Page Splits <1234>...15
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
adipati
Raijin
PSN: thatgarlicguy
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
i'll join the post together, after i managed to compile all you guys posts and hardwork about the tag combo section.

btw, regarding your post

"anyway, I feel the lesser hit used in the TA! filler will allow the main character to perform stronger finisher? Not too sure on this"

i also think (as i have already post a while ago) that theres seems a limit of how many moves you could put into as a filler. the less moves you used on as a filler, gives you chance to perform stronger ender.

but, that was couple weeks ago.

now, i already finds my staple (though its not the most damaging option), but it gives me an advantage in okizeme area. which is f3,4 as a filler and as an ender.
f3,4 is not as damaging as ff43 or even 3~4,3. but it never miss, unlike 3~4,3 that has a very strict timing, and cannot be used on certain condition or after certain filler.
f3,4 always works, no matter who i choose as feng partner, and almost works after most standart filler.
and since f34 as an ender juggles opponent a bit, it gives me the time to lay the oki trap, or TAG fff4 the slide.

anyway, since f34 is easy and staple, i could concentrate more on attacking, defending, and laying traps.
Signature PSN: thatgarlicguy
Add me as your friend, send me an invitation and lets play!
http://www.facebook.com/adipati.rahmat
https://twitter.com/adipatirahmat
wooden-man
Fujin
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah man, I remember seeing one of taizo's video on YouTube he finishes the TA! with feng f3,4, f+1, f3,4 that's damn heavy. I forget which move he uses for lee during the TA! but it's a one hit move.

Edited: heres the YouTube link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qF8...be_gdata_player
He did that ender on the final round

Damn, I couldn't post anything with my iPhone man. The safari keep closing on me.

Anyway, I was very wrong to mention previously that u need not worry about the recovery bar. Today I suffer 7 loses, most of the round lasted almost to times up. I have been seeing many top matches, and I think lots of high ranked players still uses a lot of single or non-TA! type of tag juggles. I think it's wise to use non-TA! juggles when your opponents is still have high life, because if the match lasted too long, they actually do have enough time to recover. TA! dealt high damage but cuts very little on the recovery red bar, normal tag juggles cuts doesn't dealt as much but it cuts a huge portion off the red. so to sum it up, don't focus too much on TA! at the beginning of the rounds, unless u are sure of winning fast.

Last edited by wooden-man on Mar 1st, 2012 at 15:39

Signature demotion risk

retsu_himura
Iron Fist God
PSN: acceber evol samoht
XBL: ? ! ? ! ?
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
tried this today:
Ground recovery 3, ff~1+4, db+1+2 b!
Signature Every new tekken series is a new game.
no matter how early u started tekken,
if u cant follow up with the changes then u'll be out for good.
leonized
War Lord
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
lili/feng i used mostly lili as a filler to kill red life very fast since her damage is awesome,

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE BETTER OPTIONS THANK YOU

feng/lili
1.uf3 df1 f1 f4,3~TA B! 3233~4,3
2.ws3~5 TA df2 2 b2,1 df3~5 TA B! f3,4 qcf 1,2
3.(db4 cc 2~1~5 TA B! 223 f3,4
4.qcf2~5 TA f2,3 df3+4 BT1+2 B! ff3~f 1,2
5.f3,4~5 TA f2,3 df3+4 BT 1+2~5 B! TA f3,4 dash qcf1,2
6.CH df3 f1 f1 f1 db1+2~5 TA B! 323 3~4,3
7.f4~b~f 2~1 ~5 B! TA 223 f3,4

lili/feng
1.df2 b2,1 f1+2~5 B! TA f3,4 d3+4~5 3~4,3 (im not sure about this)
2. df3+4 d1 ws2~5 TA f1 f4,3 B! f3,4 d4 1+2
3. ws2~5 TA uf~n4 db1+2 B! f3,4~5 TA 323
4. uf3 df2~b bt1,2 df3~5B! TA 334 qcf1,2
5. df3+4 d1 ws2~b bt1+2~5 B! TA 334 qcf1,2

