The Official TTT2 Wiki Project Discussion Thread

Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Bilal
Destroyer
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
<<<< IF WE WANT TO ATTRACT NEW PLAYERS, WE NEED TO BUILD TEKKEN TAG 2 WIKI NOW! >>>>

Spread the word! Please link this thread on other sub-forums and threads for people who don't visit TTT2 GD very often.

Since it has been months without any substantial work on TZ wiki, this thread would probably motivate people to share their ideas and do some actual work. The majority of TZ Tekken wiki contains absolutely no useful information apart from some technical frame data. To get everyone started, let's define some basic goals here:

1- This project will suit all kind of players, it does not matter whether you are a casual player interested in customisations or more interested in intricacies and technicalities of the game, you have something to contribute. I, for one, have absolutely no idea what kind of new costumes and hair-style were introduced in TTT2/TTT2:U and/or any changes made to overall customisation system; therefore it will be nice to have people who are passionate and knowledgeable about these things.

2- I understand it will be hard for moderators to devote extra time in addition to their unpaid moderation on TZ, so we have to do most of the work ourselves. Although, it would be nice to have moderators review the work from time to time and make appropriate adjustments.

3- Ideally, we would like to reach at a stage where layout should be on par with (if not better than) Tekkenpedia. I sent a message to Castel about inviting their regular contributors to work on TZ wiki because they are, without a doubt, much more knowledgeable about wikis than an average TZ user. I'm still waiting for the reply and will update accordingly.

(This post will be periodically updated with new information (and deletion if necessary), so please do not quote as it may become irrelevant in the future! Please point out any mistakes and I will amend them as soon as possible)

Last edited by Bilal on Jun 24th, 2012 at 22:10

Bilal
Destroyer
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Starter's Guide

1- Please request a TZ wiki account by visiting http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Main_Page and click on Log in / Create Account in the top-left corner. It seems as if accounts are being manually approved at the moment, but this will hopefully change in the future.

2- Please watch the following video to get a better understanding of editing a wiki:

How to Edit a Wikipedia Article

3- If you are familiar with the basic concepts, here is the place for advance formatting:

Tekken Wiki Project

4- Please be polite and respectful to other contributors as they are also devoting their valuable time and energy to realise a common goal.

5- If you are not completely sure about something such as frame-data or other technical jargon, please discuss and test such things before changing it on the wiki. On the other hand, if you notice an obvious typographical, spelling, formatting, command error; it would be better to change it yourself than bringing it to the attention of other users.

(This post will be periodically updated with new information (and deletion if necessary), so please do not quote as it may become irrelevant in the future! Please point out any mistakes and I will amend them as soon as possible)

Last edited by Bilal on Jun 24th, 2012 at 22:54

Bilal
Destroyer
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Started 24/06/2012

This will take some time because we only have a handful of registered users on TZ wiki, so please register as soon as possible. I registered and confirmed my e-mail address this morning and still waiting for approval e-mail. I believe we should start the project by dividing it into smaller steps/stages and complete one step before moving on to the next. The step does not have to be perfectly completed as their is always room for improvement and new data/changes will be discovered along the way. But remember, it is MUCH better to have something for every character than having all the data for 10 characters and nothing for the rest. Here is our first step and it will be marked as completed once all characters are done:

1- Create a profile/bio page for your main character(s) and also post a complete movelist (without frame-data). This is fairly simple and easy part as you can simply copy and past all the information from BR profile and movelist data and add new information you have come across while reading TTT2 character forums. If some characters profile and movelist pages are void of any information by the end of the week, do a copy/paste for their pages as well. More information will be added for those characters once more people register on TZ wiki who main those characters.

I have no idea how to handle customisation, especially character-specific customisation pages, but it will most likely be a continuous project. If you have any suggestions, please PM me or post them in this thread!

Last edited by Bilal on Jun 24th, 2012 at 23:11

Bilal
Destroyer
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Reserved!
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
You done? ahah

Well anyways, anyone in the mood for contributing frame data? As in getting the data from inatekken wiki and adding them in. (yes yes, subject to change and testing but it's nice to have a base no?) Here's the code you want to use If you want to help out.

Code:

{| class="wikitable sortable" align=center width=50style="background:Beige;color:black;"

|+ style="font-weight:bold;"|*CHARACTER NAME HERE*
|- 
   ! 
style="background:black;color:white;"Command

style="background:Navy;color:white;"Speed

style="background:brown;color:white;"Guard

style="background:brown;color:white;"Hit 

style="background:brown;color:white;"CH
|-
notation here* || *startup frames here* || *frames on block* || *frames on hit* || *frames on CH*
|}

After that just hit enter after imputing the CH data then add a new line with "|-" then another line of this:

Code:

| *notation here* || *startup frames here* || *frames on block* || *frames on hit* || *frames on CH*

You can see how easy this is on the Devil Jin's page. Just click the edit page feature to see how I did it.

