Page Splits 123>...6
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
It's exactly as you read it, an update to Namco Bandai's Tag Fighter Tekken Tag Tournament 2 has been announced. It'll be set to appear at the AOU 2012 arcade expo being held next week. For now we can only speculate on what the update brings to the current version of TTT2 but it's pretty likely that the changes made to TTT2 through this version might eventually wind up on the console release this holiday season. Hit the link to see the source.

Last edited by Flying Wonkey on Feb 8th, 2012 at 10:51

Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Sources: http://andriasang.com/comzwg/
http://www.4gamer.net/games/144/G014403/20120208033/
http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/...nt-2-announced/

This new version is apparently big enough that they're tentatively calling it "New Tekken Tag Tournament 2."

According to Namco Bandai's lineup briefing, the New Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will be greatly evolved with new elements. We'll have to wait for specifics.

So yeah...... What are your expectations folks? New character? New balancing wave so we don't have to deal with dirty dirty unblockables mid combos?, The return of 2P costumes? Time will tell.

Last edited by Flying Wonkey on Feb 8th, 2012 at 23:58

Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
AAK
Iron Fist God
PSN: AAK0924
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Does that mean like a BRAND new machine similar to BR? Or is a massive network update for the current TTT2? Because if it's a brand new machine Arcade owners have to buy, that would be pretty cruel of Namco considering the Deluxe cabinet is already almost $50k.

Oh well, should be interesting. Nice find.
Zero the Shadow
I <3 Australia, mate
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
As long as Lee gets his god damn Tuxedo back I don't give two shits.
Signature Frankie I'll always miss you, RIP.
"Calm Down, Run Around, Throw Shit Out, WTF?!"
"Kills Spirit of Forums!"
"Oh Look it's my favorite move to eat"04/28/06~Mordak 03/20/10~JHonda
DigitalCount
Mister Pittsburgh
PSN: DigitalCount
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
This is potentially awesome or super stupid. I assume Hwoarang's unblockable is going to be patched for sure. Now all we need is another character and we're golden.
-DC
Signature Now with more EXCERRENCE
Steve Gets Fresh

2016: Manji Assassins Political Party
SCT4LIFE
Suzaku
Just win, baby
PSN: Suzaku4
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DigitalCount
Now all we need is another character and we're golden.
-DC

What by chance are you implying?
Signature

F ALL FOREVER
fneh
Sage
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
it better include 2p costumes and character specific custom gear! And ALL of the absent characters (even if they're palette swaps) - not just Kuni (but PLEASSSSEEEEEE give us Kuni! Lee and kuni were my main team in ttt1)

I would kill for them to make it possible to "chicken" while being juggled. too much emphasis on juggles and not enough on actual fighting.
Pooh Hardy
Iron Fist God
PSN: poohhardy
XBL: eww no way
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Suzaku
What by chance are you implying?
i can think of a new topic in the general disscuions
i dare someone to beat me to it >
LP SPARDA
Iron Fist God
PSN: DIGGS-86
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
I would be a fool to hope for :
Jin to block in CDS transitions and believe it would happen.
Anyhow, hope this new thing works out!
Signature I am DIGGS-86. The Red Electric Lord.
Please check out my YouTube for some creative Jin and Devil jin content!!!
YouTube.com/uppercuts718
https://youtu.be/OMQDZLzLATA
Suzaku
Just win, baby
PSN: Suzaku4
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Pooh Hardy
i can think of a new topic in the general disscuions
i dare someone to beat me to it >

Wait... Are you thinking what I'm thinking DC is thinking? Or am I just thinking that you are thinking what I am thinking DC is thinking?
Signature

F ALL FOREVER
Rip
Level Up Your Game
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Dont get too excited just yet, as I said, might just be showing off Pair Play
http://web.tekken-net.jp/tag2/news/...mdHlwZT1O866978
Signature DSS~ WHAAAAAA!!! Too buff, too swoll. Phoenix too strong.
JUUUUUUUUNKKKKYAAAAAAAARDDD!!!
levelupyourgame.com | LEVEL UP YOUR GAME | Tekken - Throw Break Trainer - by Rip | LUYG APP for iPhone & for Android
Nevan(PL)
Berserker
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
This said, Namco will once again postpone the console port. Maybe they'll even change the release date to TBA again? I don't care what improvements they're going to implement, I want to finally play the game.
Signature We've got the winner!

