Street Fighter X Tekken: Character Explosion!

Page Splits <123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
gluvv
5th Dan
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
If there is a 2D fighting game I would want to play it would have to be one with the Tekken roster in it. I think this is a good deal for Capcom, the potential of introducing their franchise to Tekken players seems evident. I know I'm curious to at least get a feel of how it plays. Maybe this is good for the fighting community as a whole. Tekken x Street Fighter is way more exciting though
Signature On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.
Tobi [KIIAAIII]
Destroyer
PSN: drunkenflowers
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
still no lei...do i need to begin to worry?
Signature drunkenlotus media
YouTube
Vimeo
TekkenTreff
Laughing Man
Don't worry be happy
PSN: SrSonriente
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
@Tobi, I really doubt Capcom is able to make a decent version of a char as complex and diverse as Lei. And I think they know it, too... so my hopes of seeing Lei on the rooster are extremely low.

BTW, Capcom chars and their moves looks so... flat, when compared with the Tekken ones. They really are plain in the core.

On the other hand, I caught myself thinking how Namco should hire Capcom to make their intros and movies. Let Namco do the gameplay and Capcom the eyecandy. THAT would be awesome.
ArmorBruce
7th Dan
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
It took them THAT long to add Jin?
Anyways, I hope Bruce and Feng make it in
Signature
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
I SWEAR FENG GETS NO FUCKING LOVE AT ALL
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
Baraka
Flying Wonkey
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Xiaoyu game play video here. Looks like she gets some of her evasive tools.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/x...gameplay/725895
Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
StillElectric
7th Dan
PSN: STILLELECTRIK
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
THAT CG WAS TOO EXCITING!

I GOT HYPE!
Signature And I Feel Electrik....Like I'm Raiden
Rip
Level Up Your Game
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Now that I have Law, I want ...... JACK 4!
Signature DSS~ WHAAAAAA!!! Too buff, too swoll. Phoenix too strong.
JUUUUUUUUNKKKKYAAAAAAAARDDD!!!
levelupyourgame.com | LEVEL UP YOUR GAME | Tekken - Throw Break Trainer - by Rip | LUYG APP for iPhone & for Android
-N0WhereMan-
Master
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Tobi [KIIAAIII]
still no lei...do i need to begin to worry?

We share the same opinion on that one. I wish we could see some Lei action with his different stances!
Signature Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall.
"Babangon ako at dudurugin kita!"
DrJones
7th Dan
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
http://shoryuken.com/2012/01/18/sfx...ameplay-videos/

In the first video, there is character select screen where there is someone on the right side of Kuma, could it be Jack?
Signature Lars: Dad, I am Robosex!
Hei: Son, I am disappoint.
Baraka
Flying Wonkey
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Its Cole MacGrath.
Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
devilryu
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: devilryuNZ1
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Eventhubs have done a trailer analysis which pretty much confirms that Akuma, and.... wait for it..... Human Ogre will be announced soon!

I am impressed by these new reveals. I have a feeling that Paul is going to play like Ryo from KOF. I lost a bit of hope in this game when Gems were announced, but i am a bit more hyped again thanks to these latest reveals.
Signature Read this (http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/766/766622p1.html) and please send in a VF vs Tekken request. Thanks!

Watch my ish: http://www.youtube.com/user/devilryuNZ1?feature=mhee
Peacegun
4th Dan
PSN: PeaceGun
XBL: PeaceGun
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
The way they have character selection setup in the latest videos makes it look like they are going to add about 25 more characters, 12 on the Tekken side and 13 on the SF side. That is if they are going to make the character selection area square.

http://youtu.be/DigKTrJFaP4
TairyHesticles
Kyu
XBL: EnjoiToy
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Knowing cashcom there will be DLC for new characters. So Lei could be a possibility? I still can't see how they would put him into the game without making him dumbed down like crazy.
Signature [Lei2] - Just got Lei'd
- Namu?
chumzwolf
1st Dan
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
PLEASE CAPCOM GIVE US BRYAN FURRY
Signature I HAVE NO EQUAL....
Dark_Maverick_6
6th Dan
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ArmorBruce
It took them THAT long to add Jin?
Anyways, I hope Bruce and Feng make it in

They're not going to announce all the characters after the first day of the game's announcement. The final roster for this game was decided several months ago.

