Page Splits <1234>...10
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
TheDinosaur
Hurm
XBL: Archelon
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
you can still juggle off qcf+2 with db+2,1, ub+1,2 b!

CH db+4 knocks down FD/FT. You might still be able to combo off it with ff+4 (pickups do work off that kind of knockdown) but it looks like it might recover a bit too slow
Signature Say NO to shoulder buttons!

Bloody Elbow: The MMA website I write for. It is the best MMA website.
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
PSN: Online
XBL: Offline
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TheDinosaur

CH db+4 knocks down FD/FT. You might still be able to combo off it with ff+4 (pickups do work off that kind of knockdown) but it looks like it might recover a bit too slow

i saw in a vid, yea miguel can do df+2,1 after, tag, raven ends with ff+4

CH db+4 knockdown. perhaps only get uf+3?
Signature CH b+1... b+1+2 HEY-YAAA!!

tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
From Harada's twitter, basically that SDW 3+4 combos are a bug and they will be fixed, oh well
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
Cynnik
alot deep
PSN: Cynnik
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Of course they need to fix that at the wall but i think they should leave it as a combo filler... jack6 has something similar with u+1+2 but maybe they can somehow limit it to 2x max or 1x for tag assault.
MARAUDINGSHADOW
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: AgentShadow77
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TheDinosaur

Yeah, I posted this already.

2,4 knocks down on counter hit. Opp holds mouth and falls FUFT.
Japan is not not known for the better Raven users, which explains why the vids with him are dreary at best.

I have a feeling that the entire game will receive a version upgrade. It seems to be the standard. They still have yet to add the 2P outfits, and lets face it-Raven still needs a m,l or l,m move from normal stance. A good deal of his properties have not been seen, however, I am glad that his reversals seem to function the same.

A?!
Signature Midnight Arrived Revealing A Uniquely Distinct Individual Now Gallantly Surrounding Himself Amid Darkness Other-Worldly
Mystical Anomaly Regarded As Unknown Dwelling Internally Nevertheless Gathering Strength Hellbent About Dispatching Ominous Wrath
Mastering All Required Attributes Under Direct Instruction Now Gaining Super Heightened Abilities Defeating Other Warriors
Melee_Sovereign
Iron Fist God
PSN: Melee_Sovereign
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
So is 2,4 NC now for sure?
Signature ♪ Zafina fina bo bina, banana nana fo fina ♪

Julia Gulia, idk.....
ThaLonzMofos
3rd Dan
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
SDW 3+4 combos being removed is a serious disappointment. I honestly think it was a buff that Raven needed. I was hopeful about improvements this time around, and resigned to continue playing him because of it, but it looks like I will not main him after all. I really hope they reconsider this. Completely taking it away will be a big step backwards for us.

4,1 is good for punishing, but after week one its been ws+(insert button) bait. Perhaps I need more time to fine tune my mix up options. But a lot of my SDW options/transitions get side stepped/walked or just flat out beat. So for now, I am finding it hard to accept it as a valid buff for him. Pressuring people with it just gets me punished or interrupted. Its probably too soon to tell, so excuse the rant. I just expected more I guess.

Really hard to get practice time in to figure anything out here. Only two rounds and 100yen per play (expensive yo...). By the time i get off work most the the strongest players in the area are already at the game center so. Yeah, its rough.
Signature Julia Chang Frame Data
http://tekkentrack.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=83%3Ajuliachangframedata&catid=38&Itemid=82

Raven Frame Data
http://wiki.livedoor.jp/inatekken/d/%a5%ec%a5%a4%a5%f4%a5%f3%b8%c7%cd%ad%b5%bbTBR
KNITEMAREX
Lone Wolf
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
So they removed it completely? lol. Figured they'd use the most lazy fix possible. This not only screws up his usefulness as a partner, but really decreases his damage potential and no more SDW 3+4~5 mid combo to take away red life

Is it possible to file salty complaints to the namco balance team or is this something we're gonna have to accept?
ThaLonzMofos
3rd Dan
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Far as I know, as of now it's still the same. My comment was in response to an earlier post stating that Harada said sdw 3+4s mechanic was a glitch and would be removed. It was unclear if he ment at the wall or in general terms of the way it pops people up. I just hope it doesn't get removed completely. If my memory serves me, last time namco tried to "fix" raven, they nerfed him into oblivion.

I am with you on that. If they take it away I will personally print and hand out fliers for the million salt march.
http://tekkentrack.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=83%3Ajuliachangframedata&catid=38&Itemid=82

Raven Frame Data
http://wiki.livedoor.jp/inatekken/d/%a5%ec%a5%a4%a5%f4%a5%f3%b8%c7%cd%ad%b5%bbTBR
Mad Hittman
The Grammaton Cleric
PSN: Mad_Hittman
XBL: HE IS IN RED HEALTH!
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
The thing that bothers me about his 3+4 is they don't realize how situation dependent that is. It's not like you'll see that shit in matches, it's for CMVs and stuff (remember one of the best combo makers in the world posted that vid, it's like Alisa's chainsaw infinite in T6)

Peace
Signature They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Starwinderbeta
Team Glow™
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
On the subject of SDW getting stepped, I find it interesting that he hasn't been given a SDW homing move. Some SDW options have good tracking one way or the other, but there isn't one that tracks both ways.
KNITEMAREX
Lone Wolf
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
^ Found this to be a pretty big problem in BR. There honestly would've been nothing wrong with making SDW f,f+3 track 100%. I think this'll remain an issue for sure

Originally posted by ThaLonzMofos
Far as I know, as of now it's still the same.

