Page Splits 123>...7
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
New moves

uf+3 - 21 frames, -8 on block, +5 on hit, KND on CH. Mid jumping knee, normal hits gives "face grab stun", CH gives KND stun for d+2B! 3+4, 2, f+2,1 combo. Usable in combos. Whiff is very painful tho. Doesn't low crush.

b+4:1+4 - 16 frames, mid kick (like Baek ub+4) into stunner. Long range, maybe 3+4 range. -11 on block, 0 on hit or CH.

Ak to King tag throw: qcb+1+2~5. Ak throws them up (like usual) and King runs in for a iSW.
Ak to JC tag throw is 1+3~5
AK to Craig: cd+1+4_2+3~5

King to Ak: b+1+2~5
JC to Ak: d,db+1+3~5
Craig to Ak: 1+3~5

General

Old b+4,3 string is gone (?)

DU is taggable.

ws+1 launches regularly and is taggable.

Frankensteiner is taggable.

1+2,2 and 4 are HC.
1+2~b - 1+2 into BT. You can press 1+2~B, and then HC the 2 or not.

f+2,1 is now HC.

f+1+2, f+4 no longer guaranteed.

CH b+[1],2 used to give a stun for hopkick. Now just a df+1, 1+2,2, d+2B! etc.

df+2+3 throw will F!

db+2+4 - new GT at the head or feet, for face up and face down. Pick up and shove. Will w! for +12, ie. free b+1,2.

db+1+3 is the previous, damaging GTs.

db+1+2~d - headbutt cancel into short shadow step. Press 1+2 for tackle.

Last edited by Snap on Jan 9th, 2012 at 04:40

BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
PSN: BlackPriest_ITA
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
^ Plus WS+1 launcher normally now, like BR off axis WS+1.

---

Move list:

http://www.tekken-official.jp/tag2a...s/armorking.pdf
1st column (T) is tag launchers (launchers where ~5 afterwards can tag in your other char)
2nd column (B) is B! moves
3rd column (H) is homing moves
4th column is move name, moves in grey boxes in this column are new moves
5th column is inputs
6th column is hit range: high =上 / mid = 中 / low = 下
7th column is notes

---

The file shows another new throw on page 3.

相手ダウン中 d/b+2+4.

Last edited by BlackPriest on Sep 21st, 2011 at 00:05

Snap
Where's the cheese?
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
"相手ダウン中 d/b+2+4" is his GT. New my ass, it was a nerf.
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Damage nerf? How serious is it?

But tbh, with Aking having decent stomp and f+4, the GT is not extremely useful anyways for the risk of getting it broken or even getting launched if they quickstand?
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
No/little damage. He just hoists them to their feet now.

I kind of agree with you that GT's aren't the best choice for oki, but that's kind of exactly why the nerf was unnecessary anyway. It was more risk for more reward.
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
PSN: dropkick_br
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
What's the problem with AK's GT? His T6 Ground throws are still there... Only with a db1+3 notation...
The new GT is another option AK can do near wall, which improves his oki IMO.

Question though... Does the new ground throw give +frames? Taggable?
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
: Hey bro, not only that... both of us got future endeavored...
: This is some WCW sh*t going on... Who's booking this crap?
kazijana
Lone Wolf
PSN: Toffeemandariini
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
^Why should i try to break the Pick-up GT instead of the ground throw that actually does anything?
Signature Tofma
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
^That's why I'm asking if there's something more to it than just a pick-up push. I smell JC flapjack/King Irish whip shenanigans with this. There might even be some hidden JF stuff included... Even if it only +frames, it can be a good setup for throws/DU...
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Taking + frames over stomp damage and further oki for the risk of getting nothing (on break) or even getting launched (on quickstand)? No thanks.
Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
PSN: BrahmaDDT
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
So is the pickup GT FUFT only, or are all the d/b+2+4 versions a pickup? I'm guessing it just gives really good +f.

So u/f+3 only gives stun on CH? What does it do on normal hit now?

Also Snap, would you mind me editing the original post to organize and update new info?

