Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Psypher
Virtuoso
PSN: Psypher1
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm an intermediate Kaz player and I've noticed that most of the threads and tutorials are done by pros who sometimes forget that not all of us have all the Tekken mechanics down.

Not saying there's anything wrong with that but I thought what is needed is a Thread by an Average for an Average player

Anyone is free to post, just keep it simple please...

These are my main combos:
(1) EWGF; d/f3; d/f+1,2 {B!}; dragon uppercut(f,nd,d/f+1); d+3+4
(2) EWGF; d/f3; d/b+2 {B!}; d/f+3,2,1

and for flashy purposes:
(3) EWGF; d/f3; d/f+1,2 {B!}; lightning screw uppercut

Tip:If you get pressured to a wall. try inputting d/b+3. It works for me cause I play with people who rely on wall hits a lot so I usually need to escape from that position. Any tips?

If you have any tips to share, please, by all means, fire away!

PS: Please no links, I've studied almost every kazuya thread and tutorial out there and they are the only reason why I'm making this...

So Post your SIMPLE hints and tips.

Last edited by Psypher on Jan 27th, 2012 at 00:09

Signature Chikara ga subetedesu... DORYAH!

My Blog: VB Kid - The Code Lives...
KoDee
Champion
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
As listed in the combo thread:
http://arctic-charge.com/artikkelit...a-guide-juggles

Mishima combos are cool in that they allow you to basically tailor your current bread-n-butter / staple combos to your current skill level. As your skill level increases, you can increase difficulty and add more dmg / wakeup options.

However, for the simplest staple for dmg:
1) EWGF, 3,1,4, d/b+2 (B!), hs,1

What other general tips are you looking for? Pretty sure a mod is going to say this belongs in the Q/A thread, though. I'd move it there if I were you cuz this will probably be closed.
Signature Same KoDee... less Viet.
Psypher
Virtuoso
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Thank you.
Well for me, I was wondering how to counter someone who loves wall pressure. My friend plays Steve, Lili and Bryan, and he love putting me to the wall and beating the crap out of me there. Anyway I can stop this?

PS: How do I move it? Still new here

KoDee
Champion
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Psypher
PS: How do I move it? Still new here

You're quite welcome for any help given, and welcome to TZ!
Just post your same questions in the question/answer thread and I'll do the rest by saying this below:

MCP / OTHER MOD: PLEASE CLOSE! Questions moved to Q/A thread.
Signature Same KoDee... less Viet.
Psypher
Virtuoso
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
My friend uses Steve, Lili, Bryan and he like pressuring me to the wall and taking necessary advantage of this.

Is there any way I can counter him?

Psypher
Virtuoso
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Well this was a hopeless attempt...

rax313
1st Dan
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
When in doubt u+4+4+4+4 :p

I'm still a newb but seriously for Kazuya, I think you really should know all his moves to a "T" for me at least. since I usually win by punishing opponents and not on the offense. I still am having difficulty doing EWGF consistently on the arcade.
Psypher
Virtuoso
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
The Zaibatsu lives!

Yep I agree about knowing his punishers and stuff...

So rax313, how is your EWGF training going?

sahilmalhotra17
Virtuoso
PSN: grimmjowjammerj
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
I still think of myself as a scrub but here are my 2 cents any how.
Defence: spacing is imprtant as kaz doesn't have a good fast safe panic button move. ssl/ssr to ewgf is also good for getting breathing space on the block and full combo on hit .
Offence:
I think learning to hit confirm 11<2, b+2,4 and d/f +3,2 is important for kaz. I ve found it much easier to apply hs or ewgf mind games after getting +f by hit confirming b+2,4

Last edited by sahilmalhotra17 on Feb 16th, 2012 at 23:23

Psypher
Virtuoso
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
^^
Great tips

Here's what I do: I look for a combo video. Pick a combo I like in the video. When I can do it, I then adapt it to my own playstyle and liking... That way its a good combo, but its my combo...

Also I do 20 EWGF each on both 1P and 2P side. That also helps with my Crouch Dashes and other movement stuff

rax313
1st Dan
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
People may also want to try d+f 2 for poking.

I can do 1-2 out of 5 mostly on console and none at all in the arcade *sigh.

Does anyone have a move that hits low? most of the moves I use are mid or high....
lilleboff
the daoug
PSN: lilleboff
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by rax313 Does anyone have a move that hits low? most of the moves I use are mid or high....

d/b+4, d+4, hs and d/b+3
Signature It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as me
sahilmalhotra17
Virtuoso
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Psypher
^^
Great tips

Here's what I do: I look for a combo video. Pick a combo I like in the video. When I can do it, I then adapt it to my own playstyle and liking... That way its a good combo, but its my combo...

