Jack T6:BR > TTT2 changes

Page Splits <1234>...5
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
If 1+2 doesn't jail, I'll eat my hat, or something resembling a hat, anyway. I have yet to see anyone block/eat the first punch and be able to duck the second. The gap between these two punches has definitely been shortened.

Tiny side note: I saw someone tag in with the flying stomp, like PJ (was it..?) could do in TTT1. Multiple 3+4 extensions possible, just like the standard 3+4, 3+4...
Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"
My reply: OK, but only if they give him back his laugh and 'DIE!' during it.

handle: 六鬼袋《`》武雷庵
Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
PSN: BrahmaDDT
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah I forgot to ask about the stomp. Does he just drop out of the air or do one thrust before he falls?

b+1+2 jailing is awesome. I use this move a lot in T6BR actually.

We need to find out about 2 being i10 or not. Would be hella good if it is.
Signature Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

[sdtekken.com]
P. GunJack-2
Legend
PSN: prototypejack69
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
I think I'm gonna start my first TTT2 match with a b+1+2.
Signature I DO COCAINE!!!
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Brahma
Yeah I forgot to ask about the stomp. Does he just drop out of the air or do one thrust before he falls?

Comes in floating, kinda like a floor break in BR. I am furiously trying to think of a way to incorporate this into a TA...
Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"

OFdp?
Duk Train Coming!
PSN: OFdp
XBL: CrusherofFeelings
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Aviax, has Jacks movement been buffed at all? He has one of the weakest backdashes in the game in 6, and I know that characters like Devil Jin got a big improvement in that department. Jacks range might keep him from getting a buff in movement, but it would be REALLY nice.
Signature Block more.
Dr. Cola
Iron Fist God
XBL: Slayerslice
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Well this sucks, all of Jack's homing moves are high now.. I would settle for a backdash as fast as Marduk or Yoshimitsu
Signature Training undercover
Playing to win vs. Playing for fun
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Another quick note on Jack entering in 3+4 - It's so much like a floor break, it does the same really minor damage. Still, it's kinda nice to have the option.

Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
PSN: BrahmaDDT
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
What/s the command for fly in?
Signature Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

[sdtekken.com]
TheDinosaur
Hurm
XBL: Archelon
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
not really much to say about jack other than that he is still good / cheap / easy as hell to use.

FC db+1 nerf hurts a bit, but not too much.
2,1 seemed to be worse on block than before. I believe if you do a small ss whilst blocking the 2nd hit in BR it makes it more disadvantaged, but now it seems that it's not necessary.

u+1+2 is one of the best TA moves in the game, as already stated. it basically means you can tack a delayed hopkick onto any wall bound move, then finish your combo (eg bryan w! ff+4~5, \o/, UF,4, b+3~f,n+3,4). you can use it for landing a characters most damaging single hit in combos (king ss+3+4, bryan charged ff+3) and also for changing sides - your partner can run underneath, turn round and juggle the opponent from the other side. eg I'm pretty sure marduk / jack could do something like marduk ws+3, 1, df+4,2~5, \o/, run underneath, turn around jab, air throw.
Signature Say NO to shoulder buttons!

Bloody Elbow: The MMA website I write for. It is the best MMA website.
Dr. Cola
Iron Fist God
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TheDinosaur
not really much to say about jack other than that he is still good / cheap / easy as hell to use.

FC db+1 nerf hurts a bit, but not too much.
2,1 seemed to be worse on block than before. I believe if you do a small ss whilst blocking the 2nd hit in BR it makes it more disadvantaged, but now it seems that it's not necessary.
Did you see if 2 was i10? Is d/b+2 still guaranteed after f,f+1 or can people tag-out? Did you feel that Jack had his movement improved?

And good stuff on your Marduk/Jack idea.
TheDinosaur
Hurm
XBL: Archelon
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
db+2 after ff+1, still guaranteed, I dunno if you can eat it grounded then tag punish it though, seems very possible

couldn't determine 2 being i10, sorry, didn't have much time for testing as the machine was constantly full of people wanting to play. f+2 does seem to do a lil more damage though.

another reason why jack is benefited from the tag system is that he can punish tags from miles away with ff+1+2 and windmills.
Signature Say NO to shoulder buttons!

Bloody Elbow: The MMA website I write for. It is the best MMA website.
Dr. Cola
Iron Fist God
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Windmills is the juiciest combo-starter ever.. 42 damage just for the launcher lol
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TheDinosaur
another reason why jack is benefited from the tag system is that he can punish tags from miles away with ff+1+2 and windmills.

Not to mention hcf+2(~5)...

Dr. Cola
Iron Fist God
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Or don't forget his f,f+2, nice range on it if you dash it.
ArcF5
2nd Dan
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Random Animation: if you are using Jack-6 and Alisa, on the Christmas stage, if you lose, they play in the snow.
Signature ArcF5
Nor-Cal Kazama
formerly Dennis' Place/Tilt Chicago Kazama
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ArcF5
Random Animation: if you are using Jack-6 and Alisa, on the Christmas stage, if you lose, they play in the snow.

Really? Now I'm tempted to make this happen just to see what it looks like (while Giant Santa is there in the bkgd swilling beer and tearing huge chunks off what must be a roasted ostrich drumstick with his teeth)

KiwE
Warrior
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ArcF5

This made my day. Someone get a vid of that asap
ArcF5
2nd Dan
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
just confirmed it's the same animation on all stages, they slide on the ground.
Signature ArcF5
Nor-Cal Kazama
formerly Dennis' Place/Tilt Chicago Kazama
rollyourmother
1st Dan
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Just wanted to say, db+1 ws2,1 rinse and repeat has been getting me a lot of mileage. The ws2,1 seems to have enough advantage to make it hard to interrupt another db+1 (otherwise people just aren't looking for it yet).
Keeper of the CRANE
DEATH by METAL
PSN: Zakillah
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Can WS2,1 be delayed?