Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
ExOsKeL
Engr.Gwapo
PSN: Lets Do Dis Shit!
XBL: ExOsKeL[LDDS]
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Any in-depth discussion how to use Jack's TTT2U new moves?
Signature JoHn 5[LDDS]<iLO>

7string up your ass...double pedal to your face...

blast beat just in case..well...just kidding...
Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
PSN: BrahmaDDT
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
-f+3,1+2: Mostly used in W! combos as his B! move. f+3 by itself gives a comboable stun on CH.

-WS+2,1 is a hit confirmable mid string. First hit is safe, second is not. Decent damage, and an ok mixup with D/B+1.

-u/f+[1] is pretty much only in class 1 tag juggles and specific wall combos.
Signature Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

[sdtekken.com]
leonized
War Lord
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
can someone tell me how to counter jack6's db1111...>2 galore at the wall.. also he's got this lot of moves idon't know the input, but its a three hit arm punch and does a hell lot of push back, that the last one can be an unblockable, a jack player abuses this move against me, i can't find my way out ....damn him
Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
With d/b+1,1,1,2 just block. Even if you get hit by the first, you can block the rest. If you block the 2nd you can low parry the 3rd.

The string you're mentioning sounds like f+1,2,2. The last hit isn't unblockable anymore, and the 2nd hit is high. So block the first and duck the 2nd.
Signature Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

[sdtekken.com]
E-Nigma420
Iron Fist God
XBL: en1gma420
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Brahma
Yeah Hwo has always been one of my worst matchups with Jack. Learn where his highs are and crush that shit.

I have a Hwo player that gives me fits, he is a mid-whore. I feel like I can't create space against him, am hard pressed to SS against him. Anybody have a link of a truly good Hwo getting handled by a Jack?
Signature JAM!!!!!!!!>the rest
leonized
War Lord
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Brahma

The string you're mentioning sounds like f+1,2,2. The last hit isn't unblockable anymore, and the 2nd hit is high. So block the first and duck the 2nd.

its a three hit string, all hits comes from the same arm, and the last hit jack holds his arms and charge it , animation is like b2

edit:

whoops sorry, read it as f+1+2,2 sorry xD..,yep thanks

Last edited by leonized on Oct 30th, 2012 at 12:17

210LG
Kyu
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Im having a problem pulling off ff+1 after moves like b+3,2 is there a way I can get better at pulling off that move?
fame96
Kyu
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Hello new guy here i'm a bit new to this game and i am very instrested in using jack. I'm able to do his combos without much trouble but i am having a hard time with general stratgegy and and the best moves to use. If possible can someone give me a breakdown on the general playstyle of this character and what moves to use.
-Da Stunna-
Berserker
PSN: DaStunna_v2
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by fame96
Hello new guy here i'm a bit new to this game and i am very instrested in using jack. I'm able to do his combos without much trouble but i am having a hard time with general stratgegy and and the best moves to use. If possible can someone give me a breakdown on the general playstyle of this character and what moves to use.

Jack = turtle and keep away character. He's not good up close but excels at keeping people out due to
long reach.

ff+1 - Signature Jack move. Safe spammable advancing mid that knocks down and gives a free d/b+2 on hit

2,1 - most commonly used punisher

d/f+1, d/f+4 - decent mid pokes

d/b+1, fc d/b+1, d/b+4, d/b+2 - low pokes

d/f+2 - your "go-to" whiff punisher/juggle starter...make sure it hits because its unsafe

b+2, ff+3, u/f+2 - All these moves give frame advantage on block but are slow, so try to read your opponent first before you try to set them up

There's more to him than that, but those are the main tools you should start off using. It's best to watch some good Jack players and pick up on what moves they like to use and how they use them.
Keeper of the CRANE
DEATH by METAL
PSN: Zakillah
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
I wouldnt f,f+3 in the open. Its a great move for oki, though.

Poke with his 2 jab. Great range. Can go into throw buffers, mids, low pokes, whatever.

Yeah, spam f,f+1. No reason not to. Play oki off that. Either take the guarantied damage (d/b+2) or mixup f,f+3 (ground hit, more oki from there; if they stand up they have to guard it, giving you +frames), or pick them up with either d/f+1 or b+32 for a float combo.

Learn to instant FCd/b+1. (Either by D/B or d~D/B or d/f~d~D/B, see what works best for you). Its a safe, fast low. WS2,1 and WS4 are uninterruptable on hit.

Your core game should base around f,f+1, FCd/b+1, jabbing and d/f+2 as (whiff) punisher.

