Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
adipati
Raijin
PSN: thatgarlicguy
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey, guys.

Now, worldwide is having a party. TTT2 is on our every corner. Its very fun to play (though very expensive) and require lots of experiments and better understanding of the game system. Yesterday, December 22nd 2011, is my first day testing the game again since Location Test (its have arrived a couple days before in Indonesia, but im very busy travelling, working).

My first impression is good. Everything looks fantastic. Adapting to the games system is quite a challenge. But when you get hold of the system, its begin like sunshine and butterflies all over. We can also saw our replayed matches and replayed matches overseas.

My Feng is quite strong.

Many times i manage to defeat my opponent single handedly without tag-in my partner.
But, actually my partner is a deadweight. Ive focused too much on developing Feng, my second character is became rather weak. But its just a matter of time though.

NowI. 've tried many different combination like Feng-Dragunov, Feng-Bob, Feng-Bryan, Feng-Ogre. Its all good but we need to find the staple : (1) tag-bound combo, (2) tag-assault launcher combo and (3) Tag-wallrape combo. Because if we dont, this game would be no different than T6BR.

I will breakdown this thread discussion into atleast three subjects.

First, Partners.

Who would you team up Feng with?. Defensive-Defensive, or Defensif-Agressive? Feng built as a turtle. So pairing him up with a aggressive character would make the gameplay balanced.

I mean, Feng poking tools is not half bad, but not top notch either. So to bust open a team of certain Defensive character, we need partners that could do the job for Feng. So like, when our partner has poke enough damage outta them, then its up to Feng to defend the advantages. Well, at least thats how i see the game. I'm pretty sure, you all has your own opinion.

example:

if you paired Feng with Bruce, if you see a whiffed moves, and there is a wall at long distance, Feng should punish it with tag assault launcher (1+2+5). Then Bruce stepped in and use his crazy wallcarry to combo our opponents to the wall, since Bruce could carry opponents much longer than Feng.

another example:

Feng has relatively has low damage output, but has launcher for almost every ocassion.
- ws+3 for block punishing (while Heihachi, Hwoarang, Bruce etc didnt)
- f+3,4 for long range punishing (while 70% of the rosters didnt)
- ss+4 for highcrushing (while Lars, AK, etc had to CH to get full combo)
and many others.

So we could, launch and tag (i.e ws+3,5) in our partner that has better damage output.

And then this game is a very situational game. That rely very much on our imagination and creativity to optimize the TAG function.

For me, for now, my team is Feng and Bob. Since Bob has many tools i'm dying to have in Feng. f+23, uf+3, d+1, ws mixups and the juggling throw. Ofcourse, Bob also will be very much helped from Feng many good points. Bob also had better poking tools than Feng.

Second, TAG Combo.

In TTT2 the fusion of our team would show best in the TAG combo. Either Launch TAG combo, or just B! TAG Combo. Either way, our chosen team should have the best way to maximized the unification into juggle damage or situational moments, like floor breaks, wall combos and others.

This is the part where we need everyones help. Currently i'm using Feng, Bob, Dragunov, Bryan, King, Armor King, Bruce, Lars, and Leo. So i will post here if i managed to find or see TAG combos outta Feng teamup with those characters. But, theres still 31 more characters that i didnt know how its gonna turn out if Feng got teamup with the rest of the rosters. But you all maybe know, since we all uses different second character. So, please shares your find or your thought on TAG combos based on your own teamup.

So, i'm asking every Feng player here to share their findings about those three infos:

1. tag-bound combo (i.e staple uf4,f3,4,f+1,db+1+2,5 B!)

2. tag-assault launcher combo (1+2+5)

3. tag-wallrape combo (i.e Feng-Bob W! f4,3,5 B! Bob b2242 Feng 334)

in example, scrubzilla is using Feng-Asuka, so what is your staple choice for those three combos?

Please share.

Last edited by adipati on Dec 23rd, 2011 at 04:08

Signature PSN: thatgarlicguy
Add me as your friend, send me an invitation and lets play!
http://www.facebook.com/adipati.rahmat
https://twitter.com/adipatirahmat
adipati
Raijin
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks to rudy

Feng-Leo

f3,4_uf4_ws3
df1,1,f4,3 TA! (f3~d BOK1,2) dash 3~4,3
f4
u2 TA! (uf2) f3,4, 1, f3,4
W!
f4,3 B! (f3~d BOK1,2) f3,4

Feng-Ganryu

f3,4_uf4_ws3
df1,1,f4,3 TA! (df4,1,2_b2,1,2) dash 3~4,3
f4
u2 TA! (ff4) f3,4, 1, f3,4
W!
f4,3 B! (b2,1,2) f3,4

Last edited by adipati on Dec 25th, 2011 at 01:15

Kiwi
Shihan
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
It is quite simple. Feng needs to team with someone who can play incredibly offensive to counter/ balance his own weaknesses.

