Miharu Thread!

Page Splits 123>...12
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
First appearing as a clone of Xiaoyu in Tekken 4, Miharu is now her own character in TTT2. For the most part they are very similar to one another, including attack range, move speed and recovery, and damage. By request, this post is now updated with all of the discovered differences between them.

• She does not have Xiao's RDS f,f+3+4 layout. Instead, in a move called "Miharu's Attack" she throws her rump towards the opponent in a way that gives her a free RDS 1,4 wall splat combo starter for huge TA! damage near a wall if they do not tech the fall. Nothing is free if they do tech it left or right, or are not near a wall. It also has high crush frames for most of the first half of the animation.

This move recovers in RDS, is pretty slow, has zero tracking, and is -14 on block. Miharu does have the front layout, but of course that doesn't transition into an inescapable throw on a standing opponent like the RDS version.

• The FC d/f+4 minor low attack from Xiaoyu has been replaced by a full sweep that knocks down and leaves the opponent in PLD position. Called "Surprise Sweep", it has decent tracking to at least one side, it crushes all highs and even some mids. It is launch punishable on block.

Miharu recovers standing, and the opponent is able to move_attack almost right away. Miharu still has the AoP version of the old mini sweeps. Making use of this new move is perhaps the main reason to choose her over Xiaoyu.

• With the new "Doki Doki Elbow", she can optionally fake a Belly Chop into a crumple stun gut punch on normal hit by inputting d/f+1~f+1. This slow move crushes highs initially, and the stun can not be escaped. It also has some initial high crushing frames like the Belly Chop, but the attack comes out so slowly afterwards that you can't use it to dodge highs and get in a free stun.

On hit, she is able to ~5 tag her partner in for a red bar damaging combo if she chooses. It recovers at -14 and tracks decently to her left against side walkers, and tracks single steps pretty well both directions. Despite its name, this move can be parried/reversed just like any normal punch.

• The double high hits of b+4 for Miharu, which is called "Phoenix Twin Kicks", replaces the mid/high natural combo string of b+4,4 for Xiaoyu. It recovers in RDS unless you hold~b to recover forwards. This is Miha's i14 punisher, and is the version that Xiaoyu had in Tekken 4.

Unlike Xiao's current b+4,4 which recovers at +4 on hit, for Miha it is -2 facing forward and -1 in RDS. It has the same range and about the same damage as Xiao's current version, but more push back on block and hit.

It is unsafe on block no matter which way you recover (-14 in RDS, -17 facing forwards), though at the tip it is hard to fully reach her for some characters. The tracking on this move is excellent - if the first hit whiffs, the quick second attack will almost always connect.

• Inputting u/f+3+4 will execute the same Shooting Star triple kick attack that Xiao has, but Miharu recovers differently on hit. When it connects, she falls to the ground and slowly gets up, making it impossible to get a free 4~3 on opponent's who don't back tech roll. The exception is if you tag in after the hit during juggles with ~5 since the move still has B! properties.

• AoP 1+2 is the same attack as Xiaoyu's, but on block it has more push back for Miharu and recovers safely at -10 (Xiao's recovers at -1).

• Against opponents who stay on the ground, Miharu's d+4 will connect as a stomp instead of a poking low for good damage.

If the opponent rises during the animation (say, after a juggle that ends with a spike like f,f+1), this move will still hit as a low.It does not fully track side rollers, and whether it connects or not Miha will automatically giggle for a period of time, preventing any further significant okizeme.

If the opponent rises as she animates the stomp, they can launch her with anything with good range because even though there is a ton of push back, she recovers at -28 or worse on hit.

• Miharu has her own version of Xiaoyu's d/f+1+2 throw. Called "Miharu's Unlimited", pushes opponents away as she falls down, so no oki is possible. Also, unlike Xiao's version, this one does not switch places if you are trying to get away from a wall.

With Xiao as Miha's partner, you can ~5 tag throw to switch her in, meaning that Miharu can do red bar damage and safely tag out with the standard 2 tag throw as well as this 1+2 tag throw. Note that Xiaoyu will can not tag in Miharu if she inputs the command, and unlike Xiao's version you can not ~5 tag in Asuka and Lili.

• Speaking of throws, if Miharu brings in the duffel bag as an item, it allows her to input u+1+4 for a special 1+2 escape throw. She takes out her camera, forces the opponent to pose next to her as they hold up peace signs before they fall down for damage.

The advantage this 1+2 escape throw has over Xiao and Miha's d/f+1+2 throw is that it can be executed from FC, such as after you interrupt an opponent with d/b+1+2, or hit with a non-CH 4~3.

• Miharu has two adorable new 1+3+4 and 2+3+4 taunts.

• She also has her own, enthusiastic 1+2+3+4 Ki charge animation.

