Bryan New Moves/Changes (Please read first post!)

Page Splits 123>...9
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Cynnik
alot deep
PSN: Cynnik
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Bryan
f+4,1: works in juggles to B! and as an instant B! launcher. i18, -12 OC on block. second hit knocks down FD/FA on CH. First hit is -11 with huge pushback on block. 6f input window between the two hits.
b,d/f+4: slow low kick which looks like f+1+2 cancelled into the second hit of ss+2,3, but with his right leg; can cancel by holding B, -13 on block and +14 with nothing free on hit.
d/f+2,1: still NC but doesn't jail anymore on block. Damage buffed (specifically the second hit) and is now his ideal 13f punish. First hit has 2f less recovery (was -8 on block and +3 on hit, now -6 on block and +5 on hit). Second hit was +2 on hit, now +4 on hit.
WS+2~f+2~5: partner tags in from the other side for normal combo.
d/f+2,3: new move, looks like d/f+2 into 3+4, NCc; -13
d/f+1,1,1,1,2: delayable and NC again. last hit does the majority of the damage in the string now. Last hit -15, knocks over on CH. Tracking weaker - he no longer realigns if you do the string slowly as efficiently as he did in T6. Last hit was +2 on hit, now +1 on hit.
qcb+3: +4 on hit.
qcb+4: cannot be flipped over with db+2 now. system-wide change.
1+2,2: first hit was 14f start up and -10 on block, now 17f start up and -7 on block. Second hit was 0 on hit, now +3 on hit. 10f input window between the two hits.
d+1+2, b: cancels second hit into backsway. slow.
qcb+2,4: second hit bounds against airborne opponents, 11f input window between the two hits. first hit was -6 on block, now -9 on block.
ws+3,4: second hit knocks down / wall stuns on CH instead of doing a small stun.
CH ff+4: knockdown can now be tech rolled.
3+4: no more inescapable double over stun on CH- now does the same crumple stun as normal hit.
qcf+1+2: inescapable double over stun on CH.
Taunt tracking toned down - you cannot do wall combo, dash taunt any more to catch tech roll on both sides, unless the taunt is timed to match with their tech timing.
fff+3: was +17 on block, now +9 on block.
ss+1: now stuns on CH like CH f+3, was -5 on block, now 0 on block.
ss+1~2: was -12 on block, now -5 on block.
CH (1),2: was +10, now +5 just like NH.
CH (4,3),f+4: was +14, now launches for what seems to be only a ff+2 follow-up.
f+1+2: was -3 on block, now +2 on block.
d/b+3: no pushback on contact (hit or block), damage nerfed.
d/b+1+2: was -9 on block, now -7 on block.
f+3: was 17f start up and +2 on hit, now 16f start up and +1 on hit.
3,3,2: third hit was -11 on block, now -8 on block.
3,2,1: third hit now has extra 3f recovery (was -6 on block and +5 on hit, now -9 on block and +2 on hit).
3,2,1,4: last hit was -13 on block and +2 on hit, now -12 on block and +0 on hit.
d+4: was -11 on block, now -12 on block.
4: was -5 on block, now -8 on block.
Back Throw: now wall splats if the wall is behind Bryan, with bound follow up possible. Throw reduced to 30 points if wall splat occurs. Also can get the same wall splat + bound follow up potential from Jack to Bryan version (Jack u/f+1+2~5 when teamed with Bryan).

Tag bufferable launchers:
WS+1
WS+2~f+2~5: partner tags in from the other side for normal combo
jet upper
qcb+4
d+1+2~2

Last edited by Mr. NAPS on Dec 30th, 2013 at 13:58

TheDinosaur
Hurm
XBL: Archelon
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
ok, I played a bunch of (early build) bryan.

my thoughts are that he is still strong, even the early build without df+11112. He's still very threatening near the wall as you merely need to taunt dash to realign in most situations to get taunts - they have to mash buttons to stop you which is obviously very dangerous. also, in some situations you can get dash taunt to tech trap much like you could before.

f+4,1 is very good, not only for punishing whiffs but for punishing stuff on block where his launches were previously inconsistent or not there - marduk db+1+2, law ws+2, capo df+3+4 etc. it has a TON of range. like qcb+2,4 you can kinda hit confirm it.

b,df+4 does decent damage and leaves them very disadvantaged on hit +9 or +10 acording to ina, but that also said it was -13 on block, whereas it was at least -16 in our version. people will prolly be able to see it on reaction soon. dash into b,df+4 worked well for me after 3+4 on hit.

d+1+2 into backsway wasn't working?

jack works great as a tag partner. they have a decent tag throw (uf+1+2~5 from jack) but more to the point jack's incredible retardation and good lows / throws nicely complement bryan's relative difficulty and lack of rushdown / random factor.

df+2,3 is also a fair bit better than I was expecting. on CH it's good damage and a very solid oki guess. afaik most characters can't punish it on block at all.

was doing silly stuff like qcb+4,db+2,1,f+4,1~5 u+1+2 with jack then run under with bryan, turn around, 1,ff+2
Signature Say NO to shoulder buttons!

