Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Cynnik
alot deep
PSN: Cynnik
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Raven New Moves & Changes

New Moves

• f+3,2: 1st hit can be cancelled into SDW w/ b: Homing move; M,M ; NC ; -14 on block
  • 4,1: goes into SDW; H,H; 11-frame punisher; +5 on NH; launch on CH 4
  • HAZ 5: raven goes haz stance and disappears, partner runs in
  • 1+2+5: generic B! attack
  • during TA, 5 (hold): generic default filler. For raven it is uf+4,4

Raven Notation Changes

• ff n+4 has changed notation to ffn+3+4
  • UT~5 (optional): when partnered with yoshi: raven throws opponent into the air (disappears), yoshi appears and slashes the neck
  • 2+4~5 (optional): Raven tags-out after throw

Raven Move Changes

• 2,4: no longer knocksdown, but is NC. (2),CH4 causes KND like BR CH+2,4
  • HAZ (3+4) stance: all followup-moves come out faster
  • CH b+1: KND like Kaz or Hei CH f+4. leaves opponent FDFA
  • 3,3: no longer jails
  • f,f+4: decreased pushback on block
  • SDW f+3: no longer automatic transition to SDW. SDW f+3~b returns raven to SDW
  • b+2+4: raven no longer takes damage from parried move, timing is more strict, raven ends in FC after successful parry

Launcher Changes

• HAZ+3: CH launch, follow with SDW b+2,3
  • uf+3: CH-only launcher now
  • qcf+2: must use different juggle, now KNDs FUFA (f,f+4, u/b+1,2, b+4,4 all don't work). Best option we found so far was db+2,1; ub+1,2 B! (strict timing) but db+2,1; b+4,4 works too (easy)
  • SDW ff+3+4: if raven slides across, SDW f+2,3 B! connects. if he doesnt slide across d+1; cc; f+1 still works
  • qcf+3: safe! does more damage now
  • 3~4: SDW+4 no longer works, SDW b+2,3+4 is recommended
  • d/b+4: no longer a launcher at all. on CH it trips them like alisa db+4 or wang CH db+3, leaving them FDFT. Allows free uf+3

Juggle Changes

• qcf+3: flips opponent quite high if used in juggle or as TA! filler
  • SDW 3+4 can be used in juggles. eg qcf+4, SDW3+4, ff+3, f+1, b+1 B!
  • SDW b+2,3 can be used in juggles too.

Recovery Changes

• SDW f+2,3: crapper recovery, now at least -10 (?) (instead of -7)
  • d+4: better recovery, now -14 on block, -3 NH/CH (instead of -16,-5,-5)
  • df+3: better recovery, now -9 on block
  • HAZ 3: better recovery, now -9 on block
  • ws+3: better recovery, now -9 on block
  • uf+3: better recovery, now -9 on block
  • uf+4,4: better recovery, now -14
  • db+4: better recovery, now -14~-11 on block (closest is -14) and gives +4~+6 on hit.
  • ws+3+4: better recovery, now -14~-12 on block (closest is -14)

last edited: yip_noob - august 30th 2012

Last edited by yip_noob on Aug 30th, 2012 at 08:57

Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
XBL: Mr Adam0
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
2,4 being an NC sounds awesome, hope its still the same way as in the build you played. Altough that lowers the chances of 4,1 being an NC since Namco does like to mess with Raven for some reason.
Dr.D
Legend
XBL: Ze Artful
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm glad they finally added a quick tracking move.. but of course, it must be unsafe/slow/goes through opponent/self destructs the machine etc

A few quick questions if I may:

Is the tracking move (3? f+3?) reasonable on block? (I'm praying I can use something decent against Bryan players).
Since they reduced damage off the QCF+2, did they make it safe(er)?

Thank you very much!
I should be getting to test the game at EuroGamer, so I'll definitely test out Ravens, and will be sure to post anything I find.
Signature Everyone cools down from being hot, its whether you can handle being cold or not.
tmd02
YYYEEESSSS!!!
PSN: revolverturles
XBL: FOTTOM
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
He only has 1 new move? Seriously???
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tmd02
He only has 1 new move? Seriously???

He has two new moves. 4,1 and f+3,2. He has also had a few porperty changes.

@Dr D

Yeah man, that would be awesome, please tell us if you find anything.
Dr.D
Legend
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Played Tag2 at Eurogamer today and it turned out to be the first build they took around Europe before the game got officially released (no tag interrupt move where tag partner dives in, QCF+2 knocksdown like BR)... so the things I found could be useless.. good times. Anyway, here goes -

I used most of his moves (backturned, frontturned blah blah etc) and they seemed the same.. any move I found that had obvious changes I'll list below:

f+3,2 was a NC (m,m). The f+3 can go BT is you hold B, but was punishable on its own (jab punishable). The 2 was -14.
CR d/f+3+4 (breakdance low thing). Didn't push away as far as before. On block he remained right in front of the opponent. The 4 add-on did stop WR launchers though.
His 3+4 stance was much better. 3+4,4 comes out so much faster, it actually became useful. I used qcf+1, 3+4, 4 quite a bit and I was never interrupted in between. Its still unsafe on block (at least -10, Hopkicks missed when I held d/b because the dive kick pushes them away a little bit).
Qcf+1, F (teleport). The oppponent seems to stand there a bit longer and Raven seems to appear a bit further away. In BR the opponent can hit you out of the teleport if it isn't counterhit, but i was never knocked out of it here.

