Who're you teaming Yoshimitsu with?

Page Splits <12345>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Kazama Kenshin
Kyu
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
did alisa/yoshi team got nerfed in unlimited?

Yes, Majorly apparently since both Alisas' b+3+4,b+3+4 and Yoshis' shark attack (meaning the whole part of the standard combo ender) damage has been nerfed...
Yoshi_Soul
7th Dan
PSN: Ecks007
XBL: Yoshi Ecks007
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
Yoshi/Kuni and Yoshi/Leo
Signature The Double-Sword Ninja
Cosmic Forge
Iron Fist God
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
I was gonna post this in the main thread, but lo and behold, there's a partner discussion right here.

I've been debating between sticking with something familiar (Kuni) or learning something new (Raven). Of course I'll be playing other chars too (one of the Kings, maybe Xiao or Wang for the crazy parry powers).

What do you think? Raven is entirely foreign in playstyle to Yoshi(who has changed so much), really none of his strats/pressure/setups seem familiar at all. But Kuni in TTT1 was almost entirely an inferior carbon copy of Yoshi. Often I had to pick a mainstream character so that Yoshi wasn't doing all the work. I've done some reading in the new Kuni forum, but won't have access to Tag 2 until launch day. Seems she's got promise, but I have the opportunity to get started on Raven now, too.

Basically I wanna keep it theme-oriented for now (ninja). What to do...
Kazu-Yoshi-girl
a.k.a Tenshimitsu
PSN: Tenshimitsu
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
I would say: try both. I will have like 5 tag partners for Yoshi at the beginning, then my favourite pair will (hopefully) crystallize.

Hmm... Jun, Angel, Kuni, Jinpachi, Jin, True Ogre/Ogre, Dragunov, Lili, Alisa... no, that's 10 chars I'm planning to learn at a good level (In TTT1 I also was more multicharacter player). I don't know who will suit Yoshi best, we will see. I'm looking for a character with a playstyle completely different to Yoshi yet still capable of long-range punishing. The one who both has something for tag-incoming opponent (preferably a long-range launcher, like Jun) and something to defend against tagswitch-punishing (reverse/parry, escape motion, etc.)
Signature http://www.ManjiKai.com - Shiki soku ze kuu!
吉光と天使光:一心同体
PhineBuyM3
Berserker
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
I agree with KYG, learn Raven now to keep you occupied until Sep. 11, and if you don't like him by the time TTT2 head over to Kunimitsu.
Signature
jugeras
Kyu
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
BRYAN is quite fun... good combos... and they hate each other

togre, aking, dkazuya... are all good...
Yoshi_Soul
7th Dan
PSN: Ecks007
XBL: Yoshi Ecks007
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
I change my 2nd team from Yoshi/Leo to Leo/D. Jin. I just felt that having more than one team with Yoshi would make the game stall imo. Yoshi/Kuni is still my main. I just love how both team play. and after doing more research, its a lock team for me.

I need to work on my cd+1 backdash and side step cancels A LOT. I stopped play T6, becuz of other fighters and shooters, but I been back on my T6 grind for like 3 months. Gearing up for TTT2!
Signature The Double-Sword Ninja
JustFrame
Fujin
PSN: X6JustFrameJames
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
Law/Yoshi hey check out revelation stream this sat and Sunday Tekken 6 let me know what you guys think of my Yoshi I made some progress with him.
Signature #1 Law
#2 Jin
#3 Baek
#4 Yoshimitsu
Kazu-Yoshi-girl
a.k.a Tenshimitsu
PSN: Tenshimitsu
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
Post the link please and I'll do my best to follow the stream, at least during Sunday
Signature http://www.ManjiKai.com - Shiki soku ze kuu!
吉光と天使光:一心同体
Angelo1
Iron Fist God
PSN: Desolution_X
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
Yoshi raven. I played them yesterday and that team has so much synergy. Also, Yoshi/Jin is a great team!
Signature The Lazy Generation~
Rocktar
Shihan
PSN: rocktar
XBL: FineBottledWate
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
TA wall tech catch possibility (Feng, Yoshi):

Tech:
TA against the wall, Yoshi comes in for sword spin, opponent tech roll, eats the sword, Feng's bound with d/b+2,2,2

Grounded:
TA against the wall, Yoshi comes in for sword spin, opponent stays on the ground, Feng's d/b+2,2,2 picks up for B! while eating sword spin along the way
Junon_FD
Iron Fist God
PSN: ForMyNinjas
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
Unfortunately, using swordspin as a TA! leaves yoshi on screen

Unless it changed since the build I played at NEC?
Signature ForMyNinjas = Stance masher; flash master.