We've got the winner - video!
tae-kwon-do
Destroyer
PSN: larrytron
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Nevan(PL)
This said, Namco will once again postpone the console port. Maybe they'll even change the release date to TBA again? I don't care what improvements they're going to implement, I want to finally play the game.

I hope to god they don't
Signature Hey have you guys seen the new characters yet?
Ha! They look like a bunch of n00bs!
Ah yes, the old fashioned new character hazing just like old...holy crap! I have a Grandma?!
*Mumbles* Stupid Latina girl! I wish I was the 'it' girl again...
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Hmm, I didn't predict any major revisions (e.g. new characters) before console release, maybe I'll be wrong?

But if Rip's right, it'll be just functionality additions.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
av kazama
Fear the wrath..
PSN: av2k
XBL: av2k
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
I called it a while back!

The rest of the costumes, characters, and a patch update. ^_^
Signature Iron Fist Crew: Crow/Kor/av kazama
DrBhup666
Iron Fist God
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Will people please stfu about the addition of even more characters??? Jeez, the game is incomprehensible already as it is with 43 characters! Tekken is already a big mess with a billion things to learn about each character before you can enjoy the game at even intermediate level. Now you want to add even more characters to make it totally impossible?? IDIOTS!!! Nobody new will ever be able to get in to the game and it'll die, just like Virtua Fighter series.

I hope this revision is just removing of the bugs and glitches and the infinites and the insane sandwich comboes and stuff like that. Or that they tweaked the gameplay system a bit, so it would not be just a combo-fest like it is now. I just hope it's not a combo-breaker or some sort of retarded thing like that.

Other than that I don't give a rats ass about 2P costumes or other things kids rant about. Who gives a shit about what clothes the characters are wearing???? It doesn't affect the gameplay at all... who cares??? I frikin' never understood how Capcom manages to sell DLC packs with nothing but costumes for games like SSFIV and UMVC3 and so on... what kind of morons buy these things??? why?????

[/rant]
Signature When I die, I wanna go peacefully in my sleep, just like my grandfather did. Not kicking and screaming, like the passengers in his car.

DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
PSN: dropkick_br
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Will this mean... NEW CHARACTER CGs???

YEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!

*wishes for Unknown CG*

and old school characters coming in is always good...

------------

Namco, patch King's d1+2 to be like lars uf3 and I'm gonna be a happy man...
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
: Hey bro, not only that... both of us got future endeavored...
: This is some WCW sh*t going on... Who's booking this crap?
soulmaster1122
Expert
PSN: tekkn6
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
I am pretty sure that they are going to fix up everything and make it balanced you are doing great job namco

Originally posted by DEATH

*wishes for Unknown CG*

XD well who knows if she is playable yeah you will get it but still not sure about Unknown CG
Signature :Wait, Ogre!? Didn't I kill him in Tekken 3?Didn't I kill him in Devil Within?if I did then Why is he still alive?
: You bashed Heihachi's head through a stone wall and he survived an explosion. How do you explain THAT?
yiggs
#STAYYIGGS
PSN: yiggs_au
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
As far as I know, pairplay is working already. I set pairplay ON the first day we got TTT2 in our arcade, it's just an option in service mode. When we turned the machines on, pairplay was active, however the arcade attendant wouldn't let us test it.
Signature twitch.tv/yiggs_au | @yiggs | #BUFFLING
The-CHALLENGER
SEKAI SENSHI
PSN: The__Challenger
XBL: CHALLENGER 1980
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken Tag Tournament 2' (<-- dash) TURBO! EDITION Capcom has rubbed off on them. LOL
Signature "What strength!! But don't forget... There are many guys like you all over the world." -SF1