I've got Juri and Lili, my two favorite characters, right behind Ruby Heart... Which, I'll probably never see in another fighter.

But, with Street Fighter X Tekken, all my mains are in, or, characters that I mained at some point in time.. Except Feng Wei, who wont be in this game.

As I'd said since the announcement, should Street Fighter X Tekken have Juri and Lili, I would get the game no matter who else was in it... Same for Tekken X Street Fighter. Give me Juri, and Lili, and I wont care about the rest.

I bet characters like Q, Alex (SFIII), and Hugo would be great Tekken characters. And, if there's to be some kinda vote, you guys better Tell me who to vote for, because once I vote for Lili and Juri, I'm open to what everyone else wants.
Originally posted by Laughing Man
@Tobi, I really doubt Capcom is able to make a decent version of a char as complex and diverse as Lei. And I think they know it, too... so my hopes of seeing Lei on the rooster are extremely low.

BTW, Capcom chars and their moves looks so... flat, when compared with the Tekken ones. They really are plain in the core.

On the other hand, I caught myself thinking how Namco should hire Capcom to make their intros and movies. Let Namco do the gameplay and Capcom the eyecandy. THAT would be awesome.

If you're going to be negative about it, of course it'll be impossible to you.
Looking at Dante, (I hate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3) he has a ton of different moves, so, it's not like Lei would have to be limited.
Also, remember Ling is in the game, and so is Christie. Maybe they decided to leave Lei for future appeal, because of time restrains. I'm sure Lei could work with all his stances, but, he would require the work of five separate characters.
One important thing to remember, Tekken doesn't have eight way run, so, remove the left and right rolling, and side stepping, and it's basically a 2D fighter anyway. I think Capcom may have used Tekken Tag 1 as their best reference in bringing over Tekken characters.
Originally posted by TairyHesticles
Knowing cashcom there will be DLC for new characters. So Lei could be a possibility? I still can't see how they would put him into the game without making him dumbed down like crazy.

After watching a couple of combo videos (I don't really use Lei too much) I don't see anything that would be impossible to work into a street fighter game, rather, time-consuming.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSG7YVZnatc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP8q5UBxy8M
Unless, maybe I'm missing something..

Last edited by Dark_Maverick_6 on Jan 23rd, 2012 at 00:05

Laughing Man
Don't worry be happy
PSN: SrSonriente
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, combo videos really aren't going to say you much about Lei gameplay, so yes, you are missing most of the essence of the char.

I imagine Capcom could make a selection of the 15 (or so) more typical Lei moves, give him some stances and stylish supers... but I have a hard time trying to figure out how they could rescue his trickness and impredictability.
Undead_Nemesis
Dragon Lord
PSN: Manji_Nemesis
XBL: Not my cuppa.
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
So uh, any Tekken heads trying out for that Cross Assault thing?
Signature Perfect Input Tekken 6 Team Combo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plhhQKb0no4
Tekken 6 Yoshimitsu Combo Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=low7BmUQLrY
Tekken 6 BR Yoshimitsu Combo Movie: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFFLSOIBx7w
Member of Team Perfect Input.
吉光 T4 - "Those who tread the path of evil shall face judgment eventually".
ArmorBruce
7th Dan
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TairyHesticles

Not really, they had only 4 DLC characters for SSFIV and only TWO for MVC3, so I doubt they will add very many DLC characters.
Signature
pcmacro
Crackers for Trolls
PSN: pcmacro
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Old School Megaman, Mokujin Pacman, and the dude from that game