Page Splits 123>...27
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
adipati
Raijin
PSN: thatgarlicguy
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
This is my indept analysis of Feng Wei in TTT2, based on playing and testing at the Location Test in Indonesia.

Currently in T6BR, Feng doesnt get much rated. Compared to other he's most likely reach mid-tier. This is due to his lack of damage, mix-ups and 50-50 moves that could seal a match our way. We had to play him more defensive oriented now. Our tools said so. Evasive, long ranged punishers and oki hunt's. In most tourneys Feng was hardly reach the top. Because Tekken overall now is easier to crack a nutshell than defending one. Yuu and Hao are two our most respected and skilled representative, but they also realized that lately, defending will only keeping you live longer, while attacking could open several posibilites towards winning. So every player now is keeping their own balance of attacking and defending with Feng's limited tools.

So we have our hopes high, when the new instalation of Tekken comes. TTT2 from my early point of view are very much the same to TTT. Its only using T6BR standards. But after a lot of test plays, i changed my opinion. That the Tag System is very capable of making a bottom tier character rises with the help of his partner. For example, Feng staple juggle would only gain 76 points, but using our partner, we could use their moves as a stepping stone to reach higher! This works both ways, as our tag partner would be able to use several of Feng's unique tools.

But how is Feng works as an individual character?
Well, for the good and the bad, not many of his tools and properties that got changed. Uf2 still works as a panic button, and 2~1,1 trap still works. As you may already know his BTd3 now is stagger on block, but since it always been launch on block, so i dont think it really matters.

Ah yes. 2~1,1 trap. I have to say, i'm really happy they keep this for us. As this is one tools that no others has but Feng. I recorded the video test to prove it.

Back at the day of Korean Location Test, it seem only me that recoqnize that Feng standing 3 is has its animation changed. Even Blackpriest didnt put this info on his thread, because he could not tell the difference. But, i was right. Standing 3 animation was changes, because it was an entirely new move, a kick string. 334. mid, high, low. The last 3 is minus more than 15, so its launch on block.The mid and high works as a Natural Combo (NC), while all the 334 is an Natural Combo Counter (NCC). If you opponent hit by 334, they will KND FDFT (Face Down Face Toward). And Feng will stand Back Turned at the end of 334. I tried to use 33 as a poking tools, but sadly its to slow and not far enough. But, from my test, if 334 connects, BT+3 is guaranteed. So, my advice is, use 334 if your opponent stand on a breakable floor. Then after 334 connects, go right to BT+3, floor break and we got another small opportunity to combo.

We also has some new poke tools inside 1+4. low, high. Its a very fast kick to standing jab. Very hard to see, so its possible became our new match ender move. If 1+4 connects, it gives us plus frame (dont know how much) for another followup or setups. Too bad, 1+4 couldnt pick up on the ground (OTG) character. But it works like d+4,1+2. It low enough to lift them but sadly i havent managed to connect a jab to complete a combo. But thats alright, we have many brains here, that will find 1+4 more usable feature.

His death fist (qcf+2) is gone, replaced by a slow launcher on natural hit, lets call it the Dragon Fist. This new launcher is confuse me, since i cant connect it with staple juggle filler like df+1 or f+1. Although, on block the opponent is having a block stun so, hopefully it jab-safe. Because if it is, we FINNALLY has a launcher that potentially abuseable! Also, since it came from a snake dashing, so dragon fist will duck high, has its instant version and capable of mix-in with other qcf options.

Right!. Thats three new moves to cheer on about. So, have i any bad news?
Well, yes. But it more likely because of the TTT2 game system itself.

First. The Tag System. When someone KND on the ground, they most likely escape easily with skydive or tag-out. Thus, we unable to fishing for common okizeme. Thus oki options will slightly reduced.

Second. The side stepping range. SS in TTT2 is has more range. Like T5DR. Since most of Feng moves is linear, so its very likely we will be owned by ss~launcher moves.

Well, i guess thats it my indepth analysis. I will post more if i find something new, or need to correct some info i already posted. Stay with Feng, guys.
Signature PSN: thatgarlicguy
Add me as your friend, send me an invitation and lets play!
http://www.facebook.com/adipati.rahmat
https://twitter.com/adipatirahmat
Mundo
Iron Fist God
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the write up, adipati.

