Who's your partner and why?

Page Splits <1234>...8
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
ashinomori
Lone Wolf
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Xel: yeap, as yoko mentioned, asuka's f2 doesn't hit grounded. they took this one out since t6br.however if the opp's lying sideways, f2 will hit.

jun's f2 hits grounded.
Signature : Conqueror
: Master
: Marauder
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm going to go with Asuka and Lei, because she's my main and he plays so different it'll be a lot of fun to learn!

Tried Lili but she's a bit too typical I think, also as a bonus Lei and Asuka get along good in the allegiance charts. Plus in theory her combo fillers should really help Lei in his juggling, also his aggressive mixup game is really refreshing after playing the turtle all day

Although I've been trying dragonov too, that guy is like a god in this game jesus.

Last edited by Skeering on Jul 17th, 2012 at 00:19

Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...
soulmaster1122
Expert
PSN: tekkn6
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Dilly
With Asuka having an obscenely strong keep-out game

Dump question how can be Asuka That Good on Keep-out ? : |
Signature :Wait, Ogre!? Didn't I kill him in Tekken 3?Didn't I kill him in Devil Within?if I did then Why is he still alive?
: You bashed Heihachi's head through a stone wall and he survived an explosion. How do you explain THAT?
Mingriah
Make TZ Great Again
PSN: mingriah
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by soulmaster1122

Strong crushes and CH's I guess?
Signature Please; call me FreeChaolan

Apparently Eliza's not in TTT2 because drunk Japanese can go super saiyan.

that feel when...laggy TV
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
PSN: DancesWithNoobs
XBL: DancesWithNoobs
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by soulmaster1122

Because she's one of the most evasive characters in the game.

She beats highs cleanly with d/b+1, d/b+2, d/b+4, d+4, d/f+3, f,f+3, 3~4, b+1, FC d/f+2, and ws+3.
Semi-beats highs: f+1+2 and f+2
Beats some mids: b+1 and d/b+2
Murders lows with: d+3+4, 3+4, u/f+4, b+3, u/f+3.
Huge SS with SS+2
Unbreakable punch parry with 2+3 (and she can combo off it)
CH game is fierce with a 11frame magic 4, i15 b+4, u/f+3, f+1,d+4 into free damage, d+2, FC d/f+2~cc~d/f+2.

Only a fool pit bulls against asuka. She's got every tool needed to make you stay away, and she has launching options vs both highs and lows. Obviously some of these tools crush later than others, but an example is how d+3+4 & 3+4 crush on the 5th frame and d/b+2 crushes on the 3rd. You have to really think before you act against her for this reason.

Last edited by Dilly on Jul 26th, 2012 at 03:22

Signature Need the hook-up on cable service? Get at me.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=124372
Yuki Hime
RISA~CHAN :3
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
with Lili cos of her wall damage!
Signature

Sachiko
ashinomori
Lone Wolf
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
ss2 aint that great anymore. the sidestep property of the ss2 has been decreased significantly.
even after 1,1,3, a ss2 follow up is not really possible.
Signature : Conqueror
: Marauder
OUTBREAK_YOKO
War Lord
PSN: XaingCass1
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
No, it still remained the same. It has a bigger evasive window actually, from DR. You do it SS,n,+2.

The downfall is, the speed of the move itself is toned done because of the SS. When you press 2 early, you get a crap evasion. If you want to take risks, then do SS,n,+2 , but chances is that you'll be interrupted.
Signature TEKKEN 6 ASUKA COMBO ACT VOL. 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkJJ9ZhmX7I
TEKKEN 6 COMBO ACT VOL. 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CeTbDQcyyY
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/#!/YoshiKatYoko
pIchu
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
If you opponent does anything without tracking properties after a blocked f+1,3 and/or it's variations, SS 1+2 works a treat. SS+2 can be pretty risky.
SPAG3Tii
4th Dan
PSN: x_SPAG3Tii_x
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Asuka and Devil Jin is my team.

Dj's safe mid poking game will help keep my opponent ducking. So I can use Asuka's f+4 etc. easily.
He also has some good crushes: uf+3, uf+4 crush lows
u+4 crushes lows in some frames and high in others.
In TTT1: Jun and Jin had a special tag throw where she'd do her b+1+2~5 and Jin would do his stonehead.(works vice versa)
Does this still work?
Dj and Asuka also both have the same df+2+3, perhaps they have a special tag throw from it?
And maybe a tag reversal?
Mills McDougle
sunstone.
PSN: McAnica
XBL: mcdouglr
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Some of the posts in here are making me want to put my Asuka back in the workshop. So many ideas!

Dilly: Is f+1, d+4 free on CH since T6 or is that new to TTT2? I never knew that.

As far as partners go, the obvious one is Asuka/Jun. I don't know much about Jun but it's the most brainless of pair-ups due to their similarities as characters. It'll be fun dressing them up as similarly as possible and playing their differences accordingly.

Asuka/Zafina: I'm a very defensive player by nature, and Zafina plays best waiting for opportunities to strike. That and she has some seriously fun CH potential and paired up with the heavy damage and oki, these will be right at home for me.