Bloody Elbow: The MMA website I write for. It is the best MMA website.
Nori
Crom is my god
PSN: RxF_Nori
XBL: Nori Batousai
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Can Bryan still stay in your face and poke all day? Can you post some more thoughts on his poking please? Thanks man
Signature
What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women - Conan the Barbarian
TheDinosaur
Hurm
XBL: Archelon
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't really feel like he was a "stay in and poke" character in BR at all, most of his pokes seem intact tho. if df+11112 is back he is fine - from the looks of the release build they kind of focused the damage of that string in the last hit - it doesn't do much more damage overall, but the first hits do way less damage and the last one does a shocking chunk. last hit is reportedly -15 (was still only jab punishable in our build) but it's not like it gets blocked very often anyway.

df+2,3 is his main poking buff IMO - it's a fast mid from standing with a nice reward / knockdown on CH. as I said in the GD tier thread, knockdowns are very important when you want to tag. I think its usefulness will be mostly determined by what character you're up against - largely pointless against kuma / king / bob etc, pretty good against most others.

1+2 is still useful, just not as a lazy whiff punisher / taunt followup at the end of the round.

qcf+1+2 crumple stuns on CH if anyone cares hah.
Signature Say NO to shoulder buttons!

Bloody Elbow: The MMA website I write for. It is the best MMA website.
Zhan
Retirement
PSN: KNEE2nd
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Signature with KNEE(?)
Me vs Knee(?) 2013
Originally Written by cgas123: If using the same move over and over to defeat a person is cheap, then the player eating it over and over is dumb. There is a way to stop everything in tekken so in the highest level of gameplay there is no cheap. -=T:SB=-
Mr. NAPS
ProBum 24/7
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TheDinosaur
I don't really feel like he was a "stay in and poke" character in BR at all

Agreed. Unless I'm aiming to taunt, I want people as far away as possible.

Some changes that have not been mentioned yet:

-3+4 does not stun on CH anymore. The result of a CH is the same stun as NH.

-d/f+1 series, in terms of the second hit and onward, does not track anymore. This, combined with the change of the 2 being -15 now, means you must be careful when hit-confirming on an off-axis opponent.

-d/b+3's push back is non-existent now. When I was playing at Evo, the positioning afterwards felt pretty awkward because of this. You are stuck at a negative (assuming they didn't change the hit stun from BR), in a crouching state, right up in their face.

-fff+3_running 3, in what appears to be a system-wide change, has a different block stun animation, leaves you closer on block, and is less advantage on block. What this means for Bryan specifically is, he no longer gets an unparryable and sometimes safe on block low attempt, b+1 may be interruptable or steppable, etc.
Signature EmphyNAPS, @l33temphasys.com(?) <SCGschool>
1. Calm down
2. Run around
4. Throw shit out
I'll just save #3 for when I need it.
St. George
Lee of Campbelltown
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
wasn't db3 neutral on block?
Signature Flushking.
Mr. NAPS
ProBum 24/7
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by St. George
wasn't db3 neutral on block?

Assuming you mean "on hit", I believe d/b+3 has had the exact same frame numbers since its debut in 5.0 (-12, -1, and +4).
Signature EmphyNAPS, @l33temphasys.com(?) <SCGschool>
1. Calm down
2. Run around
4. Throw shit out
I'll just save #3 for when I need it.
St. George
Lee of Campbelltown
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
I sure did mean on hit. Thought i may have been reacting to it wrong all this time, but -1 is about the same.
Signature Flushking.
Rich
Iron Fist God
PSN: TXRich
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
so to anyone thats played bryan....how does he feel movement/gravity wise? is he the same as BR?
also, taunt tracks only if you dash taunt?
Signature "I do what I can with what I have."- Superman
Kane
Lucky Lili
PSN: emily_rochefort
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
kinda a lame change, but the opponent can now techroll after ff4 on hit .. -_-
Signature 💢 repping the Tekken Kawaii Brigade ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡ ) (◕‿◕✿ ) ( ͡╭͜ʖ╮͡ )

Originally posted by Lukmendes
I honestly wonder if Kane has a list of "Why Lili sucks" on his computer, to avoid having to write the same things over and over again .
Data
3rd Dan
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kane
kinda a lame change, but the opponent can now techroll after ff4 on hit .. -_-

I think, another possible answer to this setup is after ff+4, SSL, dash, taunt, JU?

