Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
XBL: Mr Adam0
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Even though Raven is the only person able to strike you from two places at once, he still needs a partner. Picking a second character is no easy task, but that is what this thread is for. Who do you guys think is a good character to team up with Raven, who are you going to pick and why?

Raven's Netsu Chart
Likes (+1): Zafina, Kunimitsu (?)
Dislikes (-1): Jin, Kazuya, Alisa, Ogre
Hates (-2): Yoshimitsu, Heihachi, Dragunov

People who like Raven (+1)
Lars
Alisa
Zafina
Kunimitsu (?)

People who dislike Raven (-1)
Jin
Kazuya

People who hate Raven (-2)
Dragunov
Jack-6

Damage needed to trigger netsu
Neutral: 113 (about 30% health left)
Dislikes: 123 (about 25% health left)
Hates: 128 (about 22% health left)

Health bar in TTT2:U is 165 when in Tag mode.

Source

(?) = Not confirmed, but judging by recent trailers Rav/Kuni seems to be +1/+1.

Team Specific Stuff

Below is stuff that Raven only can benefit from when Raven is paired up with a specific character, like special Tag Throws and Tag Combos.

Yoshimitsu

Special Tag Throw from Undertaker

Kunimitsu

Special Tag Throw from Undertaker

Last edited by Mr Adam0 on Jul 17th, 2012 at 16:38

DYNA$TY
Deity
PSN: Akushitsu
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Personally, I'm teaming him w/ Julia, she has good punishment, damage, assist, and oki. I think she can cover Raven's weaknesses and I think they have good damage potential. Its gonna be rough if anyone whiffs in Julia's face ie d/f+2,1 (tag raven) f,f+3, f,f+3...
Signature Team Next Generation
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
That seems like a really solid team, they are for sure going to be a high damage team when it comes to combos and have pretty good carry.

Personally as of now i think I'm going to team him with Dragunov, even though thats probably going to mean that I'm going to have a harder time getting Netsu. I do like the way Dragunov plays out and the fact that you can go from defensive play to a bit more offensive when you want. Hopefully there will also be a way to make even more use of Drags great oki where he puts you in 50/50 situations.

I am also considering Yoshi, but before i make up my mind i want to give Jinpachi a shot, he just seems to be a really good character when it comes to punishes and lows, even though some of them are pretty risky.
KNITEMAREX
Lone Wolf
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Does Raven have any official partners other than Yoshi? I guess he has spent a lot of time being on his lonesome. Afaik his only relationships have been with Yoshi, Hei and Lars so far

Anyways, I get the feel that Raven will be a good "partner" character, due to having so many solid TA! filler options. Seriously, out of d/f+2,3; SDW 3+4; ss 3+4,4,2; f,f+4; b+2,2,3; 4,1 and a few others, it'll be hard not to find a character that can benefit from him as back up

I was thinking of Lars initially. Though I got bored of the character after a while in BR, depends how much Lars can add to Raven's damage. If not him though, I'll just likely pair him with AK. They both have easy tag options with AK's DU~5 and Raven's SDW 3+4 after like every launcher he has
DYNA$TY
Deity
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I can just see it now, WS1~5, ssl d/f+1, 1+2,2, d+2~5 B! b+2,2,3, AK iSW. On second thought I'm teaming Lei up w/ Julia as my main, think I'll try Alisa/Raven as my secondary. I wonder if Raven can f,f+3, f,f+3 off of Alisa's ws2~5.