Asuka/Leo: For TTT2 I decided that I wanted to at least partially venture into the higher tier, offensive territory so I have been trying to learn Leo recently. In fact I only heard that she was as high ranked as she is in TTT2 recently, so that's more incentive to pick her up. Also, her f,f+2 is my God.
Signature Team WeCantPlayGames (X360)
Now recruiting! Post here if you're interested!

Bro, do you even play?
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
PSN: DancesWithNoobs
XBL: DancesWithNoobs
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mills McDougle
Some of the posts in here are making me want to put my Asuka back in the workshop. So many ideas!

Dilly: Is f+1, d+4 free on CH since T6 or is that new to TTT2? I never knew that.

As far as partners go, the obvious one is Asuka/Jun. I don't know much about Jun but it's the most brainless of pair-ups due to their similarities as characters. It'll be fun dressing them up as similarly as possible and playing their differences accordingly.

Asuka/Zafina: I'm a very defensive player by nature, and Zafina plays best waiting for opportunities to strike. That and she has some seriously fun CH potential and paired up with the heavy damage and oki, these will be right at home for me.

Asuka/Leo: For TTT2 I decided that I wanted to at least partially venture into the higher tier, offensive territory so I have been trying to learn Leo recently. In fact I only heard that she was as high ranked as she is in TTT2 recently, so that's more incentive to pick her up. Also, her f,f+2 is my God.

f+1, d+4 has be NCc since T6. I found that out by mistake.

If you got aim or MSN, I'd be happy to share notes with you though. You'd be surprised at some of the random shit I've discovered with the girl.
Signature Need the hook-up on cable service? Get at me.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=124372
Mills McDougle
sunstone.
PSN: McAnica
XBL: mcdouglr
#33 “Quote” Edit Post

If you got aim or MSN, I'd be happy to share notes with you though. You'd be surprised at some of the random shit I've discovered with the girl.

Skype?
Signature Team WeCantPlayGames (X360)
Now recruiting! Post here if you're interested!

Bro, do you even play?
LawrenceW
Fujin
#34 “Quote” Edit Post

Let us share notes then!
Signature "Five albums, a hundred songs, and you ain't got no fuckin Yee -- I bet you got some J-Kwon. You ain't got no fuckin' Yeezy?!"

I've grabbed a lot of men in my life. but, none of them were as hard as PaulZ. - Lingmassacre
(CHI) holli
Legend
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
For those playing Asuka / Leo, I found a super damaging wall combo for big bodies that's pretty consistent (from what I can tell in my short time testing)

Asuka : Leo

combo, w! 21,1+2, TA! f4, knk cd cancel, ws141, db43, dash 1+4,24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-obokB2KwY

combo in action

I apologize if this is known

also quality

Last edited by (CHI) holli on Sep 14th, 2012 at 20:31

Signature asuka user
MrSwatchWatch
Kyu
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
What do you guys think of Asuka/Michelle? I feel like michelle can rushdown pretty well and asuka is solid enough to back her up. Thoughts?
Signature Main: Michelle
Alt:
Learning others
trm89jkd
Shihan
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Jun, because they seem to share similar moves and I'm way too lazy to learn another character at the moment.
ramonpe
1st Dan
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Bryan, they are husband and wife...and Bryan is my best character and I like Asuka ...easy combos..
Signature I īM A REAL BRYAN FAN, THE REST OF MY LIFE

[img]http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/ 268421_246291848719847_100000171009509_1183947_726
9755_n.jpg[/img]
General Mustang
Destroyer
PSN: Jitsuyo_Teki__
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MrSwatchWatch
What do you guys think of Asuka/Michelle? I feel like michelle can rushdown pretty well and asuka is solid enough to back her up. Thoughts?

Yeah, this team is pretty good. Michelle actually gets a lot of damage off from Asuka's launchers. Asuka can get decent damage off of Michelle's launchers as well. They are both really good at whiff punishing with Michelle's f+3~1_d,df,1_ff+1_3~4,1 and Asuka's f+2_ff+2,1_f+1+2_uf+4. Also, both of them are terrors at the wall and have good oki. They both have a good FC game (Michelle's being more than good) and Michelle actually has better lows than Asuka which makes up for Asuka's lack of good lows. Asuka can also make up for Michelle's unsafe game with her safe, defensive game. Michelle can make up for Asuka's lack of offense with her own good offense. Overall, they both complement each other and they are a really good team. Late response, I know. LOL

But, anyways my team for now is Asuka/Jun for obvious reasons. Jin is my secret project at the moment and when I do learn him, he will be teamed with Asuka. Then, I will know how to use ALL of the Kazamas. Mwahahahahaha! Even though Jin is more on the Mishima side, but meh. >>

Last edited by General Mustang on Jan 22nd, 2013 at 12:13

Signature <3
AncientOgreBro
4th Dan
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm currently using Ancient Ogre (Point) and Asuka (Second). I find that i can do alot more damage when Asuka is the one bounding, but so far I've been unable to use Asuka at point effectively.

Usually my combo's go like this:

Asuka: DF+2 (can usually replace this with other launchers such as D3+4, UF4, F+2, etc),UF+3, 2,1,1+2B! AO: UF+4,3, 3+4,Asuka: Run forward (obviously easier if it's near a wall or on a stage with walls) F+1+2 usually does around 80ish-100 damage (don't have access to the game at time of writing this comment, will update when i do).