Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
XBL: Mr Adam0
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Thought i might aswell make this thread seeing that all other character threads have one in them. Hopefully it might also get some life into the Raven forums.

New Moves/Changes

f+3,2:
-1st hit can be cancelled into SDW, 2nd hit KND

d/b+4 no longer staggers on block (from an earlier build) back to BR status. - Thanks to Tyler2k

qcf+2 does not appear to juggle normally anymore, now KNDs FUFA (f,f+4, u/b+1,2, d/b+2,1, b+4,4 all don't work). Best option we found was f+2,3 - Thanks to Tyler2k

2,4 does not knockdown at all - Thanks to Tyler2k and Kane

Last edited by Mr Adam0 on Aug 14th, 2011 at 22:37

tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
IMO if you want to create a TTT2 thread, you should definitely start with some known/new information
Originally posted by Kane
Raven
- 2,4 does not knockdown at all.
Originally posted by tyler2k
Raven
- qcf+2 does not appear to juggle normally anymore, now KNDs FUFA (f,f+4, u/b+1,2, d/b+2,1, b+4,4 all don't work). Best option we found was f+2,3.
- d/b+4 no loner staggers on block (from an earlier build) back to BR status.
So here you go.

BTW, I don't believe Raven can tag out of his b+1+3_2+4, but I didn't personally test him out. The qcf+2 change should be overall pretty terrifying until new juice is found.
Signature twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel | www.tyler2k.com - My fighting game site
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
IMO if you want to create a TTT2 thread, you should definitely start with some known/new informationSo here you go.

BTW, I don't believe Raven can tag out of his b+1+3_2+4, but I didn't personally test him out. The qcf+2 change should be overall pretty terrifying until new juice is found.

Thanks, Raven TTT2 info is kinda slim and hard to find, i didnt even know about any of these changes.

Sucks that qcf+2 doesnt juggle anymore, really just makes the whole mixup less scary. Do you know if they made 2,4 an NC now since it does not KND or did they just nerf that move even more for no reason? Also, nice to know that they restores db+4 to its former self.

EDIT:Edited first post so that new move and changes can be found there.

Last edited by Mr Adam0 on Aug 2nd, 2011 at 11:38

HeartHunter
Legend
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
And qcf+2 is so linear...

Maybe one can do qcf+2~f (teleport),b+4,4 like Lar's (ws+1_ff+2,)~f,3...

Maybe I dreamt too much Raven qcf+1~f in juggles...

Remember that these changes are not final.
Signature : HeartHunter just broke up with me *cries* He and everybody hates my hair.
: Well you still got me to hang with *cuddles around Lili, but look away from her hair*
*stunned* Lee, don't you tell me that you forgot my 'hair' *fluffling n fluffling like in a shampoo commercial*
*sighs* No~no~no-ways... beautiful *smacks* *smacks*
tyler2k
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by HeartHunter
Maybe one can do qcf+2~f (teleport),b+4,4 like Lar's (ws+1_ff+2,)~f,3...

So you're saying he can teleport out of qcf+2 now? If so qcf+2~f, SDW f+2,3, B! probably works, but I haven't seen anything regarding that change, granted I also don't really follow Raven anymore.
Originally posted by Mr Adam0
Thanks, Raven TTT2 info is kinda slim and hard to find, i didnt even know about any of these changes.
Yeah, we found those changes while doing some basic testing with Raven at EVO. I didn't play him but my friend plays Raven and we tested some things out. The only other thing I remember my friend telling me is that Raven doesn't require SS anymore to land his combos, as such can fit in more high damage hits earlier in the combo to boost the damage.

If anything you should try getting Cynnik to post his impressions because he was probably the best Raven player there and hopefully messed around with him long enough to find some new stuff out.
Signature twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel | www.tyler2k.com - My fighting game site
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
The only other thing I remember my friend telling me is that Raven doesn't require SS anymore to land his combos, as such can fit in more high damage hits earlier in the combo to boost the damage.

Could you get even more damaging combos by SSL or has Raven stopped putting himself off axis during juggles? Sorry if im being completely stupid, im just curious lol.
HeartHunter
Legend
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Could you get even more damaging combos by SSL or has Raven stopped putting himself off axis during juggles? Sorry if im being completely stupid, im just curious lol.

If that was true... Raven just become a decent tag partner...

I mean, if that is the case you can see double or even triple conseq vamp knees in "usual" juggles now, jabs are pretty much unnecessary except to do b+1 B!.

BTW, Raven's wallcarry, spike enders and mixup options post B! are already solid.

