TTT2 Jun General Discussion

Page Splits 123>...13
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
pIchu
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
So yeah... we don't have one yet and I didn't quite know where to post this...

TZ just got TTT2... two mini cabs... one has dodgy sticks... the other has dodgy buttons so I don't know if I was messing up inputs or if Jun feels a tad slower (I was playing against Shotokan.. EWGF party anyone)?

Anyway, prior playing today, I had watched maybe two or three TTT2 videos? ... and only one of them was Asuka/Jun related, so going going in to play again Shoto somewhat hampered any learning of Jun.

The timing for her b+2,1, f+1+2, 1+2 b! is much slower than I originally thought. Kept getting b+2,1,1+2 instead of the correct transition into her stance.

I didn't use d/f+2 enough... didn't know it was homing (yeah, been neglecting to read up anything about TTT2 til we got it in stores).

Not much else to say except I fudged up a lot playing her the same way I would play Asuka... ie. doesn't work. 1+2 isn't the same... no generic launchers... very different move set. All in all, I'll probably stick to Jun and learn more about her though. Seems pretty fun.

Didn't get much into her stances... as people have been saying, f+1+2 feels very slow. I only got away with it half the time today because no one else knew what the fuck I was doing.

If anyone would like me to test anything for Jun (or Asuka), let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Last edited by pIchu on Dec 10th, 2011 at 16:14

IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
hey man you can get away with 1,2 (on hit)~f1+2

f1+2 is +5 on block so you get business for free

find out how much + db3 is on hit now and if her db1 (is it?) low is any good

other than that enjoy ttt2 brother!
Signature A split second is only 30 frames.
pIchu
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
d/b+2 is the low if I remember correctly.

d/b+1 I don't remember at all... maybe just a generic d+1?

Also, b+1 (the downward elbow) seemed pretty good to me... may spike.

Edit:

So anyway, what's everyone been up to? I've really only been playing Technika as of late. T6 around here (in Brisbane) got some revival leading up to the TTT2 release (which was actually today... next week for my store).

No TTT2 in Europe must be pretty irritating considering you've played it as well... sucks to be you, Ash
Shotokan
#Unity
PSN: ShotokanAU
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Our whole setup is crap, 4 playable sides none of which are without a problem of sorts.

Jun's low (d/b+3?) was at least Hei ws+1 punishable.

Thank you for the complements Bill lol.
Signature Shotokan#U
willus259
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/snesfreak/unity.gif
pIchu
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah... that's right, so d/b+3 is at least -15.. so it's already launchable by hopkickers

It's a slow low crush too so I don't see any point in using it. d/b+2 has more range and seems to do more damage...
XelNaga
Top Tier Podcaster
PSN: XelNaga
XBL: ChippXelNaga
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Does db+3 still trip on CH or did they take that out
pIchu
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
XelNaga
I rarely used d/b+3 yesterday but I'm pretty sure I got the CH launch at least once (purely accidental.. OK, I was mashing :p).

Ash
Once I get TTT2 in here (at my work), I'm gonna get yiggs and Shotokan to do a whole lot of frame testing for me (since I can't do it while I work).... soooooooooo... can you make up a list of all of Jun's moves starting from her jabs through to her stances etc... Those two know more about the game than me and are actaully good.

I'll do this for Jun first then Asuka later.
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/jun-ttt2-frame-data/

here ya go ATP's list is still not 100% accurate as some of it still comes from ina tekken so test away!
pIchu
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks, bro.

Did you want me to send you a card as well... you know, only person in the continent who'll own a card (even though you won't have access to a machine). You'll be the envy of the town.
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
hmm...yeah I'll msn you my details later lol!
pIchu
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
XelNaga
Tested CH d/b+3.. it doesn't launch anymore. It now puts the opponent FDHT like Lee's CH d/b+3 (I think that's the right notation for that move).

Didn't really look into what follow ups work after it, though I'm guessing a f+2~5 would be used a lot.
pIchu
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Hasn't been tested but I am hitting this pretty often...

b+4>2 NC HC. Also, the 2 of the string is a launch on any hit if the b+4 whiffs or is blocked so you can fish for the launch with it.

Is anyone else even playing Jun? This forum is more dead than the Asuka ones... and the game is brand fucking new! Maybe a lot of countries don't have it yet.
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
nah people are dull tier whores - i'd be rinsing it if it wasn't for living in the uk

'sigh' it was of course yours truly who was to first TZ'er to rinse and research Jun at a loc test - passes the torch to pIchu
pIchu
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
There seem to be a lot of Yoshi users now... he has some good shit it seems.

I'm the only Jun users. A few Asuka's though. yiggs dropped Asuka for Leo I think... what a gay.
pIchu
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
OK.. just confirmed.. b+4>2 is super hit confirmable. Didn't check to see if the b+4 is safe or not, but the 2 is -13. Definitely in my top 10 moves for Jun.
eleetplayah
War Lord
PSN: tenjinmon
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
this has been bugging me for a while, now that i use genjitsu (b+1+2) more often, what does the stance actually do aside from showing off her wavy wavy fingers to the opponent? like does it counter throws like anna's cat stance or parry lows like asuka's df+1+2?
Signature FaoStatic!
Complete Asuka/Jun Combo Thread
luksgammer360
War Lord
PSN: luksgammer
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Genjitsu has a "throw counter - low parry" property. Check here:

zer0kage
&#40658;&#39438;&#22
PSN: MrZaKaGi
XBL: zer0kage
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
The window to throw counter is very tight, as it is early in the animation. Low parry is handy and might be worthwhile throwing out on oki.

IZU (f1+2) is only +5 if you opt to do a follow up move. If you leave it as it is, it's actually -15 lol.
Signature 我は空、我は鋼、我は刃!!我は一繰り剣にて全ての罪を刈り取り悪を滅する!
eleetplayah
War Lord
PSN: tenjinmon
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
thanks guys, especially for the video. i cannot fathom how close my guesses are lol. genjitsu might be a little useful against baek or hwo
Signature FaoStatic!
Complete Asuka/Jun Combo Thread
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
@shane

+5 on block in pretty sick for a homing move that goes into stance with uninterruptable jab string and safe mid tech crouch 1+2 for a ch launch

shame its a high, oh well

hmm someone test the window on GEN(b1+2) maybe it can LP strings like junkyard (although cancan's would be better - it would still be a nice option)