Jin, etc...) the full name. Check the top of character pages.

parameter 2: is the forum id (you can get this when you mouse over the forum link on the character gateway page.

To see this template in action see:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/.../Alex_Move_List
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/..._King_Move_List
Space Trails
4th Dan
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Is there a desirable limit to the length of the 'gameplay summary' ?

I feel these items are essential:

Punishers (covered)
Bound moves
Tag moves
Launchers
CH launchers
Natural Combos
Natural CH Combos
Homing Moves
Tracking Moves
Delayable strings
+ on hit/CH lows
Ground hitting Mids
High Crush Mids
Low Crush mids
Wall Splat moves

but have no problem creating a new page for listing them or whether some are felt to be character-front page worthy, or what-have-you.

Or a mini directory can be made and placed it the summary section, linking to pages for that info?
Signature giving a squirrel his cheese makes a mouse a nut
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
^
^
^

Please see this

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/...t_2/King_Combos

I plan to add Launchers, Bound, TA! fillers and Wallsplats (for wallsplat combos) there...

I haven't think about the total format yet... I'm trying to separate the solo combos and TA combos, which branches to different characters... But I'm still confused on what to do for the wall combos. I don't want to make the whole page extremely complicated...

And yeah... I totally forgot about tracking moves... That should be added in the main page...

About crushes, I think that should be in the movelist instead. But there's a info overload there right now... I'm trying to make some icons that's easy to see for the movelist...
Space Trails
4th Dan
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
@DTM

Also

jailing strings
uncounterable moves (knees, elbows, tails)
pickup moves (oki)

are noteworthy too.

Hit confirmable moves should have a place for each character, but that is a little tricky. There seems to not be a clear consensus on what is hit confirmable, whats practical, etc....

Here are some noodalls threads I found helpful:

hit confirm
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=116760

frame data thread
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=118876

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=114449
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=116430

and tyler2k youtube explanation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqdkveBtbJI

This is mach one's list from T6

judging by experience, i personally believe these moves to be hit confirmable (the confirmable point is indicated by either a "=" for normal input, or a "<" for delayable input)

Ak
1+2<2_4
CH b21=2

Asuka
3<1
b3<2_4
CH f1<4 (sparks= last hit blockable)
b2,1+2=4 (3rd hit confirmable, no special CH animation but 1st hit sparks on rage)

Bryan
f214
DF11112 (confirmable after 3rd hit?)
b1~21212121214 (confirmable after 3rd hit?)
CH 12=1_4
CH 32=1 (sparks on rage)
CH 43=4*_f4
CH d2<3 (sparks on rage)
CH d3+4,2=DB (enough time to cancel after you confirm it's NH, special CH animation)
CH b2<1
CH b3<21_4_1+2 (sparks on rage)

DJ
11<2
(1)1<2
12=2_4
f2<4
df4<4
b12=B (confirm otherwise to cancel)
(b24)2<1
bf2<1 (ironically not confirmable on CH)
ws1<2
CH df1<2
CH (b242)1<2
CH (bf2)1<2_d2 (sparks on rage)

Drag
(13)12=1
db2<1
ss2<3
CH 12=1
CH (1)3=121 (special CH animation)
CH (1)32=B (confirm otherwise to cancel, special CH animation)
CH f2<4 (special CH animation)
CH df1<4 (sparks on rage)
CH d41=3 (special CH animation)
CH (db2)1<2 (special CH animation, extremely hard but godly if mastered)
CH b42=1
CH (ss2)(1)+2<4 (sparks on rage)

Hei
11=2
12=2
df1<2
b1<2
CH 11<2

Kaz
11<2
(1)1<2
12=2_4
f1+2<2
df3<2
df4<4
b1<2
b2<4
(uf4)44=4
CH (3)1<4
CH (df3)2<1
CH (b3)14=1_3
CH uf44=44