1+4 is the most welcome addition to Feng's repertoire of moves for me; even if it's 0 on hit (haven't tested, although I've never been interrupted right after it) and even with the tiny pushback from the 1, the fact that we now have a low to maintain momentum with gives us an offensive tool to use, as well as forcing the opponent to stay awake more.

3,3,4 ending in BT sounds cool on paper, and in fact I've landed the 4 myself plenty of times when I tested it during Comic-Con, but realistically I think everyone's just going to learn how to block it properly soon.

The only way I've seen anyone really use QCF+2 is as a Tag Combo starter, as seen from TMM's second TTT2 beta combo video. Can you test out the frames on block extensively please? I've -17 to -12, but I've never seen anyone really go all out on testing it.

Also, could you please try out teams with him, and see what, if any, unique team throws work with him?

Again, thanks.
laiba
Kyu
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
i heard 1,2 was - on block now. is it true?
adipati
Raijin
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Wow! Mundo, Wow!
Haha, i yet have no chance of discussing Feng progress with someone that already get their hands on such as my self. (except aris). Nice to see you made some test yourself.

and 1+4 is 0 frames on hit? well thats okay. I'm sure we could still use the momentum to followup with some crazy mixup.

qcf+2 minus -12~-17? really? well i dont know, because i havent yet told my opponent to retaliate quickly. i only said it perhaps safe because of the block stun. anyway, yes it is our main tag launcher. just qcf+2,5 and follow up with your tag partner combo.

@ laiba
1,2 was - on block now? i dont know. but if 122 was - more than 10, then lets cry a river.
THE SCRUB ZILLA
Raijin
PSN: AOS_SCRUB_ZILLA
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I appreciate you doing this adipati! I'm glad that his 2~1,1 tech trap and uf+2 is still in full effect. I'm sure there might be a few more changes though by the time everything is finalized so he might get even better!
Signature Make Wei or be Fenged!
VA TEKKEN RAGE
RVA TEKKEN
FENG OF VA
PhineBuyM3
Fujin
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Hello guys, I'm a new Feng player(does 4 months of learning him count as new?) and I've been in this board back and forth wondering if Feng's a good match for Yoshimitsu, but I noticed in the original post you said you couldn't connect the new qcf+2 into a juggle and by pure luck I was watching a video before reading that where someone did just that. Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsuGl7Fv7rU

@ 4:29 I think the trick is that you have to wait for a second and then run up to press 1 to get a juggle from the new qcf+2.
Signature
funkpanda
Virtuoso
XBL: funkpanda
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
After playing TT2 at EVO, I can say that Feng is pretty much the same with a few small buffs.

Only what I really noticed was that:

-UF+2 - as Adipati said, it's relatively unchanged.
- 1+4 - is at least +4~+5 on hit. I tested it VS Jabs.

One of the biggest buffs I saw - db 1, 2 has had the damage increased slightly and its more +Frames on hit. I don't know how many but I did db 1,2 and then did df 2,2 - it traded with Lars UF+3

Other than that - I didn't notice anything drastic. He did get buffed which is good.

The only problem I found was that I couldn't end tag combo with FF+3. I was playing Feng/Paul and i would do Paul df+2, f+2, f+2 B! then I would would try to do Feng FF+3 but it was too slow.
Signature Goon
Mundo
Iron Fist God
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey all,

So I tried a bit more as well with Feng during Evo this year. The newest thing I can add for him is that you can press the Tag button during his 1+3 throw, and this will cause his partner to tag in right after the opponent lands (it's hard to describe the opponent's position, but think FDFT, but off-axis with the opponent's head pointing towards you, the player). Depending on who you use, you may be able to get a mixup going due to how close you are. I was using Wang and when I did d+2 with him when the opponent got up, I ended up hitting the opponent from the back.

Also, I have overstated how difficult following up QCF+2 is. The combo I've been doing constantly and with ease is QCF+2, f+3,4, f+1, d/b+1+2, Tag Assault, and at the very least you can do f+3,4 afterwards consistently.

Your choice of a partner easily affects just how good the comboes are for the Tag Assault; Justing Wong during Comic-Con was using Jack 6's u+1+2, which allowed Feng to nail f+3,4, b+1+2 right after easily. I've been using Wang, and when I Tag Assault to him, it's always been f,f+3,4, followed by Feng's f+3,4, but no shoulder unless near a wall as Wang's move pushes the opponent too far away.