If his ff+3 is tag-able (ff+3~5).. imagine the eye candy...
/w Kazuya
Kazuya ewgf~5, ff+3~5, dewgf~5, b+4,4~5 B! dewgf~5, b+3_f+2,3_ff+4_b+2,4_3~4_F+1+2 ....amount of things you can do.
Signature : HeartHunter just broke up with me *cries* He and everybody hates my hair.
: Well you still got me to hang with *cuddles around Lili, but look away from her hair*
*stunned* Lee, don't you tell me that you forgot my 'hair' *fluffling n fluffling like in a shampoo commercial*
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
If that was true... Raven just become a decent tag partner...

I mean, if that is the case you can see double or even triple conseq vamp knees in "usual" juggles now, jabs are pretty much unnecessary except to do b+1 B!.

BTW, Raven's wallcarry, spike enders and mixup options post B! are already solid.

If his ff+3 is tag-able (ff+3~5).. imagine the eye candy...
/w Kazuya
Kazuya ewgf~5, ff+3~5, dewgf~5, b+4,4~5 B! dewgf~5, b+3_f+2,3_ff+4_b+2,4_3~4_F+1+2 ....amount of things you can do.

Yeah, that would be a nice combo, i just hope that he can tag from WS 1, df+2 and QCF+4
kPc
No! not the HopeKick
PSN: aAo-kpc
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
so wait qcf 2 f2,3 works....so f2 floats? b44 wont reach if it does?
Signature be predictable, apply your make up
attack without precision, practice with those of lesser skill
be impatient, learn from scrubs who are better than you
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Updated first post, theres now footage of QCF+2s KND.

IMO it doesnt make any sence when they are trying to nerf Ravens lows. QCF+2 is already seeable and launchable, no sense in taking away the small combo it gave and killing the QCF+2 mixup.
kPc
No! not the HopeKick
PSN: aAo-kpc
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
yea thats pretty dumb but on the good side, looks like you can do b3 for nasty oki afterward.....yea no guarantee but got to look on the brightside for something
Signature be predictable, apply your make up
attack without precision, practice with those of lesser skill
be impatient, learn from scrubs who are better than you
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.sunlightyellow.com/tekkentag2/ Dont know if all of these moves are true but it seems that Raven has a f+2,4,3+4. I havent seen any footage of it, but it would be nice if it bounded and would allow QCF+2 to launch again
HeartHunter
Legend
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.sunlightyellow.com/tekkentag2/ Dont know if all of these moves are true but it seems that Raven has a f+2,4,3+4. I havent seen any footage of it, but it would be nice if it bounded and would allow QCF+2 to launch again

er... that's BT f+2,4,3+4 on sunlight yellow, old stuff...
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
er... that's BT f+2,4,3+4 on sunlight yellow, old stuff...

Oh, alright, my bad lol
tyler2k
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Sunlight yellow was updated and Raven has 4,1. Not sure what it does, but I'll assume it's very similar to Dragunov's 4,1, namely a h,h NC punisher (except I assume Raven's will remain i11 and be less +frames on hit, possibly +4?).
KNITEMAREX
Virtuoso
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Sunlight yellow was updated and Raven has 4,1. Not sure what it does, but I'll assume it's very similar to Dragunov's 4,1, namely a h,h NC punisher (except I assume Raven's will remain i11 and be less +frames on hit, possibly +4?).

Noticed this as well. Interesting thing to note is that it leaves him in SDW so if it is NC with advantage on hit then that'd be one friggin nice buff
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#17 “Quote” Edit Post

If its like Dragunovs and leaves him in SDW it will be one damn good move. Is there any known footage of it anywhere?
tyler2k
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Was talking to my friend when he brought up the good point that Raven's 4 can magic 4, maybe CH 4,1, SDW f+2,3, B! works? That would also be nice just in case 4,1 isn't a proper punisher.
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
PSN: Online
XBL: Offline
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Was talking to my friend when he brought up the good point that Raven's 4 can magic 4, maybe CH 4,1, SDW f+2,3, B! works? That would also be nice just in case 4,1 isn't a proper punisher.

even a mini-juggle would be nice.
SDW b+2, SDW b+2, SDW b+2,4 for example.

so many property changes are listed on sunlight yellow, i wonder if there are any good buffs?
Signature CH b+1... b+1+2 HEY-YAAA!!

KNITEMAREX
Virtuoso
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
This is all dependant of course on what the 1 of 4,1 actually does and if his 4 has remained the same as it is in BR

I could imagine them making the 1 have some heavy knockback that doesn't wallsplat (similar to 1+2). And on top of that I could imagine 4,1 being NCc. I gotta remember to keep in mind that this is Raven and not to get my hopes too high, because the chances of him getting a legit good move (a punisher at that) are just plain slim