Last edited by Brahma on Sep 20th, 2011 at 21:14

Signature Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

[sdtekken.com]
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
I dunno guys, but I gotta know more about the db2+4 GT first before I shout "NERF!". Honestly, if it wallsplats, I'll use it after a wall juggle for another re-wallsplat and at least I'll get 12 or 21 out of it, kinda like steve wallpush. I gotta know too if there's a special tag throw coming from it or even something guarranteed...
killerdoll89
Berserker
PSN: KILLERDOLL-FIN
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
So uf3 is pretty shitty anyway, or i dont see why 1 wouldnt use old cd4 instead of it...

And that gt stuff is really bad imo, sometimes gt is just the right option for many many situations and has given me some tournament match that were really important... For me gt nerf is more bad than putting hopkick -14 move. SHIIIIT

And is Stunner still -14???

Any info on multithrows, does last parts on break still leave you to oki??
Signature new psn KILLERDOLL-FIN
Match ends when Marduk says so!!!
How to Descripe Armor King`s Stunner?
"What you don't see unless you look carefully is the 747 crash into an erupting volcano in the background and jesus returning with an army while Patrick Stewart sings Ludwig Van Beethoven's 'Ninth Symphony' at the sheer awesomness of it all." - Iron Lobster
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Doesn't stomp(s) work in the exact same situations where GT works?

I like stomps. A lot.
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Brahma
Also Snap, would you mind me editing the original post to organize and update new info?

Not at all, by all means, go ahead

Stomps are generally favorable to GT, but GT's have two big things going for them

1) They have bigger damage.

2) On FD opponents, there's no risk of them teching out.

I would have preferred them still in. Better to have and not need and all that.
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Look on the positive side... Movement is "in" again, and wavedashing is really good this time. It's something AK can do well...

DU can be tag-comboed. So pair him up with a damaging combo maker and you can kiss red life buhbye... He's still strong in this game...
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
This is actually kind of true.

While DU is no EWGF (being -10 and all), Ak/King can DU~5, f+2,2 all day.
killerdoll89
Berserker
PSN: KILLERDOLL-FIN
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by BlackPriest
Doesn't stomp(s) work in the exact same situations where GT works?

I like stomps. A lot.

No... Some situations you can just sideroll stomps or eat one and tech out... I like stomps too, but some situations you just read that dude stays in ground and you just make hugeload of damage from GT. Still really pissed from this one
Signature new psn KILLERDOLL-FIN
Match ends when Marduk says so!!!
How to Descripe Armor King`s Stunner?
"What you don't see unless you look carefully is the 747 crash into an erupting volcano in the background and jesus returning with an army while Patrick Stewart sings Ludwig Van Beethoven's 'Ninth Symphony' at the sheer awesomness of it all." - Iron Lobster
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by killerdoll89
No... Some situations you can just sideroll stomps or eat one and tech out... I like stomps too, but some situations you just read that dude stays in ground and you just make hugeload of damage from GT. Still really pissed from this one

Honestly, why mad? As if people always break AK's GT anyway. AK's GT is too fast for it's damage. If they tech, WR3. If they rollback, uf1+2. Up close, stomps. Not everybody will anticipate a GT and worry more about his other options. That's what's going for his GTs... The only considerable nerf was it only has a 1 break, but still, people won't break it unless you really get predictable with it.

I'm still interested about his other GT... I hope someone tests it out. I hope I can use like like King 1, DB1+3 wall combo. If it does wallsplat...
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Well 1st stomp is 20 dmg (+ basic low mid mix-up if they tech and you stop after the 1st), now half GT damage (50 % risk of getting it broken on paper) and you see why I don't think it such a huge nerf. It's preference I guess, but it's not like you can't remedy the nerf by using stomp instead...

Btw, Ina Tekken wiki states the following in the notes section of the new GT:

"壁ヒット時?アマキン+12F?有利"

According to google translate (don't speak Japanese unfortunately) this means:

"When you hit the wall? Amakin +12 F? advantage"
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by BlackPriest

"When you hit the wall? Amakin +12 F? advantage"

WOW! I wish AK got a 12 frame wallsplat move... at least b12 is guarranteed and their back's against the wall. Awesome!