< >
Swayman
4th Dan
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3pY...feature=related

Ok, for now, im confused but, i find it
24~26 sec, around this.
If somebody can test it...(?) >.>
Signature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgGlftiwuzs TM Arena Combo video!
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
PSN: BlackPriest_ITA
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
That's his normal qcb+3,2 actually.
Shinjin
Iron Fist God
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Does anyone know how to do ultimate punishment ground throw now?. i think you might have to do N,2, d+1,1 instead of just holding down and mashing 211.
Signature Bruck him for souf east, blud

look man the move doesnt track sidestep, but if you sidestep it will hit you
steves b+1 isint safe because it only auto guards high and mid, but you can cancel it and block all lows
Jaycees u/f+4,3 is launch punishable on block but if you try to punish it the 1 follow-up will hit you
Onizuk@
Legend
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
@Shinjin: Paul is one of my mains since Tekken 2. I'm sure that you have to hold d after the input of d+1.
Doubt that the timing in TTT2 changed much.

So it looks like this:
(FC_d/b)+1+2, 2,D+1,1,N ,4~1~1+2

The timing of 4~1~1+2 is very strict, that's the only problem so far.

(Btw. 200th post!)
Signature TTT2U Paul punishment thread: "No pain, no gain."
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=128452
The most complete punishment thread on TZ.
"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate."
Sun Tzu 孫子; Sūn Zǐ; (c. 6th century BCE)
Shinjin
Iron Fist God
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
i'm not having trouble with the 2nd part, i'm having trouble getting the 2,1,1 at the start, i've not been able to do it in TTT2 yet.
Signature Bruck him for souf east, blud

look man the move doesnt track sidestep, but if you sidestep it will hit you
steves b+1 isint safe because it only auto guards high and mid, but you can cancel it and block all lows
Jaycees u/f+4,3 is launch punishable on block but if you try to punish it the 1 follow-up will hit you
Angelo1
Iron Fist God
PSN: Desolution_X
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
People are missing the point of db2.

db2 is a good safe move, hits mid and seems to have high crushing frames. It gives oki in TTT2. It's a buff, that's for sure. ch db2, d2 should be g'teed for damage and 3,2 and db2 should catch backroll.

Somebody should try if sway1 hits them after a CH db2. If it does, it's g'teed damage and i they backroll it will B! them.

This seems like solid oki to me.
Signature The Lazy Generation~
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
^ Who said that it's bad?

It?s a nice high crushing poke in BR, I love it. Fast at i16 and gives a mix-up on hit. If it gives a mini-juggle now (maybe something like d+1,4,2 or so) or even oki on CH now it?s a buff and I will just spam it more.
Angelo1
Iron Fist God
PSN: Desolution_X
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
In veggy's feedback he's stating that it's a useless move and i'm just posting why it isn't.
One of pauls best moves in BR. mid, range, high crush, floats and good frames.
Signature The Lazy Generation~
PhatBatter
1st Dan
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Orignal text deleted due to me being useless at using quotes the correct way

Last edited by PhatBatter on Oct 21st, 2011 at 00:00

Signature My pockets hurt.......
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
After extensive TTT2 playing at the tourney in Milan I can say that the game is truly amazing. Namco put so much love in this game, the details and graphics are utter awesomeness and the system is great.

Paul is solid folks, really, really solid.

qcb+1+2 is pretty useless indeed, but you don't fuck with qcb+4 and beasty WS+3,2!!!

qcb+4 is nice, though the frame advantage on block is not overly useful in the open because of the pushback, the combo on CH is nasty and the homing properties are a good addition.
WS+3,2 is fucking awesome, seriously the best (realistic) buff he could get. It rapes ppl, for blocked lows obviously but also when attacking with it. The 2 is easily hit confirmable and very delayable and the 3 is safe on block. In the version we had (wasn't the final build) the 2 also gives a qcb+4 like stun into combo on CH, but even though you can delay the 2 for like forever that might not be extremely useful aside from mindgames since it's high obviously and ppl shoudl be ducking after the 3 anyway. But man using iWS+3,HC,2 is very effective for offense.

CH d/b+2 is a very nice new addition also.
The Comeback
Fujin
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by BlackPriest
After extensive TTT2 playing at the tourney in Milan I can say that the game is truly amazing. Namco put so much love in this game, the details and graphics are utter awesomeness and the system is great.

qcb+1+2 is pretty useless indeed, but you don't fuck with qcb+4 and beasty WS+3,2!!!

qcb+4 is nice, though the frame advantage on block is not overly useful in the open because of the pushback, the combo on CH is nasty and the homing properties are a good addition.
WS+3,2 is fucking awesome, seriously the best (realistic) buff he could get. It rapes ppl, for blocked lows obviously but also when attacking with it. The 2 is easily hit confirmable and very delayable and the 3 is safe on block. In the version we had (wasn't the final build) the 2 also gives a qcb+4 like stun into combo on CH, but even though you can delay the 2 for like forever that might not be extremely useful aside from mindgames since it's high obviously and ppl shoudl be ducking after the 3 anyway. But man using iWS+3,HC,2 is very effective for offense.

