Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
psylence
Iron Fist God
PSN: compsyguy
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by WeaponX
really that sucks. Well then run up and d32 him.

about the nerfs on 432 and 332, it does matter because good players will low parry the second hit anyways.

They won't always low parry the second hit of 4,3,2. OP and Dioxin use those fairly often and don't get low parried. Since Nina can safely(ish) spam her magic 4, the low won't come out very often...

But I still think the buff to d+3,2 more then makes up for the nerf to 4,3,2. You're still not going to be eating much more damage against most of the cast...

I don't think I know anyone that uses 3,3,2...
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
PSN: Galen-SDT
XBL: Galen SDT
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Roarz!

I think you could get away with 4,3 plenty often. Just don't do it every time.
Signature In iWS1 I trust!
Battle Jitni- @Galen: (imagine that's a middle finger instead)
Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
After using lots of magic 4s, they might try to duck and launch Nina with a WS+2 type of move. That is when it is time to use 4,3,2! Same idea as with df+3,2 and df+3,2,d+3,2.

Too bad those moves are -13 now though. I might start doing 4, d+3,2 and df+3,2, d+3,2 instead of 4,3,2 and df+3,2,d+3,2. By using the d+3,2 string instead of 4,3,2 and df+3,2,d+3,2, Nina gives them more frames to hit a button to get the counter-hit property.

df+1,2 is much more powerful now, too, since Nina can do df+1,2, d+3,2, crushing any jabs or whatever they do, except hop kicks or jumping attacks, or fast mids like their df+1.

d+3,2 VS grounded is probably what I will also use, since they took out QCF+2. I wonder if she could do d,DF+4, VS rolling SSup~d+3,2, 1+4 (B!), iWS+1 (x#)?

Last edited by forest16 on May 3rd, 2012 at 12:33

Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Forest
Namco didn't take away STFU, it's still in the game.
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
I think I read that they made QCF+1 easier to combo off of? And db+2 is safe now? They could have just made the safe db+2 not launch on counter-hit and leave QCF+2 as it was, maybe -12.
psylence
Iron Fist God
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Forest, STFU is way better as a mid safe, wall splatting non-launching move. No one used it as a standing launcher since she had better options. I don't remember seeing you use it ever during any of your matches.

If they made STFU -12 and still launch it would basically be the same as qcf+1 against standing opponents, but 1 frame more punishable.
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by psylence
Forest, STFU is way better as a mid safe, wall splatting non-launching move. No one used it as a standing launcher since she had better options. I don't remember seeing you use it ever during any of your matches.

If they made STFU -12 and still launch it would basically be the same as qcf+1 against standing opponents, but 1 frame more punishable.

Couldn't have agreed more, except STFU was -10 on block in BR
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Nobody uses db+2 or QCF+1. I always used QCF+2 VS grounded.

Nobody answered my question about the combos from QCF+1.
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by forest16
I think I read that they made QCF+1 easier to combo off of? And db+2 is safe now? They could have just made the safe db+2 not launch on counter-hit and leave QCF+2 as it was, maybe -12.

STFU is useless in T6 and is quite linear when it comes to side rolling characters

about qcf+1 yeah it is easier now to do combos with it

And as of db+2 let's take a look at Anna's qcf+1

15frames
+3 on block
Launches on CH

db+2 and Anna's qcf+1 are sorta compatiable. I don't think Namco would take away KZD status away of db+2.
Max Payne.
dreep
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: dreep-
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Forest, STFU

with stfu nina now has a safe wall splat mid move, although she can do a hit confirm with B+3 which deals more damage, but the animation of stfu makes it better since it looks like shes is going for a low, same for d/b+2. I also didnt use stfu that much back at T6 since d/f3 sometimes doesnt hit the opponent

and also dont assume that everyone plays nina the same way you do, I use QCF+1. I usually do ss+1~QCF+1. ss1 leaves your opponent guessing since a lot of moves cant be interrupted after ss1 so just do mixups.

More safe moves after ss+1 is always good news for nina
Signature Im an immortal
I have inside me the blood of kings

~~<BxT> NinoniN ~~
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Johnnay STFU is useless in T6 and is quite linear when it comes to side rolling characters
Hitting grounded and doing over 100 points with a wallsplat is quite useless, I have to agree.

Originally posted by Johnnay about qcf+1 yeah it is easier now to do combos with it
Like what?

Originally posted by Johnnay And as of db+2 let's take a look at Anna's qcf+1

15frames
+3 on block
Launches on CH

db+2 and Anna's qcf+1 are sorta compatiable. I don't think Namco would take away KZD status away of db+2.
You did not disagree with me that nobody uses db+2 though, I noticed. Maybe if they made it faster? Maybe if it hit grounded? Avoided highs? Launched on normal hit?

Comparing a move that is in the mid 20s, 24 frames, I think, off the top of my head, and another that is 15 frames is not possible. And Anna is a completely different character. How about comparing Kazuya's EWGF to Anna's QCF+1 next?
dreep
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: dreep-
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
I use d/b2 specially for those who usually backdash/sidestep
Signature Im an immortal
I have inside me the blood of kings

~~<BxT> NinoniN ~~
psylence
Iron Fist God
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Hitting grounded and doing over 100 points with a wallsplat is quite useless, I have to agree.

STFU still does good wall damage and hit grounded in TTT2U. Now its safe and doesn't launch on normal hit.

You did not disagree with me that nobody uses db+2 though, I noticed. Maybe if they made it faster? Maybe if it hit grounded? Avoided highs? Launched on normal hit?

No one used db+2 in T6 because it was -13 and she had 1+4 which covered more options and was faster. In TTT2U db+2 covers more range then 1+4 and is a true homing move. People can now sidewalk 1+4 to the right a lot easier then in T6.
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by psylence
STFU still does good wall damage and hit grounded in TTT2U. Now its safe and doesn't launch on normal hit.

No one used db+2 in T6 because it was -13 and she had 1+4 which covered more options and was faster. In TTT2U db+2 covers more range then 1+4 and is a true homing move. People can now sidewalk 1+4 to the right a lot easier then in T6.

STFU doesn't launch on either NH or CH in TTT2

and db+2 in T6 was -11 on block not -13
Max Payne.
psylence
Iron Fist God
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Johnnay
STFU doesn't launch on either NH or CH in TTT2

and db+2 in T6 was -11 on block not -13

By 'normal hit' I meant against standing opponents

And I totally read the wrong line for db+2
Evil_Nurse_Anna
Virtuoso
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
honestly iam not a big fan of Db2 because for me its too slow...but...i have to learn to love this move for its tracking properties,long range, launch on CH and safe...adding up this move recently got me promoted!

----does Qcf+4,2 hit confirmable? people are getting used to this move and docking on the 2"high"

Last edited by Evil_Nurse_Anna on May 5th, 2012 at 18:05

jamiet13
5th Dan
PSN: Jamietaylor123
XBL: Jamietaylor123
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
@Evil_Nurse_Anna
I haven't played the game so I can't really say, but from all the video's I have seen qcf+4,2 doesn't look hit confirmable.
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
It's HC

It doesn't jail on block unfournately
Max Payne.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
How many frames is it? Judging from how it must be done through her roll dash, it is probably a total of at least 18 frames, I would assume?
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
according to inatekken its around 17frames but it could be 18.
Max Payne.