TTT2 Bob Changes (Read 1st post) + Discussion

Page Splits 1...<34567>...8
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Drake the Demon
#81 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Sugar Roll
There's a few combos that turns the opponent after ff+1+2.
ff+1+2, cd+1, b+2, 1, u/f+1+2, 1 b!
ff+1+2, d/b+2, dash jab, dash jab, u/f+1+2, 1 b!
ff+1+2, u/f+1+2, 1 b!, ff+3, d/f+1, d+2,3, b+1+2
ff+1+2, ws+2,1, u/f+1+2, 1 b!, ff+3, d+2,3

take your pick

Thanks, added these to the combo thread.

Also, the first post in this thread has been updated.

It is difficult to provide new info on Bob, mainly because he is not a popular character at the arcades (or maybe he is, but the people who play him don't post info on TZ).
WeaponX
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: X_Copies
#82 “Quote” Edit Post
I use Nina/Bob. I rather read more than post but I'll try to give an update of my findings. About the new moves:

1) 214: It's high mid mid. The entire string is safe on block. However, people can jap interrupt you the last hit and float you. So it's a risky to throw out the last hit. I guess a potential good setup would be 21 crouch then ws21 if they try to jab. Last hit knd and gives you a free d1. This might be a really good wall combo since the 4 !B. Will try this out next time.

2) u3+4: I actually really like this move. It does pretty good damage. Puts them on crouch when blocking. knd on ch and you get another u3+4 for free but puts you on the other side.

The correction to do his new alt. juggle df2 ch, db2, d23, 1, ff2 !B. You have to do f1, ff2 !B . ff2 won't reach with just standing 1.

His tag assault combo with Nina:

df2 ch, db2, d23, 1, ff2~5 Nina ws43, back to Bob running 3 or 3+4
df2 ch, d23, 2, uf1+2, 1~5 Nina ws43, back to Bob running 3 or 3+4

They both do half damage and have excellent wall carry.
Drake the Demon
#83 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the info, but most of it is already in the first post. I added the 2,1,4 jab interrupt before the last hit though.

Also, CH u+3+4 is actually a juggle starter:

CH u+3+4, ws+4, 2,1,4, B, d+2,1,2
CH u+3+4, ws+2,2 B, f,f+3, d+2,3, b+1+2
WeaponX
Tekken Lord Black
#84 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Drake the Demon
Thanks for the info, but most of it is already in the first post. I added the 2,1,4 jab interrupt before the last hit though.

Also, CH u+3+4 is actually a juggle starter:

CH u+3+4, ws+4, 2,1,4, B, d+2,1,2
CH u+3+4, ws+2,2 B, f,f+3, d+2,3, b+1+2

oh yeah I forgot about that. I'm going to check to see if CH u3+4, ws4, df1, 2, uf1+2, 1 !B is going to work. db44 !B on juggle so I'm going try out how well his oki game with db44. See if I can float them on wake up with db44 !B d23, df1, d23, b1+2. Any suggestions would be nice.
WeaponX
Tekken Lord Black
#85 “Quote” Edit Post
Can you still get a free d1 or any ground hit if you land an off axis hit with ss1+2? I could've sworn that I hit people with ss1+2 off axis and they could still back roll.
Sugar Roll
Virtuoso
#86 “Quote” Edit Post
2,1,4 is even crappier than I origially thought. So last hit can be interrupted...I even saw in a vid that the last hit can be sidestepped too.

IIRC, you can't backroll a CH SS+1+2, off-axis or not.
Signature A foreign warrior from a group of islands far to the southeast. Dubbed as "sugarol", which literally means gambler in his native land, as he used to spend his free time gambling. Though successful in it, he decided to mend his ways as he realized it was no different from stealing. He kept his name as a constant reminder of his past but it later evolved to what he is known now, Sugar Roll.
WeaponX
Tekken Lord Black
#87 “Quote” Edit Post
2,1,4 is even crappier than I origially thought. So last hit can be interrupted...I even saw in a vid that the last hit can be sidestepped too.

IIRC, you can't backroll a CH SS+1+2, off-axis or not.

In T6, you can't backroll after getting hit by ss1+2 on your side or even slightly to your side with CH or no CH. I wonder they if that is still the case in TTT2.

I agree 214 is shitty string as a whole but I still like 21 since it's a high mid NC. You can use this string in a wall combo if you haven't bound them yet. Last hit is a pretty strong hit for a bound with that spark. As for 21 string, does anyone know what the frames are on hit? I looked a AVTP frame data and they don't have it. They also put down 212 string on the list but that 212 string is not in TTT2.
Drake the Demon
#88 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by WeaponX
In T6, you can't backroll after getting hit by ss1+2 on your side or even slightly to your side with CH or no CH. I wonder they if that is still the case in TTT2.

