[Q&A] Need to ask something?

Page Splits <1234>...23
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Kiwi
Shihan
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Agreed, worthless move as far as Im concerned.
[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
XBL: Nor 360 =S
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fhwoarang
The thing with 1+4 is that it is unsafe and punisahble on both block and hit. I don't know about CH (maybe it's good on CH).

But for an automatic combo (you can't just do the low kick if you want), being unsafe on block or hit is pretty worthless, IMO. Regardless of the frame data, doesn't matter because the opponent can duck the high on hit.

Perhaps, as you say, it will work much better as wall carrier.

thought I've heard 1+4 give like +5 or 6 frames on hit...also inatekken shows that 1+4 can also be done from qcf
Signature &// - Dragon - Tiger - Crane -DTC
redihokuto
4th Dan
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Ina Tekken report f3,4 being only -13! This could be a great improvement ( in tekken 6 Br was -16)

This the complete legenda :
龍歩昇雲2発目
(りゅうほしょううん 6LK,RK 中,中JS 12,24 -13?

Someone can test??
Fhwoarang
Iron Fist God
PSN: Fhwoarang
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by redihokuto
Ina Tekken report f3,4 being only -13! This could be a great improvement ( in tekken 6 Br was -16)
Someone can test??

Maybe this explains why f+3,4 works better in juggles. It recovers now three frames faster.

Last edited by Fhwoarang on Oct 14th, 2011 at 03:28

Signature My wife loves to talk with me after sex. She called me from a hotel last night.
THE SCRUB ZILLA
Raijin
PSN: AOS_SCRUB_ZILLA
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Okay so I spoke with two other people and they said that the tech trap has been removed. So I'm still hearing mixed stories. I have a friend that says the game is supposed to be at comicon and he's agreed to test it out. Hopefully I will hear something back from him.
Signature Make Wei or be Fenged!
VA TEKKEN RAGE
RVA TEKKEN
FENG OF VA
Kiwi
Shihan
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by THE SCRUB ZILLA
Okay so I spoke with two other people and they said that the tech trap has been removed. So I'm still hearing mixed stories. I have a friend that says the game is supposed to be at comicon and he's agreed to test it out. Hopefully I will hear something back from him.

And the Feng downgrade continues.

Im almost certain its removed aswell. I have watched all and I mean ALL TTT2 videos with feng in it, including Yuu vs Nobi.

None of the videos have shown Feng do the techtrap. This also makes quite a lot of sense if you understand that when your opponents character is down, he can tag his partner. Essentially making the techtrap useless even if its still there.
THE SCRUB ZILLA
Raijin
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kiwi
And the Feng downgrade continues.

Im almost certain its removed aswell. I have watched all and I mean ALL TTT2 videos with feng in it, including Yuu vs Nobi.

None of the videos have shown Feng do the techtrap. This also makes quite a lot of sense if you understand that when your opponents character is down, he can tag his partner. Essentially making the techtrap useless even if its still there.

Yeah, that seems to be the case.. He has a few more mixups into his back stance though. My only concern is that actually might not help him much though when you have an opponent that isn't phased by backturn stances and attack immediately. I mean its whatever though. Complaining won't do anything about it. All I can do is keep using him and make do. DarkstarL85/VICK uses Feng and demolishes like no other. So I know the potential is there. I just need to work at it.
VA TEKKEN RAGE
RVA TEKKEN
FENG OF VA
orochimaru
Chillin' Out!!
PSN: zhenkamote07
#28 “Quote” Edit Post

This the complete legenda :
龍歩昇雲2発目
(りゅうほしょううん 6LK,RK 中,中JS 12,24 -13?

Someone can test??

Still -16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L027...p;feature=feedu

@ 1:29
Signature Sup!
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by orochimaru
Still -16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L027...p;feature=feedu

@ 1:29

This makes me a very sad man.
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
Mundo
Iron Fist God
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by OffInBed
This makes me a very sad man.

It's more than good enough IMO. The fact that we can use it from even his hop kick (with both its crazy range and damage) is fine enough, it being -16 is a fair price for it.

What I'm really looking for now though are tag combo potentials for knocking out red life. Anyone found anything stellar? (doesn't need to be EWGF good, but as good as possible would be nice).
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mundo
It's more than good enough IMO. The fact that we can use it from even his hop kick (with both its crazy range and damage) is fine enough, it being -16 is a fair price for it.

What I'm really looking for now though are tag combo potentials for knocking out red life. Anyone found anything stellar? (doesn't need to be EWGF good, but as good as possible would be nice).

Yea I thought about that after I posted that, it's all fair game. I thought I saw a post about knocking down the red life in the T6 Feng forum with his new qcf2 (but I really have no idea).

To be honest I'm not even sure what the mechanics for doing such a thing would pertain too.

Over all though I'm really fuckign satisfied with Feng right now. Anyone notice his BT2,2? The second punch launches on counter.
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

#BUFFLARS
redihokuto
4th Dan
#32 “Quote” Edit Post

I don't think so .
Some Chara have Safe launcher with great range (as Lars uf 4 ; ) in other case launcher with great range and NOW only slighty puniscible: for exemple the new Bob's DB 1+2 its' now -13...instead -16 of tekken 6 Br;
So again ( in my opinion of course ) only downgrade for feng and only little (insignifiant) improvement.
Kiwi
Shihan
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't think so .
Some Chara have Safe launcher with great range (as Lars uf 4 ; ) in other case launcher with great range and NOW only slighty puniscible: for exemple the new Bob's DB 1+2 its' now -13...instead -16 of tekken 6 Br;
So again ( in my opinion of course ) only downgrade for feng and only little (insignifiant) improvement.