please kindly confirm all lili(lead) combos cause my friend only told it to me i havent tried it yet

pre bound wall combo
~5 TA B! f3+4,3,4 b2432
~5 TA B! 334 b1,4

Last edited by leonized on Mar 20th, 2012 at 17:10

retsu_himura
Iron Fist God
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Leonized, not sure if it's a better option but I've seen this wall TA! on YouTube
w!, Lili df+3~5 TA!, Feng f+3,4, Lili f+3+4,3,4

and that wall combo with feng finishing with b2342, have u tested it against human?
Cause I think the last hit can be tech escaped.
leonized
War Lord
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by retsu_himura
Leonized, not sure if it's a better option but I've seen this wall TA! on YouTube
w!, Lili df+3~5 TA!, Feng f+3,4, Lili f+3+4,3,4

and that wall combo with feng finishing with b2342, have u tested it against human?
Cause I think the last hit can be tech escaped.

yes its techable, but hey, you can do it forever unless they learn how to tech, but pretty much my staple combo for wall was the one you mentioned above... but if feng is the lead in wall my combo would be
w! feng f4,3~5b! lili f3+4,3,4 feng f212/334
retsu_himura
Iron Fist God
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by leonized
yes its techable, but hey, you can do it forever unless they learn how to tech, but pretty much my staple combo for wall was the one you mentioned above... but if feng is the lead in wall my combo would be
w! feng f4,3~5b! lili f3+4,3,4 feng f212/334

I don't think f212 or 334 will works as a wall TA! ender, I have tried using these two ender with many other chracters many time.

And I was watching some YouTube vids just now and even the feng 334 to Lili b1,4 can be tech escape too.
I think best option for Lili after feng 334 is just f+3+4

Well against newbie yes they seldom tech or 2+5 tag off
leonized
War Lord
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't think f212 or 334 will works as a wall TA! ender, I have tried using these two ender with many other chracters many time.

And I was watching some YouTube vids just now and even the feng 334 to Lili b1,4 can be tech escape too.
I think best option for Lili after feng 334 is just f+3+4

Well against newbie yes they seldom tech or 2+5 tag off

hmm anyways how about f212 does it work with lili?
wooden-man
Fujin
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Talking about TA! combo finisher at the wall, I tried f+3,4 better damage but however the 2nd hit seem inconsistent. I'm sticking to b1+2. And for f212 and 334 I think they might works if the TA! filler is a short one hit move but that would means a weaker combo.

What do u guys do off wall breaks, floor breaks and balcony breaks??? Don't see these much in YouTube matched.

Anyone tried hwoarang/feng?
How to connect that hwoarang unblockable in TA! ??
Signature demotion risk

leonized
War Lord
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by wooden-man
Talking about TA! combo finisher at the wall, I tried f+3,4 better damage but however the 2nd hit seem inconsistent. I'm sticking to b1+2. And for f212 and 334 I think they might works if the TA! filler is a short one hit move but that would means a weaker combo.

What do u guys do off wall breaks, floor breaks and balcony breaks??? Don't see these much in YouTube matched.

Anyone tried hwoarang/feng?
How to connect that hwoarang unblockable in TA! ??

f3,4 is the best option since it lifts up the opponent for more hits... about hwo/feng thing, i think itll be hard for execution, the best thing you could do deplete red life and thats about it for that team
retsu_himura
Iron Fist God
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
I feel lei has the best wall TA! filler uf+3, CRN 3,4,2,3 or f+4,2,1,2,3
and Lars has the best wall TA! ender f+4,1,2,1
so if u are into this, make either one your tag partner.

That hwoarang TA! filler is abnormal,
the main character will switch in before hwoarang lands the unblockable 3+4, rff f+3, lfs 1+4,
so the tricks is to land a move that keeps the opponent floating right after the main chatacter switch in and before the lfs 1+4 landed.
leonized
War Lord
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
any combos for feng/zaf... ill try to make one later, hope someone would check on them
retsu_himura
Iron Fist God
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Regarding the though on lesser hit used in TA! will allow a bigger ender
I don't think it's just the lesser hit in TA! that allows the bigger finisher, but rather i feel its the lesser hit use before the enders.