These were the only obvious changes I found. I'll get more play time tomorrow, I'll see what else I can find.
Signature Everyone cools down from being hot, its whether you can handle being cold or not.
Dr.D
Legend
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
4,1 is a preeeetty good move! NC, quick, safe, leaves backturned for mixups. On CH it allows for a juggle. I used this very often today.
Cynnik
alot deep
PSN: Cynnik
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Sweet! 4,1 is a NC? He now has a decent 11-12f punisher... and a magic 4 combo??? (although, he's in SDW so probably can't get much)

This is the best news ive heard about raven. Thnx
Starwinderbeta
Team Glow™
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
4,1 may be the best thing to happen to Raven in a long time.
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Starwinderbeta
4,1 may be the best thing to happen to Raven in a long time.

Agreed.

Hope they keep that and SDW 3+4 the way it is now.

@ Dr D
What do you get after ch 4,1? Does SDW f+2,3 land or is it too slow?
Dr.D
Legend
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah man, 4,1 made me a very happy person.

After CH 4,1.. I went for BT1, SSL 1, b+1 B! etc.. I'm sure you can get better, but I didn't try to get too fancy.

@MrAdam - I didn't try f+2, sorry! and I can't play it anymore nooooo.
KNITEMAREX
Lone Wolf
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah SDW f+2,3 sounds perfect in that situation bro

Anyways, 4,1 looks like the stuff dreams are made of. Can't believe Namco gave Raven a legit good string. All I need to know now is the deal with 2,4? NC or no? I haven't seen anyone use it yet
MARAUDINGSHADOW
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: AgentShadow77
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
TekkenReplays's Channel has a few vids of Raven up and they show some ineteresting things. 4,1 is a NC as posted above and it looks as if it has enough + frames for decent SDW pressure. In one vid you see the player do 4,1~SDW,b+2 at least twice with any interruption. This gives Raven the offensive rush pressure he lacked. I am already thinking about 4,1~SDW,f+4 (1st hit) then SDW b+2 for pressure and then continuing however I choose with either SDW b+2,4, SDW f+2,4 for more pressure and stun. Even just db to create space and bait launch.

Hmm? 4,1~SDW b+2, SDW f+3(f), df+1,f+3~SDW~..... I can keep going. 4,1 also wall splats as seen in the KYSG vid.

The vids also show that db+2 is the new pick up after qcf+2. I saw qcf+2, db+2,1,ub+1,2,B! but it the opponent was backturned after Assassins Sting until the end.

A lot of his properties seem to leave the opponent in back turned positions. I saw db+4 have 2 different properties on CH. One knocked down FDFT, the other was side fall like from Kazuya's uf+4 extensions. I couldn't tell if the ff+4 hit in true combo from stun or if the opponent attempted to tech.

Smash Hammer b+1 knocks completely down on CH like in 5.0
Vermillion SDW ff+3+4 now allows for a better follow up after cross under. I saw SDW f+2,3 hit clean and allow B!

A?!
Signature Midnight Arrived Revealing A Uniquely Distinct Individual Now Gallantly Surrounding Himself Amid Darkness Other-Worldly
Mystical Anomaly Regarded As Unknown Dwelling Internally Nevertheless Gathering Strength Hellbent About Dispatching Ominous Wrath
Mastering All Required Attributes Under Direct Instruction Now Gaining Super Heightened Abilities Defeating Other Warriors
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MARAUDINGSHADOW
Smash Hammer b+1 knocks completely down on CH like in 5.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hXl...filepage#t=128s

Yeah, ugh, as someone who loves BR CH b+1, b+2,4 WHY? One of the sickest standing combos in the game and it's gone
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyler2k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hXl...filepage#t=128s

Yeah, ugh, as someone who loves BR CH b+1, b+2,4 WHY? One of the sickest standing combos in the game and it's gone

Agreed, even though the KND could give some oki, i prefer the good old ch b+1, b+2,4 (or b+2,2 for BT mixups) over it.
Starwinderbeta
Team Glow™
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
I liked 5.0 CH b+1 so this is good news for me.
DYNA$TY
Deity
PSN: Akushitsu
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
I welcome 5.0 ch b+1 as well as anything else that leaves them in fdht, if only b+3 was DR status too. Also, according to ina sdw f+2,3 is no longer safe? I hope that's not right. Wait, u/f+3 is safe but doesn't knd on normal hit? wtf?

Last edited by DYNA$TY on Sep 30th, 2011 at 09:28

Signature Team Next Generation
QDogg
Manji Foot Soldier
PSN: Qunimitsu
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Ninjas vs Sisters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZmw...tailpage#t=258s

At 6:07 of this vid, Yoshi goes into IND and disappears into a Raven tag in. A few seconds later, Raven performs HAZ 1~f and disappears into a Yoshi tag in.
Signature "Live, love, laugh, enjoy life."
Kirby Puckett, Minnesota Twins
1960-2006

Mad Hittman
The Grammaton Cleric
PSN: Mad_Hittman
XBL: HE IS IN RED HEALTH!
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by QDogg
At 6:07 of this vid, Yoshi goes into IND and disappears into a Raven tag in. A few seconds later, Raven performs HAZ 1~f and disappears into a Yoshi tag in.
This will be the shit in CMVs lol, fuck yeah!

Btw has anybody seen if there are changes to b,b+2 parry?? And is it just me or u/f+4 looks a bit slower??

Peace
Signature They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Kensei
3rd Dan
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
WS1:
ff3, 4,1 BT3+4
b4,4B!/ub1,2B!
is this possible???
can someone try it out???

oh yeah also about
QCF2~f2 b4,4B!
try it, i think its possible...
Signature [Lei2] random beat down oh yeah...
i'll just keep hitting ya!
oops got your leg...
wanna tree hug??? ...???