Based on what we know about TTT2 mechanics so far, I would say it's the same.

Frame data for 2,1: -7 on block, +4 on hit (not verified though)
WeaponX
Tekken Lord Black
#89 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Drake the Demon
Based on what we know about TTT2 mechanics so far, I would say it's the same.

Frame data for 2,1: -7 on block, +4 on hit (not verified though)

thanks for the info.

Someone asked about if Bob gets anything for free off of CH ff2. Well the animation getting CH by ff2 is like getting hit by Paul's CH f1+2.
Sugar Roll
Virtuoso
#90 “Quote” Edit Post
TTT2 has been released in my country at last. I was able to play a few games but wasn't able to test things out as much as I wanted. The place was so crowded and the mood was intense.

One change I noticed and isn't in the first post is that d+1+2, 2, 1, there's no ki charge after the last hit anymore. A ground hit after the string looks to be guaranteed. I've connected it a few times. If the frames remains the same, it should be a viable 15 frame punish now.

I still managed to connect the b+2 follow-up after b! ff+3, b+1+2, 1 oki pickup. The jab after the b+2 whiffed though. Not sure if I made a mistake but it didn't look like a situation where the jab could connect. I'll test it more next time I play.

d+1 - Looks to be unchanged to me. Doesn't feel like it's -7~9 on block. I can still move easily after. I'm basing it on a blocked d/f+2 which is supposedly as bad on block. I'll confirm it next time.

u+3+4 - seems like it's only use is for a ground hitting move. CH d+1 to u+3+4 deals a good amount of damage. Depending on how deep you connect d+1, positions will be reversed.

ff+2 - I love this move. I love throwing it out of a wavedash. It's a good complementary mixup to hellsweep and cd+3,2.

d/b+2 - doesn't flip the opponent in juggles anymore. They stay BT'd in the air after connecting this.

2,1 - it's definitely worse than it's BR counterpart. 2nd hit comes out very slow. I get interrupted a lot between hits and I even got hit by a WS launcher when the 2 was ducked. The 2nd hit used to beat out WS attempts before. And the string is too easy to step. Forget the 3rd hit, the 2nd hit is terrible. I don't even use it as a punisher anymore. The +frames isn't good enough to keep the pressure on. 1,4 is my standard 10 frame punish now.

cd+1 - yeah it was nerfed but it's not that bad. I still use it as a keep away move. I get a CH here and there for a juggle. On a normal hit, I give them a wavedash mixup after. Connecting cd+1 in the air still guarantees a b+2, 1, u/f+1+2,1 b!

u/f+1+2 - can still be hit confirmed but the first being jab punishable now, the move lost it's popularity with me. I don't use it anymore outside of block punishment. I replaced it's usefulness as a wall splat with ff+2 and as a whiff punisher with d/b+1+2

cd+2, bb+2+3 b!, d/f+1, d+2,3, b+1+2 - what I use to catch players taggin in

Overall I like Bob better now.
Signature A foreign warrior from a group of islands far to the southeast. Dubbed as "sugarol", which literally means gambler in his native land, as he used to spend his free time gambling. Though successful in it, he decided to mend his ways as he realized it was no different from stealing. He kept his name as a constant reminder of his past but it later evolved to what he is known now, Sugar Roll.
J o n m a n
Legend
PSN: readwatchread
#91 “Quote” Edit Post
Good info guys. Keep em up. I've yet to play tag 2 since i have not finished my Christmas shopping. Anyway, tag 2's goddamn expensive and um, that kinda dough would be better spent on a massage parlor or GROs or something. I vow to play tag2 though before the 25th. haha

I guess right now one of the most important aspects of bob's game is tag comboing from his d/b1+2... gotta test that shit out
WeaponX
Tekken Lord Black
#92 “Quote” Edit Post
I did play a lot last weekend during Socal Regionals. There were 4 TTT2 cabs and they were free . I KINDA understand why Japan put Bob in the A-tier.

ff2 is way too good as what Sugar Roll said. That move has so much range, safe on block, big push back for you to space out to do another one, tracks mainly to his right but can track to his left it done on distance, bounds if you catch them hop kicking you, free d1 if you get them almost near the wall, they can't tech if they got hit, decent damage, it's 15 frames, and there's really no way around this to stop someone abusing this unless you try to unchickenable parry it.

You can still get the wall combo: back dash db2, b41, df1, d3+4 regardless to wall splat them at a slight angle. db2 to b41 still connects if db2 doesn't re-splat them.

the frame changes on block for 1,d4 and bf1 is a total game changer for Bob. That bring a lot of pressure of unexpected attacks.

I'm sure there's a lot more that makes him really good so feel free to share because I want to know more.

I also have a couple of questions that need to be answered:

What should I do when someone side steps to my left?

