Ogres Top 10 Moves And Mentions

Page Splits <12
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Baron West
Iron Fist God
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Grumpy64, I definitely think the best use of ws2 is as a whiff punish rather than a block punish. People are usually pretty cautious about throwing out -16 lows, but everyone throws out a move that can be back dashed and whiff punished at some point.

AzyG, after 1,2,2 hits, f+1+2 will connect against Lili if she attempts to sidewalk in either direction.

Since f+4 does more guaranteed damage than f+1+2, it's more rewarding when a player makes the hard read. I don't like the fact that it's a high, but I do like that it's only -3 on block. I know df+2,1,2 does 52 damage after f+4 on hit(if you're close enough), how much does the WR3+4 follow-up do? WR3+4 is one of my favorite follow-ups to f+2 on hit.

After 1,2 on block, T.Ogre doesn't have a lot of stuff that will track sidewalkers. I remember getting very angry when a Lili blocked my 1,2, then magically passed through b+1+2 like a ghost. df+1 tracks left, and the best options to track right are b+1, and db+3. F+1+2 doesn't track sidewalkers on block after 1,2, but if someone attempts to step and duck, it will hit them.

Also, what happened to the AV?

Last edited by Baron West on Jan 24th, 2014 at 18:47

Signature An ounce of practice is generally worth more than a ton of theory.

My Youtube

AZYG4LYFE
Play FFRK
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey Baron, I actually take back what I said about iWR3+4 being guaranteed after f+4 on hit, it seems from a certain angle, it's not entirely guaranteed at all, d/b+2 is a more reliable followup, provided they don't have a means to tag crash. I just came back from a casual session, so I cannot test right now.

As for the damage, wr+3+4 does a 135% base dmg of 36, since open ground hits do 100%, if the value for that is 24 or more it will be equal/greater than 52+ damage.

f+4 on hit does 28dmg

About my AV, I changed it temporarily to Jaycee, I'm celebrating that I'm using her in TTT2, she goes extremely well with Ogre.

AZ

Last edited by AZYG4LYFE on Jan 24th, 2014 at 19:17

Signature Currently playing (addicted to) FFRK. Global Friend ID: GBNP JP Friend ID: QZseY
Twitter:@AZYG4LYFE Please PM or tweet me if you have any questions/issues! ラッキークロエ twitch.tv/AZYG4LYFE

AZYG4LYFE
Play FFRK
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Just tested now after f+4 on hit, iWR3+4 CAN be escaped in 2 ways

1). You can roll away from Ogre and it will not hit you at all
2). You can sideroll to Ogre's right and it will not hit you, btw it's better to time the sideroll than to mash it.
3). Obviously tag crash if you have access to do so.

All other methods of getting up will get you hit.

Also 100% damage on WR+3+4 is 27dmg for reference.

AZ
Signature Currently playing (addicted to) FFRK. Global Friend ID: GBNP JP Friend ID: QZseY
Twitter:@AZYG4LYFE Please PM or tweet me if you have any questions/issues! ラッキークロエ twitch.tv/AZYG4LYFE

Baron West
Iron Fist God
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
AzyG, after fooling around a little bit, the max damage I got from f+4 was df+2, df+2,1,2 for 58. T.Ogre has to be at range 0.5 in order for the combo to hit consistently. I don't think it's very practical to use such a slow high at that kind of close range, but it will hit people who sidewalk blindly. Outside of that range, I'm thinking that the best option is to hit with b+1 for 20 grounded, and just f+3+4 into whatever for some pressure. To my knowledge b+1 after f+4 can only be escaped via tag crash.

Changs + T.Ogre is a good team. I think any character with an airgrab + either Ogre is generally a good team. I imagine Jaycee + T.Ogre has some nice stuff at the wall.
Signature An ounce of practice is generally worth more than a ton of theory.

My Youtube

CharREX
7th Dan
PSN: CharREX
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Now that the game has evolved a bit, would you guys agree his generic d1 is one of his top 10 moves?
Signature
df1