• Miha is neutral with everyone when it comes to activating Rage. Xiao gets Rage earlier/later than her with the following partners:

Likes (+1): Alisa, Heihachi, Jin, Lee, Panda, Wang
    Dislikes (-1): Anna, Asuka, Lili, Ogre
    Hates (-2): <no one>

Last edited by shauno on Dec 13th, 2012 at 00:45

Signature "Practice makes improvement - you can never be perfect"
yiggs
#STAYYIGGS
PSN: yiggs_au
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
yay :p!
Signature twitch.tv/yiggs | @yiggs | #BUFFLING
Blake
Xiaoyan
PSN: Blakid
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
I hope its true, but I wouldnt be surprised if its not
Signature Bishounen At Play

*PSYCHOKINETIC SYSTEM*
yiggs
#STAYYIGGS
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
nah it's true
MomoBunny
6th Dan
PSN: momoshards
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I so hope that Miharu is in, I would love if she brought back some of Xiao's old moves and played differently than Xiaoyu does now.
Signature ★ ☆ ★
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.abload.de/img/ttt2_secretlist_24ehjxh.jpg

Confirmed!

What old school Xiao stuff do you want Miharu to have? I hope she gets the WS+4, 4~3 combo, the CH RDS 2, RDS b+3 combo, f+3 Cloud Kick with its old high crush properties, give u+1+2,3+4 its SSR properties and low negative frames on block, and last but not least, a quick RDS low!!!
yiggs
#STAYYIGGS
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
BT ssr glitch lol
Blake
Xiaoyan
PSN: Blakid
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
lol she sure got big

Im thinking pallete swap though
Signature Bishounen At Play

*PSYCHOKINETIC SYSTEM*
MomoBunny
6th Dan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Miharu has her own space on the character selection screen according to some of the leaked pictures... also, nobody seems to be a palette swap in this game. Even Panda and Christie have their own spaces despite having almost no differences between them and their counterparts. Miharu on the other hand looks like she has a slightly different fighting stance from Xiaoyu, so I think it might be safe to assume that she'll differ from Xiao at least a little bit.
Signature ★ ☆ ★
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Harada said a long time ago that that the DLC characters won't be palette swaps.
7thFonon
Berserker
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Can't wait to actually play her... I'm guessing since Namco hasn't officially announced her, it won't be for a while until she is released.
Signature Play random or go home!
MomoBunny
6th Dan
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jF_nNecXoQ

Judging from this, I guess it's safe to say that Miharu won't be bringing Cartwheel Left back but she seems to have at least a couple of her own moves.
Signature ★ ☆ ★
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Interesting!

- When she did the 4~3, it looked like she may have gone to AoP before the AoP 4~3, but it is hard to see. At first I thought the sweep came from FC alone, which has a different animation than XIao's; I don't think it goes into RLX stance afterwards - she gets right up. I hope that new foot stomp after the sweep (which looks slightly faster than Xiao's d/b+4) is guaranteed. There may be an auto taunt after the stomp.

- She has a Get Off Me throw that looks to be a 1+2 escape. She falls to the ground, gets up and wipes herself off, so you can't follow up right away.

- The twisting elbow into an inescapable stun (on normal hit? :badboy may have been from RDS or some kind of stance - hard to say. Looks low enough to high crush and reminds me of Lei's Snake Stance 1+2. Her XMTS seems like it may recover faster than Xiao's. Her f+1+2 shoulder looks to have an auto-taunt after it hits.

- Naturally there is a team throw with Miha and Xiao.

- A new RDS booty bump move knocks away at the end of juggles, she stays in RDS. She has f+3,1 and RDS 2~2 B!.

- She has AoP u/f+3,1 B!, and Storming Flower (d/b+1) which makes her taunt after it finishes a juggle.

- Her round ending animation throws out a peace sign similar to T6 Xiao.

~~~

I hope Namco didn't overdo it with a ton of auto-taunts after her successful attacks, that is unless her speed, safety, evasion and damage output is so insane that they had to figure out some way to calm her down.
7thFonon
Berserker
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
the auto-taunts might be like Xiao's CH d/b+1, where you can cancel out of it immediately. At least I would hope. lol, that would be pretty lame if you gotta sacrifice oki every time for Miharu to do her taunts.
Signature Play random or go home!
yiggs
#STAYYIGGS
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Aside from the stuff shown by harada :
She has old b+4 (the useless 2 hit high kick)
when she does u/f+3+4, she falls on her ass if it hits
Some of her throws are different
the stomp she has isn't d/b+4 because she has ling's d/b+4
she can cancel the d/f+1 animation into RDS and instantly recover to do RDS 1
yiggs
#STAYYIGGS
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
She also has a new low from HYP (i think it's HYP 3). It looks like feng's b+4 foot slap thing but low and to the feet.
she still has the normal aop 4~3, so the low sweep thing is a different move

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...-ttt2-disc.html
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
The old b+4,4 was good as a -14f punisher, but nothing else.

Looks like the sweep is from FC like Kunimitsu. The stomp did an auto-taunt on whiff . And from RDS there is that crazy slow, new elbow thingee with a lot of push back and good range.

For the most part it seems that Namco didn't tweak her too much unless a lot of properties are different. That's fine though - after all these years we finally get a Xiao clone.
yiggs
#STAYYIGGS
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
I hope her taunt hits...
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Here's a new video of her (2nd half) where 99% of the moves she uses are Xiao's. However at the end she shows off a new grab that is hands down the best throw in the game.

Miharu
gondee
War Lord
PSN: gondeeSSX
XBL: gondeeSSX
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by shauno
Here's a new video of her (2nd half) where 99% of the moves she uses are Xiao's. However at the end she shows off a new grab that is hands down the best throw in the game.

Yeah, that's easily the best.
Signature : $300,000 for a bra? No wonder I'm jiggling all over the place! o_0