Last edited by DYNA$TY on Dec 29th, 2011 at 14:38

Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Updated the thread with the netsu chart. Raven does not seem to like that many people...
DYNA$TY
Deity
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Cool so Team iRobot is +1,-1.
Melee_Sovereign
Iron Fist God
PSN: Melee_Sovereign
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I can't believe I just so happen to main two people who like each other, and two people who barely like anyone else, though I wanted/want to use Raven with Lars and Zafina with Jaycee. I guess I could switch off, but I don't understand why Raven doesn't like Lars enough to be a good netsu partner.
Signature ♪ Zafina fina bo bina, banana nana fo fina ♪

Julia Gulia, idk.....
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Added new Kuni tag throw to OP.
Not_Available
Master
PSN: Mc_T-W-A-T-T
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm really curious about Raven's relationship with Kuni. I think they're gonna hate each other. Or like each other but be rivals or something... Now I don't know what to think anymore...
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Not_Available
I'm really curious about Raven's relationship with Kuni. I think they're gonna hate each other. Or like each other but be rivals or something... Now I don't know what to think anymore...

I don't think they will hate each other. I think if anything they would like each other since they are both ninjas and hate Yoshi.
Not_Available
Master
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mr Adam0
I don't think they will hate each other. I think if anything they would like each other since they are both ninjas and hate Yoshi.

Maybe, it's just that in the DLC character reveal thing Michelle was beating up Ganny, Angel beat up Hei, Ancient Ogre beat up Zaf, which is logical since they SHOULD hate each other, (well ganny might still crush on Michelle, idk...) and Kuni beating up... Raven? :/? Maybe there's a triangle of hate going on with the ninjas? We'll see when it comes out.
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Maybe, it's just that in the DLC character reveal thing Michelle was beating up Ganny, Angel beat up Hei, Ancient Ogre beat up Zaf, which is logical since they SHOULD hate each other, (well ganny might still crush on Michelle, idk...) and Kuni beating up... Raven? :/? Maybe there's a triangle of hate going on with the ninjas? We'll see when it comes out.

That is true, but Ogre beating on Zafina just doesn't make sense either. Shouldn't he be beating on Jin/Jun/Paul? And in the second batch of trailers Kuni is beating on Yoshi.. I don't know to be honest, all we can do at this time is speculate. Although i am hoping that at least Kuni has a tag throw with Raven that starts with Kuni.
Not_Available
Master
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mr Adam0
That is true, but Ogre beating on Zafina just doesn't make sense either. Shouldn't he be beating on Jin/Jun/Paul? And in the second batch of trailers Kuni is beating on Yoshi.. I don't know to be honest, all we can do at this time is specualte. Altough i am hoping that atleast Kuni has a tag throw with Raven that starts with Kuni.

I thought Ogre's beef with Zaf had something to do with her being all spiritual and crap with Azazel carrying over to the Ogres. Anyways, like you said I'm just speculating. I'm agreeing on the tag throw though, The one they showed now was just... ok in my book. Sure, their respective knees are legendary and all that but I was hoping for a little more disappearing/cloning shenanigans. Either way the competition for my sub with Raven just gets steeper and steeper...
ekie
Warrior
PSN: EkieofWichita
XBL: Djekie
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Netsu?

I need to start my TT2 studies soon
Signature "Thank God for Apathy"-me as far as I Know"

"The terror alert has been raise to cadalic white" -Mos Def(Black Rumsfeild)
Not_Available
Master
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Does anyone think Raven would pair up well with a Capo? Capo combos are usually pretty low to the ground and both of them don't really have any perfectly reliable b! moves (except maybe Raven's SDW f+2,3) so I'm worrying a bit about their combo synergy.
Not_Available
Master
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok, so judging by the new-new trailer Kuni and Raven have a thing going.
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok, so judging by the new-new trailer Kuni and Raven have a thing going.

All the ninja's should, it would only make sense. Does Kuni and/or Raven "hate" (netsu wise) Bryan, I'm admittedly not too keen on the ninja lore.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyler2k
All the ninja's should, it would only make sense. Does Kuni and/or Raven "hate" (netsu wise) Bryan, I'm admittedly not too keen on the ninja lore.

Raven and Bryan are haven't really had anything to do with each other story wise, so they are both neutral to each other. Kuni probably either likes or is neutral to Bryan as well, since they have hating Yoshi in common, but right now all we can do is speculate about it.
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks