TTTU2 Wang Changes.....

Page Splits 123>...8
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
MightyKAC
Kyu
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Wassup TZ, Over the next few days I'll be headed to my local arcade to find out just how the new changes affect everyone's favorite "Ole dirty Bastard". Things I plan to explore include....

-Changes to hits Waning Moon throw

-Changes to his u/f+3,1 (i.e. pushback properties etc)

-Changes to his f,F+3,4 (what changes in launch property if any)

Please post in this thread if there is anything else you would like for me to look into whilst I'm fact finding.
(s)hop(K)eeper
Kyu
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Long and the short if it is uf3,1 is not longer safe but apparently push's back more. I didn't notice the push-back last night when I played my first games with him in unlimited, but being -12 is really annoying.

WM only gives 13 frames now as opposed to 15, so you'll only be getting launches with the likes of Brian & Mishima's from now on.

First i've heard of the ff3,4 change. I'll have a look some time. Is that meant to be a buff?
GosTanMan
Deity
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by (s)hop(K)eeper
Long and the short if it is uf3,1 is not longer safe but apparently push's back more. I didn't notice the push-back last night when I played my first games with him in unlimited, but being -12 is really annoying.

WM only gives 13 frames now as opposed to 15, so you'll only be getting launches with the likes of Brian & Mishima's from now on.

First i've heard of the ff3,4 change. I'll have a look some time. Is that meant to be a buff?

The push back for uf+3,1 has been nerfed. It was better before the update. Now there's close to no push back at all.

ss+4 has damage buff

ff+3,4 has a different hit animation when the opponent is in the air. Try using it as a bound ender, you'll notice that the opponent now flips after the last hit.

Hmm, I remember hitting Jack's df+2 after the WM yesterday...you sure that its +13?
GosTanMan
Deity
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by GosTanMan
The push back for uf+3,1 has been nerfed. It was better before the update. Now there's close to no push back at all.

Hmm, I remember hitting Jack's df+2 after the WM yesterday...you sure that its +13?

uf+3,1 is now easier to punish

WM confirmed as above +13 only...
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
WM confirmed as above +13 only...
Crap.
Signature s3:
GosTanMan
Deity
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandilord
Crap.

No point tagging with WM now, unless you have a 13 frame launcher.
poking starter
Champion
PSN: -
XBL: -
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
every character can punish u/f3,1 on block now... what a shame

I'm ok with wm,5 only +13 because wang d1+2 after wm can do more damage

wm,5 only use if you think opponnet will W! after wm

I didn't notice anything different of ss4 they just add 1-2 damage

only buff here is ff3,4 send opponent higher than d/b4,2 on float hit maybe it's possible to ff+3,4,5 to fast bound move?
Signature -
(s)hop(K)eeper
Kyu
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
what is the frame data on ff3,4 ?
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
No point tagging with WM now, unless you have a 13 frame launcher.
I misread, missed the ~5 part. This is quite the nerf but I can perfectly live with that.
I saw Marduk's ff1+2 base damage has been toned down as well. good stuff imo.
Signature s3:
GosTanMan
Deity
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
what is the frame data on ff3,4 ?

ff3 18(19) -4 +7 +7
ff3,4 -10 D D

Originally posted by sandilord
I misread, missed the ~5 part. This is quite the nerf but I can perfectly live with that.
I saw Marduk's ff1+2 base damage has been toned down as well. good stuff imo.

Your opponent can actually Tag out of WM if you're too slow...

Last edited by GosTanMan on Mar 30th, 2012 at 03:29

Jordyce
Planet Robobear
PSN: Jordyce
#11 “Quote” Edit Post

Son of a bitch. I still haven't had a chance to play TTT2, and was very much look forward to Waning Moon shenanigans... but now I won't even get that. Can you still get Tag Assault stuff from WM dash d/b+4,2? Not pleased that I won't get to spam u/f+3,1 either.