What's a good combo for db1+2? This doesn't put you in crouch anymore and ws21 is not fast enough to juggle after hitting them with db1+2.
Drake the Demon
#93 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by WeaponX
What's a good combo for db1+2? This doesn't put you in crouch anymore and ws21 is not fast enough to juggle after hitting them with db1+2.

So d/b+1+2 doesn't put you in crouch anymore? How interesting! I need to update the first post soon.

Have you tried d/b+1+2, d/b+2, d+2,3, f+1, f,f+2 yet?
Sugar Roll
Virtuoso
#94 “Quote” Edit Post
That combo doesn't work drake. The opponent is BT'd after d/b+2 so d+2,3 will whiff. What I'm doing so far is d/b+1+2, d/b+2, 1, u/f+1+2, 1~5 B! I'm still thinking of a better one. d/b+1+2 is a taggable launcher though so If you have a partner that can flip the opponent then you'll be able to have a better juggle.

WeaponX, have you confirmed if bf+1 is just jab punishable now? I still haven't confirmed if it's no longer launch punishable. I've used it a lot but no one attempted to launch punish me so far. Either I connect it or they punish me with jabs. I don't know if they are aware of the change to the move or it's just that they never knew how to punish it properly back in BR.

I'm not sure about the tracking on ff+2. The move itself might not have tracking but the ff motion probably makes Bob re-align with the opponent. I know my ff+2 was stepped before.
Toshinjin
Nooblet.
PSN: foxlyfe
#95 “Quote” Edit Post
What did they change about 1,4 and 1,d+4?

Also, what are you guys using for bobs wall combo now?
Signature
Sugar Roll
Virtuoso
#96 “Quote” Edit Post
1,4 is still the same. 1, d+4 is no longer launch punishable. On walls, his old combos still works. TA on wall with someone else say...lars is beast. Something like:

Bob: ff+2 w!, bd, d/b+2 w!, b+4,1~5 b!
Lars: f+4,1,2,1
Bob: u/f+3+4, 4
WeaponX
Tekken Lord Black
#97 “Quote” Edit Post
WeaponX, have you confirmed if bf+1 is just jab punishable now? I still haven't confirmed if it's no longer launch punishable. I've used it a lot but no one attempted to launch punish me so far. Either I connect it or they punish me with jabs. I don't know if they are aware of the change to the move or it's just that they never knew how to punish it properly back in BR.

I'm not sure about the tracking on ff+2. The move itself might not have tracking but the ff motion probably makes Bob re-align with the opponent. I know my ff+2 was stepped before.

I haven't tested bf1 frames on block. People here are also punishing me with jabs on that move so I wouldn't know. ATP does state that it's 11? on block. I think the '?' either means they are questioning it or it is an indicator of frame change from T6 to TTT2.

ff2 tracks on his right for sure. In T6 practice mode, I couldn't able to ssr and swr bob's ff2. I can always swl and can ssl only at close from ff2.

It seems Bob's weakness is when people ssl or swl. what do you do? I really don't like f4 and ff44.

Drake the demon:

so far the best combo I can get with Bob's db1+2 is tagging in with Nina to do df32, f2,1,1+2 !B d2,3
Sugar Roll
Virtuoso
#98 “Quote” Edit Post
d/f+1 tracks to Bob's left while d/f+2 tracks to Bob's right. Then there's d/b+3+4. d+1 has some tracking too. And the second hit of d+2,1 catches opponents on his left. Situational tools but it gets the job done for me.
WeaponX
Tekken Lord Black
#99 “Quote” Edit Post
d/f+1 tracks to Bob's left while d/f+2 tracks to Bob's right. Then there's d/b+3+4. d+1 has some tracking too. And the second hit of d+2,1 catches opponents on his left. Situational tools but it gets the job done for me.

Nice. knew d1 and df1 takes care of his left but didn't know about db3+4 and d21. The two I don't know is much better because I don't like df1 because not much damage and d1 just makes you hold still still on block.
jAy-kEi
Fujin
PSN: wogus
#100 “Quote” Edit Post
Frames from the official guide:

bf1 = -11 / KND on hit
d1 = -9 on block / +7 on hit
uf1+2 = -11 on block (1st hit)
db3 = -13 on block / +2 on hit
cd32 = -12 on block (dont force crouch)
db1+2 = -13 on block
ff2 (15 frames) = -8 on block / KND on hit
21 (10 frames) = -5 on block / +4 on hit
214 = -2 on block / KND on hit
1d4 = -12 on block / -1 on hit
df2 = -8 on block / +8 on hit
u3+4 (24 frames) = -4 on block / +6 on hit / juggle on CH
db3+4 = -26 on block / +6 on hit
db3+4,4 = -27 on block / +8 on hit

I just picked out the note worthy ones, please remind that the guide doesnt cover the whole movelist. It does cover a good part of it.
Signature
대한민국!