Agreed.

Lets not forget about Hwoarangs annoying launcher.

That being said, I noticed that in the latest polling, Feng jumped from C tier to B tier. Anyone know what happened?

There is this guy doing Feng/ Steve and under perfect conditions, he can take 75% of the health bar in one tag team juggle with little red bar left. And Im talking perfect conditions: ch, wall carry, crazy wall damage with steve (it figures).

Thats gotta be one of the highest juggle damage recorded so far. But imo it was more Steve's contribution that Fengs contribution. So apparently Feng makes a decent tag partner for some character. Maybe this has something to do with Feng jumping up? But the question in my mind is: is this enough to offset picking two S tier characters for example.

And so far, I would say no.

Check this CRAZY shit @1:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DX8...feature=related

Wtf nearly killed dragunov?

And Fengs new low is almost as SLOW as fengs db4. I mean WTF? No wonder nobody uses it. If they duck, youre dead.
Fhwoarang
Iron Fist God
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Has anyone noticed how much damage b+1 does now? It has been buffed, it seems. Sometimes, when the round starts, Feng players land CH b+1, b+1+2 and it really takes a big chuck of life.

Check Kiwi's video, the one versus Dragunov. At 0.49, you can see Feng landing b+1 on non CH and does almost the same damage as if you landed 1,2 or something like that.

AFAIK, in BR this wasn't the case.

Check b+1 damage at 0.49 (single hit, no rage) and with the b+1+2 combo at 2.10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DX8XYXqFpU
Signature My wife loves to talk with me after sex. She called me from a hotel last night.
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Agreed.

Now allow me to talk about tiers and make up random numbers and exaggerate everything and do the best I can to make Feng look like the worst character in the game.

Fixed

I saw the combo, that sure as hell didn't look like 75% of Drag's health. Feng contributed to that match quite a bit in my opinion. Stop acting like he was useless. Why do you bother posting about Feng if you totally hate the guy? It's like you have a personal grudge against him.

#BUFFLARS
Kiwi
Shihan
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by OffInBed
Fixed

I saw the combo, that sure as hell didn't look like 75% of Drag's health. Feng contributed to that match quite a bit in my opinion. Stop acting like he was useless. Why do you bother posting about Feng if you totally hate the guy? It's like you have a personal grudge against him.

If you think feng contributed as much as steve in that combo, than you need some new glasses as thats how blind you are.

What did feng do? tell me.
He LAUNCHED dragunov. THATS IT. Nothing more, nothing less. Before you start drooling over the fact that feng launched dragunov, I want to remind you that 40+ characters in that game could have launched dragunov in a similar matter and some characters didnt even needed to take that much risk as their launchers are almost fully safe. Are you new to this game or something?

It was Steve that wall carried dragunov and it was steve that proceeded to pwn up and to the wall. Feng was only called in to finish tag team juggle. Again, 40+ other characters could have done the same thing.

Wake up and smell the roses. Feng got downgraded. Universal truth.

@Fhwoarang
We have had this discussion on this forum. Feng did not receive any noticable damage increase except for db1 (and maybe some other move). But the reason why feng may have looked to have done more damage, is because every characters health bar has decreased by half. Namco decided to decrease health bar because youre playing 2 characters.

Now on first look, that would seem to boost feng. Untill you realize that every other character is now dealing 2x damage as they did in T6BR. So feng is still the big loser.

This is why feng was rated low tier inititally.
Fhwoarang
Iron Fist God
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Wake up and smell the roses. Feng got downgraded. Universal truth.

So, besides the 2~1 trap, what else significatively did Feng lose?

@Fhwoarang
We have had this discussion on this forum. Feng did not receive any noticable damage increase except for db1 (and maybe some other move). But the reason why feng may have looked to have done more damage, is because every characters health bar has decreased by half. Namco decided to decrease health bar because youre playing 2 characters.

Now, you are right about it, even I read about it.

BTW, does QCF 1+2 now knocs down on normal hit?
http://www.youtube.com/user/TekkenR.../17/h90oUfw3d50
At 0:15
THE SCRUB ZILLA
Raijin
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
if it does that would be great. Feng's 2~1 trap was one of my favorite moves to use and it really is going to hurt to see it drop from my arsenal. I'll try and look up some other vids and see if his QCF 1+2 knocks down on normal..
VA TEKKEN RAGE
RVA TEKKEN
FENG OF VA
Mundo
Iron Fist God
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fhwoarang
So, besides the 2~1 trap, what else significatively did Feng lose?

Now, you are right about it, even I read about it.

BTW, does QCF 1+2 now knocs down on normal hit?
http://www.youtube.com/user/TekkenR.../17/h90oUfw3d50
At 0:15

Did the video get taken down? I can't see anything when I access the link.
Fhwoarang
Iron Fist God
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Did the video get taken down? I can't see anything when I access the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h90oUfw3d50

This is the regular link. I'm watching it as I post this.