Page Splits <12345>...8
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
PSN: cacacarmen
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
So no new transitions, aside from a lie down from the yawn phoenix high punch? Just going through the inatekken list and not finding much. As an earlier poster said, df11 being -9 is silly. Its now safe so there no reason to jab punish but is still -9 so you really can't do anything afterwards. What about something cool like df11 into DRU? Sigh.

ff3 having no push back may prevent me from doing it all the time, but thats good I guess. Backturned bound is cool because now Lei combos don't have to look ugly anymore. 16f launch punishable while rising move seems superfluous when Lei can get a hopkick out in the same time (granted hopkick has no range but still).

Sleep stances still exist I think I'd be happy with zero buffs and several nerfs to have full lie down. I'm sure the stances were added more to prevent random lie down from being so good. So why not make lie down like Eddy's T3 ~ tag RLX (get in stance for a bit and then fully lie down), so its still punishable if baited, but make the moves available whenever? Sigh.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
The Exalted
Last of the Trueborn
PSN: Exaltedvow
XBL: A Cautionary Tale...
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
d/f+1,1 being -9 is kinda silly, takes away a lot of the fun and risk to Lei's ground and punishment game.

*sigh*

I hope Tag 2 Lei doesn't produce a lot of brainless spammy players.

P.S. Ws+3+4 is safer than what they're showing...I'm pretty sure it's borderline abusable.
Signature ****The (B.A.D) Exalted?**** - "The NYC Hierarchy Ranking System (HRS) is live! "

"You look up because you desire to be Exalted...and I look down, because I am EXALTED." - Nietzsche

The bold embodiment of JUSTICE!@!, 'NYC's Wayward Son?' and Lei Wulong MASTER [RRD]
[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
XBL: Nor 360 =S
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CaCarmen
So no new transitions, aside from a lie down from the yawn phoenix high punch? Just going through the inatekken list and not finding much. As an earlier poster said, df11 being -9 is silly. Its now safe so there no reason to jab punish but is still -9 so you really can't do anything afterwards. What about something cool like df11 into DRU? Sigh.

ff3 having no push back may prevent me from doing it all the time, but thats good I guess. Backturned bound is cool because now Lei combos don't have to look ugly anymore. 16f launch punishable while rising move seems superfluous when Lei can get a hopkick out in the same time (granted hopkick has no range but still).

Sleep stances still exist I think I'd be happy with zero buffs and several nerfs to have full lie down. I'm sure the stances were added more to prevent random lie down from being so good. So why not make lie down like Eddy's T3 ~ tag RLX (get in stance for a bit and then fully lie down), so its still punishable if baited, but make the moves available whenever? Sigh.

At least ff+3 is -14 now, not everyone can launch punish it
Signature &// - Dragon - Tiger - Crane -DTC
green)Lei
do it like old water
PSN: GreenLei
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
db1, db2, and instant acces to all stances are some transitions u shouldnt forget
Signature ---> Lei general guide

---> and combos traps wallgame

"you cannot outsmart that which doesnt think"
The Exalted
Last of the Trueborn
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
Just to clarify. D/b+2 is still the special mid punch, b+2 is the new mid high crush that can transition into DRG.
Signature ****The (B.A.D) Exalted?**** - "The NYC Hierarchy Ranking System (HRS) is live! "

"You look up because you desire to be Exalted...and I look down, because I am EXALTED." - Nietzsche

The bold embodiment of JUSTICE!@!, 'NYC's Wayward Son?' and Lei Wulong MASTER [RRD]
Drunken Cop
Raijin
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
Tag 2 just came out in HK!!! Today was the first day and I must say, Lei is even more fun. I really love his 3+4 move. The transition to each stance is quite quick and smooth. After I use Lei to B! and tag in my teammate to do a few attacks and switch back to Lei, I end up just using 3+4 to switch into a stand of my choice to keep the pressure on them. My wish came true...I always wanted Namco to make one move that could go into any stance, not like RR...

If you time 3+4 at the right time, you can parry punches indeed and you may be able to get a free hit depending on what stance you go into. I think I got a free TGR+2 after parrying a punch but I need to test this out if I can.

B+2 is a little too weak for my liking, still not a scary enough mid move. I mean, if you want a high crush, why not d/b+4 into a juggle?
Signature =ToT= Hong Kong branch

Main team: Lei + Ogre
Secondary: Lars + Raven
jin00789
Kyu
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
hello bro. whats Lei's bb 1 down 2 ? or PHX 1 down 2 ? any video ?
Signature D.I.G Lei
SuikenUser
Tell the News
PSN: Suikenuser
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Drunken Cop
Tag 2 just came out in HK!!! Today was the first day and I must say, Lei is even more fun. I really love his 3+4 move. The transition to each stance is quite quick and smooth. After I use Lei to B! and tag in my teammate to do a few attacks and switch back to Lei, I end up just using 3+4 to switch into a stand of my choice to keep the pressure on them. My wish came true...I always wanted Namco to make one move that could go into any stance, not like RR...

If you time 3+4 at the right time, you can parry punches indeed and you may be able to get a free hit depending on what stance you go into. I think I got a free TGR+2 after parrying a punch but I need to test this out if I can.

