Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Real law
Frank White
PSN: CAAB_Real_Law
XBL: King Of New York
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Have they address this problem, in t6 i remember her having pretty bad punishing, so im thinking that it cant be JUST that she ff2 and ff4 both being homing and d3, so is there a difference now with her punishing...

ws1,2 now launching is good, but what about standing punishers?...
Signature You think your world is safe. It is an illusion, A comforting lie told to protect you. Enjoy these final moments of peace. For I have returned to have my vengeance. So, Shall we begin?
CALM AS A BOMB!!
real law
A Horsemen Till The Day I Die ! <4H>

PECA
7th Dan
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Standing punisher

i10 : 1,3 / 1,2 / 1,4
i12 : d1
i13 : d/f1,2 / d/f1.4 / 3
i14 : f4 - d2 / d/f3,4
i16 : 1+2 / d/f2 / b1+2 (for long range)

ws punisher

i11 : ws4
i15 : ws1,2
i16 : ws3
i17 : u/f4
i18 : ws2
Signature

대한민국!
Real law
Frank White
PSN: CAAB_Real_Law
XBL: King Of New York
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah that sux still...lol/
Signature You think your world is safe. It is an illusion, A comforting lie told to protect you. Enjoy these final moments of peace. For I have returned to have my vengeance. So, Shall we begin?
CALM AS A BOMB!!
real law
A Horsemen Till The Day I Die ! <4H>

WeaponX
Iron Fist God
PSN: X_Copies
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Zafina's punishing is trash. For 10 to 12 frames you get 24 damage from 13~SCR but can follow up with 1+2 if you don't cancel out of SCR. For 13 frames you get 36 damage from df14. For 14 frames you get 38 damage from df34 and can follow up by ff4 to trade with their jab. For 16 frames you can launch with df2. Zafina's punishing is not good in general because she's lacking on the 12 and 15 frames punishing department. Other characters either have a high damaging 12 frame punish or a 15 launcher or even both like Lars. Zafina has none above. You have people throwing out hope kicks and the only thing you can do is inflict 24 damage. Then Jaycee does d,df43 and all you get is df34.
Melee_Sovereign
Iron Fist God
PSN: Melee_Sovereign
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't really mind that her punishment isn't great. She's still a good character now, and I'd also like her to be unique.
Signature ♪ Zafina fina bo bina, banana nana fo fina ♪

Julia Gulia, idk.....
jadensoral
Destroyer
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Damn, Asuka and Anna both got good 12 frame punishers. I thought it was part of namco's plan to even the game out but I guess they didn't want to help Zafina there also!
GrandKitaro777
"Ra"
PSN: GrandKintaro777
XBL: Passing the Salt
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm okay with the 10 frame punishments. The 10 frame punishments leads to stances, which I think make up for not having 12 frame punishers. 1 3 has + frames as well I believe.
Signature Zafina, Steve, Kazuya

Monchan
Iron Fist God
PSN: NZmonchan
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by PECA
i10 : 1,3 / 1,2 / 1,4
i14 : f4 - d2 / d/f3,4

Interesting... Is 1,4 NC now? As far as I can tell it was probably NCc.
f4 is a 14 frame punish? Thats sort of cool... although I've totally forgot what that move does.
Signature
Follow me on Twitter: @StealthGaijin
PECA
7th Dan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Monchan
Interesting... Is 1,4 NC now? As far as I can tell it was probably NCc.
f4 is a 14 frame punish? Thats sort of cool... although I've totally forgot what that move does.

1.4 is now NC but I don't think that's good. because it's -7 when hit.
But -7 is BR frame data. I don't know how change in TTT2. (I think it's same)

F4 is 14 punish. and d2 is hit on ground (can not avoid)
Signature

대한민국!
Melee_Sovereign
Iron Fist God
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
What's f+4 again? I don't remember what that is.

Julia Gulia, idk.....
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
PSN: X_Copies
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Melee_Sovereign
What's f+4 again? I don't remember what that is.

it's like the second hit of df14 except it KND for a free d2. Might as well do df34.
Melee_Sovereign
Iron Fist God
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh yeah, that move! How could I forget...

But wasn't that already i14?

Julia Gulia, idk.....
Superstar_LBV
Fujin
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
what is the command for Zafina item move using the sword in BR or TTT2??
Signature i would not hesitate to beat the hell out of and .
leonized
War Lord
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by WeaponX
Zafina's punishing is trash. For 10 to 12 frames you get 24 damage from 13~SCR but can follow up with 1+2 if you don't cancel out of SCR. For 13 frames you get 36 damage from df14. For 14 frames you get 38 damage from df34 and can follow up by ff4 to trade with their jab. For 16 frames you can launch with df2. Zafina's punishing is not good in general because she's lacking on the 12 and 15 frames punishing department. Other characters either have a high damaging 12 frame punish or a 15 launcher or even both like Lars. Zafina has none above. You have people throwing out hope kicks and the only thing you can do is inflict 24 damage. Then Jaycee does d,df43 and all you get is df34.

i think zafina's punishers are good for what type of character she is. her gameplay isn't like alisa anyway, with the new transitions available, the punishers are good enough for me, since it offers an upgrade on zafs gameplay, and that is being random and twisting those pokes of hers and play with the opponents mind
cris4thewin
Expert
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by leonized
i think zafina's punishers are good for what type of character she is. her gameplay isn't like alisa anyway, with the new transitions available, the punishers are good enough for me, since it offers an upgrade on zafs gameplay, and that is being random and twisting those pokes of hers and play with the opponents mind

I agree with you and if she's teamed up with someone that has better punishers (thinking of jinpachi ) we don't have nothing to worry about
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jadensoral
Damn, Asuka and Anna both got good 12 frame punishers. I thought it was part of namco's plan to even the game out but I guess they didn't want to help Zafina there also!

Anna doesn't have a 12 frame punisher.
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
CrimsonSe7en
6th Dan
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah the williams, miguel and zafina kinda have the same punisher build ups with df1,2 as their 13f .. anna just happen to have much better 10f
Signature FlyMagpie*

JaLoHa21
Kyu
PSN: JaLoHa21
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
I find her punishers to be good in a unique way, it might not be that much damage BUT the mix-up from the stances after could lead into bigger damaging stuff. It might not be guaranteed but it can be very damaging. And now with these new natural combos that lead into stances, she'll be even better. Leaving more options and making your opponent stay on their feet.
Signature I CANT WAIT TILL I MASTER LEI!!!
*Two years later*
FINALLY!
sithlord
THE EMPEROR
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by JaLoHa21
I find her punishers to be good in a unique way, it might not be that much damage BUT the mix-up from the stances after could lead into bigger damaging stuff. It might not be guaranteed but it can be very damaging. And now with these new natural combos that lead into stances, she'll be even better. Leaving more options and making your opponent stay on their feet.

I also cancel stances afterwards. If an opponent does a high damaging but unsafe move trying to knock me out of it, then I block and re-punish.
Signature "I'm looking forward to completing your training.
In time, you will call me: MASTER."
HARDCOAR™©®
Join the DARKSIDE
JaLoHa21
Kyu
PSN: JaLoHa21
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sithlord
I also cancel stances afterwards. If an opponent does a high damaging but unsafe move trying to knock me out of it, then I block and re-punish.

That's really good, mostly because people think that your open when your in stances. So most do those BIG moves that leave them wide open. Of you can high crush and go low.
Signature I CANT WAIT TILL I MASTER LEI!!!
*Two years later*
FINALLY!