Page Splits <1234>...9
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
PSN: BrahmaDDT
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
It a generic Tag move that everyone has, 1+2+5 I believe is the command. It goes directly into B! and tags the opponent in.
Signature Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

[sdtekken.com]
FlyMikey
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: FlyMike45
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh yea! I'm dumb. Was looking too hard for new shit. That generic move is a safe mid launcher right? And guessing it didn't call anyone out because he already used B! in combo.
FlyMikey
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: FlyMike45
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Finally found a vid of u/f+2, 1+2 on hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O79...nel_video_title

Wallsplat 0:21

Knockback 0:25

Is it known yet if this is NC or even semi-HC? Oh man. Tracking mid(with 2nd hit that W!) on cornered opponent. There wouldn't even be a need for b+1,1,1->b+2,1,4 anymore.

I am also liking the d/f+4, 1, 2 as filler after the Tag Assault.

People really look pitiful with Ganny though. The petty combos and followups still.
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by FlyMikey
Finally found a vid of u/f+2, 1+2 on hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O79...nel_video_title

Wallsplat 0:21

Knockback 0:25

Is it known yet if this is NC or even semi-HC? Oh man. Tracking mid(with 2nd hit that W!) on cornered opponent. There wouldn't even be a need for b+1,1,1->b+2,1,4 anymore.

It's NCc, and I would say that the animation of the u/f+2 part is slow enough to HC the CH (especially if you input it as u/f+[2],+1. It is not NC, and I really don't know how safe it is on block - no one ever tries to punish, for some reason.

I am starting to become very guardedly confident that d/f+2+3, ff/cc, d/f+4,1,2 works. At the very least, it will hit if the opp so much as twitches - I was picking up opps while they still appeared to be FUHT, without actually seeing any stand up animation. This is going to be really hard to absolutely confirm, but...

Random note about new knockdown of b+2,1,d+2: I don't think anything is guaranteed, but the opp will regain his feet BT, and anything you throw out right away (such as d/f+1+2,1, etc) will interrupt any get-up attacks they might try.
Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"
My reply: OK, but only if they give him back his laugh and 'DIE!' during it.

handle: 六鬼袋《`》武雷庵
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
If they end up BT, you might wanna try (ws1+2),1+2. you can find out if it still gives a free 1+2,1+2 BT launch on hit.
Signature s3:
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandilord
If they end up BT, you might wanna try (ws1+2),1+2. you can find out if it still gives a free 1+2,1+2 BT launch on hit.

Sounds good. Will try.
Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"

Brennan
Virtuoso
PSN: Hyann
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
aviax, there is a visual cue on hit-confirming a CH uf+2 to the follow-up? (like with CH b+1+2 - the hit spark stuff).

Also, congrats to sandilord on his new mod position. Now I'm sure that the Ganny forums will thrive.
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Thx Brennan, I'll do my best to keep it nice and clean in here.
Signature s3:
Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Does d/f+4,1 jail?

For d/f+2+3~cc~d/f+4,1,2 just tell the opponent to stay down after the initial hit just so you can confirm it. That would make d/f+2+3 good again. Can you get anything after d/f+4,1,2 or just d/f+4,1? How about d/f+2+3 cc b+2,1?

Just throwing out some ideas.

What are combos like off of d/f+2 and f,f+1+2?
Signature Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

[sdtekken.com]
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Brahma
Does d/f+4,1 jail?

For d/f+2+3~cc~d/f+4,1,2 just tell the opponent to stay down after the initial hit just so you can confirm it. That would make d/f+2+3 good again. Can you get anything after d/f+4,1,2 or just d/f+4,1? How about d/f+2+3 cc b+2,1?

Just throwing out some ideas.

What are combos like off of d/f+2 and f,f+1+2?

Thanks for reminding me to get back to this...

- Don't know yet. No one ever tries to duck.

- Where I play, this request would not be greeted too well. There's a guy or two who would be willing to trade tests, but lately, we haven't been there at the same time. Once a few more game centers get the game, it should be less monopolized by the killers (they don't mean to, and they're not bad guys, but...). If I don't have this tested by then, I should be able to from that point. Understand, tho', I'm really not good at cc's.

