Page Splits 123>...40
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
3L1
PSN: TKM_3L1
XBL: Threeli
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Probably not a whole lot of answers outside of Asia/Australia about the official build yet but hey, it doesn't hurt to ask.
ARESone
Champion
PSN: ARES_one
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Which characters are Hwo's tag partners? Baek, who else?
Dei
7th Dan
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Does LFF 4, 3 automatically go into LFS or is it a cancel? Can the old LFF 4, 3 still be performed?
Signature
DanielPhoenix
Iron Fist God
PSN: DanielPhoenix
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Dei
Does LFF 4, 3 automatically go into LFS or is it a cancel? Can the old LFF 4, 3 still be performed?

yes,he will go into LFS only if you press forward.
Signature "To Hell With Circumstances; I Create Opportunities"
---- Youtube Channel ---- "No retreat No surrender"----
JFSR~5
Dei
7th Dan
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Are there any good moves to follow LFF f+2 & LFF f+2~f?
Signature
Cynnik
alot deep
PSN: Cynnik
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Can he do his u/f+3+4 from RFS? If not, what do you do for low crush in RFS?
Also, is d/f+2 tagable?
TheDinosaur
Hurm
XBL: Archelon
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
lff f+2 you just want to attack with standard rff stuff (2, b+2, df+3, db+3, df+4) if it connects and block if it gets blocked. maybe f+2, b+4 very rarely. never use f+2~f, is useless.

don't think RFS uf+3+4 works. uf+3+4 is a bad low crush anyway. RFS b+4 prolly.

as a semi-relevant aside, you can't low parry in RFF so be aware of that as well.

I don't think any df+2s are taggable
Signature Say NO to shoulder buttons!

Bloody Elbow: The MMA website I write for. It is the best MMA website.
l0rds1lv3r
War Lord
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm using jin / Hwo, quite hard to have both of them around

What are you teams Dinosaur?

Will upload vids by next week
Signature Sydney YT Channel || Sydney Forum || Sydney Blog

[Freelancer] LordSilver [STC] - Retired from Tekken
TheDinosaur
Hurm
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
^ cool, I think zerokage showed me some of your t6 matches, good stuff.

I think I'm prolly going to play king / bryan. I'll leave hwo to starscream - incidentally he was mentioning that because jin doesn't have a 1 hit bound move that you can use after most combos, it's hard to get the crazy unblockable combo with that team.

DanielPhoenix
Iron Fist God
PSN: DanielPhoenix
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
it might work if you B! them with 1+2+5... maybe.
Signature "To Hell With Circumstances; I Create Opportunities"
---- Youtube Channel ---- "No retreat No surrender"----
JFSR~5
TheDinosaur
Hurm
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
I think he did try it - said it didn't work after can-cans or hopkick. I think it would def work after ws+2, maybe ecd+1 as well.

Inserity
Iron Fist God
PSN: Inserity
XBL: Steam: Inserity
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Jin df4?

Hwo b+3~5 Jin df+4~TA! Hwo unblockable etc?
StarScream
War Lord
PSN: KerridgeCourt
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah, it works off hwoarang b+3~5 [into Jins df+4 TA!]
But it doesnt seem 2 work off most of Jins launchers.
2 b honest, i didnt try ecd+1, or his new CDS 1+2

it works off CD+2 ch, ff, df+4 TA!...
can can, 1+2+5 was 2 slow
Signature "We're not here to frolick Skywarp... get rid of him"
The MegaTron Don...
Unfuckwithable...
Un4getable..
l0rds1lv3r
War Lord
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
I seem to have trouble with Hwoarang's movement. It's not as smooth as T6. Maybe it's just me. I'm slowly getting used to TTT2 at the moment.

I will record Sydney Matches tonight. Will upload ASAP on my Youtube channel.

@StarScream : I will try b+3~5 unblockable tonight and see how I go.

I should also discuss Hwoarang's stuff in here instead of facebook. So there shouldn't be any double posting. Anyway, I will give you guys update quite soon.

SSJ-Luffy
Destroyer
PSN: SSJ-Luffy
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Can you try out these things?

CH b+2~5
CH f+1+2~5
d/f+2, d+4,4~5

The only thing, which shouldn't work is the last one.
Signature Touhou addicted Tekken player.
TTT2 Mains: +
Subs: , , Leo, Ling, Angel, D-Jin
l0rds1lv3r
War Lord
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
I think You asked the same questions in Facebook, I will get into it ASAP. I want to know as much as you do.

I was going to test them out, but I ended up deathmatching lol.

Anyway,I have recorded a lot of matches, its uploading now in my channel

Any help with Hwo / Jin would be appreciated.

3L1
PSN: TKM_3L1
XBL: Threeli
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Is it possible to deliberately do a longer WB! combo from TA long enough for hwoarang to get a RFF 3~4, d/f+3,f+4?

so like...

W! RFF f,f+3 B! TA WS 1,4,2 RFF 3~4, d/f+3,f+4
cost-12
Kyu
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
How is Hwoarang's backdash distance? From the vids I've seen it looks worse than Tekken 6.
ArvsRaion
5th Dan
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
So I heard Hwo is top tier now. What exactly makes him top tier in this iteration? What changes?
Signature My new addiction

Bataan Team Tekken's Youtube Channel
l0rds1lv3r
War Lord
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Sorry guys, it took me a while for me to reply. I have been busy with work during christmas and other commitments.