B+2 is a little too weak for my liking, still not a scary enough mid move. I mean, if you want a high crush, why not d/b+4 into a juggle?

I was just going to post this, its pretty fucken awesome I go into tiger and go stright to tgr 1 or tgr 4 your pretty have high advantage.
daxchua
Iron Fist God
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
That is awesome! How strict is the parry timing? Is it like f+3+4 or its as ridiculous as DRU~f?

Signature I have faced a greater power, and with that clash all my would-be "strength" crumbled to dust. What would men do against such titanic might? Do we just succumb and bend our knees to this conqueror? I think not; one should always endure and strengthen thyself, to give his utmost not only for oneself but to those he calls comrades in the field of conflict but most important is the desire to rise above those that has defeated me. Behold! Impeding battle is upon us! I go to ready myself, for nothing is as sweet in combat as to be victorious over thy opponents.

-Adrian Mogul; Grandmaster of all Jibril
The Exalted
Last of the Trueborn
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Drunken Cop

Hehe! Well d/b+4 being launch punishable on block and easily stepped makes having a fast, safe, mid option great. Just wanted to clarify that.

Drunken Cop
Raijin
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
Some more notes:

- b+2 range sucks. On block it's -9 according to Wiki...not sure what CH does. If you whiff...well prepare to get launched.
- d/f+1,1 is -9 now, but i don't think it jails anymore!!! This makes the string useless...
- contrary to what was said, Launch, f+3,1 1+2,1 BT 4,4 B! is not stable all the time. When I do waning moon with ogre tag to Lei, I miss the BT4,4 quite a bit. This Bounds too far away for a good tag assault, but by itself this seems to be Lei's strongest juggle by himself.
- What I like now is that f,f+3 flips your opponents body face down so you have more time to float them. If you catch someone rolling on the ground with f,f+3~b, you can usually go for BT d+1,BT+4,4 B!.
- BT4,4 is safe by itself but you can get jabbed out of it in between for a juggle, so not good to abuse it too much.
- 3+4 parry timing still needs to be confirmed. The window is larger than DRU~f which is good, but not as long as f+3+4. Good thing is that this is completely safe because you pretty much auto block in a stance, unless you go into PAN or crane. The tricky part is using 3+4, going into a stance then countering all in one motion. 3+4 (parry) ~3 to TGR, then TGR 4 all in a matter of 15-20 frames or so.

I'll write more when i can.

When is everyone else getting Tag 2?

daxchua
Iron Fist God
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
Guess they are all generally good news.

A few more questions:

- Is it confirmed that 3+4 only parries punches? Also, im assuming the active frames of the parry are as good as generic reversal from other characters.
- What is the parry animation of the opponent? I.e. is it like Lei's TGR parry or is it like the DRU~f parry?
Signature I have faced a greater power, and with that clash all my would-be "strength" crumbled to dust. What would men do against such titanic might? Do we just succumb and bend our knees to this conqueror? I think not; one should always endure and strengthen thyself, to give his utmost not only for oneself but to those he calls comrades in the field of conflict but most important is the desire to rise above those that has defeated me. Behold! Impeding battle is upon us! I go to ready myself, for nothing is as sweet in combat as to be victorious over thy opponents.

[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by daxchua
Guess they are all generally good news.

A few more questions:

- Is it confirmed that 3+4 only parries punches? Also, im assuming the active frames of the parry are as good as generic reversal from other characters.
- What is the parry animation of the opponent? I.e. is it like Lei's TGR parry or is it like the DRU~f parry?

Yes and its like TGR parry but you're not affected

@Drunk

I see you have the problem of getting interrupted when doing BT 4,4.

Also don't you have problems seeing grab when using Ogre? He blocks out the hands...
green)Lei
do it like old water
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
well if they try to jab you out of BT 4,4 then BT 4,3 should launch them right?

daxchua
Iron Fist God
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
Damn. I know its wrong to complain but I was hoping it parries kicks as well. Anyway, I hope its fast enough to guarantee a TGR 4. If not im assuming PNT 1,2 is.

*starts plotting*

[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by green)Lei
well if they try to jab you out of BT 4,4 then BT 4,3 should launch them right?

I guess, but they decide to block then its launch punish lol
green)Lei
do it like old water
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah but risk/reward should be fair then

Drunken Cop
Raijin
#58 “Quote” Edit Post
lol Green Lei I didn't notice your title! Good stuff. Furumizu is doing pretty well with Lei and Dragunov team. When are you guys getting Tag 2?

DTC: I haven't noticed it any tougher to break throws with Ogre at all. A lot of opponents say they have a hard time seeing Ogre's throws because it looks like his regular moves.

Guys guys just stick with BT 4~b, BT d+1!!!

green)Lei
do it like old water
#59 “Quote” Edit Post
lol your the first to recognize that. when I noticed that first I was like wtf? old water give me inspiration^^

Im planning to team with Ling or some toptier

[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
#60 “Quote” Edit Post
Funnily I ended up with Lei and Dragunov...I can't play my intended partner Feng anymore....I forgotten how to play him on day 1 already lol We've got tag since Saturday but Day 1 for me was on a Tuesday, day 2 later today