Frame data format discussion thread: (If you want to offer suggestions or something)
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=123964
Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
Bilal
Destroyer
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
^ Yeah, just spent a few minutes to get people started as people will most likely be visiting TTT2 forums than some obscure TZ Wiki they've never heard about. I deliberately avoided frame data and ina-tekken wiki at this stage because we should start from basic and work our way to the advance stuff. More people will be able to help compile simple thing like bio and English movelist than decipher Japanese notations and paste frame data.

By the way, I already linked TZ wiki sub-forum in my second post and suggested people to visit that for formatting and layout ideas. Your layout and sorting feature looks absolutely fantastic. I will brainstorm and do some testing once my wiki account is approved.

In fact, once basic movelist is done, I'm thinking about adding an evasion (sidestep/sidewalk LR) column but this can only be done by people who have access to TTT2:U because T6 evasion properties are quite different. I'm also not sure how consistent it is at the moment.
OUTBREAK_YOKO
War Lord
PSN: XaingCass1
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Bilal

The Wiki account link is broken.
Signature TEKKEN 6 ASUKA COMBO ACT VOL. 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkJJ9ZhmX7I
TEKKEN 6 COMBO ACT VOL. 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CeTbDQcyyY
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/#!/YoshiKatYoko
Bilal
Destroyer
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
^ Fixed, thanks!
OUTBREAK_YOKO
War Lord
PSN: XaingCass1
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey Bilal I'm creating my account but it keep on saying Incorrect or Missing Confirmation Code. Help? (noob here)
Signature TEKKEN 6 ASUKA COMBO ACT VOL. 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkJJ9ZhmX7I
TEKKEN 6 COMBO ACT VOL. 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CeTbDQcyyY
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/#!/YoshiKatYoko
Bilal
Destroyer
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
^ There is a random Tekken related question at the bottom of the page, did you answer it?
SparklyUnicorns
Deity
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Registrations seem to be broken. It told me that Kazuya is the incorrect answer to "Who is Jin's father?" and that Heihachi is the incorrect answer to "Who is Kazuya's father?"
Bilal
Destroyer
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Sparkly and Outbreak, I think it probably doesn't work if you follow a direct link to the registration page, which is weird. I, then, went back to the main wiki page, tried registering another test account and it worked. Try visiting http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Main_Page and click on Log in / Create Account in the top-left corner.

Thanks for your enthusiasm and support, just the thing we need!
SparklyUnicorns
Deity
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Ahh you're right, that did it. Weird that it works that way. Can't wait for my account to be activated. I'm looking forward to helping in any way that I can
zodiac
1st Dan
PSN: sleeplessdragn
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
I would suggest using

http://tkmove.com/

instead of copying BR data over. I requested an account a few days ago hoping to just fill out every character's movelist using that, then fill out frame data from inatekken.
Bilal
Destroyer
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
You are absolutely right, tkmove does have updated movelist for all characters in TTT2:U. But it is not possible to simply copy and paste all the data from their website or iPhone/Android application. It is definitely helpful to identify and add new/modified moves, but it can't be used as the main source right now.
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Bumping the thread since a few of you just got their accounts approved onto the wiki. Welcome aboard.
Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
Bilal
Destroyer
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Baraka
Bumping the thread since a few of you just got their accounts approved onto the wiki. Welcome aboard.

*Checks user list on wiki* .....................

Awesome! I actually saw this a couple of days ago, but was too busy to start the work. My PM to Castel is still unreplied, but I will PM other users who registered along with me just as a reminder. It's already past mid-night here, so I will update the thread tomorrow morning along with complete character list and person(s) currently handling the data for him/her.

I would personally like this thread to be stickied, but there are too many stickies in TTT2 GD already and I don't know how much more attention it can garner by being stickied. Let's just hope more people notice the thread, register and then start contributing to TZ wiki as soon as possible.
AZYG4LYFE
Play FFRK
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Cheers, considering I receive large sums of email from here I'm glad I checked this thread

I posted a question in the wiki forum, don't really wanna repeat it here

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=123964

AZ
Signature Currently playing (addicted to) FFRK. Global Friend ID: GBNP JP Friend ID: QZseY
Twitter:@AZYG4LYFE Please PM or tweet me if you have any questions/issues! ラッキークロエ twitch.tv/AZYG4LYFE

DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
PSN: dropkick_br
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Just posted a topic on he wiki section about the character page format... I need overall consensus before I work to other characters...
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
: Hey bro, not only that... both of us got future endeavored...
: This is some WCW sh*t going on... Who's booking this crap?
3L1
PSN: TKM_3L1
XBL: Threeli
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Got the whole day free, got my coffee, got some tunes, now just waiting for my account approval to get crackin...