Tekken X Street Fighter for PS4...???

Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
CARZ
Virtuoso
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
I've been thinking and after checking some information it seems like PS4 is around the corner, and to me it seems pretty obvious that TTT2 will be the last Tekken game for PS3.

What do you guys think?
Signature I still believe Tekken 3 is the best Tekken.
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
PSN: MoneyIncUSMCOgre
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
It'll be on PS3.

/thread
Signature The search for equality is a search for the lowest common denominator...
CARZ
Virtuoso
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
So, how are u so sure that TKxSF will be for PS3?
Raimei
Raijin
PSN: sho00shii
XBL: JP PSN: TOKYOLEGENDx
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I wouldn't believe the rumors about the PS4. The PS3 is still going strong, and will remain that way for another 2 and half years or so. Just because there's a new Nintendo Wii or new Xbox supposedly coming out doesn't mean that Sony will hop on the bandwagon so soon. It was necessary for Nintendo to drop something new because the Wii isn't all that great, and for Microsoft, the Xbox 360 is crap, more or less in terms of reliability.
pcmacro
Crackers for Trolls
PSN: pcmacro
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CARZ
So, how are u so sure that TKxSF will be for PS3?

I think it is just wayyyy to early to say if it will be on PS3 or on PS4 just for the fact that we have no idea when the game will be release.

Considering there are no images of the game in even beta form, I am guessing it will be a while before we see TxSF.
CARZ
Virtuoso
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Eitherway, PS4 release should be around the TKxSF...!
SSJ4_Vegita
Party in my pants
PSN: VeggyUK
XBL: VeggyUK
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
TxSF will be on current gen consoles (360/PS3) and probably the Wii U, Harada has already hinted at this

/thread
Signature If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button.
kuni_hwoarang
Masks are hot.
PSN: kunibob
XBL: kunibob
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Aside from the fact that I default to taking Ogre's word on anything Sony-related, I'd bet money that it'll be on PS3 and not PS4. While I'm not sure of the logistics of the business deal between Capcom & Namco, it would be a pretty poor decision to have one of the crossovers on PS3 (an established console) and the other on PS4 (a new box); the discrepancies between established player base/market and dev costs are so significant that one team would be swallowing way more overhead than the other. I could be wrong, based on how the business relationship works (if they're splitting dev costs and profits 50/50, things might be different, but I seriously doubt that's the deal.) Also, the market for SF & Tekken are both established on PS3, so it's safer to release where the market is. Cross-developer titles like this are pretty risky as it is, and I can't see them being greenlit without a rock solid, practically-guaranteed business plan.
Signature ^^^^^^^
This post is 99% likely to be sarcastic.
Suzaku
Just win, baby
PSN: Suzaku4
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
I didn't even realize Playstation 4 was going to come out within the next few years. I haven't heard anything about it though I haven't looked very hard.
Signature

F ALL FOREVER
The Game
EMP The Game
PSN: DsSGame
XBL: TheSynGame
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
They haven't even started with TxSF yet. I wouldn't be surprised, if PS4 does become a reality, it will come out around that time.
Signature <pukey>: ddp had a better flair
Champion Law of America
Team USA
Top Tier DJ strat:
I'm new to the game but i find that the best way to win is to use f+3 then keep on using 3+4, f+1+2 until there dead.
Mad Hittman
The Grammaton Cleric
PSN: Mad_Hittman
XBL: HE IS IN RED HEALTH!
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Do you guys even know if TSF will be released before Tekken 7??

But on the other hand, Harada said (in that funny interview with Lion-O) that T7 won't be out for the next 25 years, so...

So far there were:

T1, T2, T3 - PS One
TTT, T4, T5 - PS2
T6 (soon to be released) TTT2 - PS3

So following this logic at least one more Tekken game will be released on the PS3

Peace
Signature They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Guc edited my signature, and I can do nothing abou- I HAVE RETURNED!!!
The Game
EMP The Game
PSN: DsSGame
XBL: TheSynGame
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
you forgot hybrid
Signature <pukey>: ddp had a better flair
Champion Law of America
Team USA
Top Tier DJ strat:
I'm new to the game but i find that the best way to win is to use f+3 then keep on using 3+4, f+1+2 until there dead.
Tekken7onPS4
6th Dan
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken X Street Fighter will be on PS3.

However, Tekken 7 will be on PS4.
Not_Available
Master
PSN: Mc_T-W-A-T-T
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Alright, this is sort of off topic but I heard a rumor that Sony made an announcement that the PS4 will lock every disc on the console you played it on first. Which means that if you buy T7 for example, you will only be able play that disc on your console (unless you tried it out somewhere else first), and not anywhere else, which means you won't be able to rent/lend/sell/buy used games anymore.
Again, this is only a rumor I heard but given the Ps3 didn't do as well as expected I fear it might be true.
Sammo
Kyu
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Why would it be on the PS4? The game is created on current gen technology. Makes no sense to release it on the PS4, which I don't think there is one. Not yet at least.
soulmaster1122
Expert
PSN: tekkn6
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
PS4 is jumping the gun that's all i can say...
Signature :Wait, Ogre!? Didn't I kill him in Tekken 3?Didn't I kill him in Devil Within?if I did then Why is he still alive?
: You bashed Heihachi's head through a stone wall and he survived an explosion. How do you explain THAT?
AAK
Procrastekkenator
PSN: AAK0924
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
PS4 will probably come out in 2016 or 2017. I expect TxSF to come some time before that. Probably in late 2014 or 2015.
Skkra
Now maining Zafina
PSN: Skkra
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
There is really no need for a PS4 for several more years. What is really going to get better? The graphics are already fine. Most games that come out today are shallow garbage anyways; developers should be concentrating on gameplay rather than waiting for the chance to cram a few more polygons on screen.
Signature "Playing Tekken sober is about as much fun as fishing."
- Catlord
kuni_hwoarang
Masks are hot.
PSN: kunibob
XBL: kunibob
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm guessing 2013 as the year the PS4/NextBox are formally announced, and 2014 as the start of the new cycle. Absolutely no insider info whatsoever to back that up (I don't work in console games anymore), but the timing feels right. Developers are close to maxing out what this gen can do, and the half-gen patches (Kinect, Move) aren't as hot as expected. Plus, new engines like UE4 are getting closer to dropping. The rumour mill is also starting to crank, which is a good sign that things are getting hotter. If not that soon, then I expect a massive server-side/firmware overhaul to the Xbox/PS3 DLC systems to change up the way digital distribution is done. The current system has a ton of limitations, and digital distribution is taking off in such a huge way that I imagine both companies want to take advantage of it. </end baseless opinion>

I hope the next cycle is further off than that, given that the industry hasn't fully recovered from the last transition yet, but from the rumours, it sounds like Sony is really focussing on making the system developer-friendly this time around, so maybe the transition won't be as much of a headache. They were really hurt by the dev-unfriendliness of the console last time around. Microsoft should be thanking Sony for the 360's success. The whole red ring fiasco was outweighed by how easy it was to develop for 360 in comparison (hence, better library for the first leg of the generation), and PS3 would likely have trounced 360 if all had been equal in terms of development. </end of more baseless opinion>

Originally posted by Skkra
There is really no need for a PS4 for several more years. What is really going to get better? The graphics are already fine. Most games that come out today are shallow garbage anyways; developers should be concentrating on gameplay rather than waiting for the chance to cram a few more polygons on screen.

Spoken like a gamer who truly gets it. The public at large, however, still seems to prefer glitter over substance. The market is slowly changing, though, so that's good...
Signature ^^^^^^^
This post is 99% likely to be sarcastic.
Kev!n
Iron Fist God
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Skkra
YES!!! I agree 10,000%.