What do you think?
ikarus_red
Kyu
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
i have seen a video where b,df+4 was cancelled into b+4 at the wall, not a bad mixup
Kane
Lucky Lili
PSN: emily_rochefort
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Data
I think, another possible answer to this setup is after ff+4, SSL, dash, taunt, JU?

What do you think?

no. movement is so good in this game, anyone can get around stuff like that.

~~~

in regards to what I posted earlier ... you can tech or roll back on CH ff4. I don't think u can on normal hit.

bryan is still pretty good ... need to be careful when using df11112 even on hit if you are hitting someone's ss, then the last hit or two may still whiff then u can get launched, even when done slowly.

~~~

bryan / bob is an extremely strong team :

bry / bob: qcb4, ju~5, d23, 1, ff2~5, TA db1+2, bob fff 1+2,1+2

bob / bry: db1+2~5, ju~5, d23, 1, ff2~5, TA db1+2, bob fff 1+2,1+2

bryan's TA wall combo is ~5, b21~ss, f214, then whatever string

he seems powerful, but still a bit slow heh... and tracking is a problem.
Signature 💢 repping the Tekken Kawaii Brigade ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡ ) (◕‿◕✿ ) ( ͡╭͜ʖ╮͡ )

Originally posted by Lukmendes
I honestly wonder if Kane has a list of "Why Lili sucks" on his computer, to avoid having to write the same things over and over again .
kennyrbk22
No More Tekken :(
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
guys what do you mean by dashing then taunt that it will track? i mean in BR that is the case right? when taunting after wall slump? you have to dash in for it to track right? or do you mean you have to do it like a *deep dash* now? like Knee and Sunchip is doing to negate late techroll? i can't seem to understand this. i saw videos of bryan players in tag 2 they are dashing and the taunt is not tracking at all please explain it to me sir if it doesn't bother you
Signature GG toyz
Lots-of-Laughs
Tekken Lord Black
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Glad to see he hasn't been substantially nerfed, but this is bad news:

Originally posted by Mr. NAPS

-3+4 does not stun on CH anymore.

Data
3rd Dan
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
@kennyrbk22: In Tekken 6 BR, taunt does track SS. So what they are doing is just timing the opponent's tech roll and taunt hit. In Tekken tag 2 case, it doesn't track SS anymore, so you have to dash to adjust the axis and taunt.
kennyrbk22
No More Tekken :(
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Data
@kennyrbk22: In Tekken 6 BR, taunt does track SS. So what they are doing is just timing the opponent's tech roll and taunt hit. In Tekken tag 2 case, it doesn't track SS anymore, so you have to dash to adjust the axis and taunt.
hmm so that means Bryan's mixup after wall slump is screwed? i mean what kind of dash i have to do to make it hit? in t6br after wall slump WE have to dash then taunt consistently no frame less or its going to get interrupted. now in tag2 we need to *dash* to adjust the angle? sounds the same to me i'm confused i mean all this time all Bryan players do before taunting an opponent is dashing right? how it is not the same as before? if dashing works its still the same right? though i saw Sunchip's in early builds of ttt2 he dash before taunting an opp. after wall slump. and it does not track anymore. and HE did a dash before that. what i'm confused about is what kind of dash do we need to do? you mean like steve fox dashing in so he can db3,2 or any mid mixup? if that's the case then...sad to say its not guaranteed anymore

sorry bout the long message i'm really just curious about Tekken Tag 2 Bryan
Signature GG toyz
Zhan
Retirement
PSN: KNEE2nd
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm16345757

check 3:01 bryans taunt. seems it tracks right? lol
Signature with KNEE(?)
Me vs Knee(?) 2013
Originally Written by cgas123: If using the same move over and over to defeat a person is cheap, then the player eating it over and over is dumb. There is a way to stop everything in tekken so in the highest level of gameplay there is no cheap. -=T:SB=-
Demoyon
prisoner of desires
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Tested yesterday, b,df+4 is only -13 on block. df+2,3 is also -13 on block.

Also, CH WS+3,4, f+4,1 B! works.

EDIT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozf-EUV46xk
taunt~JU here might be due to the diagonal wall splat, also Knee dashed to align there, so it could work on those conditions

@Zhan
At the video you posted, taunt does seem to track right, same with the video above, so taunt may track right now.

Last edited by Demoyon on Dec 22nd, 2011 at 03:59

Signature