Someone once told me the definition of Hell: The last day you have on earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become. -- Anonymous.
Cosmic Forge
Iron Fist God
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
Currently in training deciding between Kuni and Raven. Raven is very straight forward IMO, where Kuni seems to be a bit more flash and eccentric. Currently learning combos and punishers, but so far Kuni really has some crazy combos, esp with Yoshi. His kangaroo kick in some situations pushes enemy back into range 0 for more extensions.
WarpKidBuu
2nd Dan
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
Go for Kunimitsu, she has some excellent flashy combo's and a dash that can play mindgames.
coilover2005
Sage
PSN: coilover2005
XBL: PSN2:HarakiriHoodlum
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
Since we're a couple days in has anyone changed their initial team? My secondary has always been Lili or Julia in the past so I've been teaming them with Yoshi so far...Hmmmm.... Lots of time in practice mode so far. Def having some trouble with Max Dmg Tag Assaults with Lili and Yoshi. I dunno if it's just me or they seem to pair a bit "off?" Certain moves just don't seem to wanna space out properly (or At least how i see it should connect)
Signature -Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win.

*Zhuge Liang

Inca
(=' 3 ')=
PSN: xxIncaxx
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by coilover2005
Since we're a couple days in has anyone changed their initial team? My secondary has always been Lili or Julia in the past so I've been teaming them with Yoshi so far...Hmmmm.... Lots of time in practice mode so far. Def having some trouble with Max Dmg Tag Assaults with Lili and Yoshi. I dunno if it's just me or they seem to pair a bit "off?" Certain moves just don't seem to wanna space out properly (or At least how i see it should connect)

Welcome to team synergy. Some teams do not compliment each other. It's the nature of the beast. It doesn't mean you can't use them. but you'll have better chemistry with other pairings.
Signature slaughtering you with love taps.
Shibble
Dragon Lord
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
I've been experimenting with Bryan/Yoshi this evening, even though they dislike each other, Bryan seems to fill in a lot of holes in Yoshi's play.
I can't help but feel I'd be better off pairing him with Kazuya though since his punishment is a godsend and minimizes the use of NSS for Yoshi vs pitbull teams.

I've got friends bringing their copy over to my house at the moment but as soon as Zavvi pull their finger out I'll sit down and look at Team Juggle damage and write down my experiences using certain characters with Yoshi.
Signature Capture cards broken, so no streaming at the moment.
@!-Baz-!@
Champion
PSN: EgyptianDarknessTeam
XBL: E.D.T - The Cursed
#58 “Quote” Edit Post
Who ever said that Yoshimitsu and Cragi are bad ass . he is a sharp young man .
That's my tag team partner for now till kunimitsu comes out. so Craig Marduk FTW.
Signature The Cursed : Stronger..Faster...Deadlier Yoshimitsu
[T6BR Yoshi Vol 5] [T6BR Yoshi Vol 4] [T6BR Yoshi Vol 3]
Egyptian Darkness Team Channel
Vulcan Hades
6th Dan
#59 “Quote” Edit Post
Who does Yoshimitsu likes and who likes Yoshi? I know Alisa likes Yoshimitsu apparently. And Yoshi probably likes Kunimitsu. Who else?

I was hoping to play Yoshimitsu and Christie or Asuka but I'm afraid these characters don't have a good relationship.

How important is it to have a good partner relation exactly? I'm new to this game.
Signature My Youtube Channel
@!-Baz-!@
Champion
PSN: EgyptianDarknessTeam
XBL: E.D.T - The Cursed
#60 “Quote” Edit Post
i'm posting soon my Yoshi-Marduk staple juggles video clips so you can see the damage, different combo launchers, and ease of use.

Last edited by @!-Baz-!@ on Sep 24th, 2012 at 12:19

Signature The Cursed : Stronger..Faster...Deadlier Yoshimitsu
[T6BR Yoshi Vol 5] [T6BR Yoshi Vol 4] [T6BR Yoshi Vol 3]
Egyptian Darkness Team Channel