@SSJ-Luffy :
b+2~5 - No
f1+2 - No
df+2 - No
d+4,4 - Yes

@3l1 : It is not possible to do that combo after TA. the opponent goes down before the first one hit. I will do some more testing on this however. I will try using a shorter combo and see if it will work or not.

@Cost-12 : I'm not a pro at backdashes, and also the machine that I was playing wasn't at it's best condition. It's really hard to BD or WD. Since the arcade where I was is at the main street, random people comes and uses these machines with Rage if they loses, sometimes buttons and sticks get smashed. they get worn out quite quickly unfortunately.

@ArvsRaion : Well, let me tell you why Hwo is top tier. Some of you guys might not agree to this...

Positive:
-Unblockable combo hits 50% health wall carry options as well (it will go around 65%-70%dmg in to total damage)
-WS (While Standing) 3 boosted into 13f. Faster, can punish low better
-JFSR is a bit more safer -10 on block. Jack could punish it.
-new moves from RFS low mid & low high are pretty good
-d3,4 and d3,f3,3 is NC. better but slower (I have a feeling they are slightly slower as in from the animation to come out)

Negative:
-They got rid of ff2 grab. Which is quite useful to do a pressure grab and it's not 1+2 grab break it's acctually 2. that grab is still there, I think it's b,b 2+4 ( let me get back on this ) since this grab is a bit useless now.
- d3+4 has been removed which was a fast low move. some people use this move to do the last hit kill. now we can't do it anymore.

I'm sure there might be more, we can discuss this later.

However,

Unblockable combos are probably going to get fixed.
the new moves will be much more seeable. just like when T6BR introduced new Hwoarang Strings...low high low high low high... people were like WTF!!! some people use these tactics to win rounds. As what I am saying, Hwoarang is not easy to use either. a lot of people still doesn't know that the CD3 is -17. Hwo mirror match could be deadly if one doesn't do the JFSR right and were blocked.

===========================================

This is the rundown for Hwoarang in my point of view, Some of you may or may not disagree upon my view.

-wall carry after B! I cannot use 1,2,df3,f4. the two kicks doesn't hit at all. it annoys me because that was my staple combo in T6BR. However, you can still use 4,4,3 or df1,d2,WS4,4,3. Which all hits, I'm happy with this. you can always do mixup with d4 for stomp after the WS or df4 then f into RFF df4 which bounds the opponent again. the LFS df3 and RFS df4 bound move is pretty good and it gives some extra advantage to Hwoarang ( More bound moves ).

-d3,4 that goes into RFF is NC, such a good advantage for opponents to start ducking. I feel like that specific move is a bit slower than T6BR. also, d3,f3,3(L,H,H) is also NC.

-4,3~f into LFS is pretty good. 12f into Flamingo, love it.

-If you want to solo Hwo, you can easily done the following move after bound. which is the new d3+4,3. this move is acctually pretty easy and you can run after the opponent to charge, slide or bla bla bla. keep in mind that Hwo does so much damage against bigger character such as AK,Marduk,King,Bob, panda and Kuma. I'm sure there are others...

-f1+2 on Counter has the same animation as Jin's f4 on counter. Hwoarang can pick them up by dashing into df3, or going into RFF,3.

I have some Staple Jin/Hwo Unblockable [ SO AWESOME ] starting from [HWO] :

- Wall Carry option : Hwo b+3, Jin df4 TAG!, go into RFF,f3,1+4, Jin runs in an b+3 (Just before the body hits the ground). Then the Hwo's Unblockable hit the Opponent,Jin bf2, b2,1.

- Running into an opponent option : [Hwo] b+3, Jin's df4 TAG!, go into RFF,f3,1+4, Jin runs in an b+3 (Just before the body hits the ground). Then the [Hwo]'s Unblockable hit the Opponent, db2,2,3.
Keep in mind that once you finish this combo, you could get a running grab, shoulder charge or slide kick or whatever you can think of while you are running.

The similar setup from Jaycee's Unblockable video, it can be done with Jin. it can do 100% of the health tech trap if they fall for it.

here's the input:
[Hwo] b+3 TAG!, df4 TAG!, go into RFF,f3,1+4, (instead of doing 's b+3) make sure that you time it well to jump over the body after you do [Hwo]'s Unblockable. when you jump over the opponent's body the Hwo's Unblockable should hit if they tech roll.

While you are controlling the jump, make sure that you turn around and do the following with Jin:

b2,1 1,3~3 B! and bla bla. very effective. I have tested them with other players, and they gave me the look .

Unblockable starting from Jin :

bf2,1 1,3~3 B! [Hwo] go into RFF f3,1+4 and do the jin jumping trick. I haven't got this consistent yet. So I will try more later on.

Well guys, hopefully this info will help you guys If I made some input error, let me know. I play a lot but I rarely post T_T

Also, for the Hwo mods, can you please do me a favor and do some run down description on Hwo's basics. so for the future Hwo players, they can get enough support from this thread and so people do not ask repetitive questions. We could just refer them to the front page. Easy to get to and easy to have reference from.

Happy New Year guys long live hwoarang players. Damn, I can't believe it has been 4 years for me

Last edited by l0rds1lv3r on Dec 30th, 2011 at 12:27