Use the other character to do the most pressuring and damage, and use Feng more when you are low in health.
PhineBuyM3
Fujin
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
For me, defense/defense I'm teaming Feng with Yoshimitsu and I turtle just as hard with Yoshi as I do with Feng.
Signature
THE SCRUB ZILLA
Raijin
PSN: AOS_SCRUB_ZILLA
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Jinpachi is great at punishing so I've been hearing so I think I'll team Feng with him.
Signature Make Wei or be Fenged!
VA TEKKEN RAGE
RVA TEKKEN
FENG OF VA
adipati
Raijin
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Some info, Yuu's said that Feng maybe best if paired with character Lars, Leo and Ogre. Why? Because the three of them could lift enemy post bound high enough to Feng managed to gives additional damage.

example:
Feng: uf+4, f+3,4, f+1,f+4,3B! Leo ff+4,3 Feng f+3,4
65-70%? wew, hahaha
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Well first of all..for me I want to use characters I'm comfy with lol. I also use Miguel and Lei (just picked up Lei) and I also want to use Wang as well. I've considered picking up Heihachi (Scrub Zilla and I think alike) for the punishment and range.

I want to turtle with all my characters to be honest. Wang and Lei seem essential for this. I love characters that can just evade things and waste quite a bit of time if I need it. Miguel seems like he'll be my wall carrying partner. It's also really easy to pressure people with miguel (df1 spam and SS combined) and waste tons of time this way.

That's just one aspect though. I guess my main idea is to turtle with everyone just with different methods. I still need to watch more videos of other characters before I truly speculate.

What do you guys think?
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
THE SCRUB ZILLA
Raijin
PSN: AOS_SCRUB_ZILLA
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Those seem like good choices. I've also been brushing up with Asuka to partner with Feng. She's receiving some buffs from what I hear so this should work out well.
Signature Make Wei or be Fenged!
VA TEKKEN RAGE
RVA TEKKEN
FENG OF VA
adipati
Raijin
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys, we need your help. All of you.
Yesterday is my first time touching the TTT2 again, since Location Tests.

My Feng is quite strong.

Many times i manage to defeat my opponent single handedly without tag-in my partner.
But, actually my partner is a deadweight. I've tried many different combination like Feng-Dragunov, Feng-Bob, Feng-Bryan, Feng-Ogre. Its all good but still the best tag-bound combo, tag-assault launcher combo and tag-wallrape combo is need to be found.

So, i'm asking every Feng player here to share their findings about those three infos:
1. tag-bound combo (i.e staple uf4,f3,4,f+1,db+1+2,5 B!)
2. tag-assault launcher combo (1+2+5)
3. tag-wallrape combo (i.e Feng-Bob W! f4,3,5 B! Bob b2242 Feng 334)

in example, scrubzilla is using Feng-Asuka, so what is your staple choice for those three combos?

Please share.
Rudy024
Sage
PSN: Rudy024
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Side char commands are in ()

Feng-Leo

f3,4_uf4_ws3
df1,1,f4,3 TA! (f3~d BOK1,2) dash 3~4,3
f4
u2 TA! (uf2) f3,4, 1, f3,4
W!
f4,3 B! (f3~d BOK1,2) f3,4

Feng-Ganryu

f3,4_uf4_ws3
df1,1,f4,3 TA! (df4,1,2_b2,1,2) dash 3~4,3
f4
u2 TA! (ff4) f3,4, 1, f3,4
W!
f4,3 B! (b2,1,2) f3,4

I personally don't use tag launcher (1+2+5) too much, f3,4 is just as fast I think and has better reward for whff punish.
Signature How to break the tier: Shenanigans
adipati
Raijin
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
riiight..
yesterday, i played again and managed to hit 1+2+5 as a whiff punishment moves
but, since after tag in our partner we could no longer bound our opponents, the damage output is rather unrewarding. please share if you guys has better use of tag launcher

btw, thanks rudy. i'll borrow your post to update this thread
Rudy024
Sage
PSN: Rudy024
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
1+2+5 is a decent B! move for the wall after a very long wall carry, where dash f4,3 is just too slow and iffy since f4 is a high. it has great range and I think it does more damage than dash db1+2. The only downside is I guess is that it automatically activate Tag assault, so you technically can't stop from activating the opp's netsu unless you don't attack.

