Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
NazTH
Expert
PSN: Naz_Mk2
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Does Nina have anything to get out of Jinpachi's df1,1 -> db1, 2 / db2, 1mix up? I got owned so bad with these move. Especially that i10 special mid db1, 2 I hate that move so much.

Currently I tried to duck the second hit of df1, 1 and go for the ws punisher, but no luck.

Any idea?
Evil_Nurse_Anna
Virtuoso
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
just had a recent problem with Jinpachi! i could not understand anything from his move! what i did is i studied his move and now iam using him! Db 2,1 d,2,1 is almost the same you have to know the difference because its both safe but the db2,1 is kinda short range and its "LOW,HIGH" one thing ilearn is Jinpachi dont have a Panic button "1,2" because his 1,2 is launch punish so pressure him with Nina's 1,2 df1, 1+4 ,db3 know every punish move and high move that he will throw on you! his very slow like Gunjack and ogre dont give him space to do his tricks
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Maybe if you guys ask in the Jinpachi forum someone might spill some goods. Tekken Tag 2 has yet to be released in any form in North America, so, yeah.
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
PSN: X_Copies
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
The moves you mentioned db12 and db21 are unsafe on block. db12 is -15 and db21 is -16. Do you mean d21? That one is safe but he's at -9 which means you should attack after you block it. Well that move is good because he's at a plus when hitting you with that last hit. I'm surprised that you're not afraid of his 14 frame launcher that's mid and only -12 on block.
Evil_Nurse_Anna
Virtuoso
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
df+2 i14 launcher is high -12 the second god fist is the mid one but no follow up joggle! launch when blocked
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
i dont know if this should be in the Jinpachi thread because i got fooled into thinking Ninas df2 was i14 for a second.
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
NazTH
Expert
PSN: Naz_Mk2
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Somehow his twin piston is not a treat for me, well, since the guy I've been playing is not mixing it up. Earlier I tried to back dash and bait for CH b4, but only work for a few times. Does df1,1 jail? And can you low parry the db2,1 ?
Evil_Nurse_Anna
Virtuoso
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
i dont think df1,1 jails because its just same with Heihachi df1,1 and of course all low hit can be parry...pressure Jinpachi his a slow character! before he execute his db2,1 Nina's df1,2 will hit or even 1+4
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by NazTH
Somehow his twin piston is not a treat for me, well, since the guy I've been playing is not mixing it up. Earlier I tried to back dash and bait for CH b4, but only work for a few times. Does df1,1 jail? And can you low parry the db2,1 ?

Why would you need to low parry when you can just block the two hit string and launch punish him with df2 or b1+4? If he's doing df11 and db21 mix up on you, you need to interrupt him with df12, df4, d14, and d4. Any of those will out beat those two moves form Jinpachi.

In general, Jinpachi is not a safe character. Study his moves and frames. Almost all his lows are launch punishable. As you punish more, the less options he has.

Evil_Nurse_Anna, thanks for the info. I didn't know Jinpachi's first twin piston is a high. Can't juggle after hitting the second hit with twin pistons? I thought you can connect b12 !B but I guess not.
Evil_Nurse_Anna
Virtuoso
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
no problem weaponX..had the same mistake too when having a death match with Jinpachi..the god fist was my problem i thought df+2 was mid and safe...i was hopeless that time! then i studied his moves and frame,finally kicked that old man's a**
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Evil_Nurse_Anna
no problem weaponX..had the same mistake too when having a death match with Jinpachi..the god fist was my problem i thought df+2 was mid and safe...i was hopeless that time! then i studied his moves and frame,finally kicked that old man's a**

yeah, I figured Jinpachi out when just playing patient and went try to df2 punish anything. Although I didn't know Jinpachi's frames at the time that person didn't either lol so I was able to launch punish him. Also every low he did I was able to punish him with ws2.

I got hit by so many Jinpachi's df2 before and it was nuts. That comes out so quick it catches me when I move. Also that is a really good wiff punisher because its range and speed. Some people can back dash away from my jabs and df2 me no problem!