When Tag Assaulting into Feng on a wall, I've been able to use both f+2,1,2 into Wang's d/b+2,4,1 easily, as well as the same combo but using Feng's new 3,3,4 string. No comment on which one deals higher damage though, as I did not have time to properly measure the differences in damage.
Rudy024
Sage
PSN: Rudy024
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
wait wait, you can connect jabs after f3,4 in ttt2?
Signature How to break the tier: Shenanigans
Mundo
Iron Fist God
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rudy024
wait wait, you can connect jabs after f3,4 in ttt2?

Not clear on what you mean by this. Are you referring to juggling after launching with QCF+2?
Rudy024
Sage
PSN: Rudy024
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Also, I have overstated how difficult following up QCF+2 is. The combo I've been doing constantly and with ease is QCF+2, f+3,4, f+1, d/b+1+2, Tag Assault, and at the very least you can do f+3,4 afterwards consistently.
you can do qcf2, f3,4, 1, db1+2? so jabs connect after float f3,4? if so, i imagine you can do uf4, f3,4, 1, db1+2 B!.
Signature How to break the tier: Shenanigans
Mundo
Iron Fist God
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
I think it's more to do with both the height that QCF+2 launches, as well as the distance that f+3,4 covers, that allows the jab to hit. Hopkick would launch too low for f+3,4 to hit right.

Wish I actually recorded this stuff, as what little time I could play the game, I spent trying to execute what I imagined in my head (including the juggle for QCF+2).
QDogg
Manji Foot Soldier
PSN: Qunimitsu
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Feng Wei Movelist
http://www.sunlightyellow.com/tekke...acter/feng.html
Pink arrows indicate new moves, white arrows indicate property change/tag launchers

New moves
3,3,4 (can transition into BT after 2nd kick)
2,4,1 (can transition int BT)
1+4
QCF+2

It looks like you can tag out after the 1+3 throw.

Peace
Signature "Live, love, laugh, enjoy life."
Kirby Puckett, Minnesota Twins
1960-2006

retsu_himura
Iron Fist God
PSN: acceber evol samoht
XBL: ? ! ? ! ?
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by QDogg
Feng Wei Movelist
Pink arrows indicate new moves, white arrows indicate property change/tag launchers

New moves
1+4
QCF+2

Peace

What is the remark for 3~4,3 and 334?
Is it hold B to enter BT or hold B to cancel from going into BT?

Last edited by retsu_himura on Sep 6th, 2011 at 17:31

Signature Every new tekken series is a new game.
no matter how early u started tekken,
if u cant follow up with the changes then u'll be out for good.
Qeruberosu
6th Dan
PSN: Qeruberosu
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
I remember hearing Aris say that his tag team was supposed to be Dragunov/Feng but he was put off by the Feng changes in TTT2, but you guys are saying that he's pretty much the same + buffs....i dont understand whats going on here.
adipati
Raijin
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
i had to guess that, its the experience in using feng that caused the difference between aris and most of the players here. aris has only recently learns to played Feng. And our cast here, has been through a lot with feng.

so, me, as like any other guys here, didnt felt any big difference in Feng.
QDogg
Manji Foot Soldier
PSN: Qunimitsu
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Topic moved.
Signature "Live, love, laugh, enjoy life."
Kirby Puckett, Minnesota Twins
1960-2006

[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
XBL: Nor 360 =S
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by QDogg
Feng Wei Movelist

New moves
1+4
QCF+2

Peace

From the official movelist
3,3,4 (ends in BT, hold b to cancel last hit to end in BT) btw its changed to h,h,l)
2,4,1 (hold b to cancel last hit to BT)
Signature &// - Dragon - Tiger - Crane -DTC
Kiwi
Shihan
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by [~DTC~]
From the official movelist
3,3,4 (ends in BT, hold b to cancel last hit to end in BT) btw its changed to h,h,l)
2,4,1 (hold b to cancel last hit to BT)

2,4,1 (hold b to cancel last hit to BT) ---> about fkin time.

I can see this being real usefull.
adipati
Raijin
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
yes, offcourse it would come in handy.
because even people that knew how to deal with Feng, tend to wait the 241 string to end.
because the 241, last hit could be delayed,
and now we could transition it to BT, this could open old-but-new setups