Also I do 20 EWGF each on both 1P and 2P side. That also helps with my Crouch Dashes and other movement stuff

Thanks Man,
Been taking tekken seriously again after 10 years and it feels great to get into the depths again. Just posting stuff ive gathered off of more experienced players.

I agree with the combo part that you say. Tekken gets pretty boring pretty quick if you keep doing the same old combos over and over. But I must say that, Beginners should focus more on getting the launch down and applying their general gameplay to create a launch or stun first. As New players we must remember that a combo is useless unless one gets a launch/stun. Juggle who**s get scrubbed out first. A solid ground game, good movement and some old school turtling is a good way to begin IMO. go to Ghost battle or better yet arcade Mode ultra hard if you dont have someone to play with and observe the game play of the opponent. Watch youtube match vids and try to analyse them. These would be the other advice I would have for fellow beginners.
Psypher
Virtuoso
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
===> sahilmalhotra17 <===

The man speaks multitudes...

EDIT: Learnt a combo today. EWGF d/f+1,2 TGF,3
Still practising with double ewgf.Can't get TGF to hit with the double just yet...

sahilmalhotra17
Virtuoso
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
I tried the tgf after ewgf x 2, d/f + 1,2 and it doesn't look too hard. After the 2nd ewgf dont let stick go to neutral. Slide to f and from there quickly slide to d/f to get out d/f +1,2 B! Quickly and then go to tgf,3. You can also go to f,f+4 instead to get a 50/50 oki. For roll back, quick stand b+2,4 will float. For everything else stomp gets you 25.

If you are still having problems. Make a practice vid and post it in the practice video thread and we all can help you get it down.
Psypher
Virtuoso
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
I got it!

f,f+4? That's a variation I hadn't tried out... And I love that wall float idea...

I'll see about the vid.
To the lab!

MCP
MCP=?\ (?_o) /?
PSN: MCPtz
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
d/f+1,2 B! f,F+4 oki:
d+3+4 stomp hits in most post bound f+4 situations, but they can quick stand and block it.
b+2<4 can pick them up for a mini juggle. One can hit confirm the b+2<4 (another reason to learn how to hit confirm it). Example juggle: b+2<4, d/b+2, f,F,d/f+3<2,1 or cd+4,1 or d/f+3, d/f+1,4 (wall carry)

Easy juggle for f+4 oki:
ewgf or ws+2 or ch d/f+2: f,F,n+3,1,4, f,F,d/f+1,2* b!, f,F+4 to stomp or b+2<4
*Don't go to neutral after the dash, just keep holding forward and slide to D/F
Slightly easier juggle: 3,1, d/f+1,2
After ws+1,2 with some character or some angles you'll have to settle for n+3,1, d/f+1,2 b!

Watch out for ssl ewgf, it messes up 3,1,4, d/f+1,2 and you'll have to use ewgf, 3,1 d/f+1,2 or ewgf, ewgf, d/f+1,2.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
Psypher
Virtuoso
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
MCP has graced us with his presence... Thank you sir!

What do you mean by learn to hit confirm it ?

MCP
MCP=?\ (?_o) /?
PSN: MCPtz
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Confirm b+2 hits before tapping 4, or if b+2 is blocked, don't tap 4.
The notation b+2<4 versus b+2,4 means there is a delay.
11<2
b+2<4
d/f+4<4
d/f+3<2
b+1<2
All hit confirm strings and all very useful.

Also, many 3 hit strings can be hit confirmed, even though they do not have a delay, for instance Bruce's 1,4,3. It doesn't have a delay on the last hit, but since it's a 3 hit string, it can be hit confirmed. Not all three hit strings can be hit confirmed because they're too fast, for instance Bruce's CH b+1,2,1. If one delays the last hit even slightly, it will be blocked.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
sahilmalhotra17
Virtuoso
#20 “Quote” Edit Post

Confirm b+2 hits before tapping 4, or if b+2 is blocked, don't tap 4.
The notation b+2<4 versus b+2,4 means there is a delay.
11<2
b+2<4
d/f+4<4
d/f+3<2
b+1<2
All hit confirm strings and all very useful.

b+1<2 seems to be much harder to hit confirm compared to the rest. does anyone have the frame data on how long the hit confirm window is? it is -14 on block so if i miss the window, lets say against bryan. he is gonna jet upper and kill me for it. is there a practice method i can use to get my timing down?

I know it just takes practice but the hit confirm window seems to be a bit small or do i just suck?

EDIT: Can anyone tell me some good options for the mid range oki after 1+2?