For combos, any 3-hit string that doesn't push them too far is great for TA!. Dash 3~4,3 will be the staple ender for long combos IMO since dash f3,4 is rather iffy if you want consistency.

Oh and BTW, we finally have a decent CH GU3 combo, 'cause of 1+4. You can do CH GU3, cc 1+4, db1+2 B!
Signature How to break the tier: Shenanigans
seishiro41
2nd Dan
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
sirs id greatly appreciate ur help on feng pairing him up with lei any suggestionson combos and etc? on how to sync feng with him... id greatly appreciate it thank you
[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
XBL: Nor 360 =S
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by seishiro41
sirs id greatly appreciate ur help on feng pairing him up with lei any suggestionson combos and etc? on how to sync feng with him... id greatly appreciate it thank you

Honestly there is no exact way of synching Lei or Feng, but the typical Tag Assault filler for Lei as partner is either f+3,1,2_ff+4,3+4_1+2,2 and typical Tag Assault for Feng as partner is f+3,4_ff+4,3.
For Lei options after Tag Assault follow up is usually a WR+3, but there are time that I personally will whiff the WR+3 for BT setups, then there is other setups with razor rush, 3~4 to BT or ground stance or WR+3 to space out and do a Tag WR move with Feng tagged in.
For Feng's option after a Tag Assault so far I only found, WR+3 for spacing and damage just like mentioned in Lei, ff+3_4~3 for Oki, and keep them up close. Good for forcing opponent to Tag Crash. Also 3~4,4 for damage, but I personally don't use that yet.
Signature &// - Dragon - Tiger - Crane -DTC
seishiro41
2nd Dan
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by [~DTC~]
Honestly there is no exact way of synching Lei or Feng, but the typical Tag Assault filler for Lei as partner is either f+3,1,2_ff+4,3+4_1+2,2 and typical Tag Assault for Feng as partner is f+3,4_ff+4,3.
For Lei options after Tag Assault follow up is usually a WR+3, but there are time that I personally will whiff the WR+3 for BT setups, then there is other setups with razor rush, 3~4 to BT or ground stance or WR+3 to space out and do a Tag WR move with Feng tagged in.
For Feng's option after a Tag Assault so far I only found, WR+3 for spacing and damage just like mentioned in Lei, ff+3_4~3 for Oki, and keep them up close. Good for forcing opponent to Tag Crash. Also 3~4,4 for damage, but I personally don't use that yet.

sadly thats true well thanks for the info though but i kinda want to improve on my feng though
greyfoxx
Kyu
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by seishiro41
sadly thats true well thanks for the info though but i kinda want to improve on my feng though

try not to focus on launching your opponent every time. try to mix things up with feng's stance and BT
Signature momentum is a great ally
seishiro41
2nd Dan
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by greyfoxx
try not to focus on launching your opponent every time. try to mix things up with feng's stance and BT
thanks so much sir id consider that
retsu_himura
Iron Fist God
PSN: acceber evol samoht
XBL: ? ! ? ! ?
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
saw this kuma/lei combo
kuma f+2,1 w!, db+1,2~TA!, lei uf+3, CRN 3,4,2,3, kuma uf+3,4,1+2
so base on these one I assume this might works:
w!, feng f+4,3~TA!, lei uf+3, CRN 3,4,2,3, feng b+1+2
Maybe a stronger ender, anyway, anyway, I'm just guessing.
The arcade is alittle far from my home and each time I slot in a credit, the challengers will just keep coming. It's difficult and expensive to test thing in the arcade I play. Perhaps someone could help verify.
Signature Every new tekken series is a new game.
no matter how early u started tekken,
if u cant follow up with the changes then u'll be out for good.
wooden-man
Fujin
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Tested that wall TA! of rtesu yesterday night, it works man.
Just wondering if I can end with something stronger, I think ws1,2,1 might works, but the idea pop up too late, I already left the arcade.

I did another wall combo, w! Lei ff2~5TA!, Feng 334, Lei ub4, gotten this idea from taizo's lee/feng. Perhaps I could ends with lei d4,4 but then again the idea came too late.
Signature demotion risk

seishiro41
2nd Dan
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by wooden-man
Tested that wall TA! of rtesu yesterday night, it works man.
Just wondering if I can end with something stronger, I think ws1,2,1 might works, but the idea pop up too late, I already left the arcade.

I did another wall combo, w! Lei ff2~5TA!, Feng 334, Lei ub4, gotten this idea from taizo's lee/feng. Perhaps I could ends with lei d4,4 but then again the idea came too late.
wow more pls hahahaha