Like for example, that combo from the taizo vids posted by wooden-man,
lesser hit were used from the starter to the end of TA! Filler that allows feng to finish with a stronger f+3,4, f+1, f+3,4

Saw many of such example in YouTube, less hit to B! plus less hit in TA! filler leads to more hits and stronger ender.
leonized
War Lord
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Regarding the though on lesser hit used in TA! will allow a bigger ender
I don't think it's just the lesser hit in TA! that allows the bigger finisher, but rather i feel its the lesser hit use before the enders.

Like for example, that combo from the taizo vids posted by wooden-man,
lesser hit were used from the starter to the end of TA! Filler that allows feng to finish with a stronger f+3,4, f+1, f+3,4

Saw many of such example in YouTube, less hit to B! plus less hit in TA! filler leads to more hits and stronger ender.

but doesn't the ender gets more scaled so lesser damage??
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
PSN: Online
XBL: Offline
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Scaling is not really the issue~ the tekken scaling system fundamentally works by calculation of the number of hits in the juggle. therefore you can always use a strong short B! and strong TA filler, so in the end damage can be equivalent.

it's only in the case if they chose consistently lower during each phase of the juggle system that you should worry about scaling. eg 45% preB! 40% tag filler 35% ender. in this case it is logical to maximise number of hits preB! to take advantage of the 45%.

The real main issue here is if you choose to emphasis hit numbers AFTER tag assault, then all the damage done after the short B! can be recoverable (wont remove any red bar)
Signature CH b+1... b+1+2 HEY-YAAA!!

leonized
War Lord
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by yip_noob
Scaling is not really the issue~ the tekken scaling system fundamentally works by calculation of the number of hits in the juggle. therefore you can always use a strong short B! and strong TA filler, so in the end damage can be equivalent.

it's only in the case if they chose consistently lower during each phase of the juggle system that you should worry about scaling. eg 45% preB! 40% tag filler 35% ender. in this case it is logical to maximise number of hits preB! to take advantage of the 45%.

The real main issue here is if you choose to emphasis hit numbers AFTER tag assault, then all the damage done after the short B! can be recoverable (wont remove any red bar)

so its better to do more hits before the TA and B! and just 2 or 1 hit after?
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
with feng that would be the case. the possbility to use 3~4,3 as an ender means you should generally go for the longer start, standard TA and that string as ender.

ofcourse with certain launchers like db+4 or f+4; you have to do the alternative.

leonized
War Lord
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by yip_noob
with feng that would be the case. the possbility to use 3~4,3 as an ender means you should generally go for the longer start, standard TA and that string as ender.

ofcourse with certain launchers like db+4 or f+4; you have to do the alternative.

well if the launcher was taggable i'd rather complete it with the character who was tagged since if he proceed with another TA the red bar life would stop getting damaged
retsu_himura
Iron Fist God
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
I feel the smarter game plan is to use non-TA! tag juggle against a full life character and TA! juggle should be use when opponent life is lower
But of course, u wont have to consider so much if u can finish the game faster enough that your opponent don't have time to recover.

Some of my tekken friends argued the fact that red bar are usually will be cutted by opponent themself,
when they 2+5 tag out or when they perform a TA! juggle.
(yup, I don't understand why it's programmed this way, but doing a TA! cuts your own red bar)
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Some of my tekken friends argued the fact that red bar are usually will be cutted by opponent themself,
when they 2+5 tag out or when they perform a TA! juggle.
(yup, I don't understand why it's programmed this way, but doing a TA! cuts your own red bar)

actually using TA! only cuts your partners red bar.
so say for example you use feng and lee
feng - uf+4; df+1; f+4,3 B! ~ 5
lee - b+2,4,3
then only lee's red bar is cut.

it's programmed this way to make players consider the non-TA! option.

Advantages of TA = more hits, more damage, better wall carry, potentially better juggles
Disadvantages = you lose your netsu, your partner loses red bar, your opponent's partner gets netsu