Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
E1J1
Iron Fist God
PSN: KaY1n
XBL: Untapped Potential
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
How fast/slow is u/f+3?

And I know...Why couldn't it be +14 ? His oki would be downright scary if he got free shoulder off that ground throw.

Another question, sorry I've been away from this game for too long, but why were people crying nerf over the new ground throw? I never see AK's GT's ever, so what did he lose?
Signature Someone play me
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok, I've done some testing.

His FD groundthrows are still there, but his FU GT's are the pick up. Zero damage for the latter.

Sounds like a good balance to me. Keeps his strength where its needed.

Last edited by Snap on Sep 24th, 2011 at 00:23

RDM
Navy Sailor
PSN: R_D_M
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Snap: what do you mean by FD and FA? F is feet evidently, lol

Face down/feet back is what I don't want nerfed

DJ Infinite
Signature Have fear, then it jumps at you like lightning. Dont have fear, then it glances gently, guiding you to Infinity DJ Infinite RDM

off to the Navy: tekken hiatus till the end of bootcamp
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
PSN: dropkick_br
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Snap
Ok, I've done some testing.

His FD groundthrows are still there, but his FA GT's are the pick up. Zero damage for the latter.

Sounds like a good balance to me. Keeps his strength where its needed.

I thought every damage GT is db1+3 and the pick-up GT is db2+4... I'm getting confused...
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
: Hey bro, not only that... both of us got future endeavored...
: This is some WCW sh*t going on... Who's booking this crap?
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Actually, I meant Face Up and Face Down.

Face Up GTs are pickups.

Face Down GTs are damaging.

Sorry for the confusion.

Also, pretty sure I've been using db+2+4 the whole time. Now I'm not sure, so I guess it's testing time again.
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
@Snap please test both db1+3 and db2+4 in all knockdown positions... I wanna know whick I need to press when I want the damage GT or pick-up GT.
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Patience, grasshopper. It's not easy to test GT's in a hostile arcade with challengers all the time.

Besides, I've looked over the movelist. It indeed looks like db+1+3 is the damage throw, db+2+4 is the pick up.
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Sorry bro... I just can't help it knowing that you guys can play and and contribute, while I'm here sitting and watching youtube vids...
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok, I can now 100% confirm that the db+2+4 is the pickup GT at the head or feet while the db+1+3 is the damaging one.

I also did at the wall db+2+4, w! b+1,2 (albeit on the computer)

This has very interesting repercussions as this means Ak can now juggle, W! f+1,2, db+2+4~w!, b+1,2.
Very interesting mixup, although breaking would be easy.
killerdoll89
Berserker
PSN: KILLERDOLL-FIN
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Omg AK has somekind of headbutt cancel into his stance.... 1:10 you see that happening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fowW...nel_video_title

Anybody know if there is something new from his stance? I know the just frame gs and isw mixup and mid are in br but anything new? new mids anything????
Signature new psn KILLERDOLL-FIN
Match ends when Marduk says so!!!
How to Descripe Armor King`s Stunner?
"What you don't see unless you look carefully is the 747 crash into an erupting volcano in the background and jesus returning with an army while Patrick Stewart sings Ludwig Van Beethoven's 'Ninth Symphony' at the sheer awesomness of it all." - Iron Lobster
back2basix
6th Dan
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by killerdoll89
Omg AK has somekind of headbutt cancel into his stance.... 1:10 you see that happening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fowW...nel_video_title

Anybody know if there is something new from his stance? I know the just frame gs and isw mixup and mid are in br but anything new? new mids anything????

i think the notation is d/b+1+2~d i think.. i'm not sure if there are new moves out of his stance though..
Signature Jinpachi is pissed because there is no icon for Ogre yet..

-Team Angry Boss
aka team broken
killerdoll89
Berserker
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Soooooo... I just saw how epic that ground throw is!!!!! w!B!df1,gt gives you free throw mixup that people cant duck or free b12 that gives +6 at walls after hit... SIIIIIICK HOLY SHIT WHAT A BUFF!!!!

But then again there is not a single person that doesent break that shit at walls... can someone make sure that you cant mix 1 or 2 break with that pickup gt
"What you don't see unless you look carefully is the 747 crash into an erupting volcano in the background and jesus returning with an army while Patrick Stewart sings Ludwig Van Beethoven's 'Ninth Symphony' at the sheer awesomness of it all." - Iron Lobster
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, keep in mind that the db+1+3 throw will actually throw them away from the wall.

Presumably tho, should they break either GT, they still stay there (at the wall).

I think it's quite balanced. Namco has been quite good at this sort of thing in tag2.
kongojack
2nd Dan
XBL: kongojack
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
That's funny. I wonder why the b+1,2 was blockable? *sigh* Testing time again...
killerdoll89
Berserker
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by kongojack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIkNPwQMuEQ
Ground throw at wall. 2:45

Sooooo... He blocked it... I totally hope that that AK was only late.

Can someone test if f2 is minus what now and its tracking abilities, because i heard you can now hitconfirm it, so it would be nice if the first one aint -11 again

And it tracks like homing in br only a couple of times something wierd has happened and it has been sidestepped.
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, it's just that the timing is tight. db+2+4w! b+1,2 still works.
MankoDaiSuki!!!
1st Dan
XBL: milkycha
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
So I was messing around with his db+2+4 GT today, and while it's not guaranteed(obviously), people seldom break it because they're usually mashing 1 when they see AK go for the GT(I haven't had it broken yet; 1+3 GT got broken without fail). Anyway, after f,f+3, db+2+4 leaves the opponent BT right next to AK for mixups. I landed some hopkicks and f+2,1 from it today.

Of course, this isn't amazing -- still probably better to go for stomps or something that picks them up for another juggle, but yeah, it's there. Aside from db+2+4 to W! b+1,2 and after f,f+3, I can't think of any situations where the GT is useful, but it's still early.
MMT
Royal Pain
PSN: MMTheo
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
3+4, 2 is no longer techable?
Signature STC|MMT|=ToT=

- Multiple Mono Tasking.
This is a signature that was made with a lot of EFFORT
Ramaady
5th Dan
PSN: Ramaady
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MMT
3+4, 2 is no longer techable?

i saw in some recent vids that it is techable, but now opponent can hit you with a 10 frame move after 3+4... so there is a risk now