We are not in a good mood.
Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
WangIsKhan
Lone Wolf
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
damn... thats really shitty... and here i was thinking that (my) wang would finally get the attention and love he deserves fuck this one step forward one step back shit. can we still dash d1+2 off of WM? and am i correct in assuming that jinpachi wont be able to launch after WM either?
poking starter
Champion
PSN: -
XBL: -
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
d1+2 or d/b4,2 after wm still garuntee but I feel it's harder
Signature -
manu_G
Berserker
#14 “Quote” Edit Post

actually,i don't do WM~5(followed by jack-6's d/f+2) because i get less damage
i still do the old d+1+2 run up. so, that's fine with me ,if they change it

i don't like the u/f+3,1 nerf though..
Signature iman
GosTanMan
Deity
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by poking starter
d1+2 or d/b4,2 after wm still garuntee but I feel it's harder

+ opponents are able to Tag if you're too slow...
sithlord
THE EMPEROR
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Wonder why the Ol' Wang got nerfed?!!

Big bummer about u/f+3,1 and WM. Damn shame. Those were powerful tools.

Is there any other changes?? Does he still have a retarded amount of escape-able stuns (like CH [u/f+3],1)??
Signature "I'm looking forward to completing your training.
In time, you will call me: MASTER."
HARDCOAR™©®
Join the DARKSIDE
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Just seems like certain characters will always be destined for the middle/low tier. Anytime Kuma gets anything that resembles decent, it's ripped away from him. Mishimas are always fighting for top dog. Bryan will always be super solid. etc.

I've asked Harada on Twitter about how badly he whacks around his Wang, but never get a response.
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
PSN: VargasTheSick
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jordyce
Just seems like certain characters will always be destined for the middle/low tier. Anytime Kuma gets anything that resembles decent, it's ripped away from him. Mishimas are always fighting for top dog. Bryan will always be super solid. etc.

I've asked Harada on Twitter about how badly he whacks around his Wang, but never get a response.

Funny because I asked the same about Wang, again no response. Then I asked why Heihachi was so crap in Tekken 6 and I got a response lol. I just don't think he likes Wang very much. He is still a very good and viable character, but they don't need to take away something that actually works for him. They should not of changed his WM, however they could of made the change on Ogre's, and leave Wangs. I wouldn't expect Wang to have Paul's deathfist damage, but the way I see it, Wang is the Master of the WM, it doesn't need nerfing. I'm still hoping somethings can get changed around for the Console release, because from what I see the tier list had Wang hovering around B, and now with Unlimited he is back to bottom tier.
Signature " Come back when you've learned how to fight. "
poms
4th Dan
PSN: poms
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm really dissapointed.
I'm actually scared Wang does not get to be included in Tekken x SF. Just check the current votations, only Ganryu and Mokujin get less votes than him.
https://fb.namcobandaigames.com/fbt...r.php?sid=78423
Signature
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Nah, Unlimited didn't send him to the bottom tier, he's not Kuma yet, nor does he have any fundamental weakness. Ok, so I haven't actually played the game (two more days now damnit), but the Waning Moon nerf isn't actually a huge deal, it's more to make the character less scrub friendly, which I'm completely fine with.

Wang's always been a character you've had to play properly both with and against. Imagine playing against a WM-spamming Wang if you're not at the point where you can break throws, in Tag 2 that's pretty much half life every time. You can still get that big damage, but it's not as easy anymore.

Moveset Changes ss+4 the damage appears to have increased from 19 to 21.

u/f+3,1, the first hit is still safe on block, advantage on hit. Not spammable, still usable.

u/f+4, this went from -13 to -14 it seems. Big deal if you use hopkicks, otherwise not so much. Personally never felt Wang's hopkick was his bread and butter (range/damage weren't too great).

u+4, this went from 14 frames to 15 frames. Kinda pointless to use it now, if you ever did before (fast zero range launcher).

Wang's consistently underrated in the tier lists and always will be, but he was pretty damn solid in BR and hasn't really lost any tools since then. His weakest elements are probably punishing and damage, and the latter can be helped with a solid Tag partner.

EDIT: Been thinking about Waning Moon- seriously not a big issue. d/b+4,2, d+1+2 and (assuming it still works) d/f+2,1 all hit and are taggable launchers. Depending on your tag partner, there may be some big damage on the flip launchers.

Last edited by Jordyce on Apr 10th, 2012 at 08:57