CH d/b+2 is a very nice new addition also.

good shit.

PhatBatter
1st Dan
#32 “Quote” Edit Post

d/f+3,4: last hit is delayable now

I'm pretty sure it is chargeable rather then delayable
Signature My pockets hurt.......
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
^ Just checked Ina, you're right, it's apparently safe at -9 when charged.

Good stuff, thanks.
Jin's Evil
Legend
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Just to confirm, the second hit of ws+3,2 still gives stun on CH in the final build.

qcb+4 is an amazing addition. After CH, even just df+1, 1, b+1,2 (b!) demoman does a ton.
Rain of Death
Raijin
PSN: DaLaziGamer
#35 “Quote” Edit Post

Hey BP, how effective is ws+3,2 compared to ws+4? I've always used ws+4 in T6 for interrupting opponent combos. Which is faster and has better range? There anytime where you would consider using one over the other? Thanks for giving the scoop on Paul's new stuff.

Last edited by Rain of Death on Oct 23rd, 2011 at 08:59

Signature "Oh how sweet it is!"
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jin's Evil
Just to confirm, the second hit of ws+3,2 still gives stun on CH in the final build.

qcb+4 is an amazing addition. After CH, even just df+1, 1, b+1,2 (b!) demoman does a ton.

Thanks for confirming.

And good stuff, I remember CH qcb+4 combos doing sick damage.

Originally posted by Rain of Death
Hey BP, how effective is ws+3,2 compared to ws+4? I've always used ws+4 in T6 for interrupting op opponent combos. Which is faster and has better range? There anytime where you would consider using one over the other? Thanks for giving the scoop on Paul's new stuff.

Np man.

When I played iws+3,HC,2 (d,d/f,n+3; you can also do it with d,d/b,n+3 if you're not use to this iWS input or else a qcf+3 might come out if you mess up) was really effective in their face, but yeah, the range is a little less than WS+4, it's two frames slower and ppl might still need to get used to it because it's a new move, but even then it's a great addition. Easily hit confirmable, around twice as much damage as WS+4 and KND/W!. I can't stress the W! enough. HC W! splat, and the WS+3 hit's even grounded if close enough. Nasty at the wall in every way, for spatting and after a W! combo.
I think WS+4 is still good for a poke (qcf+4) because of its range and for punishing -11 and -12 lows, but that's about it.
pcmacro
Crackers for Trolls
PSN: pcmacro
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for confirming.

And good stuff, I remember CH qcb+4 combos doing sick damage.

Np man.

When I played iws+3,HC,2 (d,d/f,n+3; you can also do it with d,d/b,n+3 if you're not use to this iWS input or else a qcf+3 might come out if you mess up) was really effective in their face, but yeah, the range is a little less than WS+4, it's two frames slower and ppl might still need to get used to it because it's a new move, but even then it's a great addition. Easily hit confirmable, around twice as much damage as WS+4 and KND/W!. I can't stress the W! enough. HC W! splat, and the WS+3 hit's even grounded if close enough. Nasty at the wall in every way, for spatting and after a W! combo.
I think WS+4 is still good for a poke (qcf+4) because of its range and for punishing -11 and -12 lows, but that's about it.

I am actually happy iws+3.hc2 isn't replacing ws+3, just gives more variety and better mix ups for Paul.

This new Paul seems like a total mind fuck...hehe I am loving it and I can't wait to test him out.
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Sorry but I don't understand what you mean with replacing WS+3. You mean his old WS+3 that is like f+3 in BR? Not sure if that is still possible in TT2, but why would you want to use that? You must have meant something else I guess.

Yeah, it's gonna be awesome. It's not just Paul though, the whole game is so great, I'm hyped. It sucks to have to wait for the console version though...
SSJ4_Vegita
Party in my pants
PSN: VeggyUK
XBL: VeggyUK
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
WS+3 also hits grounded at certain angles, even if you whiff it they will be too scared to do get up 3 in case you press 2
Signature If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button.
pcmacro
Crackers for Trolls
PSN: pcmacro
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Sorry for that. I must have been exhausted when I typed that.

I think I meant I am happy it isn't replacing ws+4, which is why he has better mix ups now. You can mess with someone's counter hit timing.