- d/f+4,1 recovers a lot more slowly than it does in T6. Stopping here is never a good idea, AFAICS. With d/f+4 scooping so low, it might work in the middle of juggles, but I have little faith this will actually work. If it does work as mid-juggle filler, D/F+2 juggles just got a lot easier.

- It's the scooping nature of d/f+4 that make it work. b+2 is too 'thin' vertically for these situations.

- Other than ending with the new string or with u/f+2,1+2, nothing feels different about either of these.

A bit more perspective on what d/f+4,1,2 feels like: Although its start up frames are slower than what I'm about to describe, it otherwise feels like they modified the last punch of Jack's b+3,2,2, making it a non-launching uppercut.

Other wonderful news...

- In previous Tekkens, with what is now b+1,1,1, wasn't it the case that any two consecutive hits were NC? I seem to remember this being true, meaning that if they ducked the first, stood up and ate the second (even as a NH), they would eat the third and get knocked down? If that was the case, it isn't any more - at least, not on an opp tagging in. Actually, I know for certain this was true of Bruce'S (f+4),3,4 - the last two are NC if the first kick whiffs, and the same thing has happened. Maybe this an overall change in the system - you get one hit on a tagging-in opp, and then he is free to block (possibly even duck or SS) regardless of the NC status of your string. I should be able to check this when that Devil-Kaz a*****e shows up next. He's not terribly difficult to beat, he's just a disagreeable f***wad. Still, he does LOVE his TP's...

- Only had this happen once, but it was last night, so I'll need to check further, but I don't use the PP much. I did last night, tho', and hit the OBT d+1+2 part, too. It was on open ground, but the f+3+4 came up WAY short. Then again, I was really tired last night, and it now occurs to me that I may have actually input d+1+2 again, but I doubt it. (Heavy sigh) I understand they are trying to make the game such that you are strongly encouraged to work with your partner, and therefore everyone has been gently tweaked away from being able to win by himself, but they may have gone too far with poor Ganny.

- One more thing - and I think this is just f*****g sloppy: Yoshi has about 400 ways to get his KK (basic version: 4~3) to come out, and while I haven't check the 10-strings that end with this move, all other ways allow ~5. This isn't a complaint that Yoshi is god tier, it's just an example of a pattern - Bruce can tag off both his cd+2 and 3cd2. Ganny's d+1,2, you ask? Not a chance. I can't remember the last time I got this to actually launch anyone, but giving it the ability to ~5 might actually put it back in people's minds again.

Last edited by aviax on Oct 17th, 2011 at 02:29

Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah d/f+4,1,2 seems strictly juggle/TA filer, unless it picks up. Can you land anything after d/f+4,1,2 in juggles? f+1+2_f+2 maybe?

IIRC b+1,1,1 was NCc for the first two hits, and maybe NC if only the last 2 connects? Is b+1 still high and homing?

What are you using for juggles? b+2,1, cc b+2,1 WS+1+2,1+2 B! u/f+2,1+2? or b+4,1 B! u/f+2,1+2? What about after you do a TA?

After WB! what's good? Is d/f+1+2,1 still the best option or can you always get b+2,1, WS+4 now or what. d/f+4,1,2 or f,f+3 maybe?

Did you try to tag off of OBT d+1+2_pp 1+2?

[sdtekken.com]
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
In br, b11 and (b1)11 where nc. The whole string was ncc.

I saw a vid where the player did df2, df412. I'm pretty sure you can't B! from it. Maybe a f1+2 indeed.

It looks like we know the main purposes of the new moves now. df412 as TA filler and uf2,1+2 as ender. But how should ff3 be used? I'm wondering why I haven't seen it in ANY vid yet and I've watched everything I could find. Don't people know it or how to use it yet? Or is it that useless?