Last edited by Keeper of the CRANE on Nov 19th, 2012 at 08:29

Blasianlion
2nd Dan
PSN: Blasianlion
XBL: N/A
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
I had a few questions. Sorry if they've been asked already.

What is just that first part of the string 1+2,(1+2) on hit and on block?
what is the frame data on 2,1 and f+4 on hit and on block?
Signature Panda/Kuma may struggle this time in TTT2, but Jinpachi and Wang will pick up the slack.

Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Can I get anything guaranteed if I break Jack's 1+3 throw? How many frames is he stuck in BT for?
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
PSN: MoneyIncUSMCOgre
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Budding Fighter
Can I get anything guaranteed if I break Jack's 1+3 throw? How many frames is he stuck in BT for?
Nothing is guaranteed.
Signature The search for equality is a search for the lowest common denominator...
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by USMCOgre
Nothing is guaranteed.

Ah cool. Thanks for that.
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
What is the bulk of Jack's FC mix-up? I use FC db+1 to get those + frames, FC d+1 and the fear ad the mix-up of the next hits freezes them, and WS 1 which is a great launcher.
Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
FC d/b+1 is his main FC low. Use it to gain frames which make WS+2 uninterruptable (though unless you get a deep hit they can usually BD out, or SSR at any range). WS+2 is a pretty solid mid that you can hit confirm into the 1. Decent damage.

Basically the reason Jack kind of sucks now is that he can't pressure very well after FC,d/b+1 anymore. The only things that are uninterruptable are either highly steppable/BDC able or the FC,d/b+1 pushes them out of range, and not really enough frames to dash in and start a mixup.

That and 2 being 0 on block really hurt his pressure game a lot, and he has trouble on the inside again now.

Something I came across the other day. W! TA into Jack u/f+3+4,1+2. The 1+2 misses but he stays on screen a while which can hide a FC mixup from your point character. Not super useful and you lose a lot of damage, but it might be something worth looking at. 1+2,1+2 same thing if you don't pick up in the middle.

[sdtekken.com]
xtrajosh14
4th Dan
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
in addition to brahma, you can alternate d+2 and d+2,1. i use these two to alternate with FC d/b+1 when the one taught me in tekken keeps parrying my d/b+1. d+2,1 is NC i think since i haven't seen a player that blocked the 1 once the d+2 hits. d+2 is special mid but reaches so far, i don't know the exact range but i think it reaches farther than d/f+2. it can be parried but i delay moves in FC so that the opponent must guess and now with ws+2, there is a good alternate mid in FC mixup. d+2,1 damage is the same as FC d/b+1 though but decent as a poke plus you can do it directly on standing which crushes highs and leaves you crouching. ws+2 good since it moves jack closer to the opponent and is safe. on the wall, you can FC d/b+1, ws+4, FC d/b+1, ws+4 again and again as long as FC d/b+1 hits. won games with this. lol

@brahma - is u/f+3+4,1+2 usable in the open or is it just for wall? and does jack stay longer on the screen compared to 1+2,1+2?
Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
u/f+3+4,1+2 TA is only any sort of useful at the wall. And only then he's so low that it really only hides FC mixups. I use Wang so I do the TA and then d+3. If they tech, Jack hides some of his FC animations, which can lead to a resplat, or if they stay grounded to not deal with the mixup, d+3 pops them up into the 2nd hit if the TA.

Honestly though, it's not incredibly useful, I haven't found anything other than the specific scenario above, and even then I'm missing out on a lot of damage. I only use it when I think I can bait a resplat for the win. If you're going for shenanigans like this, 1+2,1+2 is probably better, since you can continue it into an actual w! combo if you need/want to. Also the end animation is pretty wide (especially with armor/wheels customs ) and covers your point character pretty well. It's also hard for some people to tell who the point character is, and they will attack, netting you a CH. Just be careful because Jack is fully launchable after this so make sure you don't get both character caught in a juggle.

[sdtekken.com]
xtrajosh14
4th Dan
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
good point on the armor and wheels lol. hmm. i've been using 1+2,1+2 for hiding animations but i use it in the open, i just thought i have another move that can hide ling as a trick. can the TA character get launched? i also thought that only happens during raw tag.
Keeper of the CRANE
DEATH by METAL
PSN: Zakillah
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
d+2,1 is ass to throw out like that. I mean if he parries your d/b+1 and you do d+2 instead, it will still get parried. *shrug*
Its also a telegraphed low for an easy low parry/crush against everyone with half a brain.

Its decent vs strings that are -10 at some point and end/follow with a high as it takes away their option select.