That's good. The infinite seems like it's more to do with the bears' hitbox than anything. Pretty sure it doesn't work on any of the other bigs. Changing the move completely because of one character just wouldn't be logical at all

Originally posted by Mad Hittman
The thing that bothers me about his 3+4 is they don't realize how situation dependent that is. It's not like you'll see that shit in matches, it's for CMVs and stuff (remember one of the best combo makers in the world posted that vid, it's like Alisa's chainsaw infinite in T6)

Peace

It's not as situational as you may think
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_ktBmf_NXk
MARAUDINGSHADOW
Tekken Lord Black
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
I am interested in knowing what moves have increased plus frames. Many matches between Law and King can go awry because of lack of pressure.

A few things that I hope they iron out is df 3+4. If the properties of this move was double mid and a low crush, it would be viable. If you keep the recovery frames it has know, then it should have knockdown like Law's ss 3+4. To buff, it should give a staggering fall stun like SDW 1+2 from 6.0.

Another often overlooked and under reported move is d+2 from SDW. it's just a generic d+1. This has been that way since his debut and it doesn't seem to do any more damage or give any more priority than d+1. Why not bring back the animation from the non launching df+2 in 5.0? Ideas, don't want to turn it to a wish list. Can't wait to see vids with Korean players.

A?!
Signature Midnight Arrived Revealing A Uniquely Distinct Individual Now Gallantly Surrounding Himself Amid Darkness Other-Worldly
Mystical Anomaly Regarded As Unknown Dwelling Internally Nevertheless Gathering Strength Hellbent About Dispatching Ominous Wrath
Mastering All Required Attributes Under Direct Instruction Now Gaining Super Heightened Abilities Defeating Other Warriors
ThaLonzMofos
3rd Dan
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Anybody with decent reaction time and character knowledge can side step Raven all day. He really needed f+3,2. ws 3+4 helps too, but in sdw you dont have anything to make them stop moving.

I agree, sdw f, f+3 really should track. The animation just seems like it should. And the ff input for anyone else in the game makes the move track, but we don't get it because it's out of a stance... Kinda lame.

Good news is that ws+1 is super easy to throw out during a crouch dash now. Been bootleg wave dashing up on fools and ws1~5ing them all week for giggles.

Raven Frame Data
imperfecti
Master
PSN: imperfecti
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
wait, how is ws1 out of crouch dash is any different from t6?
i think it was pretty easy to do before, kinda curious how it can be easier..
Signature Zzz..
Hugo
Expert
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Anybody with decent reaction time and character knowledge can side step Raven all day. He really needed f+3,2. ws 3+4 helps too, but in sdw you dont have anything to make them stop moving.

I agree, sdw f, f+3 really should track. The animation just seems like it should. And the ff input for anyone else in the game makes the move track, but we don't get it because it's out of a stance... Kinda lame.

Good news is that ws+1 is super easy to throw out during a crouch dash now. Been bootleg wave dashing up on fools and ws1~5ing them all week for giggles.

With df+1, df+2, 3,3 and db+2 i dont really see how raven has any problem with tracking, he is one of the characters with better tracking then average imo. Shitty homing move =////= bad tracking . In SWD im pretty sure d+4 tracks both ways, and b+2 tracks one direction 100%, and pretty good the other way iirc
Signature Fuck that bitch
ThaLonzMofos
3rd Dan
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
@imperfecti I am just finding that I can input It much faster and it's easier and more consistent.

@Hugo at certain ranges when i crouch dash at people it cues an automatic side step/walk and anything i do to track will get hop kicked because it's too slow. I have this issue more with people who are familiar with my play so it's possible that it may be isolated. However I encounter the same difficulties against characters who have strong mid range tools and hop kicks. I can't really punish them for keeping me out and people's movement here is too good to let themselves be hit by nonsense. There seems to be a general "lack of respect" for Raven's tools, even when I catch people its hard to keep them honest. Perhaps I could credit it to a lack of consistency on my part? Sure, but I don't think it's that simple. I play other characters and don't have this problem.

Raven Frame Data
ThaLonzMofos
3rd Dan
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh and also if you guys want me to check on something for you, let me know. I play just about every day.

Raven Frame Data
MARAUDINGSHADOW
Tekken Lord Black
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh and also if you guys want me to check on something for you, let me know. I play just about every day.

I would like to know if they fixed his moves out of qcf. I notice that with Raven moreso than other characters, moves executed from qcf execute with standing properties so highs hit him when timed right. Also is switchback f1+2 any faster and/or follow ups guaranteed?

A?!
Mad Hittman
The Grammaton Cleric
PSN: Mad_Hittman
XBL: HE IS IN RED HEALTH!
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Any chance he got a jf qcf+2 like in 6.0?
Changes to f,f,n+4??

Peace
Signature They don't think it be like it is, but it do.