About f3+4: I saw CH b1+2, f3+4 and it hit with f3+4 covering a lot of distance. If it doesn't hit after PP, the distance on the PP might have gotten bigger. Only reason I can think of why they'd do that is to make you ~5 it now...
Signature s3:
bxx
Banned By Mod
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Footage of new move f,f+3 is @ 2:22 on this video ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=junZ...feature=related

i say +1 on block, 22 frames execution.
Tiger'sEye
War Lord
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but d+1 (the ground hitting chop attack) properties may have been changed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltMi...feature=related

Around 0:59; it hit a ducking Feng and left him with a short kneel stun (?). Still slow though...
Signature : ITS CLOBBERING TIME!
Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
So d+1 might now knock down on hit anymore.

I was just wondering if f,f+3 did anything better than d+1, and I guess that's my answer.

[sdtekken.com]
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Actually, here's what's going on with d+1:

- no longer pancakes either standing or crouching opps

- d+1>2 now possible (was it always?)

- most importantly: d+1,2 is now NCc. Hell, I'm pretty sure it's still NCc if you do d+1>2. This is especially helpful, because it really seems to me like the hit animation of d+1 looks different depending on what kind of hit it is (N/CH), meaning it might even be CH-confirmable.

In other words, the new hit effect of d+1 is totally a good thing - no more whiffing the upper over a splatted opp.

(EDIT - and this comes after sandi's comment below, but before anyone else's that may follow)

Forgot to thank Tiger'sEye for pointing this out in that video link. I wouldn't have thought to try this without seeing that. Also, please note that d+1 still has ECT ('Eyes-closed tracking' - IOW, none whatsoever, as if he closed his eyes before chopping at the ground).

Last edited by aviax on Oct 13th, 2011 at 23:50

sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Good stuff!
Signature s3:
bxx
Banned By Mod
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Footage of b+2,1,d+2 hitting is at 0:17 on this video ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSzWkTxAX2Y

When last hit hits, opponent is in FCD/FDFT position, you can't juggle anymore in TTT2.
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by bxx
Footage of b+2,1,d+2 hitting is at 0:17 on this video ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSzWkTxAX2Y

When last hit hits, opponent is in FCD/FDFT position, you can't juggle anymore in TTT2.

Thanks for spotting this and pointing it out - so much more effective than the explanation I tried to provide.

Anyway, other than some quick ground hitters such as f,f+3, there's not much that's guaranteed. Still, if I immediately go into 1+2,1+2, and the opp tries a get up 4 as soon as possible, the first 1+2 will duck under it quite neatly, so the second 1+2 can launch. Not sure what happens if they try get up 3 instead. Also, if they just stand back up, they'll be BT. So it becomes a set-up for guessing. If he had some way to cancel his UB into u/f+3+4 or even just a standard SIT, he'd really be scary here. Come to think of it, maybe d+1, SIT has possibilities...

Some more random stuff:

(f+)4,4 - no longer causes any kind of stun on any kind of hit, but either variation appears to be NC even if delayed. Still, with no CH stun, no bounce. In juggles, the first kick still always causes the second to miss, unless walls prevent this.

Still the worst B! in the game... and Ganny ain't got a lot of B!'s to start with...

ws+3_u/f+3 - Can't remember if I mentioned this yet or not, but neither of these stun any more, either. Both knock opp away. Might have gotten a damage buff, but you might as well just forget these exist, as there is no situation where either is your best choice. Completely unfathomable as to why they took this out...

f+2 - based on the above, it just occurred to me right now that maybe ws+3 is now mid, or something, so I checked the move list. While checking, I noticed f+2 is now listed as mid, instead of sm. Will try to confirm this, but it would be good if it were. BTW, ws+3 isn't even listed...

(EDIT)

Found some footage of the new closer knd of f+3+4 on CH:

2:02 mark

(sorry, don't know how to directly link to time marks in youtube vids...)

Last edited by aviax on Oct 17th, 2011 at 03:54

Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
So f+4,4 is NC on normal hit and CH, but just works like T6 f+4,4 on normal hit? Are you sure 4,4 is the same?

f+2 mid would be good, that would mean f+2~1 is usable without fear of the opponent ducking to avoid/block both.

[sdtekken.com]