King
CH (f2)22=B (confirm otherwise to cancel, sparks on rage)
CH df2<1 (sparks on rage)
CH b1<4
CH ff2<1 (sparks)

Kuma
1+2,1+2=1+2
uf34=1+2
FC,df12=1
CH f11=1
CH df12=12
CH FC,f12=f1_df1_d1
CH FC,df21=2

Law
11=2
2f2=2
f2f2=2
df12=2
df13=2
b1<2
ff2<1_3
qcf12<1
ws1<2 (hard)
DSS1<f1_4
BT2<2
CH 11=11,1_2
CH 12=2_3
CH 12=f22
CH (1)2f2=2
CH (12)f2<2_1+2
CH 22=1
CH (2)f2<2
CH 43=4
CH (f2)2<1
CH (f2)f2<2_1+2
CH df33=3_4 (sparks)
CH b1~2<2 (sparks on rage)
CH (b1)2<2
CH b2<2 (sparks on rage)
CH qcf12<12 (special CH animation)
CH (qcf12)1<2 (special CH animation)
CH ws1<2 (easy)
CH ss21=21
CH DSS(f2)2<1
CH DSS(f2)f2<2_1+2

Leo
f2<2
db1+2<1
b2<1
(f4_b3+4_etc)1<2
CH (1)21=1_4
CH (3)2<3
CH db2<2 (special CH animation)
CH ws1<4 (sparks on rage)
CH (ws1)4<1 (sparks on rage)
CH (charge)b31=2
CH (charge)db41=2

Lili
f3+4~3<4
(f3+4)~3<4
d2<2
b2<1
u3+4,3=3+4
uf4<3
uf3+4<3
qcf1<2
CH (3)2<3 (sparks on rage)
CH df4<4 (special CH animation)
CH BT4=3+4

Miguel
f3<4
f4<2 (extremely hard but godly if mastered)
CH b2<2
CH ff2<1
CH (SAV1)2<1

Paul
d4:2=1+2 (clean)
(qcb3)2<1_3
CH d4:2=1+2 (any range)
CH ff21=B (confirm otherwise to cancel, sparks on rage)
CH qcb32<1_3

Roger
f1+2=2
d1+2=1+2
ws3=3* (confirm to release)
b1+2,1+2=3+4
CH 12=1_2_3
CH (db4)34=3
CH (ub3)34=3
CH ws33=* (confirm to keep holding, sparks on rage)
b1+2,(1+2,3+4)34=3

Wang
ws2<2
CH 11=2
CH 4(4)=4_d4
CH (f4)1+2<2
CH df1<1 (sparks on rage)
CH d2<1+2 (sparks)
CH (ws2)2<2

this list is incomplete for i'm still learning other characters

Testing will probably have to wait till sept but maybe definitions and explanations can be cleared up?
Signature giving a squirrel his cheese makes a mouse a nut
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DEATH
I haven't think about the total format yet... I'm trying to separate the solo combos and TA combos, which branches to different characters... But I'm still confused on what to do for the wall combos. I don't want to make the whole page extremely complicated...

I don't think you have to branch out to different characters, just put down some notable Tag Assault fillers to use. Might have to specify when and where to use each individual move though since this does tend to vary due to 'combo distance' scaling (Is there a proper term or gauge for that? I mean where the more moves you have in the combo, the more unlikely it is to land certain moves later in the same combo.)

by the way, would this be considered 'extremely complicated?'

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/...evil_Jin_Combos

Oh and also, Castel up on the Wiki main page, underneath the 'Play Nice' section it says this:

The wiki has built-in tools to help authors protect their content and go back in history, but that does mean you should be trashing up the place.

DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
@baraka_FW How'd you do the arrow thingys??? Is it too much work???
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
They're all images so your using this for each part of the notation.

[[File:F.png]] = forward icon
[[File:b.png]] = back icon
[[File:6'.png]] = forward hold

etc. Thinking of scraping it though since they have this black background in all of them () and the names of some of the images are kinda jumbled.